50 State St.
Pittsford, NY 14534Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://labelseven.com/
- Phone: 5852677500x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 4:45PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:45PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 4:45PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 11AM - 3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Carlson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Label 7 is also proud to offer its signature dishes through our catering service. For groups small or big, our staff is happy to work with you to find the perfect culinary selections. Label 7 uses a wood fired pizza to cook at all off site events.
- Private Party Facilities: Label 7 is the perfect location for any special event. Whether an intimate business function or large group gathering, Label 7's signature style is sure to leave you and your guests with an event to remember. We will work with you to make every event a enjoyable experience - from venue arrangement to a culinary layout tailored to your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ross Mueller 5852246223x
A word from Label 7
Inspired by the cuisine of California"s Napa and Sonoma Valleys and their annual Mustard Festival, Label 7 has been serving excellence on the canal-side since 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Label 7 - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Label 7 reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (18)special occasion (17)scenic view (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful meal, and the service was excellent. Love how it is decorated, and I really like that you use local foods. Will definitely be back! The caccuico (sure I misspelled that) was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placenycvisitorVIPDined on 10/4/2014Eclectic menu, innovative. Check ou the menu before booking to make sure there are items you will enjoy. We go here several times a year.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningFoodie85Dined on 10/2/2014Dining with friends at Label 7 was enjoyable. The food was very good. We took a bit to make up our minds as to what to order and then had to wait a bit longer than expected for our meals. The dining room can get a bit noisy, especially if there is a large party present. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- LuckyLTDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time at Label 7 and we absolutely enjoyed our evening. The chicken wings were the best app we ordered. We will return with a group of friends and just order apps at the bar, and my husband and I are looking forward to our next dinner there alone as well. The dining room was tastefully decorated, we loved the atmosphere. Our group ordered the cod special, a burger and the enchilada. All were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Olivia was our server and she was outstanding. As usual, the food was amazing and the drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UGHbookwormDined on 9/19/2014A friend and I visited Label 7 for dinner on 9/19 - it was noisy in the bar, but we were seated in the dining room. We ordered drinks - we each thought that our drink was not made properly but we'd already waited a long time for them to arrive so we didn't complain. The band playing in the bar was extremely loud and the acoustics in the entire place not good - the sound reverberated off the walls - at first we could talk and we just laughed about it. Our dinners arrived (enchiladas - how could they have been fairly bland? - but they were), and by then the crowd was spilling into the dining room. We could not talk, only yell. Our server couldn't hear us, even yelling. We packed up our dinners and got out of there!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceFoodieDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time my husband and I have had dinner here. When we arrived for our second time we were seated along a hard bench of which was uncomfortable to sit on. When asked if we could move to a more comfortable seat they graciously accommodated us. Both times we've been there the food has been very good with generous portion sizes and staff has been friendly. It would be nice if they offered more vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, delicious menudiningdivaDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I dined here on a Saturday night, and were very pleased with the variety of creative dishes. I loved my label 7 Cosmo, made with grapefruit-so refreshing! We both had the Greek side salad, which was crisp and served with delicious dressing. For dinner, he had seared cod served on polenta and I had catch of the day served with clams, chorizo and vegetables in a spicy broth. The only downside is the noise level, which made it challenging to carry on a conversation. I'd suggest some sort of acoustic ceiling treatment to help with that. Otherwise, it was a perfect night!Special Features:
- Consistently goodROCdinerDined on 8/30/2014Have returned to Label 7 many times this summer. Beautiful view along the canal. Menu is very eclectic; food always very good. They have been working on expanding their bar all summer and it is still far from being done. When the hostess took us outside to our table we all felt the stairs from the old bar to where the new one will be were very precarious...No railing either. Be carefujl!!! One more thing...fantastic cosmos-great price...Special Features:
- Too many spicesMonica31Dined on 8/21/2014Had the port wine chips and dip for app, tasted like French onion dip though, wish the home made chips were warm. Had the LA chicken and Waffles which the chicken was oddly spiced with like turmeric and cumin or something, really didn't go together with the sweet waffle. My friend got the special of bolonese with pasta, she said the spices were weird too. So prob won't be back, would go next door to Olive's any day of the week.Special Features:
- No half n half for coffee? What?SueMcKDined on 8/20/2014First this resturant should move its decor around to make more centralize tables instead of cramming them alone the walls or near kitchen & bathroom entrances they have a very large flower arrangement centrally placed that could go in front of kitchen bead screen to create even more separation. Open table menu is not the same presented The waitress or kitchen wasn't very accommodating my husband wanted a simple dinner salad like the mixed greens on the pizza salad they weren't able to give him that without the pizza portion We never even mentioned cost she just said it couldn't be done? He was basically forced to order the angry Caesar which is NOT a Caesar except for the romaine no anchoive flavor Parmesan or dressing just spicy nuts 👎
- Typical of todays diningTryelsewhereDined on 8/8/2014I found the noise level highly annoying as in most restaurants these days and the restroom too small as it was always in use and not available each time I attempted to use it. Conversation was difficult due to the poor acoustics. Not enough choices for question 2.Special Features:
- Great waterside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Sitting on the patio, the atmosphere was great. I had the bread pudding for dessert and just that gives me a reason to return.Special Features:
- Fabulous patio!elizatrickDined on 8/6/2014Label 7 is a perfect spot to meet friends and have a casual meal. The menu is interesting and unique and the bar is the only one of its kind on the canal in Pittsford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conversation7hearingDined on 8/2/2014Too loud. They had the music in competition with customers conversations. Apologized about the noise to more than one table. Had to beg for a second drink. The chips appetizer. Don't do it. The good news is they can improve this
- What a gem!101ranchDined on 7/31/2014The food is fresh and lovely. Locally sourced! My cocktail was divine. I cursed that I was driving as I would have loved several more! The staff is pleasant and accomidating. The ambiance is peaceful.Special Features:
- Have been there a few timesDballDined on 7/25/2014Food was good. Draft beer list could have been better. Service could have been better. Would have liked to sit outside but that was not availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Too NoisymeggiebDined on 7/23/2014Went to Label 7 to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. The food was really good, but the noise level in the restaurant really impeded our conversation.Special Features:
- Great place for outdoor diningRochesterdinersDined on 7/18/2014Had a beer at Lock 32 then walked along canal to label 7 for a wonderful dinner and drinks. Waiter (Timmy) was perfectly attentive without being intrusive. Asian ribs were perfect. Ribeye delicious. Wing appetizer also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKPOKDined on 7/15/2014This was my first time dining at Label 7. Everything was excellent from the appetizer to the food to the wine. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent VenueROCdinerDined on 7/11/2014I have dined @ Label 7 multiple times this summer; lunch, dinner, apps and happy hour. It is a great place. The food is unique in many ways. Always try to have something different and have not been disappointed yet. My friends and I spent two hours sitting at an outside table Friday and it was a beautiful night. The only complaint was the slow service. This seems to be the norm for this restaurant. They are redoing the bar area so the wait staff does have to "take the long way around". I hope the service gets better when the new bar opens in early August. We are looking forward to seeing it!!Special Features:
- Food decent, staff apatheticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2014Restaurant has good food and good location....completely empty at 1230 on a weekday afternoon...maybe they should take a look at their service?
- DollyDined on 7/2/2014The service at Label 7 was outstanding. Our server was friendly, funny and helpful. We were a party of four; all had a different meal and all were very pleased with their entree. I had the BLT which is a seasonal specialty. I recommend getting to Label 7 while it is still on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & FreshRareNightOutDined on 7/2/2014Very much enjoyed this outdoor seating across the street from the canal. The food was quite creative .... Blueberry Ketchup! Beer flight was also good. The meal was also surprisingly affordable.Special Features:
- Our new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We have been looking for a nice place for date night that wasn't too fancy, but had just the right feel. Label 7 is that place! We loved the food, the service was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lively spot on they canalChristyDined on 6/25/2014We dined on a Wednesday evening at this lovely restaurant. Overall very good experience. Noise, however, was excessive. We were a party of 8, and could barely hear each other. Service was excellent, as was the food. The staff were very attentive and accommodating. We live nearby, and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014Our party of 5 literally had to lean across the table throughout our meal in order to be able to hear what each other was saying. It was loud, and I wonder if the acoustics are simply poor in any event. It really rather spoiled our evening.Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Label 7 reviews archive.
- Slow serviceDeelightfulDined on 6/16/2014Food good. The server was friendly but my companions each ordered a salad which came with no bread. When one person asked if there was bread or rolls with the salad, it took a long time for him to bring out one slice of grilled French bread for her. Then the other person asked if she too could have bread and it took so long to get it that we had finished eating out meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be so much better..jhnGalt34Dined on 6/10/2014with a more experienced wait and bus staff (they all looked fresh from high school), this place could really kill it. No corkage fee Tuesdays are awesome.Special Features:
- Just OK.HKSKVIPDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed sitting outside, though with a road between the patio and the canal, you are essentially sitting curbside. The gazpacho looked and tasted like tomato juice covering some diced vegetables one could fish up from the bottom. The angry caesar wasn't angry enough to justify the departure from the classic, and the chicken, while labeled as local and without antibiotics, which is important and why I ordered it, was overcooked. The cocktails menu looked promising, but I didn't try one. The restaurant somehow recorded me as a no-show, so I had to prove to OpenTable that I honored the reservation, which was annoying. All in all, I would probably give it another try in case it was having a bad night, but I wasn't terribly impressed.
- Not bad, not greatCondutenorVIPDined on 6/7/2014We hadn't been to Label 7 for a few years. Our server was pleasant and the food was fine. WARNING: The menu that is on open table is NOT accurate. We looked in advance and were excited to try some dishes that were not on the actual menu. The tasting plate was OK. The cured meats were extremely fatty/chewy and none of enjoyed those. The two selections of cheese were good, but there wasn't very much of it. Entrées were mostly a success. The others I was dining with enjoyed what they ordered. I ordered the Margherita pizza w/ grilled chicken. The under side of the crust was charred/black around the edges which made it impossible to enjoy. I was charged for 4 glasses of wine when we only ordered 3. I did catch this and had her to change it.Special Features:
- Casualdiner7Dined on 6/7/2014Lunch was very good and the service was fine. Only problem was the wait time for our food. It seemed to take forever and they weren't that busy. There were six at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotSilentOneDined on 6/6/2014Service was quite good with a knowledgeable server. Food was solid. Menu was very unique. I liked the interior decor and really enjoyed the music that they play through the sound system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerFredDined on 6/3/2014Great service and ambience. Unfortunately, kitchen closes partially at 9pm, therefore, only the grill was 'alive", therefore, had the chance to try one of the best burgers in the area. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great overall experience!micahmusicDined on 5/24/2014Came here for the first time with my girlfriend. It ended up being a beautiful late afternoon/evening and the outdoor seating has a great view of the canal. Great food and presentation. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Solid drink selection and their cocktails were delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always excellentmpg41Dined on 5/17/2014No major complaints regarding the food or service at this restaurant after many visits. Only minor complaint is time to change up the menu again. Food is of excellent quality and have never had any problems with our servers, with one exception. The desert we had ordered had been changed from what was on the menu and the server didn't inform us of the change. This restaurant is on our regular rotation especially in the summer to sit outside and people watch along the canal in Pittsford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!wineanddinemeDined on 5/7/2014Although the menu isn't extensive, the service is wonderful and the food was delicious. I'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014Eh, not a huge fan . Nothing special..............Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent Service was phenomenal All around great place to have dinner and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent pork chop!John72Dined on 4/18/2014I really enjoyed my angry Caesar salad!... nice variation on a classic! I only wish they would have had a starter bread sampling. Most nicer restaurants have gourmet breads to sample, so I was disappointed. I ordered the pork chop...very juicy with great flavor! Asparagus was waaaay over cooked, so I left it. Red potatoes were yummy. So so wine choices...but I did like the mark west Pinot noir we chose. Decorated very elegantly with a touch of rustic flair. Loved the contrasting dark walls and lighting...candles, chandeliers. I liked that they had valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.