210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacroixrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 790-2533
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am;
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm – 9:00pm Sunday-Monday, 5:30pm-9:30pm Friday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jon Cichon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on our private dining rooms please email Meredith Merlini at MMerlini@rittenhousehotel.com
- Special Events: Our Breakfast Buffet is available Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00am for $25.
A word from Lacroix
Stimulate your mind and palate as you taste creative new flavors and savor the familiar. Our Kitchen reinvents fine dining as they blend ingredients from around the globe in unique preparations to create Progressive International Cuisine at Lacroix, overlooking historic Rittenhouse Square. Lacroix is a luxurious dining destination hailed by food critic Craig LaBan for offering "Philly's most sophisticated contemporary cooking." Also top rated by Zagat-“For a taste of what the Gods on Olympus eat.”, Bon Appetit, Forbes 4 Star and AAA 5 Diamond along with a Superior "4-Bell" rating from Craig LaBan and the Philadelphia Inquirer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lacroix - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Lacroix reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (122)fit for foodies (94)romantic (82)scenic view (56)notable wine list (53)great for brunch (52)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (26)good for groups (14)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Happy WomanHappywomanDined on 11/22/2014The food, ambiance and service did not disappoint. One of the best in Philadelphia with many bests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not that greatTellnotalesVIPDined on 11/22/2014The service was great. The food was just okay. It felt like a hotel restaurant. With all the great restaurants in Philadelphia I would probably go somewhere else.
- My favorite in PhillychoptlivaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Can't say enough about Lacroix. Chef Cichon is magnificently creative, and his dishes are superb. GM Sylvain Briens led such a great team at Lacroix. Impeccable service. Imaginative cuisine. Those are reasons why we would drive almost two hours each way just to have dinner there. And we've been doing that for some time now. If you are in town, give Lacroix a try. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ambiance, bland foodPhillyfoodiesDined on 11/10/2014Amazing restaurant location in Rittenhouse Square. Great ambiance and the fantastic service you would expect from a fine french restaurant. Prices in line with what you would expect to pay for a fine french meal. The only detractor was the food. Although visually appealing and portioned as one would expect, the taste lacked the sophistication normally expected of a fine french restaurant. In short, the food tasted bland.Special Features:
- Great experienceLovemyfoodDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed brunch, food was amazing, atmosphere is lovely. Price was outrageous but it was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great meal great serviceJayBDined on 11/8/2014Wife and I decided in the 4 course meal since it was late. Service was best we've had in Philly. Food was excellent as well as view of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in PhillychoptlivaVIPDined on 11/8/2014I've been coming to Lacroix on a regular basis for several years. I've NEVER had a meal here that is not exceptional. Everything from decor, ambiance, service, food preparation and presentation, all are superb. Had the lobster tonight, and I have no idea what they did, but it tasted so good I wanted more. My one regret is that I have over 2 hours away, and so we can't come for dinner every week. Otherwise, I'll be there on a weekly basis. Looking forward to my return next month! If you're heading to Philly and have not tried Lacroix, go, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great brunch for a special occasionTkapVIPDined on 11/2/2014The food was great. Going into the kitchen to select brunch items was a neat experience, but added to the very congested feel in the restaurant. I can't emphasize how tight this space is. It is hard to walk with plates of food and that detracts from the experience. I can also add that for $75 per person ++, the service should be impeccable, and it was not. We waited for water, we asked twice for refills of coffee and iced tea. This missed the mark. However, I did love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastfooodeeeeDined on 11/2/2014This is a nice place to go and treat yourself, the food was good but the staff excellentSpecial Features:
- At the Top of My ListDanaDined on 10/31/2014Simply stated, our dining experience here was the most refined, warm, spot on of any in my yet 51 years. Magnificent. Truly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 10/23/2014Fine dinning at its best. A very special restaurant for special occasions. The food, wine and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Impressive, inventive cuisineabsolutepalateVIPDined on 10/19/2014They are firing on all cylinders. The food was creative and nicely presented. Excellent service. The only detraction is their way-overpriced wines, mostly four-fold markups from retail pricing across the board. A real disservice to wine lovers. Being in PA is no excuse, as I can check pricing at the State Store online at my table. Let's not be so greedy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkably averagetypicaldinerDined on 10/18/2014The meal began with an amuse-bouche that was interesting but excessive. If it had been a full course, it would have been a portion size that I consider too large. The waitstaff repeatedly misplaced the plates, unable to sort out their error in 4 courses. The food was good but not memorable in any way. The desserts were the most consistently good course of the evening. I expected more.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!RareDinerDined on 10/12/2014We went here for our 6th wedding anniversary. We got the chef's menu with wine pairing. Right away we were treated like royalty. The dinner was very well thought out with complexity and style. The servers anticipated our needs before we had to ask for anything. All of the food was as beautiful as it tasted. This is a wonderful place to dine and be treated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Brunch at La Croix could not be faulted. Food was incredible- everything from caviar to liquid nitrogen mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Brunch EVERWhyGo2PhillyDined on 10/5/2014I had honestly never seen a Sunday brunch that included a raw bar. So when the menu was delivered, I thought they had given us the wrong one. While not a shellfish lover, I was absolutely blown away by Lacroix. There were over 100 delicious items on the menu. Some quite adventurous. Others more typical of a brunch. Everything was absolutely amazing. Highly, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening at LacroixOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014We treated ourselves to the Chef's Tasting Menu/wine pairing, which were both excellent. We had 8 small plates presented exquisitely with well chosen wine and a couple of amuse courses. Christopher, was very attentive, amusing and knowledgeable. The standout dishes were the mackerel served with squid, lobster with sunchoke/mushroom.The veal cheek gets an honorable mention too. One comment-the Mas Amiel red served with the chocolate dessert rather overwhelmed it - it would have been better with a more bitter chocolate dish. One of the best things -IT WAS QUIET. In many Philly restaurants you cannot hear yourself think. Lacroix is calm, organized and peaceful so you can have a romantic conversation with your dining partner without shouting!Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner once again with Chris as our waiter. We opted for the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairing and as usual it did not disappoint. We love coming here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and can not wait to return to celebrate our 15th next year! Thanks!!!! Nicole & JohnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodannyDined on 9/28/2014Generally the food was go and the proportions adequate. I found the beef a little tough.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysbrunchlover80Dined on 9/28/2014A friend and I love the brunch at Lacroix so much that we have reservations for every six weeks. The choice of foods is so unusual. A run of the mill "pasta salad" would never cross the threshold. The staff absolutely jump thru hoops to provide top notch service. It is a most elegant dining experience and a PERFECT place to relax. I wish I could give it more stars. I have also been to the Rittenhouse high tea. I have been to high tea from London to Hong Kong and nothing is like the Rittenhouse. The presentation is an experience in and of itself. I took a friend there for her birthday and we both felt like royalty.Special Features:
- Lacroix Brunch -- none betterchoptlivaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Once again Sunday brunch at Lacroix was a great pleasure. I must have come back half a dozen times now for this, but I just can't get enough. If I could, I'd just move to Philly for Lacroix. Yes, it's that good. The food is very creative and tasty, and the presentation is glorious. There are so many things to choose from, that taking half a bite of each item will make you not eat for the next week. And it's just quantity, but such superb quality that you want to come back for more. I had some of the pork bully on bacon funnel cake (now, tell me if that is already tempting!), and wow! For the price they charge ($75 a head) it's a great deal. I'm surprised the place doesn't have a line around the block. I will be back! And soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Lunch at LacroixBeteraVIPDined on 9/26/2014Based on Opentable reviews we expected a delicious lunch. The onion soup was excessively salty and not at all tasty. My lobster roll, at $28 had the smallest serving of lobster I've ever seen ( or not seen-- seriously, I searched for it on the bed of lettuce.) my partner's chicken cesar salad was likewise overly salty and in general not especially tasty. The big surprise was the dessert assortment which looked great but had no delicious tastes-- totally bland. Overall a big disappointment. The room is lovely and we did overlook the park, so some consolation. But really-- for $125. (Tax and tip included) this was not a meal or restaurant we can recommend.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!MagooandMacVIPDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated our 3rd anniversary at LaCroix and it was the perfect choice! The food was fascinating and delicious! The service was the best we've had in Philly in a long time. We were well cared for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/22/2014Great dining experience. Memorable and chef John was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBernDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Pleasant view of Rittenhouse Square. Valet parking $30.00.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekyums4daysDined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Lacroix for dinner during Restaurant Week because it had great ratings. The food and service exceeded expectations. Each course was amazing especially the bacon wrapped pork. Plus they gave us a sampler of bite sized appetizers and desserts on top of their prix fixe menu. Our server was incredibly attentive, funny and it seemed like he genuinely wanted to make our experience at Lacroix the best it could be. We will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week hitahphilaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I expected service to be rushed or dismissive, since we were there for the deal of 3 courses for $35, but the service was wonderfully attentive and thoughtful. First courses weren't great, but the entree of barley and shellfish, and the sweet corn dessert plate, were home runs.Special Features:
- entree issuelouiseVIPDined on 9/17/2014I went during restaurant week and although I knew the menu choices would be limited I thought they would all be tasty. I order the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. First I had to ask for a steak knife to cut it and then the second piece was so rare that I couldn't eat it. The first course and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experience!RobSDined on 9/16/2014I have been to Lacroix twice now and each time am so impressed with the quality of the service! They are incredibly attentive, though not over-bearing, and not stuffy either. The food is also great, although because it was restaurant week I think we got smaller portions than usual. But the quality was excellent!Special Features:
- DivineJojuDined on 9/15/2014The view of Rittenhouse Square, the high quality service and the divine meal made for an evening to be repeated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD and GREAT SERVICE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Everything is so excellent at Lacroix from service to food. This is my first time dining at Lacroix and the experience was amazing and I think I will come back there to have dinner more often. I highly recommend this restaurant for all occasions. All 10 for the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing phenomenal...phillyfoodieDined on 9/15/2014I had heard a lot of praises about the fantastic food at this Rittenhouse fine diner, but found it far from being phenomenal. The food was palatable, the service was courteous (as expected from a fine diner) and the ambiance was pleasant: but nothing was worthy enough for another visit!Special Features:
- Delicious but disappointing.Taste4bestVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was attentive but with condescending attitude. Salad was perfect. Entre described as having four types of shellfish had two small shrimp and three tiny clam bits, no mussels and no scallops. Very tasty but not as represented. My husband's pork was extremely tough. Petit desserts were yummy. With two "glasses" of "inexpensive" wine from the list (3 oz each, perhaps?) and one beer our $40 lunch was $90 and I was still hungry. Hostess was extremely gracious as I needed to call twice due to unavoidable delays and she considerately responded that our table would be held.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014Clearly one of best restaurants in Philadelphia. Excellent food, exceptional service, with a personal touch that makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and AmbienceJeanChristopheBuilletDined on 9/13/2014Staff is very friendly, accommodating, and knowledgable across the board. Food is very good but not perfect (a bit of sand in my seafood course). Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinner and breakfastCynthiaVIPDined on 9/12/2014For our anniversary, we stayed at the Rittenhouse Hotel and had dinner at Lacroix. Wonderful. The service was outstanding. Our waiter, Jordan, went above and beyond the call of duty to insure our dinner was perfect. We both had the salmon marinated in miso, and it was outstanding. The wine list was outstanding, and we went with a wonderful Bordeaux, that was as smooth as butter. The sommelier, Justin, was very attentive, and answered all of our questions, coming back to our table several times. The following morning, we had breakfast, and I had the eggs benedict with smoked salmon. Again, outstanding. Our waiter for breakfast, Eric, was as attentive and professional as the wait staff the night before. Thank you to everyone.Special Features:
- Elegance on the SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lacroix is one of the few real formal restaurants left. Waiters in suits with shiny name tags and catering to your every whim with a "Ma'am" and "Sir." The food is outstanding and lives up to the hype. Beautiful plates, seasoned perfectly and served in perfect sync.Special Features:
- Lunch during Restaurant WeekRkimmitchellDined on 9/10/2014Impeccable service. Truly a memorable lunch. Would recommend to anyone looking for a special occasion splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceEAntoineDined on 9/10/2014Met a few friends for lunch during restaurant week... great atmosphere, awesome service, delicious food. Very classy and sophisticated!! I hope to return soon for afternoon tea!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014I mentioned to the waiter that my friend and I were there to celebrate passing a licensing exam. In addition to congratulating us, he also brought us a special complimentary desert on a plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate and a candle! It was a small gesture but extremely thoughtful and very much appreciated.