La Villa Bistro and Pizzeria
3762 Shelburne Rd
Shelburne, VT 05482Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Villa Bistro and Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavillabistro.com/
- Phone: (802) 985-2596
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Mannix
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From ten to 200. Near or far. Your gathering will be delicious, affordable and well presented. We don't miss a thing!
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for parties up to 30. Custom menus, rehearsal dinners, banquets, birthdays and corporate meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Spell 8022385599x
A word from La Villa Bistro and Pizzeria
La Villa is a small owner operated restaurant serving locals and tourists for more than fifteen years in Shelburne Vermont. All of our food is hand crafted and made to order with as many local and farm fresh ingredients as possible. Panninis, fresh salads. Dinner options include day boat ocean fish, local veal, pork and beef and made to order pasta dishes. All this accompanied by our award winning wine list. We can't wait to serve you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Villa Bistro and Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Shelburne, VT ›
La Villa Bistro and Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- LovelyCharlotterDined on 11/15/2014It is great to be able to have conversation and sharing with a friend without having to shout or feel that the table next to us is in our conversation. Atmosphere is lovely and relaxed at the same time. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. Food is good and there are diverse options to meet all needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to enjoy a decent mealShawnieMacDined on 10/31/2014This is one of our favorite places for a date day lunch... but this time the food was not as good as it usually is. The Caesar Salad dressing was terribly watery and not very appealing. But the pasta was excellent and the truffle fries are amazing. Overall... this is a great little hidden gem for good pasta and pizza... but probably not a great idea for a salad! Looking forward to our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an Anniversary Dinner!4urdinningpleasureDined on 10/4/2014We took my parents here for their 40th Anniversary dinner and it was perfect for the occasion with a party of 7!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaucesebjlbvtDined on 9/26/2014The pasta sauce was excellent without the overpowering taste of garlic which is present in many competitors sauces. Our server (Alexis) was very efficient and pleasant often commenting on the positive attributes of the meal choices that our foursome made. The meal was served in a timely manner but we did not feel rushed. Although the overall ambiance could be improved, I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to enjoy an Italian meal that is well prepared and at a fair price.Special Features:
- Not just a pizza place!eatdessert1stDined on 9/19/2014We had a party of 12 easily accommodated in the back room. The menu is diverse making it very easy for all 12 of us to find entrees we loved, salads for those not as hungry, and a friendly, helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Villa BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent and served hot. The waitstaff was very helpful. Nice variety menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best nightVTMaineiacsDined on 9/11/2014We were the last table seated on a very busy night, fair enough. Michael, the server was very efficient in light of the load of tables he was handling. Gorgonzola Flatbread was limp and rubbery. Shrimp with herbs pasta dish very bland. Large Toasted Blue Pizza was limp, bland and unappealing. Two bottles of Seghesio Zin at $45 each saved the meal experience. We dine here fairly regularly and went this time to turn family onto La Villa. Bummer.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, decent wine list and great beer choices. Service was very good. A local gem and one of our go to places for any occasion, small or large group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the La Villa Bistro and Pizzeria reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Made a night of it to see a favorite local band (Deja-Nous) not knowing what to expect for dinner. We had a tough time deciding on a dish, as everything sounded so delicious. No one was disappointed! Salads were wonderful and creative, entrees were delicious and plenty to take home and enjoy the next day. The Brussel sprouts were the best ever. Great service, and of course the music was great too. Look forward to the next visit. Thank you.Special Features:
- Dinner at La Villa Bistro!SATXBobDined on 7/17/2014In South Burlington to attend a wedding and Used Open Table app to locate a restaurant that could seat our party of 20. We all love Italian cuisine and were happy to see La Villa Bistro could take our Thursday night reservation. After arriving we were delighted to find ourselves seated in their private dining area. Lauren our server was a gem--very cheerful, patient and accommodating throughout the evening. The food was delicious, with everyone loving their choice of entrée and, after Lauren helped us take group photos, we left happy & contented. My wife and I look forward to our next visit so we can treat ourselves at La Villa!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great food, okay service.FoodDined on 7/14/2014It was really good food, I think they should hire more waitress/waiters. But the service was still good. The waitress had an amazing personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ECBKingVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food and service is always good. This is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Good Food, very slow serviceeatingwellinVTVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have eaten at La Villa a few times in the past year since moving nearby. The service is often somewhat on the slow side, but we have always accepted that due to the quality of the food. Our last visit was disappointing. We were seated on time for our reservation, but it was 25 minutes after being seated before we saw our server. Once we finally ordered, it took 35 minutes for our food to arrive (3 people) and we were not checked back on until our food was gone - no chance to order another drink. I'm guessing that everyone arrived at one time that night and overwhelmed the staff. The server was apologetic. I'm also guessing that at least one server didn't show up for work that night. Fortunately the food was yummy as ever.Special Features:
- All around great placeFandamDined on 5/11/2014Great dining, reasonable prices, wonderful atmosphere. Online reservations a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true neighborhood gem....diningoutdivaDined on 3/22/2014It was our first visit. We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal: good service, friendly and relaxed ambiance, fresh flowers, candles, and excellent, delicious food. We will definitely return and would take out-of-town friends when they visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the live music whileOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2014Enjoyed the live music while having a great dinner. Didn't seem to have enough servers for a busy night, but the personalities of those who were there helped make up for that issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remote, but niceglobetrotterVIPDined on 2/19/2014A bit off the beaten path, hidden a strip mall on the west side of the road. Drove by twice before we saw it, but glad we did. Was a bit disappointed that the didn't have Italian beers, but the local beer was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2014It's a casual atmosphere, and has good Italian-style food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is cute, tablesmomofthreeDined on 2/7/2014The place is cute, tables are a little too close for comfort which makes it loud. We could hear all the conversations around us clear as a bell which made it difficult to carry one on ourselves. Garden salad and beet salad were great, nice and fresh. Veggie pizza was ok. Waiter was very pleasant but it took awhile for our food and he forgot about the beet salad until I mentioned it. I'd give it another try and order something different because the dishes around us looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodShawnieMacDined on 2/6/2014Fantastic food... everything made from scratch for each dinner ordered and you can taste the care they put into it. Will be back again and again!Special Features:
- Great Service, but . . .AerynDined on 2/1/2014This was our first visit. We were a group of four. The service was excellent. The wine was excellent. Dessert was yummy! The food, from the appetizers through the main course, was just OK. Not bad, but nothing special. We all agreed that we had experienced better at other, less expensive, establishments.Special Features:
- Will come backADKRDined on 1/7/2014Full meal from appetizers to dessert.. The whitefish cakes were well prepared, light and tasty. The flat bread was a meal of itself. Roasted pear and Gorgonzola salad - fresh, a nice blend of smokey tastes. The scallops and shrimp risotto was well spiced. There were 4 shrimp a little over done and 2 large scallops that left us wanting more. Fettuccine bolognese was large and seasoned nicely. Flank steak was surrounded by roasted veggies. It was tough, thickly sliced, and sliced in the wrong direction for flank steak. We mentioned this to the waiter and he promptly comped us a dessert (we did not ask for this). The creme brulee and tiramisu were just right to end the meal. Wine suggestions were appreciated and there were many selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013Went for my Gf's birthday and she LOVES food, so right away was worried about her as she's picky with what she eats. Right off the bat the food was amazing, the choices were perfect, and the wine list was very good. Lot of locals there and i believe the owner was there eating as well, and was speaking with customers and helping out staff. Our waitress was very attentive, and very good (gave her a great tip as well!). The only thing that may be improved is the seating is a little close, however not overly bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Tight QuartersVTWingManDined on 11/15/2013The food was very good, but for the price I would have expected a little more of a fine dining experience. It was like eating a meal from a fine dining establishment while sitting in a fast food restaurant. The person at the table next to us was so close that we were practically touching them, which made it rather uncomfortable. We didn't stay for dessert because we thought we'd go where we had a little more space. That being said, the food was well prepared and the staff was pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely evening!BarbaraDined on 10/18/2013Wonderful ambiance with lovely, soft jazz and classic music tracks in background; candlelit tables. Excellent food; very fresh and well prepared with local foods -- we've had wonderful meals every time we've visited, and will continue to come. I believe it was the owner who served us, and he was attentive without being intrusive. We love the restaurant, and will return whenever we're in Burlington to visit our daughter. Thanks for another lovely meal, La Villa!Special Features:
- TastypbswimmerDined on 10/18/2013The service was excellent and the food was very good. Fresh, perfectly cooked (al dente) pasta, but we all agree many of the items needed a bit more garlic.Special Features:
- We had great fish and ItalianvtkhDined on 9/23/2013We had great fish and Italian dishes. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Cute Quiet PlacebrandigirlDined on 9/11/2013The restaurant is small but nice, staff was very nice. Service was relaxed, we did not feel rushed at all. Apps and salads were very good, my husband enjoyed the wine. My dish was a bit bland but my husband liked his. We will go back as it was overall pretty good, ambience was nice and there are more dishes we would like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulGoochDined on 8/30/2013The Villa Bistro continues to be our favorite place for a dinner with friends and family. The food is great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locals spot... very good foodMattDined on 8/11/2013Stopped by while on vacation in area. We ordered the Salmon and home made pasta with near sauce. Food was excellent. Will be returning for another visit before we leave the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food at La VillaOut2eatDined on 8/9/2013We had a great dinner a La Villa with 3 generations of family... Calamari is done to perfection and the Shrimp and Scallop Risotto was a hit. We squeezed in coffee and dessert and the Creme Brule was the favorite!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Quiet EnoughCharlieDined on 7/6/2013La Billa Bistro and Pizzeria seems like a great place to go with friends; great food and a quiet enough atmosphere so that you can have a conversation. We didn't try the pizza, but all the dishes our party of five had were perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food at a moderate priceEatntellDined on 5/25/2013I have eaten at La Villa Bistro a few times when I have returned to VT to visit friends. It is one of those places that offers very good food at reasonable prices in a relaxed atmosphere that allows you to enjoy the company you are with.Special Features:
- Unexpected valuePeachfuzzVIPDined on 5/20/2013Found this place on a whim, and we were pleasantly surprised on how good the food was for the price we paid. We would have easily been willing to pay double for what we had and still be very impressed with the food. The locally sourced food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new Burlington area faveNoshmasterDined on 5/18/2013La Villa holds its own vs. anything in town. Great food and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemcafeloverDined on 5/18/2013This was our 2nd time at La Villa. The first time was for lunch and the second time was dinner. We were greeted warmly. The service was great. We had different entrees and pizza and everything was very tasty. I would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but extremely busymc01Dined on 5/11/2013The staff commented that it was unusually busy, and repeatedly apologized for the wait. We had reservations but there wasn't an open table for another 10 or 15 minutes. We heard them turn several people away without reservations (or they could wait 45 minutes.) They even ran out of napkins for a while due to the number of people that night. The food was very good, and didn't take that long once the order was finally placed. The waitstaff seemed very friendly, it just seemed like a very busy night (Saturday, Mother's Day weekend, maybe some colleges had graduations that day too?) I would definitely try it again, but would be certain to have reservations as it's not that large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at the VillaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Villa provides a wide range of menu choices and large quantities. A hearty meal is assured.Special Features:
- An off nightABEVTDined on 4/18/2013This place is always consistently good, but we sort of caught it on a bad night. There was live music and we were seated really close to the singer. The singer was good, but conversation was difficult. It was also full, so service was sporadic. The bill took that extra 10-15 minutes that drives you crazy. And even the food was just OK. The pizza crust was dry and the reliably good Brussel sprout side didn't have it's usual crunch. So it was a disappointing night at a usually solid spot.Special Features:
- We are always pleased whenGoochDined on 4/6/2013We are always pleased when we go tot La Villa Bistro. It is a wonderful neighbort restaurant. The food is always good and the service is greatSpecial Features: