114 East State Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laveronapa.com/
- Phone: 6104442244x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm -3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am;
Sunday: 3:00pm -9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jack Mavraj & Roberto Aquilante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Specializing in Graduations, Corporate Events, and Family Celebrations, our award winning team brings legendary Italian cuisine and exceptional service anywhere. We'll guide you through every step of the event and provide our own professional servers and bartenders to help make your event memorable. Call Jack for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: We can host privat parties up to 75 people.
Call Sam Mavraj for Menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sam Mavraj 6104442244x
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT WITH JACK MARSHALL FROM
8PM TO 11PM AND EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LOCAL BANDS AT OUR BAR FROM 9PM TO 1AM
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Easter Brunch/Lunch and Dinner, Mothers Day.
Specializing in Graduations, Corporate Events, Family Celebrations,
Baby and Bridal Showers
COME JOIN US FOR HAPPIER HOUR AT OUR BAR AND OUTSIDE PATIO MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 4PM - 6:00PM
20 %OFF HOUSE AND ABSOLUT COCKTAILS
$3 SELECTED BOTTLE & DRAFT BEER
$6 SELECTED WINES BY THE GLASS
20 % GOURMET PIZZAS AND BAR MENU
LIVE MUSIC EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT AT OUR BAR FROM
9PM TO 1AM
- Cross Street: Union St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking
Off-street parking in Kennett Square is available in the Municipal Parking Garage on East Linden Street, off of North Union Street/Route 82. La Verona Restaurant is located just across the street as you exit the back of the Garage. All parking is FREE every day after 5 PM as well as Sundays. The Parking Garage is also free all day Saturday.
A word from La Verona
La Verona is run by a family that is loyal to its customers. We want to ensure that every time you come in you feel part of something special.Our attention to detail goes from selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, to the careful preparation of our dishes. Our chefs and wait staff look forward to giving you an exceptional dining experience.Our menu is within the scope of "Cucina Classica": the menu will strive to highlight the north region of Italy and seasonal variations for which Italian cuisine is celebrated.Continued
Here at La Verona we make it the way you like. Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable. Let us spoil you.
Here at La Verona we make it the way you like. Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable. Let us spoil you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Verona reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was really good--cut above ordiinary Italian. Waiter was very good and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Great food and service! I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find for DinnerDineinDCDined on 8/23/2014We went to Longwood Gardens, and found a Groupon for La Verona based on some good reviews. We had an excellent dinner, and dining experience. The host and server were both friendly, and did a great job. I had veal scallopine with shrimp. OMG soooo Good! My girlfriend had the lasagna, and it was good also. Really nice place for dinner, and we would go back if we were in the area. With the Groupon, we basically had a nice dinner out for $30.Special Features:
- Busy Night Leads to Mixed ResultObxkarmaVIPDined on 7/17/2014My first time at La Verona, caught it on a busy summer Thursday. Our newly minted, nervous waitress did her clumsy best, but failed to find bread, even told us they were out, so we had to ask the host who promptly brought us a full basket. Our sloppily-arranged entrees came in 35 minutes, about twice as long as I would expect, although they did a good job of shuttling out the soups and salads to keep us alive. The food was unimaginative, the ambiance was just okay, and the noise got very loud when a cheesy lounge singer started up. I didn't see anything that would take me back. The place is conceptually all over the Italian map. Needs to tighten up on what it wants to be. And train their people before throwing them into the fray.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014I took my fiance here for her birthday dinner. From the moment we walked in we were greated very kindly by the hosts and our waitress was very nice, maybe not as knowledgeable as she could have been on specific dishes but she made up for that in her overall service: made a recommendation "upgrade" for our appetizer that we were very happy with! Overall great experience and would recommend this restaurant for a dinner out or special occassion.Special Features:
- Undiscovered gemSilverfox2Dined on 6/13/2014Enjoyed a Friday dinner, great tomato gazpacho, amazed they had burrato, but happy they did, a little pricey for the size, we have had elsewhere larger & cheaper, presentation nice, could have had more roasted peppers. Our waitress, Dina made the dining experience very enjoyable, attentive, in a good way. Open to bringing us dipping oil for our bread, (maybe management would consider this instead of "butter" spread. Oil brought to our table nicely arranged with sprinkle of herb/shredded cheese. Little touches count a lot. We have eaten here before & they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Romantic dinner spotWineanddinemeDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I have dined here on 2 occasions and were pleased both times. The servers are professional and knowledgeable but the bread is really bad (but isn't all table bread terrible?) I had the fish special stuffed with crab meat and risotto on the side. Delicious. My husband had the NY strip. Nice place. Will be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Italian Cozy RestaurantPappyDaveDined on 5/24/2014Service was very good, very friendly atmosphere, food was delicious, although my wife's portion of spinach and mushroom ravioli was rather small. Nice wine list. My only issue was they had a large group in a back room and their loud music could be heard over the Sinatra and Dean Martin music that was playing in the restaurant. Overall, very good and we will be back.Special Features:
- First Time...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Nice setting on State Street with outside dining...comfortable ambiance for dining; Menu selection was superior... Servers were a bit disheveled and minimally trained (diction and attention to detail) But overall, a nice experience...we may return...Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the La Verona reviews archive.
- Outstanding!MincerDined on 4/29/2014Our group table was set up in the main dining room so "we could talk to each other" - I had a reservation for 10 but only 8 came. They brought in a server just for us = we were her only table for the night. She catered all of our orders and was very efficient in bringing things when needed and ordering "special" things for us. Did not mind that we didn't leave right after dessert and that we lingered for quite awhile after our meals were cleared. I highly recommend this restaurant for individuals and/or groups!! And, the food is always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats and great servicebelleDined on 4/28/2014Our food was very nicely prepared and arranged on plate. The waitress was very attentive and explained the menu and made suggestions. My son and I ordered her dinner suggestion and it was delicious.A monday so very few people eating out but we were very pleased. owner came around and asked if we were satisfied. Good experience in all. They have a new cocktail menu that includes cosmos and alot of drinks from days gone by when people had cocktail hour, nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood Italian placeAikidojoeDined on 4/5/2014We always have a good time when we go. They often have music on the nights we go. You can't go wrong with the Chicken Parmesan. I had the Duck/Filet Mignon special which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Bartender!notwallyDined on 3/11/2014The sea food special was very good, however, the bartender was so loud that it was annoying. Don't take a table on the bar side of the restaurant.
- Great food and a good pricefuntimeDined on 3/9/2014Rapidly becoming one of our favorite places to dine. Friendly and the food is consistently good. Especially the artichoke appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHungrygirlVIPDined on 2/15/2014The lasagna was non-traditional, but very good. The penne with chicken and smoked cheese was interesting and good.
- Vibrant menu in bland settingBrianKDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to La Verona, and based on the food, we'll be back to try it again. The menu isn't very large, but it still offers a nice variety, including dishes to satisfy vegetarians. I would describe the menu as "upscale Italian." The food presentation was very well done, and the flavors in our dishes were wonderful. We visited on Valentine's Day, and I have to say that their dining room is not exactly a romantic setting. In fact, it looks like they did little to change it from the previous owners -- the space is open and bland. We were seated next to the fireplace, but the table also happens to be next to the door to the kitchen and hall to the bathrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the good ratings?TooBlueVIPDined on 2/1/2014Meal started off well with reasonable bread and butter. Appetizers were very good (artichoke and antipasto). It went down hill from there as they got busy. Both entrees were poor cuts of veal and had the same odd sweet mushroom sauce on top that made them less than edible. The veal special had a lot of fat and bone, very little edible. The waitress gave us the wrong price on the special. When told the meal was not very good versus the appetizers, she laughed. When we mentioned she had misquoted the price of the special she laughed again. Pleasant but not well trained service operation for the price. Too many other good restaurants around.
- What a great discoveryDonAshVIPDined on 1/24/2014Great food, friendly owners and chef and large portions at a very good price. We are foodies and this is now one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service!KarenDined on 1/18/2014We wanted to go to dinner before a show we were seeing at the Kennett Flash. We told the server as we sat down that we were on a time schedule. She was awesome! (Stacy). She got our food to us quickly. Kept tabs on us (but not too much) and even had other servers check on us to make sure we were on schedule. The food was fabulous and everyone was so nice and accomodating. What a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful - serviceNewYearsDayDinerDined on 1/1/2014Food was wonderful - service was not. Maybe that was because it was New Years Day and the place was understaffed, but I don't know. I would definitely give the place anther chanceSpecial Features:
- Rushed New Year's Eve guestsPeggyDined on 12/31/2013Disappointed when eating on New Year's Eve that the waiter felt the need to tell my husband and I we had to order our food quickly. " It's our policy tonight not to wait very long to order". It made us feel very unwelcomed and uncomfortable. Only to see that there were tables available. Having managed restaurants in the past I found this to be poor customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, friendly spotTonySDined on 12/27/2013Our party of four stopped in on a Friday night and was warmly greeted at the door. Our server was friendly and offered great suggestions, as this was our first visit. The food was delicious, including a generous serving of pasta bolognese, veal piccata, and a striped bass special. We will definitely visit this great spot again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SteveOVIPDined on 12/26/2013Our meals were wonderful - the mushroom soup was incredible! Our waitress was nice but more of a diner type than a fancy restaurant type. It was, however, really excellentSpecial Features:
- xmas lunchgr8f00dVIPDined on 12/20/2013everything was excellent...atmosphere; food; service and lunch special offerings...would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight after visiting LongwoodHermDined on 12/6/2013Ten 65+ hungry people met at La Verona at 7:00 PM after a tiering afternoon at Longwood Gardens. we were greeted and seated promptly. Drinks were ordered and served promptly, Soup and salads arrived in a timely, non rush manner, out of the ten dinners served We had about six different selections from fish, veal, and pasta families every selection seemed to be a winner. Our server and her support staff did an excellent job. We were never rushed or felt neglected. I had dined at this restaurant previously, years ago but it had a different name. (I'm pretty certain of that, but could be wrong). My choice was guided by location and on line reviews, it turned out to be an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Came here due to very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 11/15/2013Came here due to very good reviews and we were within 5 miles looking for dinner. Never been to Kennett Square before - cute little town. Was expecting really good Italian food and received pretty mediocre food instead. Wine just okay. Used to eating in SF and NY, perhaps that explained the difference - am I too snobby? Perhaps. However, service was really good and one of the managers (owner?) kept touching one of our dining companion's arm. Interesting. SO I would not go out of my way to come here, but if in town and craving straightforward Italian food, should do the trick.
- Bravo !!!!RonPVIPDined on 11/1/2013If you've never had a meal here, you're missing a truly magnificent experience. This is by far the best Italian restaurant in the area. And the specials should be on everyone's list. Jack and Sam are to be commended for a wonderful menu and fantastic food. And if there's something that you want that's not on the menu, just ask and it will be prepared for you to perfection. Keep up the good work. And the rest of you....get up and out and eat here !!!!! Ron & IreneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDonAshVIPDined on 10/30/2013This was our third visit to La Verona. We brought friends with us this time. They loved it and so do we. The owners are very friendly and accomodating. The food is consistantly good and the portions are more than generous. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gina was the best! She madeWinefancyDined on 10/23/2013Gina was the best! She made our visit very enjoyable---attentive, funny and personable. Thank you!Special Features:
- What a gem!kamytuDined on 10/22/2013I selected La Verona for my daughter's 2st birthday celebration based on its proximity to Lincoln University, where she is a student. We rode down from King of Prussia to celebrate with her in the vicinity since she was unable to come home. What a gem this place is! Our server was solicitous from the moment we arrived. From the light and crispy fried calamari, to the caprese salad with wonderfully fresh and flavorful mozzarella, to my melt-in-your-mouth veal saltimbocca entrée, everything I tasted was delicious. Portions were generous and everyone at the table remarked as to how good the food was. To top it off, it was very reasonably priced. Its about an hour away. But I would absolutely make the trip to dine there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Local TreatRedwoodOriginal09Dined on 10/11/2013Just moved into the area and had a late evening craving for Italian. Searched on line and found La Verona. They were open late for dinner and close to home. Menu looked great and the reviews were very good so off we went. Wow! Totally awesome service and excellent food! Compliments to the Chef on creating a wonderful adventure for the palate. My wife went traditional with a veal bolognese and I chose a house special of a beef filet. Just Outstanding! Would recommend to anyone for a great dining experience. We will be back and often! A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good serviceMare1987Dined on 10/11/2013The food was very good, authentic Italian, the service was very good, the waitress was very attentive, i just wish they had some more options on the menu to choose fromSpecial Features:
- Neighbors monthly diningDinner44Dined on 10/9/2013First time visit. Food was very good, portions more than needed. Good menu varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDaveDined on 9/5/2013Food and service were not bad but not spectacular. There are much better out there. Obnoxious child in the dining room playing with a loud toy was pretty much center of attention.
- Friendly staff - DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/4/2013Friendly staff - Delicious food - especially enjoyed the the Whole Fish Bronzino - which is fileted for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLeonDined on 8/2/2013This is the third time there, service was excellent food was very good although my pasta dish good have been hotter but it was tasty. Every time we go there the bread is a too up you never know what u r gettingSpecial Features:
- Great foodLeonDined on 7/13/2013The restaurant was very pleasant service was excellent as was the food. We brought our own wine and the waved the corkage charges that was very nice. The food was excellent very tasty and the portions where just right. We will return and look forward to enjoying another good mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2013My husband and I were looking for a restaurant close to Longwood Gardens. We were going there for a concert. It was a warm, beautiful summer evening, so we ate outside. We definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable at reasonable pricejsuellDined on 7/4/2013Found this as they were the only place in the area open on a holiday but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and freshness of the food. It is clear the owner prides himself on what is served and it shows. The only complaint was that the entree came while we were still enjoying the appetizer and had to be warmed. They should let the customers spend more time savoring the food. Prices are moderate but the serving staff could use a little work on being attentive, but a great local place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLeonDined on 6/29/2013The food was exceptional espec the meat marinarro sauce. Everybody enjoyed the meal and the service was also very good The place was very clean and neat. The only thing I can complain about is the bread if it was warm it would have been perfect. Also the bread could have been cut through eliminating the need to pulling off each piece. Other than that I will definitely return sooner then later to enjoy there food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.