210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacroixrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157902533x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am;
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm – 9:00pm Sunday-Monday, 5:30pm-9:30pm Friday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jon Cichon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on our private dining rooms please email Meredith Merlini at MMerlini@rittenhousehotel.com
- Special Events: Our Breakfast Buffet is available Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00am for $25.
A word from Lacroix
Stimulate your mind and palate as you taste creative new flavors and savor the familiar. Our Kitchen reinvents fine dining as they blend ingredients from around the globe in unique preparations to create Progressive International Cuisine at Lacroix, overlooking historic Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix is a luxurious dining destination hailed by food critic Craig LaBan for offering "Philly's most sophisticated contemporary cooking." Also top rated by Zagat-“For a taste of what the Gods on Olympus eat.”, Bon Appetit, Forbes 4 Star and AAA 5 Diamond along with a Superior "4-Bell" rating from Craig LaBan and the Philadelphia Inquirer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lacroix - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Lacroix reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (122)fit for foodies (95)romantic (90)scenic view (65)notable wine list (59)great for brunch (52)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (30)good for groups (15)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- FoodannyDined on 9/28/2014Generally the food was go and the proportions adequate. I found the beef a little tough.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014A friend and I love the brunch at Lacroix so much that we have reservations for every six weeks. The choice of foods is so unusual. A run of the mill "pasta salad" would never cross the threshold. The staff absolutely jump thru hoops to provide top notch service. It is a most elegant dining experience and a PERFECT place to relax. I wish I could give it more stars. I have also been to the Rittenhouse high tea. I have been to high tea from London to Hong Kong and nothing is like the Rittenhouse. The presentation is an experience in and of itself. I took a friend there for her birthday and we both felt like royalty.Special Features:
- Lacroix Brunch -- none betterchoptlivaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Once again Sunday brunch at Lacroix was a great pleasure. I must have come back half a dozen times now for this, but I just can't get enough. If I could, I'd just move to Philly for Lacroix. Yes, it's that good. The food is very creative and tasty, and the presentation is glorious. There are so many things to choose from, that taking half a bite of each item will make you not eat for the next week. And it's just quantity, but such superb quality that you want to come back for more. I had some of the pork bully on bacon funnel cake (now, tell me if that is already tempting!), and wow! For the price they charge ($75 a head) it's a great deal. I'm surprised the place doesn't have a line around the block. I will be back! And soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Lunch at LacroixBeteraVIPDined on 9/26/2014Based on Opentable reviews we expected a delicious lunch. The onion soup was excessively salty and not at all tasty. My lobster roll, at $28 had the smallest serving of lobster I've ever seen ( or not seen-- seriously, I searched for it on the bed of lettuce.) my partner's chicken cesar salad was likewise overly salty and in general not especially tasty. The big surprise was the dessert assortment which looked great but had no delicious tastes-- totally bland. Overall a big disappointment. The room is lovely and we did overlook the park, so some consolation. But really-- for $125. (Tax and tip included) this was not a meal or restaurant we can recommend.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!MagooandMacVIPDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated our 3rd anniversary at LaCroix and it was the perfect choice! The food was fascinating and delicious! The service was the best we've had in Philly in a long time. We were well cared for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/22/2014Great dining experience. Memorable and chef John was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBernDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Pleasant view of Rittenhouse Square. Valet parking $30.00.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekyums4daysDined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Lacroix for dinner during Restaurant Week because it had great ratings. The food and service exceeded expectations. Each course was amazing especially the bacon wrapped pork. Plus they gave us a sampler of bite sized appetizers and desserts on top of their prix fixe menu. Our server was incredibly attentive, funny and it seemed like he genuinely wanted to make our experience at Lacroix the best it could be. We will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week hitahphilaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I expected service to be rushed or dismissive, since we were there for the deal of 3 courses for $35, but the service was wonderfully attentive and thoughtful. First courses weren't great, but the entree of barley and shellfish, and the sweet corn dessert plate, were home runs.Special Features:
- entree issuelouiseVIPDined on 9/17/2014I went during restaurant week and although I knew the menu choices would be limited I thought they would all be tasty. I order the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. First I had to ask for a steak knife to cut it and then the second piece was so rare that I couldn't eat it. The first course and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experience!RobSDined on 9/16/2014I have been to Lacroix twice now and each time am so impressed with the quality of the service! They are incredibly attentive, though not over-bearing, and not stuffy either. The food is also great, although because it was restaurant week I think we got smaller portions than usual. But the quality was excellent!Special Features:
- DivineJojuDined on 9/15/2014The view of Rittenhouse Square, the high quality service and the divine meal made for an evening to be repeated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD and GREAT SERVICE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Everything is so excellent at Lacroix from service to food. This is my first time dining at Lacroix and the experience was amazing and I think I will come back there to have dinner more often. I highly recommend this restaurant for all occasions. All 10 for the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing phenomenal...phillyfoodieDined on 9/15/2014I had heard a lot of praises about the fantastic food at this Rittenhouse fine diner, but found it far from being phenomenal. The food was palatable, the service was courteous (as expected from a fine diner) and the ambiance was pleasant: but nothing was worthy enough for another visit!Special Features:
- Delicious but disappointing.Taste4bestVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was attentive but with condescending attitude. Salad was perfect. Entre described as having four types of shellfish had two small shrimp and three tiny clam bits, no mussels and no scallops. Very tasty but not as represented. My husband's pork was extremely tough. Petit desserts were yummy. With two "glasses" of "inexpensive" wine from the list (3 oz each, perhaps?) and one beer our $40 lunch was $90 and I was still hungry. Hostess was extremely gracious as I needed to call twice due to unavoidable delays and she considerately responded that our table would be held.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014Clearly one of best restaurants in Philadelphia. Excellent food, exceptional service, with a personal touch that makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and AmbienceJeanChristopheBuilletDined on 9/13/2014Staff is very friendly, accommodating, and knowledgable across the board. Food is very good but not perfect (a bit of sand in my seafood course). Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinner and breakfastCynthiaDined on 9/12/2014For our anniversary, we stayed at the Rittenhouse Hotel and had dinner at Lacroix. Wonderful. The service was outstanding. Our waiter, Jordan, went above and beyond the call of duty to insure our dinner was perfect. We both had the salmon marinated in miso, and it was outstanding. The wine list was outstanding, and we went with a wonderful Bordeaux, that was as smooth as butter. The sommelier, Justin, was very attentive, and answered all of our questions, coming back to our table several times. The following morning, we had breakfast, and I had the eggs benedict with smoked salmon. Again, outstanding. Our waiter for breakfast, Eric, was as attentive and professional as the wait staff the night before. Thank you to everyone.Special Features:
- Elegance on the SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lacroix is one of the few real formal restaurants left. Waiters in suits with shiny name tags and catering to your every whim with a "Ma'am" and "Sir." The food is outstanding and lives up to the hype. Beautiful plates, seasoned perfectly and served in perfect sync.Special Features:
- Lunch during Restaurant WeekRkimmitchellDined on 9/10/2014Impeccable service. Truly a memorable lunch. Would recommend to anyone looking for a special occasion splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceEAntoineDined on 9/10/2014Met a few friends for lunch during restaurant week... great atmosphere, awesome service, delicious food. Very classy and sophisticated!! I hope to return soon for afternoon tea!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014I mentioned to the waiter that my friend and I were there to celebrate passing a licensing exam. In addition to congratulating us, he also brought us a special complimentary desert on a plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate and a candle! It was a small gesture but extremely thoughtful and very much appreciated.
- Class and eleganceCamWasVIPDined on 9/8/2014From the moment you are greeted at the door to the last sip of espresso everything works seemlessly; great service, delicious inventive food, a calm inviting room with views over Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix shows how good fine dining in Philadlephia can be.Special Features:
- Unexpected serviceFoodcritic86Dined on 9/8/2014I came for lunch with my mom for Restaurant Week. I picked this bc of my previous experience, but also bc of the ambiance and the classy scale of the restaurant plus the scenic view. After waiting a few minutes, our server finally came over. I asked him questions about two of the listed entrees. First, he was talking really fast and I couldn't decipher which dish he was talking about, nor understand what he was describing. Then when I asked him what the last dish was, he gave me a look like I was dumb and I wasn't listening the first time. He seemed a bit annoyed with me to have to explain it. Overall, the entrees took way too long to come out. Service was unfriendly and uncaring. Food was poor quality. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceWhartoniteVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our dinner at Lacroix was incredible, from the extraordinary food to the immaculate service, we had a fantastic experience and will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The food was quite good and the service was nearly impeccable. The atmosphere was imposing, with the building's support columns attractively lighted, yet the overall ambiance was welcoming and friendly. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and attentive. The staff also was friendly and seemed genuinely concerned that patrons had an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchVIPDined on 8/31/2014The Sunday brunch is wonderful--we always linger. The sommelier is brilliant--the wine selection outstanding. The brunch is a great gift for wedding, anniversary, birthday, etc.Special Features:
- Amazing brunchjazwoodDined on 8/31/2014The wide variety of excellent food options, impeccable service and beautiful décor made our anniversary celebration at Lacroix one we won't soon forget! The personal tour of the various food stations, including the kitchen was a very nice touch. When we find ourselves back in Philadelphia, Lacroix will definitely be on the list of places to which we will want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but very overpricedintrigueuspleaseDined on 8/30/2014Limited menu. Interesting and delicious little sidelights on the plate, but the main event, while competent, wasn't anything I could not have done at home. My (loin) lamb chops were well cooked but the sauce, perhaps 1/2 teaspoon across the plate, just disappeared, so it beccame just a nice lamb chop; similarly my date's scallops. Really good was the bit of eggplant puree on the plate, but not exactly worth the price of admission. Good wine list, but 4x markup makes it hard to swallow. Thats said, we had a very pleasant evening in lovely surroundings and were well attended to (although one waiter may have lost a teeny bit of interest when he realized we were not big spenders).Special Features:
- Chef's Tasting Menu was ExcellentLeahVIPDined on 8/30/2014We loved every meal on the tasting menu, but a few were truly exceptional. The corn risotto with black truffle was unique and delicious. Other favorite include the fois gras and the octopus. The service was excellent. The only downside was how desserted it was. We dined here over Labor Day weekend and both the hotel and restaurant were so empty it was almost eerie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch AnywherechoptlivaVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have always been impressed by Lacroix. The Sunday Brunch here is easily the best around. I drive in from Baltimore for it! The spread is so large; that alone is impressive. But what is more amazing is the quality of the food. We're not talking about tons of bacon and egg and pancakes (though they are available too), but treats like diver scallop sausage, duck confit, beef brisket, raw oysters, smoked salmon, and on and on. And add in impeccable service, Lacroix can't be beat. Make a reservation! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSF123Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch and couldn't have had a better experience. There are several stations set up in the restaurant as well as in the kitchen with a wide variety of food - appetizers, salads, seafood, carving stations, breakfast staples, desserts. The food was excellent but the service is what elevated the whole experience. Every member of the staff was friendly, knowledgable and attentive. It's the best brunch around and definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateOksoapDined on 8/21/2014We returned to Lacroix because of the wonderful the staff. And, it did not disappoint. We tried the chef's tasting menu. In other, maybe more notable city restaurants when we request to try a certain item, or avoid it altogether, we are usually disappointed. But not here! The food was outstanding. While we skipped the wine pairing, our waiter recommended outstanding choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your own wine!DeerapDined on 8/18/2014Loved dining at LaCroix on Monday. During the summer, you can bring your own wine on Mondays and enjoy your choice of two tasting menus. The food was incredible and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Lacroix and had the four course tasting. The food was amazing, and beautifully plated. The services was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Not up to previous experienceajaxDined on 8/12/2014I have dined at LaCroix in the past. My latest experience was not up to prior experiences at the restaurant. The food was very good and the waiter very attentive. However, the bar service at the table was ATTROCIOUS! It was so bad our waiter repeatedly apologized and offered a free round of drinks. Also the lighting was very harsh unlike the soft lighting in use on prior visits to the restaurant. The restaurant was also noisier than on prior visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the whole packageavocatVIPDined on 8/12/2014My server knew the dishes and was a pro. The sommelier visited me through the meal with helpful info about the pairings. And gifted Chef Cichon led gracefully from the line. The star of my four courses was halibut, so perfectly cooked I could not figure out the method. I asked Chef. "Steamed," he said. "160 degrees." With a delicate blue crab sauce alongside. The next time I go to Philadelphia, soon, I will try,try to get a place at the chef's table, right in the middle of that beautiful kitchen. This place is worth the price if you love service, knowledge of food and wine, and top ingredients prepared very, very skillfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a true treasureDCDinersDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant pays attention to every detail of the dining experience. one starts with an excellent bread basket to the choice of butters served at the perfect temperature. Every dish is a creation with attention to presentation, texture, and taste. We would highly recommend to anyone who cars about food and fine dining and we look forward to returning. This is a restaurant worth a journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in every respectRbgirlDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent, but the best part about this restaurant was the low noise level. We chose the restaurant because we wanted to have a quiet conversation. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The coconut chilled soup was scrumptious. We had a nice view overlooking the park. All four of us said we would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- RunnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary and were made to feel special from the moment we checked in. Our waiter Chris was attentive but not overbearing and allowed us to enjoy our evening. I requested seating by the window when I made the reservation and we had a lovely view of the park. The meal, four course tasting was excellent and we were also surprised by a complimentary glass of champagne. I nice touch to a perfect evening!We continue to come back every year here for this celebration since we never are disappointed. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.