La Vita E Bella
401 - 12 Av SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1A5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Vita E Bella
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lavitabella.ca/menus.php
- Phone: 4032646046
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday at 11:30am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Douglas Stassi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Thank you for booking with us, we look forward to your reservation.
A word from La Vita E Bella
We are officially open! Our chef Steven Dowdell has put together a new fall menu to go with our newly renovated dining room. Join us for lunch service from Monday - Friday 11:30am and dinner service 7 nights a week starting at 5:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Vita E Bella - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
La Vita E Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (37)good for groups (30)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food had complex flavours which made the overall experience memorable. Great food, wine, and atmosphere. We dined during the week so noise level was quiet. We have dined on the weekend and so it is noisier during busier times. The food and service make up for the increased noise level. We have been to the restaurant several times and have never had bad food, service or wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKcichDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time we have been to this spot. We had the same server both times. She was amazing, witty, informative and attentive. I wish I caught her name so I could request her the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Never disappoints food and service always out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysderpDined on 9/6/2014Wife and I have been going there for 3 years. The food is amazing and so is the service. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014There isnt much to say. I have been twice and both times it has been outstanding. Will be going everytime I am in town on business. Even with a group of 16 the service and food was top notch.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJodieLDined on 9/4/2014We came in to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. We had amazing service front the moment we walked in until the moment we left. The atmosphere was great, quite, romantic, cozy. The food was delicious and filling. Loved everything about this cozy restaurant !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedItalianDined on 8/30/2014Service Poor. Our server disappeared after taking order. Other Servers paid us no attention. Appetizers prepared well. Main Pasta course average. The Chef needs to be retrained on how to prepare Gnocchi . Maybe we would have received more attention if we order more drinks.
- East Downtown DelightBandHDined on 8/27/2014An unexpected great place to eat! Started off with a homemade julep (bourbon and crushed crab apple) - was amazing. A great variety of italian delicacies. I had the pasta with seafood - excellent. Service was fabulous (notwithstanding it wasn't terribly busy at the time). Would definitely return. Patio is great on a warm evening.Special Features:
- True Lovers!SpicyEatersDined on 8/22/2014We love this little gem! We say it is one of the best little spots of Calgary. We have been 4 times and always walk out so satisfied with what we enjoyed and also our wallets are not light! You can dine for two enjoying a bottle of wine, two pasta dishes and the beef tartar appitizer for $100. Amazing!! This is a must try! The chefs are amazing! And accomadating to allergies. We are a gluten free couple and I have a dairy allergy and they don't skip a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LivelaugheatDined on 8/17/2014My boyfriend and I go back every year, and each year we can't wait to go back again! Our server was fabulous and the food is always incredible.Special Features:
- RightnowDined on 8/16/2014Felt food was average for Italian restaurants in Calgary. It's located close to saddledome so would be a good place to go before any hockey game etc
- Loved it!Foodie22Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing food and outstanding service! You can't ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014We come from out of town to events in Calgary and always try and have a meal here. Food is always great. You should try it if you have not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location.ambianceRenataDined on 8/5/2014Two for dinner before a concert, great service and timing. Would go againSpecial Features:
- love their pastasEllieJDined on 8/4/2014I have dined at La Vita Bella at least 10 times. I have always loved it there, I love the Caprese salad and the Lasagna. I have tried several menu items and all are fantastic. A nice wine list. Service is amazing. We will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was of great quality and quantity. The atmosphere was perfect- welcoming, intimate and fancy. Would definitely recommend and come back anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great location as it was outside of downtown but close enough by walking, transit, and also has free parking. I booked La Vita E Bella for a large group of 16. The restaurant is separated into 3 areas (like a house) and we were put in the back room. It was lovely, very secluded yet the ambiance was great. The service was attentive but not annoying, and we were left to just chat after paying our bill, all the way until they were closing. The food is great and the portions were just right, I enjoyed the Nero Linguine! They are also able to turn a lot of dishes into vegetarian, so that was a plus for some of my friends on top of their gluten-free menu. I would come to La Vita E Bella again!Special Features:
- Dine at La Vita E BellaBarbieDined on 7/11/2014We stopped there during stampede and enjoyed the lovely pasta dishes immensely. Service was prompt friendly and engaging. Good value for your money for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch!!dare2commentDined on 7/9/2014We went there just before the Shania concert. Got there early (at 5:00 pm) so we had enough time. Upon being seated, they asked if we were going to the chucks or the concert. We said concert so they paced things accordingly. Menu was quite good however the entrees were rather limited. Wine selection was quite good & catered to all price ranges. All food came in a timely manner & was in a single word, 'fantastic' (my Bison short ribs, wow!). Given, the place was 'packed', inside & out, the staff were really hustling yet, managed to keep up with the crowds. They said it was like this on every event day (Flames games, concerts, etc.). We had no complaints what so ever.We will be back. Everyone, please give it a chance, you won't regret it!!Special Features:
- Hidden gemtobuzVIPDined on 7/4/2014We stumbled across this restaurant while browsing OpenTable -- and loved it. Modern Italian, all very fresh and perfectly prepared. The location - next to Cowboys, outside the Stampede Grounds - is a bit odd. (We had no idea there was a restaurant there at all.) The inside space is very nice, while the outdoor patio is downright beautiful. You'd have no idea that you're next to all the cheesiness of Cowboys and the ugliness of the Grounds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentTerriDined on 6/27/2014We love La Vita E Bella ... always consistent; love the service and the ambiance. Such a great place to have a meal. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plung138Dined on 6/27/2014We were there on a Thursday night Jun 19 and the restaurant was very quiet which was great! both food and wine was excellent and we had a great visit with the waitress. When the bill came, we were a bit surprised at how reasonable it was ! I will definitely go back again and again when I have a chance. Well Done. :)Special Features:
- This is a great restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2014Have enjoyed many great dinners here! It is a great spot!! Service is outstanding!! Have always gone to this restaurant before a Flames hockey game or before a concert! Perfectly situated for that! They know what they are doing and they do it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeweekenderDined on 6/24/2014Love La Vita Bella, a favorite spot we go back to time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCoolitDined on 6/24/2014Every time we come here we find the pasta to be one of the best in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItCindyDined on 6/23/2014The food and wines was delicious and the wait staff was very helpful. Everything looked so good did not know what to order. Look forward to returning for another great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- took a chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Decided to try this place and it was quite nice. The food was very good, although I have had Italian that liked better at other places... Was disappointed that they ran out of what was I suppose a popular appetizer, as there should have been enough to fill orders.. It was fathers day, so probably busier than usual?, but this should have been anticipated.. Our server was great, very helpful and quick... We found it very hard to hear as the noise level was high... but not a big deal.. We would come back again I am sure...Special Features:
- Great venue for a business lunch.NJH1Dined on 6/13/2014The atmosphere was great for a business lunch. The beef was well prepared and tender. The Bison was well prepared and didn't have the gamey taste that wild meat sometimes can have. The service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- Beer and snacksthunerDined on 6/11/2014Four of us had beer and appetizers at 5PM. Service, food and serving sizes were excellent. Just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Calgary's #1DeliciousDined on 6/10/2014The best kept secret in Calgary. The owner and staff take personal care of you like being at their home. The food is made fresh with fresh ingredients that make the dish unbelievable. Great cocktail's and wine list to choose from. The end is a super lineup of great deserts and coffee. A great experience anytime.Special Features:
- food to die foroutlaw69Dined on 6/10/2014The linguine fruit de mer was the best I have every eaten. The seafood was cooked to perfection and not smothered in red sauce. The ink pasta was perfect for the flavor in the sauce. Atmosphere is lively and very nice Italian decor. Waiter was excellant at his job and knew his wine. This will be my go to spot next time I am in Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014This is my fifth visit. I have book this location for special occasions, celebrations and even book club. I am never disappointed. The menu is not huge but what they do they do well.Special Features:
- La Vita E Bella Indeed!ElleDined on 6/7/2014A lovely intimate dining experience at La Vita E Bella. Such interesting interior design - very rustic with a careful blend of modern (black baseboards and windowsills) and completely charming! Not one big cavernous restaurant, but a series of "hideaway" rooms - so romantic! Small menu, but beautifully prepared and presented, we opted for a variety of appetizers rather than make the commitment to a large entree in order to explore their offerings. Romain salad with pork belly was beautiful, as were the mozzarella stuffed meatballs in a tangy tomato sauce. Crap cakes with a roasted red pepper aioli on arugula were so very tasty, as was the delectable smoked bacon gnocchi! We will return as soon as possible and leave room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-event FavOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2014Love this place. Given it's location, it's great before a game or concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 920 reviews are from the La Vita E Bella reviews archive.
- TeamBondingDined on 5/12/2014Great place to take our female staff for lunch. The food great and staff friendly. Place looks great very modern with a touch of old Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gtobobDined on 5/11/2014our experience was a very good one. the food was excellent as was the service. it was however not as good as my first experience as the menu has changed and some of the items dropped from the menu wre some of our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Crabcake, Parking is OdddoncommandoDined on 5/11/2014So firstly, their parking sign needs work. I'd invest in a more legible sign and not written in cursive, placed sideways. Not a dealbreaker for me but it could be for some. Atmosphere was nice, quiet and would be good for first date dinners. The star of my meal was the crab cake; no filler. Risotto balls were crisp and matched the tomato sauce. As for the mains, I wasn't a fan of my seafood linguini but the bison short ribs were great and the lasagna was better than mine. The linguini tasted a bit bland. I'd go back for that crab cake though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs ImprovinghungrychicVIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food, but was I was left having to get the waiter's attention on a number of occasions and catch them helping others who came later first.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014We had asked for a specific table on we got it. Our food was excellent - I only needed a fork to eat the Bison Short Ribs. The Rigatoni was superb. The service was excellent from start to finish. See you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backweekenderDined on 5/9/2014Great spot, a favorite before special events at Saddledome.Special Features: