La Vite Ristorante
3037 Hopyard Rd
Pleasanton, CA 94588Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Vite Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laviterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9254854500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday : 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to parties of more than 20 free of delivery charge. we bring your food in chafing dishes and set up a buffet for you with complimentary garden salad, bread and Parmesan. We provide you with serving utensils and table cloth for the buffet. Price is $11.95 per guest and you can find the menu by clicking on the Catering menu on our web site. www.laviterestaurant.com
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant banquet room with private wine bar, ideal for rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries or any other special occasion that you are celebrating.
- Private Party Contact: Farzad Bavand 9254854500
A word from La Vite Ristorante
La Vite established in 1997 in Pleasanton is an elegant and artistically designed Italian restaurant with a large selection of creative dishes from southern and northern Italy. Rated A by Contra Costa Times food critic, featured in the Bay Area Back Roads and has been chosen the best Italian restaurant in Pleasanton by the readers poll of Pleasanton Weekly Newspaper for 3 consecutive years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Vite Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- LacyDined on 9/20/2014Wife enjoyed her entrée, she had a seafood dish that she exchanged the marinara sauce for a light lemon-butter sauce. My entrée, veal scaloppini al chianti, was probably the poorest example of scaloppini that I have ever had. The tiramisu was one of the best that I have had. We will return and I will try another dish. We also plan a group event soon.Special Features:
- ValleyGirlDined on 7/26/2014Even though we were late, our table was ready and waiting for us. Excellent service and food! Will definitely come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a regular restaurantsagarDined on 7/18/2014service was not upto the mark....it felt like as if the waitress was not at all interested in serving... and she was forced to do her job!! anyways good was goooooood and delicious though!!!!! but need to improve on service sector.....overall good to place for dinner or lunch!!! but still it can be counted in a normal restuarant unless they improve their service!!!Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the La Vite Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I was hoping the restaurant was a bit more quiet and romantic. Not very authentic either for an Italian resataurant. The food was good. For the price they were kind of skimpy on the eggplant we oredered. We are vegetarians so the selection was minimal but what we orderes was fresh tasting and enjoyable. It's a neighborhood gem of sorts. I am sure for meat eaters they would enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Quiet spot for a relaxed mealPickyDinerDined on 6/4/2014This is a perfect first date restaurant or a place to sit and talk over a good meal. The food is good but desserts are best. I loved the tomato soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLovePrimeRibDined on 6/1/2014My family had visited the resturant several times and the food is always great and service is top notch. We will return. They have a really nice back room for large parties.Special Features:
- Entertaining:live music was superbTishDined on 4/24/2014The evening was magical with the special music by Pasquale Esposito. The food was delicious. We were surprised that the dinner was a buffet, which included mostly pasta dishes. This should have been announced when the reservations were made. The chef was able to provide me with a Gluten Free meal, so our party of four was able to enjoy the meal and the live music. We would definitely book a reservation at La Vite. We have told several of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at La ViteGmanDined on 4/23/2014This is one of Pleasanton's great neighborhood Italian restaurants. They consistently produce great quality Italian favorites along with interesting seafood combination dishes which I always prefer. I have been going here for years. It's one of our family favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itlatenightdinersDined on 4/13/2014Me and my fiance eat here bout 2 times a month for the past 2 years we love it great menu great cooks great prices and quick service good jobSpecial Features:
- Great timeBettyDined on 4/10/2014My group was treated to a wonderful time. They served our homemade birthday cake!Special Features:
- Best Italian food I've everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Best Italian food I've ever had. Chef has an amazing way with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was pretty ordinary.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/24/2014The food was pretty ordinary. An uninteresting salad, salmon cooked a little too long, and risotto that was a little too watery and not creamy enough.
- Great find for a budgetEmmaDined on 2/16/2014We were looking for a cheaper Italian restaurant for dinner after a long day of wine tasting. We found La Vite and booked a reservation not realizing we wouldn't need one. We got there right as they opened for dinner and were the first and only table seated. The waitress seated us and brought us water quickly. We ordered beer and wine and before they arrived she brought over a steaming fresh basket of fresh French bread and a plate of sun-dried tomato spread. The spread was delicious! The bread was amazing. We ordered the seafood ravioli in a creamy dill sauce, pasta carbenara with pancetta and bacon and cheese tortellini with vegetables. The dinner portions are huge and the tasted delicious. All of us took home leftovers. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal Parmesan was cold andRtredderDined on 2/14/2014Veal Parmesan was cold and the service was very slow.
- GOOD FOOD AT LA VITEItalianEaterDined on 2/14/2014The food, the decor, the help are all great. We went there for a nice Valentine's Day dinner. When we walked in we were immediately assaulted with some recorded female singer who obviously was in agony. Shewas obviously in great pain because nobody could screech like that otherwise.When I said something about it to the maitre'd ,he just told me it was romantic music for Valentine's Day. Romzntic, my foot!! Ultimately, about a half hour later, the music changed to something more apropo for the day. We like this place and have to drive about a half hour to get there but we expect a quiet dinner atmosphere. The greeter, who I suspect is the owner, isn't the best front man. His greetings are a little on the cold side/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice Italian restaurant,rmobDined on 2/1/2014A very nice Italian restaurant, with consistently good food. This is one of our go-to choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time to La ViteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014The Food is coming in big proportions. We tried several dishes in a group and all were too lemony (acidic). The lemon flavor almost was overwhelming and mask the flavor of the dish.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningBillDined on 1/10/2014A great restaurant - excellent food, great service! A great place for a small dinner party or for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSIPDDined on 1/8/2014Our women's group meets twice monthly for lunch so finding LaVite was perfect. They have a seating area that easily accommodates groups...varied menu. We have a wide variety of palettes in our group of lunch meeting members and there is something for everyone, delicious and price is right too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alonzo's Birthday!KatHrynVIPDined on 1/4/2014Very quaint. local restaurant. Plenty of food. quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013This is a favorite place for our small group of friends to eat. The atmosphere is great and the food is always consistently good.Special Features:
- ReunionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Annual dinner with friends. Choose different restaurant Each year. Food very flavorful served hot taste and amount Was very good. Everyone enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for our smalleme2113Dined on 12/4/2013Great place for our small holiday lunch - we have been coming back for years. Individually we all eat here too! Super place - we'll all be back!Special Features:
- La Vite RistorantebiddieDined on 11/16/2013this is truly a neighborhood gem. Food always fantastic, nice friendly atmosphere. I am sure glad that this restaurant is located on my side of town.Special Features:
- Great mealPBLevineDined on 10/2/2013My wife and I enjoyed a delicious meal celebrating her birthday. The bruschetta with smoked salmon appetizer was excellent. She had the ravioli and I had the veal parmigiana, both well prepared and huge portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lack there ofWineloverDined on 8/16/2013The server was an order taker and had zero people skills or personality. I brought a bottle of wine which the server rushed to open and immediately started pouring. Didn't do any bottle presentation or even pour a taste for me to make sure the wine was ok to serve and it wasn't corked or spoiled. Yes i brought it in but would still like to make sure it is good to drink. Every glass she poured she clinked the glass with the bottle and spilt on the table during each of the three glasses poured...never apologized for it either...i had to pour the rest of the bottle into mine and my guests glasses because she paid no attention to it. Must be why the corkage fee is only $7... On a side note, we all loved the food.
- A Good FindKM09Dined on 8/14/2013I was looking for an Italian restaurant in Pleasanton and tried LVR for lunch.. I was very pleased with the breadth of the menu. The food quality was very good and the food was prepared as expected per the menu. Portions were generous and delicious. The pasta sauce (alfredo based) was terrific. The tiramisu dessert was excellent. I would dine here again. Very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, average food.MastrosDined on 8/8/2013Food was average nice selection of wine. The service was very good.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013We always enjoy this great restaurant. The food has never disappointed, and the people treat you as family. We have always taken friends when in town to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vite ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013La Vite is a neighborhood restaurant that my family and I have been frequenting for MANY years for not only SPECIAL OCCASIONS but also just for grins and giggles. Their menu is not overwhelming but it does have a very good selection. Their prices are reasonable. The service, every time we have been there, is superb. The wait staff is is exceptionally friendly and efficient and are very good with children of all ages. La Vite is about the only restaurant that I have been to recently that pours a good glass of wine for a modest price.Special Features:
- A Great Find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013This restaurant was an absolute delight from the moment we entered to the time we left. Our server was very pleasant and knew the menu. The atmosphere was very enjoyable. The food was excellent with generous portions. We were not disappointed with our choice of this restaurant and will be back.Special Features:
- This was our first time toGeorgeDined on 5/11/2013This was our first time to La Vite and we were very happy with the food and service. We got there early and were seated right away. There was a party in the other room so the main room filled up fast. It is a popular place. We order drinks and salads and for the main dish we ordered chicken parmesan and seafood ravioli and they were delicious. The chicken parmesan was enough for 2 meals as my wife had the left overs for dinner the next night. We ordered desert to go because we were too full to eat anymore. Our experience was very good and we highly recommend this restaurant if you like fine italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent! I wasNotthrilledDined on 4/27/2013The food is excellent! I was very unimpressed with our waitress but would go back for the food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPastaloverVIPDined on 4/27/2013We arrived for our Saturday evening reservation and stood with four or five others at an unattended counter. After two or three minutes an unsmiling host escorted us to our table with virtually no greeting. The wait staff was friendly and attentive, however. The house salads were very small and the dressing tasty; however, some of the lettuce was limp. The bread was very good. The veal parmesan was quite large, but the accompanying pasta was insufficiently drained, so the veal sat in watery sauce. The chicken marsala was served luke warm. Wine by the glass is not served from the bottle. The best thing about the meal was the truly excellent chocolate cake. This is not even the third best Italian restaurant in town.
- Good food. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Good food. Good service. Good value. Was surprised it was not packed on the Friday night we went.Special Features:
- Try this restaurant.WilliamDined on 4/19/2013This was a great restaurant. The food was excellent and we all had a great time.Special Features:
- Nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Had "basa," The fish itself was really good. However, the linguine with chopped tomatoes that accompanied it was not very tasty. Wished I had subbed veggies like my friend did, which she said were very good. Overall, however, it was a very nice experience, and the staff was excellent at getting us out in time for the theatre.
- A restaurant in search of itself.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2013This is a restaurant in search of itself. Is it fine dining? If yes, it has the wrong waitstaff. If it is casual, it is overpriced. They need to do a bit of soul-searching and decide. We won't be back until it has...
- Pleasant restaurant to talk,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Pleasant restaurant to talk, visit. The food was OK but it was served cold. They could add a little more taste to it
- Hidden treasure in PleasantonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I recently visited La Vite Ristorante on a special occasion to take my mom/family out to a nice Italian dinner. I had a group of 6 adults in my party and it seemed we had a private area for our larger than normal group which was perfect. Since our reservation was toward the latter part of the evening it seemed most of the place had cleared out except for a few couples enjoying their dessert and wine, but none the less the food was delicious and our experience was extraordinary. The waitress(Ashley)was friendly and helpful with menu items and recommendations. The atmosphere was delightful and calm, with music in the background to soothe. We all enjoyed our experience and definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves Italian food.Special Features: