411 Fayetteville st #112
Raleigh, NC 27601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lavoltarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9198388700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Doria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Volta
La Volta brings traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine to downtown Raleigh in a upscale setting at affordable prices. We offer an extensive wine list and all abc permits. Outside patio seating as well as private seating is avaliable. Catering available for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Volta - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
La Volta reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (10)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food.TheatreLoverDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner before show at NCT. Seated immediately. Service was quick. Food perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodLuvItalianDined on 10/15/2014The food is excellent and the service is even better. Certainly can recommend La Volta and will eat here again soon!Special Features:
- Night OutCelebrate15Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our meal and the waiting staff we so kind. The music was a nice touch and we enjoyed our time. Dinner was tasty and they were very conscientious about my family member that has to eat GF (they have options which is great).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleased about foodBirthdayDined on 9/20/2014I picked the restaurant for my birthday and I am so happy that the restaurant delivered what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineZeeleeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was great, service was great also! We really enjoyed our food!Special Features:
- NedgVIPDined on 9/6/2014As always great food and service. Great place to get together with groups of 4-12. Location great also.Special Features:
- Great Zitslian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent, waitor was very pleasant ! The atmosphere was nice and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Went to La Volta during Restaurant Week. 3 courses, set price, usually two choices of appetizers, entrees and dessert. Not at la Volta, 4-5 choices from each course at regular serving sizes not cut down. Stuffed eggplant & minestrone soup were good starters. My wife had the Chicken Juliana and I had the stuffed pork. Both were very good. The red velvet cherry cake & chocolate mousse cake topped off the evening in fine style. Wine list was tilted toward Italy, nice prices but not an outstanding list. Would definitely come back for full menu dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Break into this vaultkikieatsgoodDined on 8/21/2014Excellent Italian food. Unexpected goodness for a place that used to be a bank. Vault seating looks fun. Our server had excellent suggestions and was very knowledgeable about the menu and pairings. Tried it as part of restaurant week but will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked itMikeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed our meal dining outside, great atmosphere and food was prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePaullaDDined on 8/15/2014Greeted by cheerful vallet parking team. Hung out at the bar for a while & drinks were great. Sat outside & noise level was good not too crowded. Our waitress was great! Very knowledgeable about the menu & about Italy. Food was amazing! Overall, a great experience. We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The food was incredible and the First Friday cabaret was great fun. Service was good though a bit slow at times.Special Features:
- TastyMarkDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful garlic bread to start; soup of day (chick pea based) hit home, as did the succulent, hint of heat penne ariabata. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 333 reviews are from the La Volta reviews archive.
- Great Italian FoodtonipDined on 6/3/2014We were going to see the NC Symphony at the Meymandi Concert Hall so we parked the car at Meymandi and then took a 5 min. walk to La Volta. We sat outside - nice atmosphere. The waiter was great, and everyone loved their entree's. Also the bread was delicious (I'm very particular about my bread!!). The only negative was that I ordered Orecchiette Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and 1st they were out of the orecchiette (I chose Penne), but when the entree came, they used broccoli instead of broccoli rabe. I didn't say anything because it still was delicious but I think the waiter should have mentioned that. All in all, I'd definitely go back, the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMWesyDined on 5/17/2014We have been before and the food is always good but this time it was prom night and a lot of large parties arrived shortly after we arrived. Our waiter took our order and we never saw him again until I got up and had to ask for my check. The other waitresses were awesome and very tentative to their customers but ours unfortunately was not. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceWhiteEagleDined on 5/17/2014First time visiting La Volta. We had dinner before going to a show at the Performing Arts Center and we were not disappointed. Our server, Luis listed all the specials, taking time to tell us about each dish. The service was good and Luis was attentive and accommodating. The food was fantastic. I had the chicken scarpariello with a side of penne marinara and a Manhattan; my wife had a bowl of chicken and rice soup, the special, swordfish pesto and a whipsicle martini; and my son had the gamberi fra diavolo and a glass of L'Armangia moscato d'asti. For dessert we had tiramisu, a canolli, and lemomcello cake. Everything was great and we look forward to going back.
- JoshieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014My boyfriend and I went to La Volta on Friday night and we had the best time. The food was fresh and delicious and the ambiance was nice. However, what makes this place is Joshie :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our food.DonnaroseDined on 5/16/2014We also appreciated the person interest we were shown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La Volta!Paulisthe1Dined on 5/11/2014This place is one of my favorites in Raleigh. The food is great, the staff are all super nice folks, and prices are reasonable. Plus the location downtown is perfect for getting to other events after/before you eat. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedNeverAgain2Dined on 5/11/2014From a party of five, only one person liked the food. Shrimp and risotto was mushy, Marsala was not very good as the sauce tasted really awful. The veggies were not good either. Calamari was not good either and sauce was bland. Even the bread was not baked properly. They really need a new chef or new kitchen crew. For the price we paid, we could have gone across the street to Jimmy V's. We left with a whole in our pockets and hungry as they did not even give us credit for the bad food.
- Great Food!SRW59Dined on 5/10/2014Large party for graduation. Waiter was knowledgeable and nice, but service was slow. We didn't mind too much because we were enjoying time with family. Food was excellent. Homemade Limoncello cake is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Graduation!anonytipDined on 5/9/2014We booked La Volta for a large group after our graduation ceremony and it was perfect. We got a private dining room and our server was fantastic, we never had to wait around for anything and the noise level was quiet so we could all talk to each other. There was also a musician playing in the restaurant that added a really great ambiance. The food was also quite good, but a little expensive if you aren't going out for a special occasion. This place was really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed/Total disappointmentMimiVIPDined on 5/2/2014So my friend and I decided to give a second chance to La Volta. The service was a little better, but the food was a real disappointment. The first time, my plate came up just fine but my friend’s plate went back to the kitchen. It did not look in any way to what she was expecting from the dish description. This time, it's my turn. We ordered risotto, one with shrimp and one with shrimp, scallop and calamari. The plates had 2 different, not pleasing looks. It seems like the chef was in a rush to send the plates out. The risotto tasted like the boxed risotto. What I would cook from a store bought box. The risotto was swimming in a buttering sauce, not appealing at all if you care about your cholesterol. La volta is off our lists.
- AmazingMonicAsianLeeDined on 4/25/2014I went here with my prom group of 16. When we got there, they had a private room set up for us in the back, our orders were taken quickly, and our food was served in a timely manner. Our waiter was very amiable and friendly, as was every employee in the restaurant. Would 10/10 recommend! The food was delicious, and overall the entire service was smooth and easy. As the one who made the reservation for the group, I felt partially responsible for the wellbeing of the night in terms of our meal, but was very happy with the service, and was congratulated by the group for such a great find. There was another prom group there as well, but there was a ton of space in the restaurant.Special Features:
- CELEBRATIONLOVETTDined on 4/14/2014The experience was awesome. The lighting we thought was a little to romantic for lunch. It was hard to read menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Awful ServiceAshevilleFanDined on 4/12/2014Both the chicken marsala and shrimp scampi were quite good. The insalata caprese had underripe tomato slices and balsamic vinegar on the mozzarella (which made the cheese rubbery). The worst part of the night was the service. Multiple servers and staff dropped items while removing them from tables, multiple servers had NO idea how to open a bottle of wine (and this was after a bottle of red was brought to our table despite ordering white wine).Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceBuzzmanRVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our meal was very good and the service was awesome. Priced very fairly. Sangria special was especially good.Special Features:
- Make sure you have timeFoodNotServiceDined on 4/11/2014Delicious Food-ALWAYS! But dont expect to have any quick, personalized service. Make sure you go over your order, to make sure its correct. Out of the 8 times we have been to this restaurant, only one time did we have everything perfect-and that's because the owner and her family members were out waitstaff.....BUT-yes we keep going back because it is delicious, and we have no great expectations on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian StyleEGrantDined on 4/5/2014The food as great..that is the only way to start the review. Appetizer was great and the pasta was immaculate. The special lobster and crab ravioli with shrimp was amazing. The service was great and the we didn't wait (had a reservation, but also still fairly empty around 8PM). More guest came in as we were leaving (just before 10).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, generous portionsJMRLDined on 3/28/2014The service was excellent, the food was delicious, the portions were generous, and the wine was served in goblets--I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consider for pre-theater diningbookladyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Close to Duke Energy Performing Arts Center and meal service was expedient. I had lunch before a matinee ballet. Server was cordial and competent. The food was very good. It was not crowded on a Saturday afternoon and I would gladly return before a matinee or evening theater performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp risotto is excellentpgallVIPDined on 3/15/2014The shrimp risotto is excellent - very lemony. As usual the food and service were very good at La Volta.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Nice atmosphere, great Italian food, excellent service and splendid entertainment by Greg and Kevin on First Fridays.Special Features:
- GreatZeeleeVIPDined on 3/8/2014Service, food, and waitress was great as alway. Enjoy going back there all the time. Took some friends with us and they loved the place, food and service. Great place for dinner!Special Features:
- We'll be backEmmmDined on 3/1/2014We were looking somewhat last minute for a fun place to get dinner but knew most places would be packed so I went to Open Table. When La Volta popped up with an opening I thought, oh good, I like it there. Then I read some reviews about bad service, etc. and hesitated but booked it anyway and glad I did. We used the free valet parking and arrived early for our 8:00 p.m. reservation, but were seated by the window right away, even though the restaurant was very full. The atmosphere was lively, big and small groups, a nice blend. Each of us ordered four different entrees, each delicious. We started with the calamari, which was crispy and light with delicious marinara for dipping. All and in a great dinner with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and locationpgallVIPDined on 3/1/2014We enjoy La Volta when we are headed to a concert. This visit the food was late coming out but that is the first time we have experienced this. The staff was very courteous and they give a discount if you are headed to a show or concert.Special Features:
- Good food, Decent serviceAverageDinerDined on 2/22/2014The food was really good. My wife and I both enjoyed the food we ordered. The service was decent as well. Our waitress was very friendly and energetic. She was prompt with taking our order and checking on us every few minutes throughout our meal. This restaurant isn't "classy" or "refined," but I would still recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.luv2dineDined on 2/22/2014Four of us dined here; two of us enjoyed the food, all of us thought that the service was substandard. Our server was friendly, but incompetent. She refused to use a tray, so our drinks came out at various times, as did our dinners. She also messed up two of our orders...in spite of writing them down and then returning to check on things that we had already told her. Also, the cold green beans slathered with warm marinara sauce was gross and strange. The live music, which consisted of a singer playing an electric piano, was very nice...a redeeming feature of the dinner, in my mind. Finally, they somehow logged us as having missed our reservation, so I had to fix that w/ Open Table. Nice location; hope they fix their problems.
- Bad Night for RestaurantjtrehyVIPDined on 2/21/2014I've had a very nice dinner here before, with great food and great service. This time, however, the evening's crowd for nearby performances (a ballet and a play) were not scheduled, staggered and handled well, resulting in a backed-up kitchen, long delays, and unhappy diners (in addition to our table). I expect this was an off-night for this place, but I just can't see going back when there are so many other options in the area.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We decided to try La Volta on a Saturday night which happened to be the weekend after Valentines Day. They presented us with a Valentines Day fixed menu to order from and were a little suprised because it was no longer Valentines day. There were about 9 entrees to choose from but they ran out of 3 of them so we were only left to choose from 6 entrees. We thought about leaving but we were STARVING and didn't know how lucky we would get at another restaurant. We both managed to find something we could order off the menu but it took over an hour to be served. They offered extra bread which was great but it wasn't that busy! Our server was O.K. He was apologetic but what was supposed to be a romantic dinner for us turned into a nightmare.