La Vita E Bella
2411 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Vita E Bella
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavitaebella.us/
- Phone: 2064415322
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Forte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do catering up to 250 people.
Free of charge delivery
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a special occasion with family and friends or hosting a corporate event, La Vita E Bella can accommodate your private event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8556208228
- Entertainment: Accordian Player
A word from La Vita E Bella
At La Vita E Bella we provide authentic Italian food made with homemade sauces and pasta. We offer many seafood dishes inspired by our Sicilian roots and fresh Seattle offerings. Thin pizzas are baked fresh for our mouthwatering customers. We have a large wine selection and many antipasto platters (appetizers) that are perfect for a quick drink and snack on the go. With a live accordion player, our restaurant has a romantic atmosphere and welcoming environment ideal for locals and tourists alike. Owner Giuseppe Forte strives to offer affordable cuisine that pops with flavor and value. He personally buys the groceries several times a week to insure the best products, allowing prices to remain low and fair for our customers. If you prefer, you can always call 206-441-5322 for an amazing meal TO GO!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
La Vita E Bella - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
La Vita E Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (13)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently DeliciousCarnivore2014Dined on 8/21/2014Third time to visit, but first time to try the outdoor seating. The noisy commuter traffic on 2nd Avenue eventually becomes background noise, because you end up totally focusing on the consistently delicious food. Service seemed harried and busy from the get-go, but anticipated our needs during our meal. Entrees and drinks selected were spot on. Entrees included a ravioli special, spaghetti carbonara, salami pizza, and farfalle with salmon. Desserts tried were Grandmother cake and two orders of tiramisu. Coffee was a bit overpriced for only a partial cup each, no refills, and provided milk not cream with the service. I've now been here with six others over three visits. Minor missteps, but the actual food will bring me and others back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Ballroom with a TwistSortorDined on 8/16/2014The service was great. The food was good. It was fun to dine outdoors with the Space Needle in view. It was cool to be in Belltown and people watch as there are many fascinating people in that neighborhood. The restaurant is small, the oven vent blows on you if you sit outside, our flowers on our table had lost their luster, and it was a warm evening and there were large fans blowing air from outside to the inside. Even with all that, the character and charm of the restaurant was fantastic and we loved our service. The food was good. We will go back because this is a unique neighborhood gem that we want to support and enjoy forever!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Visiting Seattle, stayed near Belltown, needed a relaxed restaurant for a family dinner within walking distance. La Vita E Bella fit the bill nicely. Not too expensive, lovely spot, and enough variety of Italian food offered that we all found something we liked. Service was very good. Our waiter had been there 5 years and knew the answers to all our questions. We all tried each others dishes, very yummy. Walked to the Chihuly Museum and the Space Needle afterwards for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- My Visit to SeattledidiDined on 8/6/2014A great Sicilian restaurant with delicious spaghetti and rigatoni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014The food at La Bella Vita is good with a nice variety of pastas, salads, pizzas, etc. However, the service is spotty, and the wait staff can be a little surly.Special Features:
- Amazing food at a great price!parkmiceDined on 7/29/2014I brought my Fiance here for a birthday date. I wanted to impress her, without spending a ton of cash. The place was very romantic, service was excellent, and the food was so amazing! I really hit the jackpot here, it was perfect. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vita E Bella on the sidewalkAndyDined on 7/29/2014With every trip to Seattle we always manage either lunch or dinner in the sidewalk enclosure at Giuseppe's La Vita E Bella. The service is stellar (Lori is a gem) and the food recommendations are worthy of consideration. This visit was for a late lunch so the three of us opted to share two Caesar salads and a New York pizza with our favorite bottle of Lavignone Barbera D'Asti. The sidewalk ambiance is always energetic (this is on 2nd Avenue in Belltown) and Giuseppe quickly moved and set up a couple of tables to accommodate our party of three. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service.ace4k2Dined on 7/23/2014Last minute find for a family of 5. Had something for everyone, and all loved the food. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- A great place 2 returnVissidarteVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food, the service and atmosphere are wonderful and always reminds me of Italy. Lori is a terrific server, even during the busiest of times. It's a charming place in a walkable neighborhood.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemBelltowngirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014We had a great meal great wine and great service. We really enjoyed it. The server was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crepesRollyDined on 6/27/2014The best spinach crepes,in the world,came all the way from LA,CA, to have them,for the fourth time,also the service was amazing from Marcus and the rest of the crewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJEVBDined on 6/23/2014A fabulous dinner in Belltown (Seattle). Excellent and friendly staff. Accommodated gluten, soy, dairy, and egg food allergies. We are going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night location!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Suggested by a friend, I grabbed a reservation at La Vita E Bella for 2. The walking violin/guitar duo put a great feel into the space -- I found myself creating a pleasant memory before even ordering. It was quiet enough for intimate conversation but loud enough to not be distractingly quiet. The food was excellent -- full of flavor, wonderful aromas and nicely sized portions (a bit larger than we needed).Special Features:
- Terrible serviceBostonDiner29Dined on 6/20/2014The restaurant does not acknowledge reviews made on Open Table, and it took us considerable time for a staff member to even greet our party. Staff was rude, and the food did not make up for the very low quality of service - overall very poor experience.
- Good lunch for the bunchThatBooVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have a monthly lunch of 5 N.Y. high school friends who now live in Seattle and while the ICON Grill is our normal spot, we decided to eat a little Italian this month. Not that the portions were small at La Vita E Bella, the food was plentiful and good if not outstanding. We had a great time watching the World Cup and enjoying the comfortable venue.
- consistenteastcoastDined on 6/16/2014Been there several times, always happy with my choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianLoveToEatVIPDined on 6/11/2014This place is a small neighborhood restaurant. They have outdoor seating, but we sat inside. They have small tables, for up to 4 people. We had 5 and they put a chair at the end, which was just fine (they did offer to put another table together for us). For 3 adults and 2 teenagers, we ordered two entrees (one menu regular, and one nightly special), a pizza and an appetizer. It was plenty of food and all of it was very tasty and flavorful. Even the teens were saying how good it was. Intimate dining and a nice small bar. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerErikDined on 6/7/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary. The food was great! Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfseattleVIPDined on 6/5/2014For dinner had a refreshing Liguria salad (with red onions, artichokes, cannellini beans, etc.) followed by a very tasty and filling spaghetti carbonara. A basket of sliced Italian bread with an olive oil/garlic dip preceded the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastytreatsVIPDined on 5/18/2014Good food and fairly priced. Nice price, generous pour, and selection of house wines at $8. Outdoor seating available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfseattleVIPDined on 5/7/2014Enjoyed a delicious plate of lasagna embedded with tender and juicy shreds of wild boar. The lasagna was a nice portion, also tender, and was served hot. A basket of sliced Italian bread and a tangy olive oil/garlic dip preceded the meal. Lori again provided excellent service and made the dining experience especially pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the La Vita E Bella reviews archive.
- A MUST TRY!alwaysjoseDined on 4/21/2014What a wonderful, comfortable, and romantic place. We were a party of five and each of use walked away very pleased. The food was very good (try the duck) and the knowledge of our waiter was well appreciated. Thank You La Vita E Bella for making my dear friend's birthday dinner one to remember!Special Features:
- Great food!classof2014promDined on 4/19/2014The food was fantastic, and I was very happy with the ambience of the restaurant. But I called twice to try and move and change my reservations, and I called to confirm as well, which was perfectly fine over the phone, but when we arrived the reservations hadn't been changed or moved at all. And our server wasn't very kind, he seemed like he didn't want to serve our table, and seemed to try and get us to rush out. But the restaurant is beautiful, in a nice part of town, with fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly great place!VissidarteVIPDined on 4/16/2014This wonderful eatery is a hidden gem with truly great Italian food and FUN service! It's a slice of Italy in Belltown with years of great service. Carefully set tables - and a charming outdoor patio - are tended by a great staff, its owners, a son-mother team. It cannot get any better :) The food is authentic and well prepared/presented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfseattleVIPDined on 4/15/2014Had a Restaurant Week 3-course lunch for $15. Several choices were offered for appetizer and entree, and 1 choice for dessert (a light, melt-in-your-mouth tiramisu). Enjoyed a refreshing and large salad prior to a deliciously prepared gnocchi in a tomato cream sauce with spinach and mozzarella. A basket of sliced Italian bread and a tangy olive oil/garlic dip preceded the meal. Lori provided spot-on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always nice service and goodKatieDined on 4/10/2014Always nice service and good food. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I absolutely love this place. I have yet to have a dish which is average. Great prices and the service is amazing. Food is comparable to that which I had in Italy.I've made it a point to dine here on every spcieal occasion I've had since high school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything you'd want in Italian!JamesEDined on 3/22/2014So much fun for two couple friends out on Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diningfl013Dined on 3/17/2014Although we had been to La vita e bella previously, we hadn't been there for about a year. It was a pleasure to eat there again. The food was delicious, and the wait staff pleasant and knowledgeable. We had a good dinner and have already recommended this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Food mediocre, my seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Food mediocre, my seafood spaghetti had no flavor. Service was lackadaisical. We had been waiting to order for a while and the waiter walked by without checking in. I had to call him over. I had to ask for a bowl for my seafood shells, they should have known to supply that. They were out of the Peroni that I ordered and the special. They had to return later to the table to tell us causing a reorder. Restaurant seemed a little run down with uninspired photos on the wall. it was a Saturday night and difficult to get reservations elsewhere but easy to get it here which made it feel like we were not at an "it" place. The restaurant was half empty and a little depressing. I'm not going back.Special Features:
- OkJRinGAVIPDined on 3/4/2014Great service and wine but the food was nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- They got it mostly rightDellaDined on 2/22/2014We ordered a caprese salad to start but it never came. It turned out that was fine since we had plenty of food with our bread and entrees and ended up ordering dessert. My husband was trying to decide between the ravioli with crab and spaghetti & meatballs. He ended up going with the crab ravioli (which was excellent) but the waiter brought a complementary small dish of the meatballs so he could try them anyway! I had the farfelle with smoked salmon and leeks. It was also very good. We ordered dessert: I had coconut gelato in a real coconut shell - amazing! My husband had a limencello parfait thing that he said was really good. Entrees came very very quickly, a little too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon mix-upSlr61Dined on 2/19/2014Everything about La Vita E Bella was quite good; very fresh food, solid presentation, attentive service considering there was only one waitress on the lunch hour and it had some busy moments! We were a group of six with varied tastes, ordering from the pizzas through the pastas and salads. All of us agreed our choices were delicious, made very fresh and served piping hot (well, with exception of the salad!). Minor point of disfavor was that our table which was a couple small tables pushed together was cramped even with smaller seated wooden chairs and we are not large people (4 ladies, one slim man and a child of ten)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ambianceRubenDined on 2/16/2014We had a blast our food was amazing and the ambiance was just perfect with a guy playing the accordion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic DinnerLindaVIPDined on 2/14/2014We chose La Vita E Bella for out Valentine's dinner. We thought the menu looked good, and we were not disappointed. With our OpenTable reservation, we were seated in a few minutes and our waiter was very attentive. The food and atmosphere were both wonderful. We will go back and will recommend to our friends. Not very expensive either.Special Features:
- A favorite restaurant in SeattleJanineDined on 2/7/2014I've been to La Vita E Bella many times over the years and they never disappoint! The food is absolutely delicious, and you can't go wrong if you order one of the specials of the evening. This is truly authetic Sicilian cuisine (as their menu indicates), and the owner and staff make you feel very welcome. The wine list is great, the ambience is superb, and the prices are very reasonable. This restaurant is a good choice for dinner any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For lunch enjoyed the BoscaiolasfseattleVIPDined on 2/4/2014For lunch enjoyed the Boscaiola (a rigatoni pasta in a tomato meat sauce with sweet peas and mushrooms). The dish ($9.95) was nicely prepared, very tasty, filling and arrived hot. A basket of sliced Italian bread and a tangy olive oil/garlic dip preceded the meal. Lori's excellent service made the lunch experience even nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revisit a ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2014Great atmosphere and good. Owner is proud of his establishment and sees to it guest are taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Mom's 80thpatsyjDined on 2/1/2014My husband & I discovered La Vita E Bella on our visit to Seattle in November 2013 and so when I took my Mom to Seattle to celebrate her 80th birthday I knew this would have to be a place to celebrate. Giuseppe and his staff made us welcome and the meal was as good as the 1st time we dined there. They sang happy birthday to my Mom and brought her complementary Tiramisu with a candle. A perfect evening and will always be on our list of places to dine very time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- have already recommended theottoDined on 1/8/2014have already recommended the La Vida to three friends, two of which went there for dinner since we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.