210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacroixrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157902533
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm – 9:30pm Sunday-Monday, 5:30pm-10:00pm Friday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jon Cichon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on our private dining rooms please email Meredith Merlini at MMerlini@rittenhousehotel.com
- Special Events: Our Breakfast Buffet is available Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00am for $21.
A word from Lacroix
Stimulate your mind and palate as you taste creative new flavors and savor the familiar. Our Kitchen reinvents fine dining as they blend ingredients from around the globe in unique preparations to create Progressive International Cuisine at Lacroix, overlooking historic Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix is a luxurious dining destination hailed by food critic Craig LaBan for offering "Philly's most sophisticated contemporary cooking." Also top rated by Zagat-“For a taste of what the Gods on Olympus eat.”, Bon Appetit, Forbes 4 Star and AAA 5 Diamond along with a Superior "4-Bell" rating from Craig LaBan and the Philadelphia Inquirer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lacroix - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Lacroix reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (63)romantic (59)scenic view (54)notable wine list (47)great for brunch (46)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (18)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Best Brunch AnywherechoptlivaVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have always been impressed by Lacroix. The Sunday Brunch here is easily the best around. I drive in from Baltimore for it! The spread is so large; that alone is impressive. But what is more amazing is the quality of the food. We're not talking about tons of bacon and egg and pancakes (though they are available too), but treats like diver scallop sausage, duck confit, beef brisket, raw oysters, smoked salmon, and on and on. And add in impeccable service, Lacroix can't be beat. Make a reservation! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSF123Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch and couldn't have had a better experience. There are several stations set up in the restaurant as well as in the kitchen with a wide variety of food - appetizers, salads, seafood, carving stations, breakfast staples, desserts. The food was excellent but the service is what elevated the whole experience. Every member of the staff was friendly, knowledgable and attentive. It's the best brunch around and definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateOksoapDined on 8/21/2014We returned to Lacroix because of the wonderful the staff. And, it did not disappoint. We tried the chef's tasting menu. In other, maybe more notable city restaurants when we request to try a certain item, or avoid it altogether, we are usually disappointed. But not here! The food was outstanding. While we skipped the wine pairing, our waiter recommended outstanding choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your own wine!DeerapDined on 8/18/2014Loved dining at LaCroix on Monday. During the summer, you can bring your own wine on Mondays and enjoy your choice of two tasting menus. The food was incredible and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Lacroix and had the four course tasting. The food was amazing, and beautifully plated. The services was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Not up to previous experienceajaxDined on 8/12/2014I have dined at LaCroix in the past. My latest experience was not up to prior experiences at the restaurant. The food was very good and the waiter very attentive. However, the bar service at the table was ATTROCIOUS! It was so bad our waiter repeatedly apologized and offered a free round of drinks. Also the lighting was very harsh unlike the soft lighting in use on prior visits to the restaurant. The restaurant was also noisier than on prior visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the whole packageavocatVIPDined on 8/12/2014My server knew the dishes and was a pro. The sommelier visited me through the meal with helpful info about the pairings. And gifted Chef Cichon led gracefully from the line. The star of my four courses was halibut, so perfectly cooked I could not figure out the method. I asked Chef. "Steamed," he said. "160 degrees." With a delicate blue crab sauce alongside. The next time I go to Philadelphia, soon, I will try,try to get a place at the chef's table, right in the middle of that beautiful kitchen. This place is worth the price if you love service, knowledge of food and wine, and top ingredients prepared very, very skillfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a true treasureDCDinersDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant pays attention to every detail of the dining experience. one starts with an excellent bread basket to the choice of butters served at the perfect temperature. Every dish is a creation with attention to presentation, texture, and taste. We would highly recommend to anyone who cars about food and fine dining and we look forward to returning. This is a restaurant worth a journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in every respectRbgirlDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent, but the best part about this restaurant was the low noise level. We chose the restaurant because we wanted to have a quiet conversation. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The coconut chilled soup was scrumptious. We had a nice view overlooking the park. All four of us said we would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- RunnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary and were made to feel special from the moment we checked in. Our waiter Chris was attentive but not overbearing and allowed us to enjoy our evening. I requested seating by the window when I made the reservation and we had a lovely view of the park. The meal, four course tasting was excellent and we were also surprised by a complimentary glass of champagne. I nice touch to a perfect evening!We continue to come back every year here for this celebration since we never are disappointed. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgetownDined on 8/2/2014Excellent Dinner. Not so many selection of entries but everything was well prepared. Wonderfully harmonized staff from kitchen to floor made guests feel special. I strongly recommend to dine here for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great for ladies who lunch!DoberDined on 7/31/2014I took my friend here for lunch to celebrate her birthday.....and it couldn't have been better!! We got a seat by the windows overlooking the park on a brilliant day, the waitstaff were all knowledgable, attentive without being overbearing. A lovely, slow paced luncheon for people wanting to really savor the day! I know one birthday girl who felt very, very special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BesttwoteachersDined on 7/20/2014There are no words that do service to a dinner at La Croix. It is a spectacular over the top experience in every possible way.Special Features:
- Should be on your bucket listlisahDined on 7/20/2014You must experience this for brunch at least once in your life! It is by far the best all you can eat gourmet brunch around! Oysters, shrimp you name it. Everyone there is so nice and they make you feel like you are a celebrity. It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary or b day. It's too expensive for a regular day out at 150 for 2 plus parking and tip. But we'll worth the price if u are a foodie and love to try new things. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a quiet breakfastVinsMomVIPDined on 7/20/2014We chose Lacroix so that we could have a quiet breakfast for our anniversary. We didn't want to wait until brunch and were looking for someplace really pretty with excellent service and food. Lacroix fit the fill.
- a perfect eveningElmerDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I went to Lacroix for our wedding anniversary on a weekday evening. We were seated at a window table overlooking Rittenhouse Square. We had cocktails and the four course dinner with wine pairings. Everything was delicious. Subtle and interesting preparation and presentations. Just the right portions. Courses arrived at a nice relaxed pace. The servers were congenial and helpful without ever being intrusive. Not just a great dinner but a great evening. Highly recommended for that special occasion!Special Features:
- Fantastic overall experienceKjs517Dined on 7/13/2014We couldn't have asked for a better experience - get there early and grab a drink at the Library Bar, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above the rest...BazkapVIPDined on 7/13/2014The chef's tasting menu coupled with the upper tier wine option surpasses all comparisons that Philadelphia offers in fine cuisine and value. Though expensive, LaCroix is why one ventures out to dine. Playful and balanced preps of fine ingredients and a proficient and personable staff made our special occasion extraordinarily special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ~2 Benjys 4 lunch for 2? Worth it!rescuebirdDined on 7/7/2014If you've got the bank, Lacroix satisfies. Recent lunch to celebrate a milestone anniversary. Impeccable quiet service that materializes out of nowhere. Delicious & perfectly prepared and plated portions. We got to our $180 tab (including our generous tip) with two glasses of bubbly, a dozen oysters, two ~$30 entrees (wonderful lobster roll and a yummy grilled scallop salad) and by sharing a flight of 6 bite-sized desserts. The only minor quibble I could possibly come up with is a tiny one - a few of the oysters were plated on the bed of ice so that they had tipped a bit and lost most of their precious liquor - seemed a bit untoward to start chowing on the ice - but I wanted to! All in all, Lacroix is fab, and essentially flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TarrZTarrZVIPDined on 7/7/2014Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly by the Hostess and Manager. The view of Rittenhouse Square is spectacular. The food was expertly prepared and hot and arrived in a timely manner by well trained staff. For lunch, the grilled Caeser Salad came with caramelized red onions which added a nice flavor to the salad. The majority of us had the Lobster Roll which had large chunks of Lobster meat delicately seasoned and placed in a toasted bun and was accompanied by home made seasoned chips. The desserts, a variety of miniature selections, proved to be the right size for a day time dessert. Everyone enjoyed our experience at Lacroix.Special Features:
- awesome..get rid of the greenfoodie158Dined on 7/5/2014most amazing n incredible food but the green carpet n chairs not up to the great food...service excellent....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth of July Week-end in PhillyNengsitaDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend of mine and for sure the restaurant did not disappoint!. The service was excellent and the food is of high quality! When I made our reservations I requested a nice table for we are celebrating our anniversary. We were given a very nice table with the view of the Rittenhouse square and after dinner, we decided not to have dessert because we were getting tired from all the history and art we experienced did that day, BUT to our surprise they treated us to a very nice collection of after-dinner desserts and not just one type of champagne but TWO (without any charge!). Wow!!! they really surpassed our expectations! We would certainly go back to Lacroix next time we are in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceAnodineDined on 7/1/2014Great service -- polite, pleasant, attentive, unobtrusive, available, professional without being snobby. Great food -- fresh, lively, interesting plates. Great atmosphere -- nice decor, comfortable, happy customers and staff. Made us feel that our special occasion was also special to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated perfectionfoodieDined on 6/30/2014Lacroix is without question the finest dining experience in the Northeast region, and, while expensive, the experience is worth every penny. For a special occasion, I would go nowhere else. The entire presentation is creative, imaginative, intelligent and divinely tasty. We cannot rate the bar scene, we only go on weekdays. The wine list has options which are reasonably priced!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Extraordinary dining experience. We had the chef's tasting menu with the grand wine pairing...phenomenal. LaCroix is definitely a destination dining experience!!Special Features:
- frenchVIPDined on 6/22/2014We'd enjoyed dinner at LaCroix a number of times. This was our first time at Sunday brunch. What a pleasure--delicious and varied food, great service, good spirit. Whatever your dietary preferences/needs, you can find satisfaction here. We were enjoying ourselves so much that we gave away our afternoon theatre tickets so we could enjoy a leisurely meal. This is food that makes you eat slowly so you can enjoy the taste. $69 may seem steep for brunch. It's worth every penny. This will be your main (my only) meal of the day and you will have a wonderful time. Our experience was a great combination of elegant and relaxed. We will use LaCroix's Sunday brunch for celebrating events (anniversary, graduation) with friends.Special Features:
- daisyDined on 6/21/2014I have been here many times. Food, service are always top notch.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!BrunchloverVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was our third consecutive anniversary celebration at Lacroix and was fantastic! The 4 course menu was perfect size portions and absolutely delicious. The service was impeccable. We love the ambiance and view of Rittenhouse Sq. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANother Great MealkofppaDined on 6/15/2014Once again- excellent food- with great service and ambiance. The mix of flavors in the various dishes always lead to pleasant surprises. The relatively short list of deserts is a slight drawback, but the little extras at the end of dinner well make up for it. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenAmericandinerDined on 6/15/2014Very difficult to fault our brunch experience from the minute we entered the building to the very last thank you that we offered to our servers Mark and Ed and the skill by which Sylvan presented the vast menu on offer. What a fantastic experience that visitors to Philly should not.........nay must not miss!Special Features:
- 4 Course Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014To start out, you can choose from about four selections in each of three categories to customize the courses. Most of the selections fell under a meat, fish/seafood or chicken dish, so it wouod be difficult for a vegetarian to find much to choose from. Foodies, though, would be more than satisfied with the selections that included venison, octopus, passion fruit..... The positives were many: freshly prepared, beautifully plated dishes; unexpected treats from the chef; and caring, knowledgeable, and attentive service. In addition, they asked about food allergies and were careful to accommodate them. The next time, though, I would be careful to mention that I don't want salt used in the preparation because salt and pepper were on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014Went for a birthday dinner for my wife. Great French style restaurant (plan for a leisurely dinner). Everything we ordered was phenomenal, everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was very attentive without being intrusive. The staff did a great job accommodating the gluten sensitive member of our party (even provided a separate gluten free bread basket).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikesDined on 6/11/2014I've been here for dinner countless times but never thought to come for lunch! I had a few hours to kill before a meeting and this was the place. A big thank you to Eric who made me feel at home and not just a number. The hostess was even kind enough to get me directions to the office. The food was superrb and the staff so kind. The manager, Justine even brought my forgotten umbrella to me on my way out the front door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 6/8/2014Service was friendly, attentive without being intrusive. Food was well prepared, beautifully presented, interesting and delicious. It was a very enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive servicedrexelgkDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went to Lacroix for our anniversary and it was a great place to celebrate a special evening. My wife has a nut allergy and is pregnant, and it only took one mention to the waiter and the rest of the evening was tailored to her special dietary needs. Very friendly service, and great food. All of the dishes were great, and the whipped avocado dessert was a unique treat that was surprisingly very good. The four course meal was a good deal for $80, just leave yourself enough time to enjoy the night because dinner lasted 2.5 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacroix at 25OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/3/2014Chose the $25 25th anniversary lunch special and very much enjoyed the three courses, including a good glass of cremant. Service was solicitous and efficient, as one can expect. I am not writing about the wine bill we accrued except that the lovely burgundy was perfect with the scallop dish.
- Thank you Lacroix!idontwritereviewsDined on 6/1/2014I had my birthday dinner here with some friends and I have to say Lacroix really gave me a wonderful night. They not only helped me solve a difficult situation but also made efforts to make the night memorable. (Really enjoyed the little appetizer plate and the assorted dessert tray) I ordered the four course menu - Asparagus, Alaskan Halibut, Venison, Sorbet (Strawberry and Lime, Mango, Guava) The Halibut was tender and moist, I'm big on fish and I was really satisfied. My friends ordered Spanish Octopus and it's definitely the dish you should not miss. Sorbet was delish! Wished I could buy some home!!! I honestly appreciate the quality Lacroix provides and it has gained my trust. Highly recommend this place - reliable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in PhiladelphiaSmokedDuckDined on 5/25/2014As always, the Sunday brunch at Lacroix was excellent. The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon with friends and family.Special Features:
- Hard to BeatBuntzVIPDined on 5/24/2014Lacroix is one of our very favorite special restaurants and never disappoints. As an anniversary celebration, we had the Chef's Tasting Menu, with wine pairings, and it was a treat for eyes and palates. Elegant with friendly, knowledgeable service. Hats off to Sylvain Briens, Phillip and team. Just great.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/19/2014We had great service and very attentive staff - the food however was less than mediocre. It was really noveau dining where the experiment failed the basic of what great dining should be - taste!Special Features: