210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacroixrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157902533x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am;
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm – 9:00pm Sunday-Monday, 5:30pm-9:30pm Friday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jon Cichon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on our private dining rooms please email Meredith Merlini at MMerlini@rittenhousehotel.com
- Special Events: Our Breakfast Buffet is available Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00am for $25.
A word from Lacroix
Stimulate your mind and palate as you taste creative new flavors and savor the familiar. Our Kitchen reinvents fine dining as they blend ingredients from around the globe in unique preparations to create Progressive International Cuisine at Lacroix, overlooking historic Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix is a luxurious dining destination hailed by food critic Craig LaBan for offering "Philly's most sophisticated contemporary cooking." Also top rated by Zagat-“For a taste of what the Gods on Olympus eat.”, Bon Appetit, Forbes 4 Star and AAA 5 Diamond along with a Superior "4-Bell" rating from Craig LaBan and the Philadelphia Inquirer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lacroix - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Lacroix reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (104)fit for foodies (77)romantic (76)scenic view (59)notable wine list (51)great for brunch (50)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (13)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Sophisticated perfectionfoodieDined on 6/30/2014Lacroix is without question the finest dining experience in the Northeast region, and, while expensive, the experience is worth every penny. For a special occasion, I would go nowhere else. The entire presentation is creative, imaginative, intelligent and divinely tasty. We cannot rate the bar scene, we only go on weekdays. The wine list has options which are reasonably priced!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Extraordinary dining experience. We had the chef's tasting menu with the grand wine pairing...phenomenal. LaCroix is definitely a destination dining experience!!Special Features:
- frenchVIPDined on 6/22/2014We'd enjoyed dinner at LaCroix a number of times. This was our first time at Sunday brunch. What a pleasure--delicious and varied food, great service, good spirit. Whatever your dietary preferences/needs, you can find satisfaction here. We were enjoying ourselves so much that we gave away our afternoon theatre tickets so we could enjoy a leisurely meal. This is food that makes you eat slowly so you can enjoy the taste. $69 may seem steep for brunch. It's worth every penny. This will be your main (my only) meal of the day and you will have a wonderful time. Our experience was a great combination of elegant and relaxed. We will use LaCroix's Sunday brunch for celebrating events (anniversary, graduation) with friends.Special Features:
- daisyDined on 6/21/2014I have been here many times. Food, service are always top notch.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!BrunchloverVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was our third consecutive anniversary celebration at Lacroix and was fantastic! The 4 course menu was perfect size portions and absolutely delicious. The service was impeccable. We love the ambiance and view of Rittenhouse Sq. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANother Great MealkofppaDined on 6/15/2014Once again- excellent food- with great service and ambiance. The mix of flavors in the various dishes always lead to pleasant surprises. The relatively short list of deserts is a slight drawback, but the little extras at the end of dinner well make up for it. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenAmericandinerDined on 6/15/2014Very difficult to fault our brunch experience from the minute we entered the building to the very last thank you that we offered to our servers Mark and Ed and the skill by which Sylvan presented the vast menu on offer. What a fantastic experience that visitors to Philly should not.........nay must not miss!Special Features:
- 4 Course Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014To start out, you can choose from about four selections in each of three categories to customize the courses. Most of the selections fell under a meat, fish/seafood or chicken dish, so it wouod be difficult for a vegetarian to find much to choose from. Foodies, though, would be more than satisfied with the selections that included venison, octopus, passion fruit..... The positives were many: freshly prepared, beautifully plated dishes; unexpected treats from the chef; and caring, knowledgeable, and attentive service. In addition, they asked about food allergies and were careful to accommodate them. The next time, though, I would be careful to mention that I don't want salt used in the preparation because salt and pepper were on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014Went for a birthday dinner for my wife. Great French style restaurant (plan for a leisurely dinner). Everything we ordered was phenomenal, everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was very attentive without being intrusive. The staff did a great job accommodating the gluten sensitive member of our party (even provided a separate gluten free bread basket).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikesDined on 6/11/2014I've been here for dinner countless times but never thought to come for lunch! I had a few hours to kill before a meeting and this was the place. A big thank you to Eric who made me feel at home and not just a number. The hostess was even kind enough to get me directions to the office. The food was superrb and the staff so kind. The manager, Justine even brought my forgotten umbrella to me on my way out the front door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 6/8/2014Service was friendly, attentive without being intrusive. Food was well prepared, beautifully presented, interesting and delicious. It was a very enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive servicedrexelgkDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went to Lacroix for our anniversary and it was a great place to celebrate a special evening. My wife has a nut allergy and is pregnant, and it only took one mention to the waiter and the rest of the evening was tailored to her special dietary needs. Very friendly service, and great food. All of the dishes were great, and the whipped avocado dessert was a unique treat that was surprisingly very good. The four course meal was a good deal for $80, just leave yourself enough time to enjoy the night because dinner lasted 2.5 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacroix at 25OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/3/2014Chose the $25 25th anniversary lunch special and very much enjoyed the three courses, including a good glass of cremant. Service was solicitous and efficient, as one can expect. I am not writing about the wine bill we accrued except that the lovely burgundy was perfect with the scallop dish.
- Thank you Lacroix!idontwritereviewsDined on 6/1/2014I had my birthday dinner here with some friends and I have to say Lacroix really gave me a wonderful night. They not only helped me solve a difficult situation but also made efforts to make the night memorable. (Really enjoyed the little appetizer plate and the assorted dessert tray) I ordered the four course menu - Asparagus, Alaskan Halibut, Venison, Sorbet (Strawberry and Lime, Mango, Guava) The Halibut was tender and moist, I'm big on fish and I was really satisfied. My friends ordered Spanish Octopus and it's definitely the dish you should not miss. Sorbet was delish! Wished I could buy some home!!! I honestly appreciate the quality Lacroix provides and it has gained my trust. Highly recommend this place - reliable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in PhiladelphiaSmokedDuckDined on 5/25/2014As always, the Sunday brunch at Lacroix was excellent. The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon with friends and family.Special Features:
- Hard to BeatBuntzVIPDined on 5/24/2014Lacroix is one of our very favorite special restaurants and never disappoints. As an anniversary celebration, we had the Chef's Tasting Menu, with wine pairings, and it was a treat for eyes and palates. Elegant with friendly, knowledgeable service. Hats off to Sylvain Briens, Phillip and team. Just great.Special Features:
- The following 1541 reviews are from the Lacroix reviews archive.
- Disappointed with the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/19/2014We had great service and very attentive staff - the food however was less than mediocre. It was really noveau dining where the experiment failed the basic of what great dining should be - taste!Special Features:
- Delightful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at La Croix last weekend, and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience! The service was truly noteworthy; we felt extrememly well taken care of. Servers were thoughtful, knowledgeable about the food, and extremely attentive. The chef's tasting menu was nuanced, playful and innovative. We will definitely return for another dinner soon.Special Features:
- BonnieDined on 5/17/2014We used to go to LaCroix a lot until several years ago. This time, long after our last visit, we wanted to have a special dinner for our friends' special occasion. The food presentations were good; but not the taste. Even the desserts were not tasty. Too many sweets were offered also. I missed old LaCroix terribly. The wine was pricey, but supreme.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant in RittenhouseAndrewVIPDined on 5/17/2014Excellent restaurant - Great for brunch. Overlooks Rittenhouse Square. Nice decor. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at LaCroixOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014This is an excellent restaurant in terms of food and service. It was a very nice atmosphere but we were put in a separate room where they were unable to control the temperature separate from that of the main room. The temp was 68 degrees when we got there and never got much warmer than that. They also gave us a bill from another table which was significantly more than our bill. Luckily we checked it and didn't just pay it. I think the somewhat more egregious was that when I the valet took my car she said they would validate my receipt at the restaurant. It turns out they don't actually pay for your parking tab. They cover $10 off the first 3 hours. Since we were there for more than three hours we ended up paying the entire parking.Special Features:
- outstandingGoochDined on 5/4/2014Brunch has a new meaning when you've been here. French flare abounds. Every available surface has some type of food on it, you get dizzy. The main entrees are served from the kitchen, you actually have to go into the kitchen to get them. This is worth every bit the price. I suggest you avoid the alcohol though, it's really expensive and do you really have to be drinking that early? Try to park anywhere but there, it's $30 if they valet. Nothing I can say about the food will do it justice so take my word it's great. The wait staff is a step above any other high end place and you have over 2 hours to eat (and you will use it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/28/2014Outstanding dining experience in every respect!! Perfect balance of attention to detail and providing a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere. Absolute dining perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2014I took my husband for his birthday brunch, and it was amazing! Some of the best service I have ever received. The food was great...worth every penny!Special Features:
- Servicewjsg23Dined on 4/26/2014Especially impressed with the service. Interactive waiter who helped make our dinner an experience.Special Features:
- Accommodates vegetariansxx123Dined on 4/25/2014High end restaurant with menu items including venison. The four course menu for $79 was an excellent choice. The restaurant will accommodate most dietary requests including vegetarian/vegan. Drinks will significantly increase your bill. Attentive staff. Quiet environment. Not for kids or a loud group. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuyuppVIPDined on 4/23/2014Had 4 course tasting menu with wine pairings Fantastic food selections and service Allow 3 hours for dinner.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch Fab!LaurieKay45Dined on 4/20/2014A wonderful way to spend Easter Sunday with the family! Food is wonderful!Special Features:
- AmazingFoodie52390Dined on 4/18/2014The service was impeccable as was the food and wine pairing. My son is not a foodie like me but ate everything!Special Features:
- Individualized AttentionDrAlbertDined on 4/16/2014Ben, our waiter, was the best. One would think that we alone were the only customers in the restaurant with the wonderful attention he showed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of The BestleniVIPDined on 4/13/2014This is the second time we have been to LaCroix and it was just as delicious as we remembered it. If we lived in philadelphia and not NY we would be there more often. Yes, it is expensive; but it is worth every cent. Food, service, ambience just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacroix-Beautiful restaurantHungryDined on 4/12/2014Service fabulous Wine list good Food was just okay and I left starving!!!! They must have a menu that allows for full portionsSpecial Features:
- Top service in PhillynacixemVIPDined on 4/11/2014Service was outstanding. Every course was delicious and toward the end of the meal the chef came by our table. Certainly will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions are just right andusualrickDined on 4/10/2014Portions are just right and food was cooked and presented perfectly and was delicious. Fabulous bread.. We found the deserts to be a little too sweet and to bear little resemblence to the central ingredient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They're serious about foodfoodguy47VIPDined on 4/7/2014This is a calm, old-style top-end restaurant with attention to both food and service. I had the 8 course menu with wine pairing, and found the staff to the thoughtful and attentive. Interesting dishes, well done; thought went into the wine. It ain't cheap, but I'd definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is awesome and theDinningcoupleDined on 4/6/2014The food is awesome and the brunch selection is great. The Brunch is close to $70 per person and it is definitely worth it. Cocktails are a little bit over priced for my personal opinion ($15 for a Bloody Marry, $9 for a non-alcoholic lemonade). Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school, but goodAbcdavisVIPDined on 4/2/2014My husband and I love classic French and this restaurant didn't disappoint. Service was exceptional and the ambiance was quiet and elegant. Generally, the food was excellent although I had the lamb and found it to be tough even though it was served medium rare. This is not a hip joint, but if you want a restaurant where you can talk, where you aren't rushed, and where you want to impress someone, then La Croix would be a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Wonderful and elegant dining experience in a lovely setting. The staff was extremely courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- One of Philadelphia's finest diningDiamondstarDined on 3/26/2014If you total elegance with top service this is one of top three places in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with a flairQuicKickVIPDined on 3/26/2014Instead of going with the a la carte menu, I went with the 4 course option which didnt disappoint. The wine selection was excellent along with the service. It was unfortunately my dinner companion wasnt more of a foodie so that we could try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.