La Villetta Ristorante Italiano
4351 N Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Villetta Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavillettaboca.com/
- Phone: (561) 362-8403
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maria Costanza / Salvatore Sellitto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for catering options for your next event, large or small, formal or informal. LaVilleta will prepare a custom experience designed to please your guests.
A word from La Villetta Ristorante Italiano
Dining Italian Style is not just for sustenance, it"s the coming together of family & friends. At La Villetta, the meals prepared by Chef Maria are Old World recipes and her own creations prepared and served to her family and friends for over 25 years. From Caserta, Italy, she learned her culinary art under the tutelage of Chef Angelo Mirra. Maria with Angelo moved to Montreal, Canada via Basil, Switzerland where they worked as a team for eight years at the Hotel Simblone. In Montreal, the first of three 4-star restaurants opened and introduced Maria's style of Italian cuisine. Under the management of Maria's son & daughter, these restaurants still serve the people of Montreal Casa Cacciatore. In 1985 SALVATORE SELLITTO and MARIA COSTANZA opened Casa Cacciatore in Pompano Beach Florida. For 7 years their patrons from Boca Raton demanded they bring to Boca their real sense of Italian hospitality. CUCINA - RICERCATA E GENUINA BUON APPETITOContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Villetta Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
La Villetta Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (11)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ShanovaVIPDined on 11/20/2014The best italian stuffed pepper apetisers that we've had .. Marie's cheesecake is truly a homemade dessert..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our "go to" Italian restaurantloveitinsofloDined on 11/13/2014Because of the impeccable service from the waiters - those great accents! -, the homemade mozzarella cheese, delicious pasta, ricotta cheesecake and so many other great entrees to choose from ... we don't even think about dining at another Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella !whatagemVIPDined on 11/8/2014Not only is the food prepared just as you like it , and it is delicioso, the service is fantastico....the restaurant is very cozy and romantic and the owner/host is very friendly and accomodating to every special request....I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good Italian food and fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 11/6/2014Our best visit here yet! Really liked the complimentary bruschetta. We all chose the veal Pavarotti for dinner and were very happy. Meals came with excellent vegetable mixture and potatoes. We added a pasta, capellini albanese, which was oil garlic and something to create a nice kick. We still had room for kuscious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemGramVIPDined on 9/27/2014Not our first time here because we know that we will always have a great meal. An intimate lovely restaurant with a nice bar if you want to enjoy a cocktail. Low noise level, great service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Great cooking by mariaKageyVIPDined on 9/21/2014They had farmer soft shell crabs that were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 9/20/2014Slightly dated décor but quality food served by very attentive waiters. Had their deboned tableside yellow snapper which was very good. Wife had the Osso Bucco which she enjoyed. Food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is supposed to be an Italian restaurant but the pasta fagoli tasted like beans n pasta thrown in water with absolutely no flavor. The veal was not of good quality as it was tough and I have had better marina out of a jar. The ambiance is nice table not too close to each other but I can't eat ambiance. The prices are tpyical boca high end and the food quality was at the low end
- Wonderful night with friendsMargoDined on 8/9/2014Nice dinner with friends. My husband ordered pasta fagioli for appetizer. It was delicious, tasted just like my mom's. My friend enjoyed the 3 shrimp cocktail appetizer. I LOVED the pasta special, homemade pasta with Bolognese-delicious, smooth, & wonderful consistency. My husband always orders red tail snapper that they filet table side. Although a few bones were in fish(not an issue), it was moist & delicious. Another guest had chicken with eggplant & cheese. Excellent meal- 2 large breasts as entree. Tartuffe dessert was delicious- chocolate & vanilla gelato dipped in chocolate. My husband had the apple tart. Delicious light crust. The natural taste of fruit was delicious, not loaded with sugar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful dinner. Everyone loved the food. The homemade sausage - outstanding!Special Features:
- A Pleasant EveningBonvivantVIPDined on 8/1/2014We all enjoyed the evening. The food was decent, though I thought they used way too much olive oil on my entree. The food floated in it!!!! I would try the restaurant again but request that they only use half a bottle of oil on my food....not an entire bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A big plus....we could actually talk to each other without shouting!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the La Villetta Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Excellent food and the best serviceDaniVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always a pleasure. Authentic italian. The service is the best. They have specials everyday that I always love to try and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sus4Dined on 7/19/2014If you're looking for a high end place, this is one of them. If you're looking for a quiet place, this is not one of them. The food was very good, but I was expecting a little more of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I was looking through the news paper for a new Restarunt and found a gem for great food and service also we had 7:45 reservations they were ready and waiting GOOD FIND on my list to go back toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 6/28/2014DINED 1ST TIME THIS TRIP 6/22, FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING AS WELL AS SERVICE, RETURNED ON 6/28, MARIA, CO-OWNER AND CHEF MADE A LASAGNA WITH VEAL, I'VE NEVER TASTED ANYTHING SO GOOD, HOME MADE NOODLES AND GRAVY THE BEST IN ALL OF FLORIDA. SERVER CUCU WAS GREAT. CAN'T WAIT TILL WE RETURN...IT WILL BE SOON. AND FOR DESERT DON'T FORGET TO TRY MARIA'S HAND MADE RICOTTA CHEESE CAKE, LIGHT BEYOND BELIEF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amoreVIPDined on 5/22/2014The surprise was the salt encrusted sea bass. It was as good and fresh as the best restaurants in the world.Special Features:
- Great food! Authentic ItalianDaniVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food here is amazing. On Saturday nights the have osobuco and it is delicious! We found out about this place when we were in Italy..a waiter in Italy told us during his off season he worked at la villetta. We tried it and have been several times since! Also the lasagna is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbTB00VIPDined on 5/6/2014Wait staff excels, food is amazing, great diverse wine list. I'm a regular and will continue to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but nice.MelsCoinsVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were 4 and all enjoyed their entrees. Service was excellent. Included salad seemed skimpy. Veal dishes were were very good. Rollatini was a bit salty.Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 5/2/2014Food is great very romantic restaurant service was great very nice bar sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LanieDined on 4/30/2014Great Italian fare. Excellent whole fish Good service and wait staffSpecial Features:
- Always consistently good.CharlieVIPDined on 4/20/2014The special yellow tail snapper baked in a salt covering is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in BocaKageyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great food and service, host Sal is very friendly.Special Features:
- SuperbdeliciousDined on 4/10/2014I introduced 2 friends to La Villetta who both gave it big "thumbs up". The wine list is varied and excellent. We were able to split a half order of papardelle with mushrooms as an appetizer which we all thoroughly loved. I enjoyed the fish baked in salt crust as my entree. Service was a bit slow due to some obnoxious guest, but attentive as far as we were concerned.Special Features:
- Poor in attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2014Poor in attentive service and long waits for each course--- over an hour to be served the main course. Very, very noisy Food was good but there are other Italien restaurants with better service and less noise.
- It's always goodTB00VIPDined on 3/28/2014We are regulars. It's a great neighborhood place. The food is always delish and the service is very attentive. Capilini with anchovy & garlic is outstanding and we love the berry tart. I will say I like the bar area better than the dining room. It's quieter and there are less large groups. The dining room was really loud on our last visit.Special Features:
- Excellent food service andKeithDined on 3/27/2014Excellent food service and ambience! Owner is very friendly and Coco is a great server. He's worked there 21years and it shows! Will definitely be back. Veal chop and ravioli and bruschetta were delish!!Special Features:
- Always Excellent!TonyVIPDined on 3/14/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We especially like the Baked Whole Snapper which is their specialty. Always perfectly cooked, fresh and delicious. Their food is outstanding. You need to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPOINTEDnamajanVIPDined on 3/9/2014We eat at La Villetta lots. Last night 4 were there, & made to wait for table that was fully set up and for over 10 minutes, with a reservation. I don't mind waiting, but when it is ready, that is not called for. There was another table that was orig. for 6, and broken down 3 different times between 4 & 6 people. The GM really has an attitude problem.. After we were finally seated. The window table was again broken down and ended up having 2 people sit there. Secondly we ordered their fish special, which the waiter came back and told us about 20 minutes later that they were sold out of it. Not happy, Big complaint, People came in after us and were served way before us. Won't be going back to be treated that way.
- Great food with lots of noise.MelsCoinsVIPDined on 3/8/2014La Villetta had great food but was very noisy. The veal dishes were excellent. The special lasagna was very good too. Wine list was extensive and somewhat expensive. However, a more reasonable red sauvingon was enjoyable. Service was excellent and a salad is included with all entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodModesVIPDined on 3/5/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDickDined on 3/2/2014Just a magnificent restaurant for anyone's who appreciates real Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Not a place to goJeffsabendDined on 3/1/2014The reservation was homered. From start to finish the food was very blah. There are great restaurants in Boca and Delray this is not one of them.
- Best Italian in BocaKageyVIPDined on 2/27/2014Great as usual, best mood in Boca, prices not to bad also.Special Features:
- Neighborhood spot with amazing foodTB00VIPDined on 2/26/2014Service and food are excellent here. It's definitely a neighborhood style restaurant with lots of colorful locals. Pasta, fish, clams, dessert---I don't think I've had anything bad here. The clams in white wine, tri-colore salad and yellowfin are standouts. Also the homemade ricotta cheesecake and berry tart are scrumptious. Waitstaff is attentive and polite. Owner is usually around and assures that you are having a wonderful experience. We brought our houseguest who had a marvelous time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish lover's dreambarbaraDined on 2/26/2014the specialty seafood item, yellowtail snapper baked in salt, is absolutely the best we have ever had. Nothing compares to this dish. Three of four of our group ordered this and everyone is a repeat customer. Some day maybe I'll try another dish, but maybe not. Why not stick with something you know you will never be sorry about. Every time it is a winner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant.MariclayDined on 2/22/2014Good Italian restaurant. Excellent food. A little pricey. Didn't like the table they reserved or us, but they changed it to our satisfaction. Excellent waiter and service. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The service, food and ambiance are just plain outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good as usualMarvinVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was very good as usual but the service was not up to par due to the large crowd that they had that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical southern ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014I guess this is not the place to go for Valentine's dinner.Usually there are a lot of couples, this restaurant had large groups and judging from the crowd, they stopped celebrating years ago. Its a very nice place and the food was good and the service was too. Very busy with waiters and bus boys running around,almost bumping into one another. I think, it's because the different rooms for dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.