La Villetta Ristorante Italiano
4351 N Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Villetta Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavillettaboca.com/
- Phone: 5613628403
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maria Costanza / Salvatore Sellitto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for catering options for your next event, large or small, formal or informal. LaVilleta will prepare a custom experience designed to please your guests.
A word from La Villetta Ristorante Italiano
Dining Italian Style is not just for sustenance, it"s the coming together of family & friends. At La Villetta, the meals prepared by Chef Maria are Old World recipes and her own creations prepared and served to her family and friends for over 25 years. From Caserta, Italy, she learned her culinary art under the tutelage of Chef Angelo Mirra. Maria with Angelo moved to Montreal, Canada via Basil, Switzerland where they worked as a team for eight years at the Hotel Simblone. In Montreal, the first of three 4-star restaurants opened and introduced Maria's style of Italian cuisine. Under the management of Maria's son & daughter, these restaurants still serve the people of Montreal Casa Cacciatore. In 1985 SALVATORE SELLITTO and MARIA COSTANZA opened Casa Cacciatore in Pompano Beach Florida. For 7 years their patrons from Boca Raton demanded they bring to Boca their real sense of Italian hospitality. CUCINA - RICERCATA E GENUINA BUON APPETITOContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Villetta Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful night with friendsMargoDined on 8/9/2014Nice dinner with friends. My husband ordered pasta fagioli for appetizer. It was delicious, tasted just like my mom's. My friend enjoyed the 3 shrimp cocktail appetizer. I LOVED the pasta special, homemade pasta with Bolognese-delicious, smooth, & wonderful consistency. My husband always orders red tail snapper that they filet table side. Although a few bones were in fish(not an issue), it was moist & delicious. Another guest had chicken with eggplant & cheese. Excellent meal- 2 large breasts as entree. Tartuffe dessert was delicious- chocolate & vanilla gelato dipped in chocolate. My husband had the apple tart. Delicious light crust. The natural taste of fruit was delicious, not loaded with sugar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful dinner. Everyone loved the food. The homemade sausage - outstanding!Special Features:
- Excellent food and the best serviceDaniVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always a pleasure. Authentic italian. The service is the best. They have specials everyday that I always love to try and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sus4Dined on 7/19/2014If you're looking for a high end place, this is one of them. If you're looking for a quiet place, this is not one of them. The food was very good, but I was expecting a little more of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I was looking through the news paper for a new Restarunt and found a gem for great food and service also we had 7:45 reservations they were ready and waiting GOOD FIND on my list to go back toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 6/28/2014DINED 1ST TIME THIS TRIP 6/22, FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING AS WELL AS SERVICE, RETURNED ON 6/28, MARIA, CO-OWNER AND CHEF MADE A LASAGNA WITH VEAL, I'VE NEVER TASTED ANYTHING SO GOOD, HOME MADE NOODLES AND GRAVY THE BEST IN ALL OF FLORIDA. SERVER CUCU WAS GREAT. CAN'T WAIT TILL WE RETURN...IT WILL BE SOON. AND FOR DESERT DON'T FORGET TO TRY MARIA'S HAND MADE RICOTTA CHEESE CAKE, LIGHT BEYOND BELIEF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amoreVIPDined on 5/22/2014The surprise was the salt encrusted sea bass. It was as good and fresh as the best restaurants in the world.Special Features:
- Great food! Authentic ItalianDaniVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food here is amazing. On Saturday nights the have osobuco and it is delicious! We found out about this place when we were in Italy..a waiter in Italy told us during his off season he worked at la villetta. We tried it and have been several times since! Also the lasagna is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbTB00VIPDined on 5/6/2014Wait staff excels, food is amazing, great diverse wine list. I'm a regular and will continue to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but nice.MelsCoinsVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were 4 and all enjoyed their entrees. Service was excellent. Included salad seemed skimpy. Veal dishes were were very good. Rollatini was a bit salty.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the La Villetta Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- chasnanVIPDined on 5/2/2014Food is great very romantic restaurant service was great very nice bar sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LanieDined on 4/30/2014Great Italian fare. Excellent whole fish Good service and wait staffSpecial Features:
- Always consistently good.CharlieVIPDined on 4/20/2014The special yellow tail snapper baked in a salt covering is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in BocaKageyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great food and service, host Sal is very friendly.Special Features:
- SuperbdeliciousDined on 4/10/2014I introduced 2 friends to La Villetta who both gave it big "thumbs up". The wine list is varied and excellent. We were able to split a half order of papardelle with mushrooms as an appetizer which we all thoroughly loved. I enjoyed the fish baked in salt crust as my entree. Service was a bit slow due to some obnoxious guest, but attentive as far as we were concerned.Special Features:
- Poor in attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2014Poor in attentive service and long waits for each course--- over an hour to be served the main course. Very, very noisy Food was good but there are other Italien restaurants with better service and less noise.
- It's always goodTB00VIPDined on 3/28/2014We are regulars. It's a great neighborhood place. The food is always delish and the service is very attentive. Capilini with anchovy & garlic is outstanding and we love the berry tart. I will say I like the bar area better than the dining room. It's quieter and there are less large groups. The dining room was really loud on our last visit.Special Features:
- Excellent food service andKeithDined on 3/27/2014Excellent food service and ambience! Owner is very friendly and Coco is a great server. He's worked there 21years and it shows! Will definitely be back. Veal chop and ravioli and bruschetta were delish!!Special Features:
- Always Excellent!TonyVIPDined on 3/14/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We especially like the Baked Whole Snapper which is their specialty. Always perfectly cooked, fresh and delicious. Their food is outstanding. You need to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPOINTEDnamajanVIPDined on 3/9/2014We eat at La Villetta lots. Last night 4 were there, & made to wait for table that was fully set up and for over 10 minutes, with a reservation. I don't mind waiting, but when it is ready, that is not called for. There was another table that was orig. for 6, and broken down 3 different times between 4 & 6 people. The GM really has an attitude problem.. After we were finally seated. The window table was again broken down and ended up having 2 people sit there. Secondly we ordered their fish special, which the waiter came back and told us about 20 minutes later that they were sold out of it. Not happy, Big complaint, People came in after us and were served way before us. Won't be going back to be treated that way.
- Great food with lots of noise.MelsCoinsVIPDined on 3/8/2014La Villetta had great food but was very noisy. The veal dishes were excellent. The special lasagna was very good too. Wine list was extensive and somewhat expensive. However, a more reasonable red sauvingon was enjoyable. Service was excellent and a salad is included with all entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodModesDined on 3/5/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDickDined on 3/2/2014Just a magnificent restaurant for anyone's who appreciates real Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Not a place to goJeffsabendDined on 3/1/2014The reservation was homered. From start to finish the food was very blah. There are great restaurants in Boca and Delray this is not one of them.
- Best Italian in BocaKageyVIPDined on 2/27/2014Great as usual, best mood in Boca, prices not to bad also.Special Features:
- Neighborhood spot with amazing foodTB00VIPDined on 2/26/2014Service and food are excellent here. It's definitely a neighborhood style restaurant with lots of colorful locals. Pasta, fish, clams, dessert---I don't think I've had anything bad here. The clams in white wine, tri-colore salad and yellowfin are standouts. Also the homemade ricotta cheesecake and berry tart are scrumptious. Waitstaff is attentive and polite. Owner is usually around and assures that you are having a wonderful experience. We brought our houseguest who had a marvelous time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish lover's dreambarbaraDined on 2/26/2014the specialty seafood item, yellowtail snapper baked in salt, is absolutely the best we have ever had. Nothing compares to this dish. Three of four of our group ordered this and everyone is a repeat customer. Some day maybe I'll try another dish, but maybe not. Why not stick with something you know you will never be sorry about. Every time it is a winner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant.MariclayDined on 2/22/2014Good Italian restaurant. Excellent food. A little pricey. Didn't like the table they reserved or us, but they changed it to our satisfaction. Excellent waiter and service. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The service, food and ambiance are just plain outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good as usualMarvinVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was very good as usual but the service was not up to par due to the large crowd that they had that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical southern ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014I guess this is not the place to go for Valentine's dinner.Usually there are a lot of couples, this restaurant had large groups and judging from the crowd, they stopped celebrating years ago. Its a very nice place and the food was good and the service was too. Very busy with waiters and bus boys running around,almost bumping into one another. I think, it's because the different rooms for dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Cucina !whatagemVIPDined on 2/14/2014We always enjoy dining here....the host/owner, Sal is very welcoming....the staff is very efficient, helpful and courteous....the food is traditional Italian and the signature dish of yellowtail tail snapper is a melt in your mouth experience.....I highly recommend La Villetta for a wonderful evening of food and drink !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to La VillettanamajanVIPDined on 2/3/2014I have been to La Villetta many times. It amazes me how great the food here is. The waiters have been there for years, and I feel like I am dining with old friends. I had their pasta special with Bolognese Sauce. It was outstanding. For an Appitizer I had the Stuffed pepper with mozzarella & Pancetta. Another outstanding dish. Everyone loved their dishes. It is a wonderful find in Boca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA VILLETTAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014THE ATMOSPHERE AND THE SERVICE IS WARM AND FRIENDLY. THE FOOD SELECTIONS ARE PREPARED TO ORDER AND ARE VERY FRESH. HOWEVER , I FOUND THE VEGETABLE SELECTIONS THAT ACCOMPANY THE MAIN COURSE TOO LIMITED AND LACK VARIETY. THERE WERE ONLY TWO OFFERED WITH THE MAIN MEAL, ROASTED POTATOES AND ESCAROLE. BOTH ARE AN EASY PREPARATION FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT BUT THE PLATE LACKED COLOR AND INTEREST. THE DESERT SELECTION IS EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizers and the dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014The appetizers and the dessert were the best. I tried fettuccini Zia Teresa that were not bad but lacked of " soul'... very light...not very italian. My wife are the special fish of the day , alaskian halibut and it was just fair, even the price ( $ 41.-) deserved something better. Most all the food tasted very light... may be healthy...but very light.Special Features:
- I was extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/21/2014I was extremely disappointed at the appetizer. I ordered a shrimp cocktail, at a charge of $19.00. I got 3 shrimp that were mini-size. When I talked to the waiter, he said they save the large shrimp for the entree. There is no excuse for the outrageous charge and the failure to take it back. Also, the waiter forgot on two occasions other requests and we had to remind him.
- Good news and bad newsNevereathomeVIPDined on 1/18/2014We have been dining at La Villetta on a regular basis for several years and I always make my reservation on Open Table. The other night, I brought guests, and wanted to show them why this is one of our favorite restaurants. Unbelievably, I was shown to one of two tables set up near the front door and the bar, not in the main dining room. When I asked for a table in the main room, I was told that because I made my reservation on Open Table and did not make a telephone call, this was the only table available. The manager did not care at all that we have been regular customers. In fact, I was told that in the future, I need to call and speak to him if I want a better table! I was highly insulted and will not be back soon.Special Features:
- mmmm good!whatagemVIPDined on 1/17/2014We keep going back because we love everything about the food, service and ambiance !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of Italy in BocaGailmeyer124Dined on 1/2/2014The food at La Villetta is superb. Great menu and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade classical ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014Wonderful service from the wait staff to warm plates. Classic homemade Italian with original interpretations. Felt very welcome in environment and you could see many diners were regulars.Special Features: