La Vista - Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
L.G. Smith Boulevard 101
Palm Beach, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Vista - Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arubamarriott.com/
- Phone: 5869000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alejo Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Entertainment: Tuesday's Mediterranean Buffet, with Belly Dacing Show
Tursdays, Tuscan Italian Buffet, Live Carnival Show.
A word from La Vista - Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Vista restaurant provides a spacious and open environment, a cozy bar and lounge, and an enticing new menu made possible by an exhibition kitchen, including a pizza oven and a grill offering Italian specialties. An open-air terrace provides additional outdoor seating for a magnificent ocean view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Vista - Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
La Vista - Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Buffet RulesSaraSaysDined on 9/30/2014We checked out the online menu and went there for pasta. When we got there the menu was not the same as online. It was much more limited. As a matter of fact there was no pasta onit. We asked and were told that we would have to have the buffet to get pasta. And that was what we did. The buffet had a lot of seafood and some meat, and lots of cheeses and desserts. It was just ok food, but not really as advertised with menus online. The service was fine and everyone was accommodating, as is the way in Aruba The restaurant is lovely with a nice view if you go during the daySpecial Features:
- Nice buffets!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Ate at La Vista buffet 3 times - Brunch, Baked Lobster Buffet and Seafood Buffet. Food is fresh and tasty. Prices are fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!GigiDined on 8/8/2014Ate breakfast and dinner at La Vista, and it did not disappoint. Service, selection, and quality of food was outstanding! Truly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood Sensation!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014The Seafood Sensation Buffet was outstanding. Crab legs, Shrimp, fish grilled to order, pasta with shrimp and scallops made to order. It was very good!! Sunday Brunch - It was ok. If you are going to spend $37 you might as well spend $50 and go to Ruinas Del Mar in the Hyatt for a bigger spread.Special Features:
- Lobster Seafood BuffetMarkVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went here several years ago and it was fantastic, but we were extremely disspointed this time. The selection was poor. The lobsters were overcooked. A buffet, is a buffet, but for the price, it should have been much better. We did however go for breakfast and that was fabulous. Well worth the price.
- overpriced and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/14/2014We expected more from a Marriott resort restaurant. The food, primarily buffet style, wss mediocre at best and overpriced.Special Features:
- Best vacation food everParadiseDined on 7/3/2014Been on 3 cruises, Jamaica, Bermuda, and Bahamas, left all the mentioned starving because food was so bad, only vacation I gained weight. Unbelievable choices of food, and choices. Will be booking there in all future vacationsSpecial Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the La Vista - Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reviews archive.
- Service made the mealZackDined on 6/7/2014We visited La Vista several times in our stay, usually for breakfast. However, we decided to check it out one night for dinner and it happened to be during the baked lobster buffet. The food was good - what I've come to expect from a high quality buffet. However, all of the seafood is cooked fresh to order. The lobster itself wasn't bad, but wouldn't rush back on a Saturday for that specifically. The real star of the night was Keith, our server. He was professional, funny, entertaining, and quick to return with anything we requested, whether it was cocktails or condiments. He was sure to show us, not just tell us, that the night was all about us. Keith made the night memorable, and we would be back for that if nothing else.Special Features:
- Good food, good viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014Eating while looking out at the Caribbean? Priceless! The food is good and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- RelaxOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2014Great outdoor dining at the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vista was not good.newyorkDined on 5/18/2014Yes, the service was good and the restaurant itself was pretty and nice, but the buffet was horrible. There were not many options and the food was not cooked well. My daughter was given raw pasta. The man working that buffet section did not even cook it in his pan like he was supposed to. We noticed tables around us unhappy as well. The desert was very good though and I think the other tables that night would agree as we noticed a trend that everyone would put their food aside and go grab desert. This restaurant must not be doing well (and now we see why) because every where we go in the hotel we get offered 20% off for La Vista. I would not recommend this restaurant to any of my friends or family nor will I come back to this restaurant.
- Great ocean views...MikeDined on 4/28/2014And attentive, courteous, and helpful staff... Good buffet options...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitoTrendyVIPDined on 4/11/2014Great environment, amazing service incredible foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best buffet in ArubaBeantownbabyDined on 3/31/2014We attended on a Monday night for the Mediterranean buffet which my daughter loves. Since it was her birthday and she went with us last year and loved it,we planned ahead. The staff came out with a giant piece of chocolate layered cake that was to die for and sang happy birthday to her. Everyone was so friendly and the food choices are awesome.Special Features:
- My only complaint was withMjlg65Dined on 2/21/2014My only complaint was with opentable. I made a 5pm reservation for a restaurant that didn't open till 530 pm. . They also didn't have my reservation in their system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast!!dentaldanVIPDined on 1/17/2014Breakfast buffet is top notch. Went twice on my trip. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good show!dentaldanVIPDined on 1/16/2014Went for Carnival Show while staying at Surf Club on vacation. Good food selection and quality, show was very entertaining and they did a Conga line with the kids. It's touristy, but was a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- MIssed Meal & appetizersCarlippDined on 1/12/2014We had 16 people and 3 appetizers were never given, and one meal was completely missed. We ordered 4, surf –n- turfs. The one meal missed was a surf –n- turf and that person had his meal delivered while the others were getting desserts and coffee.
- Carnival timeloveArubaDined on 12/19/2013The carnival show during dinner on the beach was spectacular! The colorful costumes and Caribbean beat made us all feel like dancing. The food was well presented and delicious. We enjoyed the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Augustine!thomasdpDined on 12/18/2013Augustine our waiter made everything so special! He noticed I was struggling w/the buffet stone carb claws (I'm handicapped), and came over and not only showed me how to hold and open the claws, but went and looked for the best scored ones for me to easily open. He, I and the wife talked at length about his experiences in serving over 33 years. Truly a remarkable man! Oh, and the buffet was excellent as well, but he made it all, oh so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No way buffetMLOODined on 11/28/2013Way over crowded and a lot of unhappy patrons. The layout of stations had you fumbling your way across an over crowded room trying to find the appropriate sides, never again. If you like to gouge yourself on mediocre food, standing on long lines, well then you will love this.
- Great eats!nysweetieDined on 11/16/2013The food was plentiful and delicious. We enjoyed it so much we didn't try any other restaurants all week even though we had made other reservations. The lobster buffet was wonderful. One chef made a point of helping me with my food allergies by giving me a tour of the buffet each night and another chef fixed gluten free pasta for me that was exceptional. Ate there for breakfast and dinner and loved every meal. Made my hotel stay a real vacation. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Buffet or ala carteStephenfoodxcnutVIPDined on 10/26/2013Nicely done a good selection from good beef dishes a nice seafood menu good veggie items a ice bar.very courteous help staff. A good addition to the marriott hotel and vacation clubSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian mode, average foodAGonFre62VIPDined on 10/19/2013Large place, lobster buffet available, reasonable food for acceptable prices. Rest of the menu, average food. Good choice for family with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Buffet on SaturdaysCarski22VIPDined on 10/5/2013lwe had a large party including children. The buffet was fantastic. Lobster,Prrime rib sliced lots of other seafood and sides. Great made to order pasta station with add ins. pizza for the kids. Also a large dessert selection. Worth every penny. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Tuscan nightdeadhead1Dined on 10/3/2013Too hot and windy to eat outside, but we enjoyed the Tuscan buffet on a Thursday night. Good salad selection and very good pasta choices including freshly made pizza. Carving station had too well done meats and the made to order pasta was brought down by a bland and tasteless marinara sauce. Other pastas and fish was good and the dessert selection was excellent.Special Features:
- Lobster Buffet Dinnerdeadhead1Dined on 9/28/2013Enjoyed this $55 buffet. Chose to sit inside which was a good idea as outside seating was far away. Lobster was prepared well (grilled) and was abundant. Other dishes included sushi, lobster bisque which was excellent, seafood chowder, a large and well stocked salad bar, nice selection of cheeses, a fresh pasta station, prime rib (mostly well done) and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise....ShowwalterVIPDined on 7/18/2013We were pleasantly surprised that a hotel restaurant was so reasonable and actually quite good........restaurants in Aruba generally leave a little to be desired anyway, but this one delivered....I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffetMrsVeeDined on 7/11/2013This restaurant was outstanding!!! If you are ever in Aruba make a reservation at La Vista-Aruba. It is located in the Marriott Stelios Hotel. They offer buffet and items on their menu. We thought for the money we would try a little of everything...and that was the way to go. We had lasagna (my favorite), pumpkin raviolis, beef tenderloin with a red wine reduction sauce, roasted potatos. Plus, part of the buffet there was a salad bar, pizza bar, pasta station plus a desert bar!! I was a little leery at first, but it was terrific. I will bookmark this place the next time I go to Aruba!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster BuffetEdwardDined on 6/29/2013The Lobster Buffet was delicious! There were a variety of foods to choose from and my wife and I were very satisfied! Our server Alexis was awesome! He made us feel as though we were the only customers in the restaurant. If you are a seafood lover and would like to eat while enjoying a beautiful sunset, this is the place for you. I strongly recommend La Vista when you visit Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!JPDEDined on 6/24/2013We checked in to the resort and had dinner at La Vista. We had the buffet and the little one ate for free. The food and selection were very good. My pina colada was also good. Since then we've had dinner at a different restaurant every night and we all agreed that La Vista is both convenient, pleasant and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vista Brunch and DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013We had a dinner reservation made through Open Table prior to our arrival in Aruba at the La Vista on Father's Day. When we arrived at our timeshare we found out that they were also having a Father's Day Brunch that day, so we asked the timeshare rep. to make us a reservation for that also. Both the Brunch and the dinner were lovely. We have eaten at this restaurant over the years and the remodel is just beautiful. The food was good and the service is always wonderful. Great place to eat when in Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013Busy at breakfast, quiet at dinner. Overall a good restaurant to visit if staying at the Marriott.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant! The nightRickDined on 6/8/2013Great restaurant! The night we were there (table for 8), we had the lobster buffet. It was awesome! Great service too! Just be aware it is a little pricey. There was 8 of us (6 adults & 2 kids), one bottle of wine ($55) and our total bill was $455. No other alcoholic drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCarolpVIPDined on 4/27/2013This was our second visit. The first was a very nice experience. This time was disappointing. Food was nothing special. The lobster buffet sounded like fun but the quality was poor and the cooking routine. Expensive for a disappointing experience.
- would go back. tried it for,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2013would go back. tried it for, lunch dinner, and the morning all were good!Special Features:
- The staff was very attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013The staff was very attentive, patient and courteous. We had 6 small kids and the staff was great! The buffet had a lot of choices even for the pickiest. It was sons 3 rd birthday and they brought out a cake and sang. It made his day! I would highly recommend for couples or families but it is always great to find a family friendly place on vacation.Special Features:
- Nicest Family Restaurant in ArubaSeanDined on 3/21/2013This is a very nice and family friendly restaurant for Buffet Brunch and Buffet Dinners. You can still order from the menu.Special Features:
- too darkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013we sit outside. it was too dark.we could not see :the menu, or our food!
- The food was great! The buffetPeteVIPDined on 3/12/2013The food was great! The buffet had more dishes that were tasty and healthy. The deserts were also just marvelous! All in all the evening that I spent at the Aruba Marriott was very exciting.