La Vigna Restaurant & Bar
100-11 Metropolitan Avenue
Forest Hills, NY 11375Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Vigna Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavignany.com/
- Phone: 7182684264
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Vitale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: We will be accepting reservations on Thanksgiving Day until 6 p.m. Call to make reservations after 4 p.m.
A word from La Vigna Restaurant & Bar
Located on Metropolitan Avenue in Forest Hills, an upcoming Restaurant row is La Vigna Restaurant featuring Chef/Owner Giuseppe Vitale’s masterful interpretation of Italian cuisine. With the walls painted in the warm golden tones of an Italian villa and huge wood framed mirrors which expand the intimate space, it is perfect for smaller dinner parties. La Vigna also features a beautiful wooden bar with an excellent selection of Italian and Californian wines. Chef Vitale, born in Naples, was a chef for Lidia Bastianich for many years, learning the mastery of her techniques at Felidia, Becco and her original location in Forest Hills, Bona Via. La Vigna's cuisine combines the ingredients of traditional Italian home cooking with a sophisticated touch haute cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Vigna Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Forest Hills ›
La Vigna Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)romantic (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014Meet friends here all the time. Always a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing findfoodloverDined on 10/7/2014I needed a place to celebrate my 12th wedding anniversary, I found this place online, Decided to give it a try due to the reviews, they were right, awesome food, great service & perfect pricing. True Italian eatery . Will be goig back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La VignaJaxHerbachDined on 8/29/2014My husband, myself, and a friend recently went to La Vigna to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had just renewed our vows about an hour before and wanted somewhere neighborhood and easy to celebrate at. Everyone at La Vigna were very accommodating and they comped us processo to toast with. That was very generous of them. The food was yummy and the wine was good. We did not feel rushed and were seated a t a lovely round intimate table. I recommend this restaurant for special occasions or for casual dining as well. The key word is comfort here and that is what I like best.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience !!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Totally enjoyed Saturday evening.. dining @ La Vigna .....My Veal Chop was very tasty and tender. My friend also enjoyed her entree .Special Features:
- Excellent lunch menuRobertWVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had a family lunch, food was served hot and was excellent qualitySpecial Features:
- Amazing Food and AmbienceOzuoVIPDined on 7/26/2014Vigna is a neighborhood treasure; small, intimate and elegant. We were a party of 5 and they kept our table ready and waiting even though we ran late due to traffic. The food was very good. The Ribeye Steak was tender and well seasoned; The lasagna was very good; the pasta was not al dente enough but well seasoned. All in all, a great experience...I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At last a chance to cheerSixSigmaBBVIPDined on 7/12/2014I've eaten here for a couple of years now, but early/weeknight, no reservations, so no invitation to review on Open Table. My favorite neighborhood restaurant! Food superb, ambiance warm and welcoming, Anthony keeping an eye on everything....like eating in the home of a really good host with a great chef. For starters, Gilles, one of the waiters, makes the best Espresso martini around. The Caesar salad is in my top 5 in the city. Tons of specials, all wonderful...always hard to choose. I've never had a boring meal here. The tiramisu is top shelf. Last, it's not terrible on the budget. Only tiny complaint is that the side vegetables don't change. It's carrots&string beans and I'm allergic to string beans. Small sacrifice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the La Vigna Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Love this placeTheresaDined on 6/28/2014Consistently good all around, great staff and foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificearringDined on 6/20/2014wonderful food- especially red snapper in potato crust-service was excellent--it's also a very beautiful looking restaurant. would certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally FoundMonkeyjapanDined on 6/18/2014Good taste for Pre-Fix lunch menu, one disappointment was waiter. We already knew about menu, had a reservation, but he asked us about drink after dish. Pre-fix lunch include coffee service.... he should remember menu, its not so many....Special Features:
- Great but need staffHappyVIPDined on 6/5/2014This was my second time dining at this restaurant and I experienced the same thing. Small comfortable place, food was very good and the waiter was pleasant but the waiter does just about everything and you sit and wait and wait. Had a reservation, waited a while at front to be seated because the waiter was busy with other patrons and also was the host. We sat were given bread ordered drinks which the waiter also is the bartender and waited till those drinks were almost don't before seeing a menu. Not that we were in a rush, and there were a several other tables but I would hate to see what happens when the restaurant is very busy, like on weekend. Everyone very pleasant, food good but you wait too long and it's was noisySpecial Features:
- The maitre d' was very attentive.mhradeckyDined on 5/31/2014The maitre d' was very attentive. Our wine glasses were never empty. Our overall experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a GemMichaelMichaelMotorcycleDined on 5/25/2014My wife is always on the lookout for another great Italian restaurant. We're adventurous; it can be hit and miss. This place is a hit. We had no idea what to expect and this place exceeded our expectations easily. It's small but not too small. It's quiet and tastefully decorated. The service is attentive without being obtrusive. And the food is excellent. Period. Has everything we need. Oh, and they dont shove you into a small table just because you are only two people. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- La Vigna, Forest HillsViki922Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day and everything was fantastic. The good, the service. No rushing, portions are great. I highly recommend La Vigna for a dinner experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodKimMVIPDined on 5/4/2014We love coming here for the food, and beautiful wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnercourtcopDined on 4/18/2014My wife and I were going to the Billy Joel concert that night at MSG . So we needed a place close to the LIRR. We decided to go to La Vigna I had eaten there before with friends from work the food was good. We made plans to be there at 5:00 . My wife loved it didn't stop talking about the place all nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeDined on 4/12/2014exceptionally well prepared food - had the rack of lamb, --- hmmmmmm!!!!Special Features:
- Good ExperienceVilazogutDined on 3/23/2014Lunch was okay- nothing special. Food was okay at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Dining ExperienceJIMandDONNAVIPDined on 3/21/2014Excellent food and service. You are always treated like family. Exceptional homemade pasta dishes accentuate a vast array of delectable appetizers, salads, soups, main courses and desserts whether it be off the sizable menu or among the exquisite weekly specials that are offered. Their weekly email describing the specials gets your mouth watering even before your make your reservation (highly recommended on both Friday and Saturday nights). A true neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodFHDinerVIPDined on 3/21/2014Great service and food at reasonable prices. Large portions and generous glasses of wine make this a great place for a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSammyDined on 3/11/2014We celebrated my friends birthday and was blown away with the food , service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationAgent99skygirlDined on 2/26/2014We celebrated my sons 19 birthday at La Vigna. The food was spectacular and the service impeccable! The price fixe dinner of chicken Parmesan and salmon dishes were amazing. Plenty of food without being stuffed. Just like Roma! Grazie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Great service, and very good food. I'd come back again.Special Features:
- Great food, quick serviceromanticfoodDined on 2/14/2014Great food, quick service and were able to fulfill our requirements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming decor, lovely service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014Charming decor, lovely service. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forsharonVIPDined on 12/27/2013Just what I was looking for - good food, a place where we could have quiet conversation and not be rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La VignaRubyQVIPDined on 11/1/2013My husband and I go there quite often. The regular menu is wonderful but their specials are outstanding and always a nice surprise. I've never had a dish there that I didn't like. The service is always great and Anthony always gives us a warm welcome. This was the first time I used Open Table to make a reservation at La Vigna and it was a good thing I did. The place was jam packed that night. My husband and I expect to continue going there as often as we can and I will make sure to make my reservations through Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeDonNaDined on 10/30/2013Went there for my birthday, We decided to try the pre fixe, instead of the regular menu or specials. The food was delicious especially the eggplant rolitini. For dessert, we preferred cheesecake, but it wasn't available,. So We ordered mousse and vanilla ice cream, which were ok.Special Features:
- La Vigna ReviewChrisDined on 10/29/2013Cozy and charming atmosphere with very professional service. All pasta except for prix fixe was home made and delicious. Imaginative menu, impeccably prepared … sensibly priced for good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodpwk112Dined on 10/27/2013This was my second visit to La Vigna in the past couple of months and it did not disappoint. Went with a group of six family members. We were greeted warmly, service was not rushed at all, servers were accommodating and friendly, if a little slow. The kitchen seemed to be a little long on spinach the day we visited, but other than its leaves finding their way unannounced into one of the daily specials (which I, no spinach lover, thought would have been better without it), everything was fresh and really good. Six meals and not one bad dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy at your doorstepGloriaDined on 10/26/2013This is a wonderful neighborhood spot. La Vigna is small but Big when it comes to food and service. Make a reservation. It fills up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vigna restaurantJk1mvDined on 10/19/2013La Vigna's food and service are excellent but the quarters are a little crampedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodFHDinerVIPDined on 10/19/2013We visit this restaurant about once a month. Food is constantly good and portions are large. We always have a great meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love La Vigna RestaurantsuperiorVIPDined on 10/2/2013La Vigna is our favorite Italian restaurant. La Vigna's chef is a great culinary artist! The food is always delicious. The menu is quite extensive....great tasting appetizers, salads, egg plant rolatinni, veal chops, sea food dishes, and heavenly tasting Italian cheese cake, and many other deserts. The service is most friendly and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva La VignaGigiDined on 9/26/2013We had a 6:45 reservation for Sarurday night and were seated immediately. By 7:30 the restaurant was totally occupied. The menu is not typically Italian. The creativity in the sauces, both land and sea, make La Vigna special. I had the broiled veal chop in a walnut/raisin wine sauce accompanied by roasted potatoes and mushrooms. Excellent. The rest of my party thoroughly enjoyed their dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable TimeDonNaDined on 9/26/2013My husband and I had a very enjoyable night. The waiter was very attentive but not intrusive. There were many special appetizers and entrees along with the regular menu. We chose the specials for both appetizer and entree. The food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS RESTAURANT WAS VERY GOOD.ROBERTOVIPDined on 8/27/2013THIS RESTAURANT WAS VERY GOOD. THE 3 COURSE SPECIAL IS A VERY GOOD VALUE AND THE FOOD WAS WELL PREPARED AND TASTY. OUR SERVER WAS VERY PLEASANT. WE HOPE TO RETURN TO THIS RESTAURANT PRIOR TO OUR DEPARTURE TO HOME (FLORIDA).Special Features:
- Deliciousness!MellsVIPDined on 8/10/2013Excellent food and fantastic service. A great weekend luncheon.Special Features:
- It was okPaintTheTownFedDined on 8/2/2013Not sure why all the great reviews. Although décor seemed fitting for a nice Italian restaurant, no one greeted us, we had to awkwardly seat ourselves, the waiter took a long time to actually give us menus and take our orders, and the kitchen an even longer time to prepare the food. It was a full hour before we saw our appetizer, which was mediocre calamari. I did notice that the waiters paid more attention to returning customers. guess that is their bread and butter, but I don’t think I will be coming back. Experience was just ok, not good enough to come back for slow service and food that’s just ok.
- one of my favorite places!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2013we've been comig to La Vigna for about 9 yrs.. love it love it love it .. the food is always good and the drinks are delish.. I especially love the entire staff.. They always give me a warm welcome and have my drink ready when I get there :) Love these guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.