52 West Main st
Freehold, NJ 07728Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacquaristorante.com/
- Phone: 7325771761
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Francesco Ippoliti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Fine catering, cocktail party, etc.
A word from L'Acqua Ristorante
Indulge Yourself In a Spectacular Dining Experience! Real Italian cuisine craft from real italian chefs. A Victorian Ambiance and Decor Out of the ordinary Make this restaurant different from the others,warm and Welcoming.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Acqua Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Must visit!NancyDined on 3/24/2013Food excellent , service attentive and professional, great atmosphere.Lovely experience, we will be back!Special Features:
- InconsistentIrawDined on 3/23/2013This restaurant is always inconsistent. We have not been here in a while. It was 730pm on a Saturday night. We ordered our salads and entrees. My wife ordered Oso Buco and I ordered fish. After a few minutes the waiter returned and said they were out of Oso Buco. It wasn't even on the specials menu. Soon our salads arrived swimming in dressing. (inedible) We sent it back and the brought us salad with dressing on the side. The owner is very nice and the restaurant itself is comfortable and convenient. The food is just inconsistent and not terrific.
- Be careful what you order...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/16/2013Be careful not to order anything that is not on the menu as the restaurant may decide to inflate the price of those items tremendously.
- Very large groups that evening.Rednose63Dined on 3/9/2013Very large groups that evening. Ordered the salmon and it was hard as a rock and vegetables were cold. Appetizers were all good though. I think they had one too many big parties that eveningSpecial Features:
- Attentive service and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/5/2013Second Time here. Very friendly owner and staff. Food is very good and portions are good. The only observation is that if you order anything that contains lemon, ie franchese dishes , ask for a lighter dose. They love their lemon and some may not care for the extra tangy taste. Steaks well prepared . Fresh veggies served with dishes. Deserts are very good. Coffee is always fresh and they ask if you want a refill, which does not happen in most restaurants. Overall, you will enjoy the care that they display in their service and food. We will continue to go back.Special Features:
- We all really enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2013We all really enjoyed our meal -the staff was so accomodating and pleasant... Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Great foodRobin15VIPDined on 2/23/2013The food was great,although it is a bring your own,we had a great meal!Special Features:
- We will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013Great food, very generous portions, attentive, but not overbearing, service. We ordered appetizers from daily specials and were pleasantly surprised. Italian boullabaise was great, lobster ravioli were phenomenal, and the pasta and meatballs for my 6 year old were met with great enthusiasm. I wanted a tiramisu for dessert - that was a dissappointment. If it was homemade as the waiter claimed, they need a new pastry chef, or start buying from external vendors. Overall, a great family saturday night dinner. We will be back.Special Features:
- Our Favorite in Freehold...travellotta1VIPDined on 2/23/2013One of our favorite restaurants in the area. The owners are always there and greeting the guests. You start to feel like family! They really make an effort to please everyone.One of the owners is the Chef! Always something new on the menu. Everything is fresh and tastes so good.Special Features:
- Go for it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Went there with my date last week and we discover our new favorite restaurant in Freehold, we order the fettuccine actually made in front of us at the table, delicious then the all meal was just as good, homemade dessert presented with a lot of class made our nigth! We definitely recommend to everybody !Special Features:
- L'Acqua is like visiting Family!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013Once again, we enjoyed very much everything at L'Acqua Ristorante. They have authentic Italian food like we had growing up as well as typical like parmigiana, & marsala. The desserts looked so delicious, so even though I swore I was not having any, I could not resist. The owners/chief are always coming over to say hello & to see if you are completely satisfied. This is a must to try and go back again and again.Special Features:
- A very warm welcome was providedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/26/2013A very warm welcome was provided by the staff. The food did not meet our expectations. The entrees were extremely overpriced, especially the scallop dish and the steak. We will not return to this neighborhood restaurant again.
- Fantastic !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Great experience , the food quality and presentation , table side service make you feel very special! The chateaubriand was just out of this world! We will be back.Special Features:
- Like Having Your Own Private ChefMagmanDined on 1/12/2013You feel like you're eating at home with your own personal chef. The chef made my wife a dish that wasn't on the menu. Large portions, great quality. Dessert was the only drawback as my wife ordered pear sorbet and it was frozen solid. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We have been coming here sinceIrawDined on 8/31/2012We have been coming here since it opened and the place is very nice. The problem is the inconsistent food and service. There were 5 of us and nothing food wise was that great. The owner chef seems very nice and friendly and this time our service was decent, but the food just does not compare to restaurants in the area. The next night we went to Valentinos and compared it to L'Acqua. Valentino=10 L'Acqua=5. Wish Valentinos was on open table. We may or may not go back to L'Acqua, but hope they do something to make the food more appealing. It could be great! It's not close at this time..Special Features:
- I loved the relaxed feel ofSRTKDined on 7/21/2012I loved the relaxed feel of the place, very comfortable atmosphere. The owner kept walking around and introducing himself and was willing to adapt any dish to your liking! Food was excellent and fresh!! Not my first time and will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. LovedDebminkDined on 7/21/2012Food was outstanding. Loved the beet and aple salad. Waitress was especially helpful.Special Features:
- The appetizers were very good.jeffVIPDined on 7/7/2012The appetizers were very good. Unfortunatly there was a severe thunderstorm, after that, and the entire town blacked out. Will have to go back.
- Friendly staff. Bustling restaurantfoodieDined on 7/7/2012Friendly staff. Bustling restaurant. Crab cake appetizer was delicious.
- "You shouldn't miss this place."MattDined on 6/30/2012We have a wonderful explosion of flavors by a chef/owner who is passionate about his love for food. Make sure to try the tiramisu.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. A bitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012Food was excellent. A bit cramped for room, service people went missing a lot. Did not like paying for each soda and ice tea.Special Features:
- The server was very attentive.jeffVIPDined on 6/16/2012The server was very attentive. The upstairs dining room is quiet. The food was very good. The server was well versed in the foods preperation and the ingredients. Would go back again.
- 5 Stars for L'Acqua Ristorante.travellotta1VIPDined on 6/15/2012We were there this past Friday evening. We were greeted by Nelson (the Host) Nelson was very professional and most accomodating. The waitress was very sweet and made some excellent reccomendations. One of the owners and Chef's (Francesco) came out into the dining room to greet and mingle among the guests. He couldn't have been nicer. The dinner was very good and the portions were plenty. We are going back again this week and bringing our friends.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012The food was very good but the prices were very pricey, they boost about having large portions not true.If you want to spend alot of money then it's the place to go.Special Features:
- Food was good but we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2012Food was good but we were 4 people, 3 main dishes came out together and the 4th was 10 min. behind the others.Special Features:
- Loved the crab soup and lobstergreatfoodnikDined on 5/5/2012Loved the crab soup and lobster ravioli and shrimp...outstanding! Great service. Lovely staff...make you feel included in the family... appreciative of your business. A lovely dining experience. We will definately return and bring others.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantRayRVIPDined on 4/27/2012We have been to this restaurant twice before during the week and had always sat downstairs. This was our first time upstairs and it was on a Friday so most tables were filled. The tables are quite close together and if there is a large party nearby, as there was with us, it can get a bit noisy. But other than that the experience was another good one here.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Excellent service, food, ambiance, prices were reasonable and we are looking forward to going back again and again!Special Features:
- A New Hidden Treasure in FreeholdSolarEclipse72Dined on 4/7/2012We had a reservation for 6 pm and they sat us upstairs which was nice being we have never been up there before. It was nice and quiet and we were enjoying the jazz music being piped in thru the speakers. We started off with Fried Calamari and an order of Baked Clams. We both ordered off the specials menu that evening. My husband ordered the Veal Rollatini and I had the Duck A La Orange. Both were large portions and delicious. Needless to say, I had some duck going home with me. We ordered a cannoli and split it. Delicous. This was our second time at L'Acqua and we'll be back.Special Features:
- This was one of many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2012This was one of many times that we have been to this restaurant. The food has always been delicious. We have tried a wide array of different food. Never disappointing. Chefs are hands on & always come out when they can, to say hi & make sure we are happy. Staff is friendly, makes you feel comfortable & accurate with your order. It is like going to a favorite relatives house. No complaints.Special Features:
- The appetizers were overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012The appetizers were overpriced and the portions were minuscule. The main dishes were delicious!
- We tried this restaurant andAudreyVIPDined on 3/23/2012We tried this restaurant and were happy we did. We will definitely go back again. Pretty decor, great service, BYOB. I enjoyed a whole fish. Waiter was attentive but not obtrusive. Bus boy needed more experience though because he took my plate away while still eating. Waiters should wait until everyone is finished at the table to clean up. But on the whole we were very satisfied and will come back.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2012Everything was delicious as usual. Wait staff was attentive. Chefs are hands on & come out & say hi. It feels like you are dining in a friend's home rather than a restaurant. Always comfortable. Molto Bene!Special Features:
- Went there with my friend...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2012Went there with my friend... I love it! Great ambiance, attentive service, awesome Food.Special Features:
- Background music was playingAndreaDined on 2/23/2012Background music was playing very loudly. There were only 4 couples in the restaurant. The customers could barely hear themselves talking. The place is beautifully decorated but the food was mediocre and the service was just fair.
- Our talapia was well preparedRonnVIPDined on 2/9/2012Our talapia was well prepared and plated. Service was great. We will return.Special Features:
- What a find!MattDined on 2/3/2012We are so happy to have found another wonderful place to eat. This is our second visit in a month and we're about to make another reservation. Bring your favorite wine and your best friend and make a reservation and a confirmation call to the restaurant and have a great time-because you will. Make sure to try the chef's grandmother's tiramisu. It's worth eating first.Special Features:
- Went there with higher expectationsJLopesDined on 1/18/2012Went there with higher expectations. The Food was good at best, The desserts were not good, the cheesecake was bland and covered in chocolate sauce & the tiramisu tasted like it was just pulled out of the freezer. Our server was very nice and attentive. However the "bus" girl seemed to have an attitude. The food came out all to fast there was no break between courses. The ambiance was alright it was brown and teal, something I would imagin seeing in a restaurant that had a more moderen menu and feel. I would have liked it to feel a little warm as you would at a tradtional italian family's table. I can't say we won't return, however we will not be back soon. We will let some time go to see if the fix a lot of the ameture errors. Good Luck.
- The food was unbelievable,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012The food was unbelievable, but the seating was a little cramped on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- After reading all the reviewsFuntimesVIPDined on 1/6/2012After reading all the reviews we were excited to try this place. Upon entering, host was extremely warm and inviting. We sat upstairs at a very nice table. Soon the place was jammed and space was an issue. We ordered a pizza for an app. some salads and soup. It all came out at once extremely quickly. While we began to eat our apps, our main dinners came out. The server plopped it down on the small table regardless of the fact we just began our apps. We had 4 courses in less than an hour! Food was good, caesar salad was best in a long time, Pasta with lobster sauce was bland, potato salmon was ok...nothing to write home about..sadly. Wanted to love this place as freehold NEEDS a great place. Disappointed.