210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacroixrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157902533x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am;
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm – 9:00pm Sunday-Monday, 5:30pm-9:30pm Friday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jon Cichon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on our private dining rooms please email Meredith Merlini at MMerlini@rittenhousehotel.com
- Special Events: Our Breakfast Buffet is available Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00am for $25.
A word from Lacroix
Stimulate your mind and palate as you taste creative new flavors and savor the familiar. Our Kitchen reinvents fine dining as they blend ingredients from around the globe in unique preparations to create Progressive International Cuisine at Lacroix, overlooking historic Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix is a luxurious dining destination hailed by food critic Craig LaBan for offering "Philly's most sophisticated contemporary cooking." Also top rated by Zagat-“For a taste of what the Gods on Olympus eat.”, Bon Appetit, Forbes 4 Star and AAA 5 Diamond along with a Superior "4-Bell" rating from Craig LaBan and the Philadelphia Inquirer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lacroix - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Lacroix reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (93)romantic (90)notable wine list (63)scenic view (61)great for brunch (52)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (28)good for groups (18)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Impressive, inventive cuisineabsolutepalateVIPDined on 10/19/2014They are firing on all cylinders. The food was creative and nicely presented. Excellent service. The only detraction is their way-overpriced wines, mostly four-fold markups from retail pricing across the board. A real disservice to wine lovers. Being in PA is no excuse, as I can check pricing at the State Store online at my table. Let's not be so greedy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkably averagetypicaldinerDined on 10/18/2014The meal began with an amuse-bouche that was interesting but excessive. If it had been a full course, it would have been a portion size that I consider too large. The waitstaff repeatedly misplaced the plates, unable to sort out their error in 4 courses. The food was good but not memorable in any way. The desserts were the most consistently good course of the evening. I expected more.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!RareDinerDined on 10/12/2014We went here for our 6th wedding anniversary. We got the chef's menu with wine pairing. Right away we were treated like royalty. The dinner was very well thought out with complexity and style. The servers anticipated our needs before we had to ask for anything. All of the food was as beautiful as it tasted. This is a wonderful place to dine and be treated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Brunch at La Croix could not be faulted. Food was incredible- everything from caviar to liquid nitrogen mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Brunch EVERWhyGo2PhillyDined on 10/5/2014I had honestly never seen a Sunday brunch that included a raw bar. So when the menu was delivered, I thought they had given us the wrong one. While not a shellfish lover, I was absolutely blown away by Lacroix. There were over 100 delicious items on the menu. Some quite adventurous. Others more typical of a brunch. Everything was absolutely amazing. Highly, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening at LacroixOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014We treated ourselves to the Chef's Tasting Menu/wine pairing, which were both excellent. We had 8 small plates presented exquisitely with well chosen wine and a couple of amuse courses. Christopher, was very attentive, amusing and knowledgeable. The standout dishes were the mackerel served with squid, lobster with sunchoke/mushroom.The veal cheek gets an honorable mention too. One comment-the Mas Amiel red served with the chocolate dessert rather overwhelmed it - it would have been better with a more bitter chocolate dish. One of the best things -IT WAS QUIET. In many Philly restaurants you cannot hear yourself think. Lacroix is calm, organized and peaceful so you can have a romantic conversation with your dining partner without shouting!Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner once again with Chris as our waiter. We opted for the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairing and as usual it did not disappoint. We love coming here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and can not wait to return to celebrate our 15th next year! Thanks!!!! Nicole & JohnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodannyDined on 9/28/2014Generally the food was go and the proportions adequate. I found the beef a little tough.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysbrunchlover80Dined on 9/28/2014A friend and I love the brunch at Lacroix so much that we have reservations for every six weeks. The choice of foods is so unusual. A run of the mill "pasta salad" would never cross the threshold. The staff absolutely jump thru hoops to provide top notch service. It is a most elegant dining experience and a PERFECT place to relax. I wish I could give it more stars. I have also been to the Rittenhouse high tea. I have been to high tea from London to Hong Kong and nothing is like the Rittenhouse. The presentation is an experience in and of itself. I took a friend there for her birthday and we both felt like royalty.Special Features:
- Lacroix Brunch -- none betterchoptlivaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Once again Sunday brunch at Lacroix was a great pleasure. I must have come back half a dozen times now for this, but I just can't get enough. If I could, I'd just move to Philly for Lacroix. Yes, it's that good. The food is very creative and tasty, and the presentation is glorious. There are so many things to choose from, that taking half a bite of each item will make you not eat for the next week. And it's just quantity, but such superb quality that you want to come back for more. I had some of the pork bully on bacon funnel cake (now, tell me if that is already tempting!), and wow! For the price they charge ($75 a head) it's a great deal. I'm surprised the place doesn't have a line around the block. I will be back! And soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Lunch at LacroixBeteraVIPDined on 9/26/2014Based on Opentable reviews we expected a delicious lunch. The onion soup was excessively salty and not at all tasty. My lobster roll, at $28 had the smallest serving of lobster I've ever seen ( or not seen-- seriously, I searched for it on the bed of lettuce.) my partner's chicken cesar salad was likewise overly salty and in general not especially tasty. The big surprise was the dessert assortment which looked great but had no delicious tastes-- totally bland. Overall a big disappointment. The room is lovely and we did overlook the park, so some consolation. But really-- for $125. (Tax and tip included) this was not a meal or restaurant we can recommend.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!MagooandMacVIPDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated our 3rd anniversary at LaCroix and it was the perfect choice! The food was fascinating and delicious! The service was the best we've had in Philly in a long time. We were well cared for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/22/2014Great dining experience. Memorable and chef John was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBernDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Pleasant view of Rittenhouse Square. Valet parking $30.00.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekyums4daysDined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Lacroix for dinner during Restaurant Week because it had great ratings. The food and service exceeded expectations. Each course was amazing especially the bacon wrapped pork. Plus they gave us a sampler of bite sized appetizers and desserts on top of their prix fixe menu. Our server was incredibly attentive, funny and it seemed like he genuinely wanted to make our experience at Lacroix the best it could be. We will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week hitahphilaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I expected service to be rushed or dismissive, since we were there for the deal of 3 courses for $35, but the service was wonderfully attentive and thoughtful. First courses weren't great, but the entree of barley and shellfish, and the sweet corn dessert plate, were home runs.Special Features:
- entree issuelouiseVIPDined on 9/17/2014I went during restaurant week and although I knew the menu choices would be limited I thought they would all be tasty. I order the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. First I had to ask for a steak knife to cut it and then the second piece was so rare that I couldn't eat it. The first course and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experience!RobSDined on 9/16/2014I have been to Lacroix twice now and each time am so impressed with the quality of the service! They are incredibly attentive, though not over-bearing, and not stuffy either. The food is also great, although because it was restaurant week I think we got smaller portions than usual. But the quality was excellent!Special Features:
- DivineJojuDined on 9/15/2014The view of Rittenhouse Square, the high quality service and the divine meal made for an evening to be repeated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD and GREAT SERVICE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Everything is so excellent at Lacroix from service to food. This is my first time dining at Lacroix and the experience was amazing and I think I will come back there to have dinner more often. I highly recommend this restaurant for all occasions. All 10 for the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing phenomenal...phillyfoodieDined on 9/15/2014I had heard a lot of praises about the fantastic food at this Rittenhouse fine diner, but found it far from being phenomenal. The food was palatable, the service was courteous (as expected from a fine diner) and the ambiance was pleasant: but nothing was worthy enough for another visit!Special Features:
- Delicious but disappointing.Taste4bestVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was attentive but with condescending attitude. Salad was perfect. Entre described as having four types of shellfish had two small shrimp and three tiny clam bits, no mussels and no scallops. Very tasty but not as represented. My husband's pork was extremely tough. Petit desserts were yummy. With two "glasses" of "inexpensive" wine from the list (3 oz each, perhaps?) and one beer our $40 lunch was $90 and I was still hungry. Hostess was extremely gracious as I needed to call twice due to unavoidable delays and she considerately responded that our table would be held.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014Clearly one of best restaurants in Philadelphia. Excellent food, exceptional service, with a personal touch that makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and AmbienceJeanChristopheBuilletDined on 9/13/2014Staff is very friendly, accommodating, and knowledgable across the board. Food is very good but not perfect (a bit of sand in my seafood course). Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinner and breakfastCynthiaDined on 9/12/2014For our anniversary, we stayed at the Rittenhouse Hotel and had dinner at Lacroix. Wonderful. The service was outstanding. Our waiter, Jordan, went above and beyond the call of duty to insure our dinner was perfect. We both had the salmon marinated in miso, and it was outstanding. The wine list was outstanding, and we went with a wonderful Bordeaux, that was as smooth as butter. The sommelier, Justin, was very attentive, and answered all of our questions, coming back to our table several times. The following morning, we had breakfast, and I had the eggs benedict with smoked salmon. Again, outstanding. Our waiter for breakfast, Eric, was as attentive and professional as the wait staff the night before. Thank you to everyone.Special Features:
- Elegance on the SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lacroix is one of the few real formal restaurants left. Waiters in suits with shiny name tags and catering to your every whim with a "Ma'am" and "Sir." The food is outstanding and lives up to the hype. Beautiful plates, seasoned perfectly and served in perfect sync.Special Features:
- Lunch during Restaurant WeekRkimmitchellDined on 9/10/2014Impeccable service. Truly a memorable lunch. Would recommend to anyone looking for a special occasion splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceEAntoineDined on 9/10/2014Met a few friends for lunch during restaurant week... great atmosphere, awesome service, delicious food. Very classy and sophisticated!! I hope to return soon for afternoon tea!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014I mentioned to the waiter that my friend and I were there to celebrate passing a licensing exam. In addition to congratulating us, he also brought us a special complimentary desert on a plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate and a candle! It was a small gesture but extremely thoughtful and very much appreciated.
- Class and eleganceCamWasVIPDined on 9/8/2014From the moment you are greeted at the door to the last sip of espresso everything works seemlessly; great service, delicious inventive food, a calm inviting room with views over Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix shows how good fine dining in Philadlephia can be.Special Features:
- Unexpected serviceFoodcritic86Dined on 9/8/2014I came for lunch with my mom for Restaurant Week. I picked this bc of my previous experience, but also bc of the ambiance and the classy scale of the restaurant plus the scenic view. After waiting a few minutes, our server finally came over. I asked him questions about two of the listed entrees. First, he was talking really fast and I couldn't decipher which dish he was talking about, nor understand what he was describing. Then when I asked him what the last dish was, he gave me a look like I was dumb and I wasn't listening the first time. He seemed a bit annoyed with me to have to explain it. Overall, the entrees took way too long to come out. Service was unfriendly and uncaring. Food was poor quality. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceWhartoniteVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our dinner at Lacroix was incredible, from the extraordinary food to the immaculate service, we had a fantastic experience and will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The food was quite good and the service was nearly impeccable. The atmosphere was imposing, with the building's support columns attractively lighted, yet the overall ambiance was welcoming and friendly. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and attentive. The staff also was friendly and seemed genuinely concerned that patrons had an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchVIPDined on 8/31/2014The Sunday brunch is wonderful--we always linger. The sommelier is brilliant--the wine selection outstanding. The brunch is a great gift for wedding, anniversary, birthday, etc.Special Features:
- Amazing brunchjazwoodDined on 8/31/2014The wide variety of excellent food options, impeccable service and beautiful décor made our anniversary celebration at Lacroix one we won't soon forget! The personal tour of the various food stations, including the kitchen was a very nice touch. When we find ourselves back in Philadelphia, Lacroix will definitely be on the list of places to which we will want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but very overpricedintrigueuspleaseDined on 8/30/2014Limited menu. Interesting and delicious little sidelights on the plate, but the main event, while competent, wasn't anything I could not have done at home. My (loin) lamb chops were well cooked but the sauce, perhaps 1/2 teaspoon across the plate, just disappeared, so it beccame just a nice lamb chop; similarly my date's scallops. Really good was the bit of eggplant puree on the plate, but not exactly worth the price of admission. Good wine list, but 4x markup makes it hard to swallow. Thats said, we had a very pleasant evening in lovely surroundings and were well attended to (although one waiter may have lost a teeny bit of interest when he realized we were not big spenders).Special Features:
- Chef's Tasting Menu was ExcellentLeahVIPDined on 8/30/2014We loved every meal on the tasting menu, but a few were truly exceptional. The corn risotto with black truffle was unique and delicious. Other favorite include the fois gras and the octopus. The service was excellent. The only downside was how desserted it was. We dined here over Labor Day weekend and both the hotel and restaurant were so empty it was almost eerie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch AnywherechoptlivaVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have always been impressed by Lacroix. The Sunday Brunch here is easily the best around. I drive in from Baltimore for it! The spread is so large; that alone is impressive. But what is more amazing is the quality of the food. We're not talking about tons of bacon and egg and pancakes (though they are available too), but treats like diver scallop sausage, duck confit, beef brisket, raw oysters, smoked salmon, and on and on. And add in impeccable service, Lacroix can't be beat. Make a reservation! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSF123Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch and couldn't have had a better experience. There are several stations set up in the restaurant as well as in the kitchen with a wide variety of food - appetizers, salads, seafood, carving stations, breakfast staples, desserts. The food was excellent but the service is what elevated the whole experience. Every member of the staff was friendly, knowledgable and attentive. It's the best brunch around and definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateOksoapDined on 8/21/2014We returned to Lacroix because of the wonderful the staff. And, it did not disappoint. We tried the chef's tasting menu. In other, maybe more notable city restaurants when we request to try a certain item, or avoid it altogether, we are usually disappointed. But not here! The food was outstanding. While we skipped the wine pairing, our waiter recommended outstanding choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.