La Villa Restaurant – Lunch, Brunch and Special Events at Philbrook Museum
2727 South Rockford Road Rd.
Tulsa, OK 74114Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
La Villa Restaurant – Lunch, Brunch and Special Events at Philbrook Museum
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.philbrook.org/
- Phone: 9187485367
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: For private events only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Franz Romer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater on premise as well as off premise. We can do events for as few as 10 guests in a private home or 1,000,000 in the appropriate venue. For more information please call the museum and ask for Kristi Kovnas.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available to rent for hosted luncheons that can accommodate up to 80 guests. To book please call the museum and ask for Diane Shen.
- Private Party Contact: Diane Shen 9187485399
A word from La Villa Restaurant – Lunch, Brunch and Special Events at Philbrook Museum
Enjoy lunch throughout the week at the beautiful la Villa Restaurant located inside the Philbrook Museum, or treat yourself and guests to the incredible Sunday Brunch voted Best of the Best in OKlahoma Magazine year after year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
La Villa Restaurant – Lunch, Brunch and Special Events at Philbrook Museum - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
La Villa Restaurant – Lunch, Brunch and Special Events at Philbrook Museum reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (42)great for lunch (37)scenic view (33)special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- EventseekerDined on 10/12/2014Experience was overall one of the best brunch events I have ever attended, the museum was outstanding and the food and staff at the restaurant was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl TimegirltimeDined on 10/8/2014It's perfect for catching up with friends while eating delicious food! It's relaxing and soothing!Special Features:
- perfect brunchmanduspatz1971Dined on 10/5/2014was a perfect sunday at La Villa, great Brunch and perfect ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La VillaBernieDined on 9/21/2014I have been many times and plan to return often. Great all the way aroundSpecial Features:
- Love La Villa!KraggsDined on 9/21/2014Their brunch is outstanding! Love being in Philbrook, of course. The wait staff is great AND fun😃 My boyfriend and I are pretty silly wherever we go, and one of the girls took a fun picture of him. Other diners enjoyed the 'unusual' entertainment. Thanks for a great brunch and time👏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Brunch in Tulsa4eatingoutDined on 9/21/2014We have had Sunday brunch at LaVilla several times now. It is always a treat. Its the best brunch in Tulsa with the broadest selection of top notch food, service and view.Special Features:
- jundorVIPDined on 9/19/2014We asked to be seated inside. we were seated outside. Sean our waiter realized that we were unhappy. He moved us inside and made sure we were taken care of.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experienceAllenDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I enjoy having brunch every year on are anniversary and her birthday which fall on the same day. We both enjoyed it so much this year that we plan on coming back for several different occasions in the future. The food is delicious, the atmosphere great and the ambiance very romantic. The La Villa is truly the finest dining experience in Tulsa or any other place I've ever travelled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchDowntownerDined on 9/7/2014We went to La Villa for the Sunday Brunch and were very pleased. We had a great table near the window and good service. The buffet is magnificent. I highly recommend the waffles. The omelet chef was also kind enough to allow us to nab some ingredients from other areas of the buffet to put into our omelet. La Villa is perfect for bringing family or friends who are visiting as you receive a discount on museum admission with your brunch. Full disclosure - we are museum members and highly recommend that people take full advantage of the many benefits of being a member (such as 10% off in La Villa)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villa is for lunchchap621VIPDined on 9/6/2014Villa is the best lunch-only place in Tulsa. The service is good, and food always inventive and dellicious. Since lunch is their only meal service, they do it well, with a varied menu for every pocketbook and need. I've never had a bad meal or dish there. They need to expand the wine selection a little, and watch price. The vinyards tend to be "boutique," unknown wines, and the per-glass price is too high to sample many. They are very middle of the road (a Tulsa restaurant normal). Sunday brunch is always the height of the week in service, food quality, and selection.Special Features:
- Unbelievable BrunchntmarshDined on 8/31/2014We were pleasantly surprised on our first visit to La Villa for their Sunday brunch. The food was outstanding and was constantly being replaced so it was always fresh. In addition there was a fair amount of selection so whether your a vegetarian, seafood lover, or all about some good beef, you will have an extensive array of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great artistic diningChiefs1970Dined on 8/26/2014La Villa Restaurant offers a very nice dining experience with an imaginative menu and wonderful service. We were offered a choice of two soups, asparagus or butter squash. I had the butter squash along with a sandwich. Soup was the best I have had at La Villa and my three friends agreed. A plus for La Villa is that they take reservations. I highly recommend seeing the exhibit by Monet as it was also a great collection from across the country as well as the paintings in the Philbrook collection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Our Tulsa BestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Somehow our reservation from Open Table was double booked so we had to wait over a half hour for our table. The presentation of the food was beautiful, there was abundant food, and the ambiance was superb. However, with the exception of the desserts, the food was mediocre at best. The made-to-order omelette was very dry. The brie was spongey and not the creamy consistency we are accustomed. And although the other entrees looked gorgeous, we found them tasteless and bland. The champagne was not chilled properly. The desserts were exquisite. Quite a disappointment all-in-all.
- Very enjoyable experienceSueHDined on 8/21/2014I and a friend visited the Monet exhibition and included lunch as part of our fun day at Philbrook. The food was delicious, especially the orzo side dish, of which we kept trying to identify flavors/ingredients. Definitely would recommend to others as a relaxing, lovely place to have an excellent lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniDined on 8/17/2014We went for the first time. We had the buffet. The food was excellent, fresh and hot and a plentiful variety. The service was excellent. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Everything was very good. The only disappointment was that we only had three entrees to select from. However, the two we had were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in a great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Recommend a reservation. Sunday brunch has a new location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva LaVilla!cuttysharpDined on 8/2/2014We travelled from Oklahoma City to Tulsa to view the Monet Exhibit at Philbrook Museum of Art. Whenever we visit Tulsa we make it a point to arrange our schedule to have lunch or brunch at LaVilla Restaurant. The beautiful setting with the expansive views of the formal gardens of Philbrook is only surpassed by its' excellent service and high quality food. Our table enjoyed the spinach/bacon quiche, an excellent crab cake salad with three generous crab cakes with a wonderful creamy sauce, and a spinach salad with blackened chicken, pecans,and feta cheese. After a fine meal at LaVilla, as a bonus, you also have the opportunity to tour one of the finest art museums in the country.Special Features:
- LunchLynnDined on 7/31/2014The seating was appropriate, waiter helpful, and the food delicious. I would not recommend using Open Table for reservations though. It was not easy to add more to our table after the time and number had been set. When at the restaurant at the appointed time, it was obvious we could have added members to our party. Otherwise, everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionKraggsDined on 7/27/2014The food was presented beautifully. Everything we ate was wonderful, and the staff was very professional and efficient. A very lovely restaurant, in our beautiful Philbrook Museum. Most definitely, will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more from PhilbrookTulsafoodie411Dined on 7/27/2014Other than location inside a wonderful museum and the oysters on the half-shell and smoked salmon, the buffet was not any better than any low-budget all you can eat buffets that serve white biscuits and white gravy. There were NO speciality breads, only stale white-flour bagels cut in 1/4ths. Their cheese display was nice and I particularly enjoyed the blue cheese, but the crackers were tasteless and bland. Again, NO artisian bread to break on Sunday morning. We thought the desserts may have been purchased from a box store-instead of cream puffs we were hoping for something more special. The buffet was $28.16 including tax. The waiter chitchatted with us at the end for a few minutes so we gave him a nice tip even though we served ourselves.
- ffxdinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had lunch with 2 others. It was a beautiful setting since it's in the Philbrook Museum. The food was good. I had the duo salad. The chicken salad is one half of the item & was delicious. Our waitress initially was very attentive but seemed to forget us. We had to wait to get our bill. Then after giving our credit card for payment, she just didn't come back. We had to get another employee to find her. This was my first time there. I would go back & hope that the service would be fine.Special Features:
- Good Food, OK ServiceTulsaEventPlannerDined on 7/15/2014Elegant surroundings and classical music played. Garden views worth the reservation alone. Was a group of 8 and we all greatly enjoyed our meals. Suggestions would be newer, cleaner carpet and wait staff who come over at least ONCE and ask how you are.Special Features:
- Best Tulsa brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great food, nice ambience, amazing brunch. This is the best brunch for the money in Tulsa.Special Features:
- Saturday at La Villa - PhilbrookgeneralwestDined on 7/12/2014We had lunch there on a Saturday. They brought us all the water we wanted, since we'd been walking in the gardens outside on a hot humid day and needed it. Their menu was good, we had a salad with salmon and a club sandwich. We also got a delicious piece of lemon cake. The service was excellent, the tables looked outside. Some people ate outside, but we wanted to stay indoors. We had a great time, and was so glad this restaurant was on-site, since we were at the museum all day and needed refreshments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We were there a lot longer than we wanted to be. It took Half an hour for the food to arrive and the restaurant was half empty! It took another 20 min. to get the check settled. The food was fine but we spent almost an hour and a half for lunch!Special Features:
- Amazing view, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014The brunch was highly recommended to me. The scenery was spectacular, as promised, and looking out the large glass windows was the highlight of the experience. However, the food, overall, wasn't wonderful. It looked like it had been sitting for awhile as it was mostly dried out. The flavors were good, but it was hard to get past the "old" food quality. In fact, when I cut into the muffin it was hard. I could only get a reservation for 1:00 so that might have contributed. The one highlight, though dry, was the Jerk Chicken - the flavors were excellent and I would go back for lunch to see if I could get fresher. The staff was friendly, but I had to ask for refills on my ice tea every time and they cleared my place while I was at the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vrichDined on 7/6/2014Excellent brunch experience. The lunch menu could use one or two more "man-friendly" dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014My husband and I ate here for brunch during the Fourth holiday weekend. It was delicious! There was a wonderful variety of selections, ranging from traditional breakfast items of bacon and waffles to savory lunch selections of beef tenderloin with feta and spinach and a crab boil! There was a great selection of cold seafood too-shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, oysters and clams. Everything was delicious and our value for the money was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monet lunchTexanInTulsaDined on 7/1/2014They were terribly busy when we went the other day for lunch. All in all, it was a lovely experience. It looks like their kitchen may have been a little stressed though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the La Villa Restaurant – Lunch, Brunch and Special Events at Philbrook Museum reviews archive.
- Disappointing3southernladiesDined on 6/22/2014I brought two out of town friends for Sunday brunch. Due to our schedules, we had a fairly late reservation (1:30..brunch ends at 2:30). The buffet selections looked picked over. The only bread offerings to go with Brie and other spreads were a few mini bagels. One friend had to ask for some bread to go with the cheeses. Although my friends did not say anything, I could tell they were disappointed in the brunch as was I. The setting is spectacular and our walk around the museum and grounds somewhat made up for the less than satisfactory meal. Philbrook is one of our cultural gems. The food should match the setting. It did not,Special Features:
- La Villa Sunday Brunch ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Very well organized and attentive staff and servers. The young lady cooking the omelettes was really good at her 'chef' duties and very congenial. Wait staff and receptionists the best. Absolutely must have reservations if you wish to sit inside with air conditioning. If no reservation, you almost always end up on the outside patio, which is very nice but can be hot and windy. Food is very high quality and the chefs to be congratulated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day brunch. Beautiful setting. Very attentive wait staff. Menu was varied and plentiful. Very pleasant experience. Would done there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for brunch...chefmimiDined on 6/8/2014The Villa, located at the Philbrook Museum, is in a beautiful setting, with large windows for views of the pretty museum. I've only been twice for brunch, and have been disappointed, for the most part, with the food. It is a buffet, and the chilled or room temperature foods are wonderful - there was a baked brie, a variety of cheeses, although none unique, a couple of hummuses, two cheese balls, good shrimp, oysters, and a hot-smoked salmon. There were also some interesting salads; the two that I tried were good. The issue I have is the hot food. I never ended up eating anything that was hot. Everything was terribly overcooked, from the eggs to the meats. Buffets are challenging.Special Features:
- Surprise Discoveryfoundagood1Dined on 6/8/2014We were quite surprised and pleased to find such a nice restaurant at the Museum. Fortunately, we decided to try it for Sunday Brunch, and it was awesome.....good food, good service, excellent atmosphere, outstanding view. Everyone at the Philbrook was courteous, helpful, and delightful to deal with. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They serve THAT at Philbrook?FarnsnarkleDined on 5/18/2014We celebrated a birthday at Sunday brunch this week and were delighted at the revamped buffet! Oysters on the half shell. Plump, juicy boiled shrimp. A salad bar so good it could have been the entire lunch. The wait staff was wonderful: attentive, but not pestering; immediately took care of a special diet need. I would highly recommend Philbrook, especially if you haven't been for a while. What a delightful surprise!Special Features:
- great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The only drawback is the size of the restaurant and the tight scheduling of reservations. At times you may be waiting for people to leave your table.. or you may be pressured to leave to make room for the next reservation. They are very polite and courteous, overall a great place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceIrishloverDined on 5/10/2014To make the experience of the Philbrook even better, you should take a break for lunch at the restaurant. Outdoor dining is available, but with the Oklahoma wind, it is just a good dining experience in doors with a wonderful view if you get window seating. (Try or have them move the table away from the two post in the room that could obstruct your view. Children were treated as other guest and not look upon as intrusions to the dining experience.Special Features:
- DisappointmentigordebussyDined on 5/10/2014Was there on Saturday for Mothers' Day Brunch, not realizing they didn't offer it on Saturday. After experiencing the Sunday brunch and the excellent wait staff, it was a rather big letdown to be there on Saturday. Very slow service--we waited at least 20 minutes for our desserts to arrive. How long does it take to cut some carrot cake, cheese cake, etc.? The sweet potato waffle fries were burnt also. Coffee was luke warm, not hot. I am sorry for this review, but I had 2 previous wonderful experiences there. This one wasn't even good, in my opinion, for the money we paid.Special Features:
- Best lunch in eastern Oklahomachap621VIPDined on 5/8/2014I'm a regular at Villa, which is lunch-only, plus the best Sunday brunch in eastern Oklahoma. The restaurant is beautiful, always pristine, and the view of Philbrook gardens is lovely. The menu has good variety, it is not expensive, and the food is carefully prepared, always delicious. The staff work hard to serve well, and do.Special Features: