La Villa Mexican Grille
4101 Skippack Pike
PO Box 120
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Villa Mexican Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavillamexicangrille.com/
- Phone: 4849918085
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Rene Zepeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from La Villa Mexican Grille
Chef Rene's La Villa Mexican Grille is dedicated to bringing you the sensory experience that is a fusion of the contemporary Mediterranean cuisine flavored with the old world traditions of Mexico. At La Villa Mexican Grille, we are committed to making every meal a savory culinary experienceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Villa Mexican Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Mole sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2014Very good Mexican food. I was pleasantly surprised as I bought a GroupOn and didn't expect much. But I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just need to refine the processStunaDined on 4/26/2014I think they are attempting to be an upscale Mexican restaurant but are missing the mark. The salsa was very watered down, it actually tasted like tomato juice that had some onions and jalapenos diced into it. My pork was so over-cooked you couldn't tell what it was. My wifes shrimp diablo had zero flavor. If you are going to call something diablo have a little punch, but this didn't even have a poke. The drinks were not worth the money either especially when there are so many good bars in town. I wouldn't recommend this place for Mexican there are plenty of places in driving distance that will give you a much better meal for the same money.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Great food...great margaritas...super fun waiter! What a cute restaurant! Looking forward to going back and sitting outside this summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleTrevorLanisterDined on 4/25/2014Left after 40 minutes and not even our appetizer was out. Other tables had their entrees, we go nothing. Waiter could give no real story of why we were not getting our food. No effort to try and make things better. What a mess.
- Perfect MexicanYumYumDined on 3/9/2014First time at this restaurant and will definitely be back. Food was amazing and could tell was created from scratch. The service was excellent and we even got a visit from the Chef who made sure we liked our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service great foodWilkesBarreVIPDined on 3/7/2014We went there for date night. Made reservation was seated right away. Food was great. Waitress explained menu and was very helpful. Will go back again.Special Features:
- DinnerJakeDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I like to dine in restaurants that the noise level isn't really loud and We experienced that it was very intimate and food excellent The Only negative was the food could be hotterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!j187nyDined on 2/15/2014This is one of the best, most authentic Mexican restaurant I've been to in a very long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never acknowledgedDa94Dined on 2/14/2014Went with my fiancé and we showed up at 6:55 for a 7 PM reservation along with 6 other couples. We waited until 7:35, no one acknowledged us.
- We might as well of had nofrustratedDined on 2/14/2014We might as well of had no reservations. 5 couples showed up at 7, No one came to talk to us. We all waited for 85 plus minutes. I don't think they take reservations. We all booked on open table. Will never again use that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Valentines Day ExperienceBrianDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation two weeks in advance at La Villa through Open Table for 7pm on Valentines Day. We showed up at 6:55 and all the tables were full and there were four groups in front of us. Three more arrived after us - all with reservations at 7pm made through Open Table. The place is small and clearly they over estimated the number of tables available for reservations. Worse, no one took control of the situation or apologized or managed who would get seated next. One group of 4 with reservations at 7:30 rudely accepted a table because a table for 4 was available and everyone else was waiting for a table for 2. But the table for 4 was 2 small tables pushed together. It was completely mis-managed. Not sure we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant, but great food!MelissaDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant is just a small house, but the food is outstanding. The staff is friendly enough, but we were not even acknowledged standing in the doorway for at least 10 minutes. The staff walked by a bunch of times, but not even a "Welcome to the restaurant!" We had reservations, but it did not appear to matter, we waited in line with everyone else. The food was so good, I think we would go back, maybe on a less crowded day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2014The food at La Villa Mexican Grille was top notch and the portions were the perfect size. The service, however, was lackluster. We arrived at 6:30 with a reservation for 4 on a Friday night, and were seated right away. We wanted drinks but there was no drink menu, so we took a guess. Then we sat. And sat. And sat. Finally we got some chips and salsa. We had to ask for water, even though we had been sitting for an hour with empty water glasses. Once we finished the chips we had to grab our waitress to order. This was all fine for us, as we were looking for somewhere to have a leisurely night, but if you're in a hurry go somewhere else. Our dinner took 3 hours. I would definitely go back if wanted to have an evening out with friends talking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual & cuteBetterthancookingDined on 1/25/2014Staff was extremely accommodating. Nice atmosphere really enjoyed the guacamole with shrimp. Very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outpyppi28Dined on 1/18/2014This was a perfect venue to have a drink and some apps prior to doing the skippack bar tourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place & nice people but..HarleysvilleDined on 10/19/2013Three out of four of us liked our meals. The wait staff was wonderful and the restaurant very tastefully decorated. Too bad my food wasn't as impressive. The food was cold and the chicken was dried out. Portons were very small. I went away hungry. If they can work on the quality of the food this will be a wonderful place to revisit.
- I made reservations and whenMaureenDined on 10/18/2013I made reservations and when we arrived was told there would be a 20 minute wait. The hostess then found a table after we voiced our complaint and presented with a non caring attitude. Our waitress was helpful and polite. Be prepared for a leisurely dinner with minimal checking in from your waitress. The food looked delicious; however we were disappointed by its lack of flavor....especially for a Mexican restaurant .
- Food was average and but presented.DoBoVIPDined on 8/24/2013Food was average and but presented. No air conditioning and it is still summer. This place is a good example how food and service are not on the same pageSpecial Features:
- Pleasant surprise. Nice littleSheilaDined on 6/22/2013Pleasant surprise. Nice little place right in heart of Skippack Village. Good food and margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, cute small placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013I have here 3 times and have had great food each time. Loved the grouper! Cute bright orange interior. Prices have gone up a bit, but are comparable to other Skippack places. Wish they pulled their bar selection together.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2013I love sitting outside, great little patio, food was good. Servers were very niceSpecial Features:
- Geat place for Cinco de MayoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2013Went here on a last minute reservation for Cinco de Mayo and had a great time. Two younger eaters along but all was well. The food was great especially the fresh chips and made on premise salsa. The mussel app was outstanding. Good beer selection complementary for the food. Service was a little slow but the wait staff was very accomodating (especially for my youngest who is slighly picky about her burritos). We would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Reservation not honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013We had made reservations for 7:15 p.m. on a Saturday night and were assured by staff at the restaurant that they could accommodate our party. When we arrived, we were given many excuses for our table not being ready (i.e. they were clearing the table, they were setting the table, they were waiting for 2 parties to leave, they were waiting for a party of 14 to leave). They did not seat us to 8:30 p.m. We were not offered any appetizers, drinks, or desserts and no discount. In fact, the restaurant's hostess seemed to suggest that this was my fault for adding two additional people to the reservation (6 to 8), even though when I called the restaurant they said it was no problem. After waiting all of that time, the food came out luke warm.
- Check it outquatrodemayoDined on 5/4/2013We had a decent meal. A printed drinks list would be helpful. Would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the complementary chipsTennisgirlDined on 4/12/2013Loved the complementary chips and salsa. Menu was interesting and varied, but overpriced.
- Outstanding and very differentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Outstanding and very different Mexican style food. Scallops were amazing. Appetizers delish. They have a liquor permit now so expect $7 per drink. Salad was a bit salty. We will go again!Special Features:
- Food excellent. Service not so muchlisalouDined on 4/6/2013We were excited to try La Villa as there are not a lot of Mexican restaurants in our area. Sadly, it would not turn out as we hoped. While the food was very good, the service was greatly lacking. We did get seated quickly when we arrived, but we had to ask 2-4 times for chips and salsa prior to ordering dinner and then after we had ordered when nothing had come, a side of guacamole which had been ordered to go with our meal, and our check, which took almost 30 minutes after we asked. Luckily, we were not in a rush to go, but it was annoying nonetheless. While we enjoyed our meals, we think we will wait for them to get through any growing pains before trying them again.Special Features:
- All of our selections wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2013All of our selections were delicious and attractively prepared. Service was efficient, and the Margaritas were delicious and generous. This restaurant is a perfect addition to Skippack.Special Features:
- Average food, very small,ChrisJDined on 3/9/2013Average food, very small, margaritas were highly priced with little if any alcoholSpecial Features:
- The presentation of the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The presentation of the food was excellent! Unfortunately it was extremely bland and tasteless. This was my second visit and I will not be returning.
- So-sooverbookedVIPDined on 2/23/2013Food was just "ok" ... Server was quite scattered and bar is a joke. Would rather save the calories and money for a better experience.
- Not What We Were Looking ForBretVIPDined on 2/22/2013We visited here after hearing some favorable comments hoping to find authentic Mexican fare. This restaurant didn't do it for us. We were promptly seated soon after we arrived and greeted by our friendly, helpful server. Our margaritas were delightful and plentiful. The nachos were also very good with the shredded beef topping and not excessively gloppy. Our entrees though, were disappointing. The enchiladas were uninspired and swimming in mole sauce. They were accompanied by a side of tasteless beans. We are still on the hunt for some real Mexican food.
- Food was good, but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Food was good, but overpriced. Tables are too small and close together.
- Husband and I had the guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Husband and I had the guacamole and grilled shrimp appetizer. The shrimp were jumbo and grilled perfectly. The guac was fresh and yummy. The portion was huge. Dinners were both seafood - one grouper, one salmon. Once again both were cooked perfectly and the seasonings right on. Great little spot.Special Features:
- The margaritas were weak,bmja69Dined on 1/17/2013The margaritas were weak, the tortilla soup was bland but the rest of the food was very good.Special Features:
- Cute little place with veryContessa55VIPDined on 1/13/2013Cute little place with very good Mexican food. Good margaritas too. Service was excellent as well.
- In our own backyard- who knew??OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012We were looking for a place to dine on Mexican food and found this on Open Table. We literally live a few miles away but had not heard of it so made a last-minute reservation on a Sunday night. From the outside, it's very unassuming especially in winter with the patio area closed. Inside, it's very welcoming and authentic, bright and soothing at the same time. The food is the star here- authentic Mexican dishes along with fresh seafood. The shrimp and guacamole special along with the mussel appetizer are unexpectedly delightful. You will not be disappointed and there's a great selection of beer to go along with the great dishes!Special Features:
- The restauarant offers bothMyziggy18Dined on 12/17/2012The restauarant offers both a traditional take on Mexican food, for those who like what they're comfortable with, but it also has some unique dishes for those who like to explore something different. Would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, combinedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Great atmosphere, combined with excellent Mexican dining!Special Features: