3581 Route 35 North
Normandy Beach, NJ 08739Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labradorlounge.com/
- Phone: 7328305770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Labrador Lounge
Labrador Lounge, now in Normandy Beach, was born in Belmar when being busy meant the wait staff only got one surf break and walking your dog on the beach did not result in a monetary fine. Today, the Normandy Beach restaurant serves up Marilyn Schlossbach's popular vacation-inspired cuisine. Whether you order a Lobster Dynamite sushi roll, baby back ribs, or Marion's crab cakes, each dish is served with effortless style that is complemented by warm ocean breezes and the summer salt air.Continued
Opened all year long, bring your own, bring it often and indulge in the Labrador Lounge experience.
Opened all year long, bring your own, bring it often and indulge in the Labrador Lounge experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Labrador Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (26)kid-friendly (13)good for groups (13)hot spot (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Labrador....nice findFrankDined on 10/11/2014My first time here. Interesting menu, but not too eclectic that I couldn't find a few items I had trouble choosing from. A lot of variety on the menu also (not a lot of items, but a lot of variety). My short ribs were perfect, tender and flavorful. My wife had the Thai Pumpkin sour (she loved it, it was subtle but flavorful) and the pumpkin ravioli which she enjoyed. We split the lobster spring roll appy and it was filled with lobster and fresh veggies...nice. Great service. I will try it again soon.Special Features:
- Fall MenuLillyloveDined on 10/3/2014They have a new menu for the fall and my husband I I diverted from our usual to a new item. I had short ribs, so large and very yummy. My husband had the hanger steak with blue cheese and mashed sweet potatoes. Steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Love the food here always. We were disappointed tonight since we were in and out in under an hour. The reservation was for 8:15 and we felt really rushed since it was a late reservation. The dinner was not one that should be rushed. The waitress seemed very disinterested and we felt like she was watching the clock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food is very innovative and always very tasty!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014The Labrador Lounge is just a couple of blocks away from my father's shore house. We have eaten there on several occasions and we all found the food to be excellent during this current outing. Two of us had the Caribbean Vacation with the fish of the day, and one of us had blackened tuna. My father requires a walker to get around, and the staff were very helpful in accomodating him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fallFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were hoping to get the last bit of sushi before the year ended. Should have called to ask before reserving because they were already out for the season. Playa Mariscos is my whole family's all-time favorite entree, but it seems to be inconsistent with the amount of lobster and shrimp and type of pasta in it.
- Great service and interesting foodOrtleyGuyDined on 9/10/2014The menu is eclectic, but the fish dishes were good. Nice that they will mix and match the available fish with the choice of preparations on the menu. Some of the flavor mixes are unique, so don't expect run of the mill dishes that you can get anywhere. Not for every weekend, but will definitely go back before they close for winter season. Our waitress was outstanding and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014The menu is somewhat eclectic, but everything we had was tasty and fresh.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningDineAdvisorDined on 9/4/2014What a great night weather was perfect. All the non locals have gone home. A nice enjoyable evening with my wife and our puppy. Food was ready enjoyable. Service was fantastic. We sat outside. Had a salad, crab cake for appy. Dinner was enchaldias with shrimp and curry chicken. All was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibefultonVIPDined on 9/3/2014The Labrador Lounge has a great eclectic menu and a peaceful warm vibe. We devoured the Mediterrean Platter with homemade hummus and tabouli and fresh local veggies. The karma burrito was out of this world.....we also like that it is byob. Service is great!!!Special Features:
- amazing playa mariscosFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014lobster, shrimp, ravioli, wow!!! amazing dish. excellent OBX sushi roll! will def recommend - a fav restaurant of the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Labrador Lounge!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I drove two hours each way JUST to have dinner at Labrador Lounge this weekend! The food is fantastic and the service is impeccable! We love the atmosphere and we love the location! We recommend it to all of our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on the porchluv2relaxDined on 8/22/2014dinner on a fri nite, on the porch,tooooo noisy,toooo crowded..wouldn t go again on peak nites/season, almost left..couldnt wait to leave.love your food though, i love the decor..Special Features:
- Local Love!GoodeaterVIPDined on 8/14/2014I go here year round with everyone I know. We love everything about it. It's BYOB which is awesome and budget friendly and the food is well worth it. Highly recommend the spring/summer menu. The winter menu is limited but the reasons for it make sense. They are extremely friendly and always accommodating. This is the best of all their restaurants!Special Features:
- Nice family dinnerATSCCVIPDined on 8/14/2014We requested an outside table and the hostess made sure we received it. The food was good, very good for kids, nice place for outdoor dining. Tough to find good restaurants at the shore ( level of food ) this place is a repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousNicoleDined on 8/12/2014I am never disappointed at the Labrador Lounge. The food is always excellent! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old StandardValkDined on 8/5/2014I love the Lab because I can walk there and the food is pretty good. Some of their menu is getting a bit old, time for a few changes. But they have a captive audience along the shore, so prices may seem a bit high, and the repetitiveness of the menu can go unnoticed. The atmosphere is not quite as quirky as pre-Sandy, unfortunately. Friendly staff, immediate seating with a reservation.Special Features:
- Willis93VIPDined on 8/4/2014We had a delicious dinner, however our waitress was very unfriendly and inattentive. It truly makes a difference with ones dining experience when your interactions with the staff are not happy or pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFunFindsVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a great family dinner. Made our reservations via open table with a special note that we would love to come even earlier if available. We had a phone call within 5 minutes providing us with an earlier time. We ate inside as the outside was full. Our server was friendly and helpful The calamari was amazing. Three of us ordered the homemade ravioli with shrimp and lobster...delicious. My daughter enjoyed a huge burrito. We were all too full for dessert. We will definitely be back. Just a super all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in the WinteryakgalVIPDined on 7/29/2014I was reminded why I don't like to come here in the summer. Unfortunately, they really try to pack in diners in season. With a reservation, my husband and I were seated at an indoor table that was so small our knees were banging together. And, my seat was right on the runway from the kitchen to the outdoor tables. When you are paying $30 for an entrée, I expect a table bigger than a postage stamp. We asked to move outside and were seated at "the last unreserved table". Much bigger and more comfortable, but around the corner from diners with a dog that yapped through the entire meal. While the food is still exceptionally good, I won't be back until winter sanity returns.Special Features:
- OK :/mooVEdatfoodDined on 7/23/2014I ordered a crab cake entree and the caesar salad. First, they gave these breadsticks. They were nasty. The caesar salad was excellent (minus the sundried tomatoes). The crab cake was ok. It had a spice in it that I didn't love. It came with vegetables and french fries. The vegetables were unedible because they were loaded in garlic. The fries were amazing! Very pricey restaurant though... My crab cake entree was $28. Thats too much for 2 small crab cakes, a handful of fries, and nasty veggies. It's a bit dirty inside too. But overall, it was OK. If you are looking for great food, don't come here. If you are looking to sit out and have ok food, Labrador Lounge in Normandy Beach is for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beatles and DinnerEnjoyedDined on 7/21/2014The outside dining with the background of live Beatles music by a solo quitarist made the Monday evening dinning very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great Food at the Jersey ShoreShadesjrDined on 7/12/2014I really enjoyed my dinner at the Labrador Lounge, as did my 3 companions who were dining with me. We each ordered different entrees and they were all delicious! I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner and I loved the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Steak drenched in sauceNYCdinerDined on 7/10/2014Sauce should be an accent - too much sauce (my wife's tuna drenched in sauce too). A thirty dollar steak should not be drenched in sauce. We were a table of two, our waitress gave all her attention to the large party next to us - please refill waters vs diners needing to flag someone down. Wanted to put in appetizer order first, then main coarse - waitress said policy was to put all in at once (really lame policy).
- Great VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Loved the choices and food here. The appetizers and entrees were delicious, great dining experience. It is BYO, not a problem. We sat outside which was great, inside a was noisy. Ended the dinner with a delicious cappuccino, carrot cake was good nothing spectacular. Only annoyance was because the reservation is made on Open Table you are automatically given an inside table. Due to the noise level I went back to the hostess/waitress and requested a change. She was not too willing however another waitress stepped in and found us a table (2 people only ) outside. Definitely will go back when in Normandy Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Labrador Lounge reviews archive.
- always goodLillyloveDined on 6/26/2014Labrador is a neighborhood gem, great seafood, delicious salads. Everything is so fresh and presented to appeal to the palate. I like to sit outside on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKTlikestoEatDined on 6/15/2014Food was good - I especially like the organic theme. The service sucked- slow and unfriendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!foodviewsDined on 6/7/2014Labrador Lounge did not disappoint this weekend. Last summer, we were not as happy with food quality compared to previous years, however, dinner on Saturday was excellent. Unique flavor combinations made the meal - lemon zest in the sushi special, sweet and sour sauce for the mahi, apricots in the farro. Service was perfect as usual. My only complaint is wishing they would bring the bread basket back. Bread sticks were great, but sometimes you just want a little piece of bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lab Lounge is a family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014We always love to start off the season with dinner at the Labrador Lounge! It is consistently a favorite for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!IllcookyoucleanDined on 5/29/2014Thanks Labrador for another great meal. I've been gone too long - will be back again soon!Special Features:
- The Lab is FabOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014The food was great. Met some new neighbors at the next table. They were kind enough to accomodate my time change, when we called, as I was caught in traffic. Even though it was Restaurant Week they were very gracious about the reservation change. You will definitely need reservations in Summer season. Thanks goodness they have outside dining as well in warmer weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Great service, great atmosphere, always amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gathering placeBarbVIPDined on 3/15/2014This place has been our family gathering place for may years. My daughter is vegetarian and this restaurat always has so many good choices. Food is very eclectic, always different and so good. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Not What I Expected.DizmeupVIPDined on 2/22/2014Read all reviews and since we live close we decided to give this place a try. First off, we went this past Saturday it was cold out. When you walk into this restaurant it is small and the draft of the cold comes into the restaurant. I would recommend nailing down the curtain they have in front of the door on one side so the draft isn't as bad. In addition, food was cold, coffee just warm and food was cold which put a damper on the whole evening. Appetizers were good, but dinner was not that favorable. My skirts steak was cold, my husband's Lobster Risoto was too fishy smelling and cold. Sorry, I thought this would be a nice find especially so close, but I will not go back. Perhaps during the summer it is better.
- Love the Lab LoungeMamapasDined on 1/4/2014I am always delighted with my meal at the Labrador Lounge! The lobster risotto is spectacular and their soups are unique and delicious! The Mexican fare (adopted from the Pop's Garage menu) is not your standard taco/burrito, although those are offered. The torte (sandwich) is one of my favorites for lunch. Outdoor dining is available, weather permitting, and dogs are welcome! For what more could you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!BeccaDined on 12/31/2013The Labrador Lounge always has something new and interesting on the menu with a unique combination of flavors toy won't find other places. Their salads are amazing and always delicious combinations of local ingredients. The wine list is also excellent but they don't mind if you bring your own. The desserts are excellent and it is a fun, relaxed, beachy atmosphere. Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a rainy night and themicknanDined on 12/14/2013It was a rainy night and the LAB was quiet. However, our server was great, the food was excellent and we really enjoyed it. What more can you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labrador LoungeJudyNDined on 12/6/2013The food was great and unique, as always, and we would highly recommend the Labrador Lounge to anyone who loves food. It is tucked away in a seaside community on the barrier island, and parking can be challenging, but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the typical food menuTonyDined on 10/12/2013Not the typical food menu but the food is very good. BYOB is an added plus. Ability to make reservations for two is very accommodating. A place you want to return too.Special Features:
- Love this place!Mssf1122Dined on 10/5/2013We go down the shore every summer. And love to eat here. The food is amazing! It's a must do for a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.