114 East State Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laveronapa.com/
- Phone: (610) 444-2244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm -3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am;
Sunday: 3:00pm -9:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gilles Moret and Jack Mavraj Chef Owner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Specializing in Graduations, Corporate Events, and Family Celebrations, our award winning team brings legendary Italian cuisine and exceptional service anywhere. We'll guide you through every step of the event and provide our own professional servers and bartenders to help make your event memorable. Call Jack for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: We can host privat parties up to 75 people.
Call Sam Mavraj for Menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sam Mavraj 6104442244x
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT WITH JACK MARSHALL FROM
8PM TO 11PM AND EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LOCAL BANDS AT OUR BAR FROM 9PM TO 1AM
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Easter Brunch/Lunch and Dinner, Mothers Day.
Specializing in Graduations, Corporate Events, Family Celebrations,
Baby and Bridal Showers
COME JOIN US FOR HAPPIER HOUR AT OUR BAR AND OUTSIDE PATIO MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 4PM - 6:00PM
20 %OFF HOUSE AND ABSOLUT COCKTAILS
$3 SELECTED BOTTLE & DRAFT BEER
$6 SELECTED WINES BY THE GLASS
20 % GOURMET PIZZAS AND BAR MENU
LIVE MUSIC EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT AT OUR BAR FROM
9PM TO 1AM
- Cross Street: Union St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking
Off-street parking in Kennett Square is available in the Municipal Parking Garage on East Linden Street, off of North Union Street/Route 82. La Verona Restaurant is located just across the street as you exit the back of the Garage. All parking is FREE every day after 5 PM as well as Sundays. The Parking Garage is also free all day Saturday.
A word from La Verona
La Verona is run by a family that is loyal to its customers. We want to ensure that every time you come in you feel part of something special.Our attention to detail goes from selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, to the careful preparation of our dishes. Our chefs and wait staff look forward to giving you an exceptional dining experience.Our menu is within the scope of "Cucina Classica": the menu will strive to highlight the north region of Italy and seasonal variations for which Italian cuisine is celebrated.Continued
Here at La Verona we make it the way you like. Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable. Let us spoil you.
Here at La Verona we make it the way you like. Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable. Let us spoil you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Verona reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Excellent food in a neighborhood atmospheresuetagstellDined on 11/15/2014Pleasant and comfortable seating. Appetizers/soup were very good with the exception of the Calamari which was a little bland. Special salad of arugula,almonds and strawberries was delicious. Special Bass fish with risotto was excellent. Pancetta tortellini was excellent also. Hats off to the chef. Cannolli and perfiteroles dessert very good of course. Highly recommend La Verona. Selected Cabernet wine very good also. Very accommodating, good service. Spent about $323 not including tip for 6 of us so a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is really good here!HungrygirlVIPDined on 10/28/2014I had a desire for plain cheese ravioli; however, it was not on the menu. So, they made it for me! And it was delicious!!! Also, the caesar salad was one of the best I have eaten in quite a while. My husband had chicken parmesan and it, too, was delicious. The only detraction for this wonderful meal was the loud woman sitting at the bar near us, but that was not the restaurant's fault. Maybe next time she will not be there.
- Not the bestFoodieluvDined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious and the server was honest and made recommendations however the Resturant was empty at 630 pm on a Saturday which made me nervous. 3 servers helped our table which was confusing because I didn't know who to go to for anything. I felt so rushed- the server would come over and ask us if we were ready about ten times while we were enjoying our apps. Let's just say we were in and out in 40 minutes. The table next to us said the same thing to their server that they wanted to kill some time before a show they were seeing. I didn't feel relaxedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/30/2014La Verona is a delightful Italian restaurant with very good food, competent and friendly staff and in mild weather outdoor dining in the heart of Kennett Square. My dinner partner enjoyed tender veal saltimbocca and I had the bronzino in a white wine caper sauce. Both were excellent, served with seasonal vegetables that were cooked perfectly and either mashed potatoes or risotto. Prices were moderate, the wines by the glass somewhat limited but adequate. I've already recommend this to a friend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a treatMikeDined on 9/25/2014We live in Virginia but have made frequent trips to Kennett Square to visit friends. We have always been pleased with our experience at La Verona. We have even made believers of some of the locals. The food, wine and service have always been excellent and very authentically Italian.Special Features:
- sunshineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Not familiar with other restaurants in the area but the food was edible nothing to get excited about. Although very apologetic about DROPPING my fish and having to make it over, didn't look as good as the other fish that my cousin ordered (same). Could have offered a complimentary dessert for the inconvenience.
- Outstanding valueCrankyCookDined on 9/19/2014Overall I give la Verona five stars. Why? It met or exceeded my expectations. Another review commented hat he was disappointed, and then used SF and NYC as his yardstick. C'mon, this is a two $ restaurant in Kennett Square! If you want that sort of place, go to Vetri in Philadelphia. With a 6:30 reservation on a Friday we were seated immediately. While the room was not full, they were turning tables. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Noise was moderate enough to allow normal conversation. The specials were seasonal and interesting but not extremely exotic - soup was a ginger carrot chicken which could also be done with sweet potato or squash and still be excellent. It's on the list of places to go back toI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutJRB1Dined on 9/13/2014This was our third time eating here - the food has always been good. My husband really enjoyed his spaghetti. The salads are always generous and tasty. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- la veronagr8f00dVIPDined on 9/11/2014I have been to La Verona several times now and it never fails to meet or exceed my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeresaknowsItalian50Dined on 9/10/2014Restaurant was friendly and had a nice charm. Wait staff was very good and capable. Drinks were very good especially the Sangria.Special Features:
- In a word--overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/20144 adults and 4 kids with entrees and splitting 3 salads with water and no dessert was nearly $300 including tip. We caught them during the "mushroom festival", so perhaps their menu/pricing was not typical, but overall we were disappointed. Service was a bit slow, and the room was nearly empty for the first hour we were there. The food was mediocre...not bad at all, but frankly, I've had as good or better at chains like Carrabba's or Macaroni Grill. The lobster ravioli for $28 contained 4 raviolis...seared scallops for $27 had 4 scallops. You can get away with that in DC --but in Kennett Square? It would've been great for half the price.
- Comfort stopCanes44Dined on 9/4/2014Was there a few weeks back and was going to get the Veal Parm but the server recommended a special which I got and was very good, so again I was in the mood for the Veal Parm so we went back. It looked good when I saw it when I was there earlier, was not disappointed. My date had the Veal Marsala which was also very good, finished off with some Tiramisu and will go back on a 1,000 point night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDiningfoxesVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was really good--cut above ordiinary Italian. Waiter was very good and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backAMKMVDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service! I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find for DinnerDineinDCDined on 8/23/2014We went to Longwood Gardens, and found a Groupon for La Verona based on some good reviews. We had an excellent dinner, and dining experience. The host and server were both friendly, and did a great job. I had veal scallopine with shrimp. OMG soooo Good! My girlfriend had the lasagna, and it was good also. Really nice place for dinner, and we would go back if we were in the area. With the Groupon, we basically had a nice dinner out for $30.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the La Verona reviews archive.
- Busy Night Leads to Mixed ResultObxkarmaVIPDined on 7/17/2014My first time at La Verona, caught it on a busy summer Thursday. Our newly minted, nervous waitress did her clumsy best, but failed to find bread, even told us they were out, so we had to ask the host who promptly brought us a full basket. Our sloppily-arranged entrees came in 35 minutes, about twice as long as I would expect, although they did a good job of shuttling out the soups and salads to keep us alive. The food was unimaginative, the ambiance was just okay, and the noise got very loud when a cheesy lounge singer started up. I didn't see anything that would take me back. The place is conceptually all over the Italian map. Needs to tighten up on what it wants to be. And train their people before throwing them into the fray.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014I took my fiance here for her birthday dinner. From the moment we walked in we were greated very kindly by the hosts and our waitress was very nice, maybe not as knowledgeable as she could have been on specific dishes but she made up for that in her overall service: made a recommendation "upgrade" for our appetizer that we were very happy with! Overall great experience and would recommend this restaurant for a dinner out or special occassion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food and service. Will return to this downtown Kennett Square Italian Restaurant.Special Features:
- Undiscovered gemSilverfox2Dined on 6/13/2014Enjoyed a Friday dinner, great tomato gazpacho, amazed they had burrato, but happy they did, a little pricey for the size, we have had elsewhere larger & cheaper, presentation nice, could have had more roasted peppers. Our waitress, Dina made the dining experience very enjoyable, attentive, in a good way. Open to bringing us dipping oil for our bread, (maybe management would consider this instead of "butter" spread. Oil brought to our table nicely arranged with sprinkle of herb/shredded cheese. Little touches count a lot. We have eaten here before & they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Romantic dinner spotWineanddinemeDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I have dined here on 2 occasions and were pleased both times. The servers are professional and knowledgeable but the bread is really bad (but isn't all table bread terrible?) I had the fish special stuffed with crab meat and risotto on the side. Delicious. My husband had the NY strip. Nice place. Will be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Italian Cozy RestaurantPappyDaveDined on 5/24/2014Service was very good, very friendly atmosphere, food was delicious, although my wife's portion of spinach and mushroom ravioli was rather small. Nice wine list. My only issue was they had a large group in a back room and their loud music could be heard over the Sinatra and Dean Martin music that was playing in the restaurant. Overall, very good and we will be back.Special Features:
- First Time...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Nice setting on State Street with outside dining...comfortable ambiance for dining; Menu selection was superior... Servers were a bit disheveled and minimally trained (diction and attention to detail) But overall, a nice experience...we may return...Special Features:
- Outstanding!MincerDined on 4/29/2014Our group table was set up in the main dining room so "we could talk to each other" - I had a reservation for 10 but only 8 came. They brought in a server just for us = we were her only table for the night. She catered all of our orders and was very efficient in bringing things when needed and ordering "special" things for us. Did not mind that we didn't leave right after dessert and that we lingered for quite awhile after our meals were cleared. I highly recommend this restaurant for individuals and/or groups!! And, the food is always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats and great servicebelleDined on 4/28/2014Our food was very nicely prepared and arranged on plate. The waitress was very attentive and explained the menu and made suggestions. My son and I ordered her dinner suggestion and it was delicious.A monday so very few people eating out but we were very pleased. owner came around and asked if we were satisfied. Good experience in all. They have a new cocktail menu that includes cosmos and alot of drinks from days gone by when people had cocktail hour, nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood Italian placeAikidojoeDined on 4/5/2014We always have a good time when we go. They often have music on the nights we go. You can't go wrong with the Chicken Parmesan. I had the Duck/Filet Mignon special which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Bartender!notwallyDined on 3/11/2014The sea food special was very good, however, the bartender was so loud that it was annoying. Don't take a table on the bar side of the restaurant.
- Great food and a good pricefuntimeDined on 3/9/2014Rapidly becoming one of our favorite places to dine. Friendly and the food is consistently good. Especially the artichoke appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHungrygirlVIPDined on 2/15/2014The lasagna was non-traditional, but very good. The penne with chicken and smoked cheese was interesting and good.
- Vibrant menu in bland settingBrianKDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to La Verona, and based on the food, we'll be back to try it again. The menu isn't very large, but it still offers a nice variety, including dishes to satisfy vegetarians. I would describe the menu as "upscale Italian." The food presentation was very well done, and the flavors in our dishes were wonderful. We visited on Valentine's Day, and I have to say that their dining room is not exactly a romantic setting. In fact, it looks like they did little to change it from the previous owners -- the space is open and bland. We were seated next to the fireplace, but the table also happens to be next to the door to the kitchen and hall to the bathrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the good ratings?TooBlueVIPDined on 2/1/2014Meal started off well with reasonable bread and butter. Appetizers were very good (artichoke and antipasto). It went down hill from there as they got busy. Both entrees were poor cuts of veal and had the same odd sweet mushroom sauce on top that made them less than edible. The veal special had a lot of fat and bone, very little edible. The waitress gave us the wrong price on the special. When told the meal was not very good versus the appetizers, she laughed. When we mentioned she had misquoted the price of the special she laughed again. Pleasant but not well trained service operation for the price. Too many other good restaurants around.
- What a great discoveryDonAshVIPDined on 1/24/2014Great food, friendly owners and chef and large portions at a very good price. We are foodies and this is now one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service!KarenDined on 1/18/2014We wanted to go to dinner before a show we were seeing at the Kennett Flash. We told the server as we sat down that we were on a time schedule. She was awesome! (Stacy). She got our food to us quickly. Kept tabs on us (but not too much) and even had other servers check on us to make sure we were on schedule. The food was fabulous and everyone was so nice and accomodating. What a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful - serviceNewYearsDayDinerVIPDined on 1/1/2014Food was wonderful - service was not. Maybe that was because it was New Years Day and the place was understaffed, but I don't know. I would definitely give the place anther chanceSpecial Features:
- Rushed New Year's Eve guestsPeggyDined on 12/31/2013Disappointed when eating on New Year's Eve that the waiter felt the need to tell my husband and I we had to order our food quickly. " It's our policy tonight not to wait very long to order". It made us feel very unwelcomed and uncomfortable. Only to see that there were tables available. Having managed restaurants in the past I found this to be poor customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, friendly spotTonySDined on 12/27/2013Our party of four stopped in on a Friday night and was warmly greeted at the door. Our server was friendly and offered great suggestions, as this was our first visit. The food was delicious, including a generous serving of pasta bolognese, veal piccata, and a striped bass special. We will definitely visit this great spot again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SteveOVIPDined on 12/26/2013Our meals were wonderful - the mushroom soup was incredible! Our waitress was nice but more of a diner type than a fancy restaurant type. It was, however, really excellentSpecial Features:
- xmas lunchgr8f00dVIPDined on 12/20/2013everything was excellent...atmosphere; food; service and lunch special offerings...would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight after visiting LongwoodHermDined on 12/6/2013Ten 65+ hungry people met at La Verona at 7:00 PM after a tiering afternoon at Longwood Gardens. we were greeted and seated promptly. Drinks were ordered and served promptly, Soup and salads arrived in a timely, non rush manner, out of the ten dinners served We had about six different selections from fish, veal, and pasta families every selection seemed to be a winner. Our server and her support staff did an excellent job. We were never rushed or felt neglected. I had dined at this restaurant previously, years ago but it had a different name. (I'm pretty certain of that, but could be wrong). My choice was guided by location and on line reviews, it turned out to be an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Came here due to very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 11/15/2013Came here due to very good reviews and we were within 5 miles looking for dinner. Never been to Kennett Square before - cute little town. Was expecting really good Italian food and received pretty mediocre food instead. Wine just okay. Used to eating in SF and NY, perhaps that explained the difference - am I too snobby? Perhaps. However, service was really good and one of the managers (owner?) kept touching one of our dining companion's arm. Interesting. SO I would not go out of my way to come here, but if in town and craving straightforward Italian food, should do the trick.
- Bravo !!!!RonPVIPDined on 11/1/2013If you've never had a meal here, you're missing a truly magnificent experience. This is by far the best Italian restaurant in the area. And the specials should be on everyone's list. Jack and Sam are to be commended for a wonderful menu and fantastic food. And if there's something that you want that's not on the menu, just ask and it will be prepared for you to perfection. Keep up the good work. And the rest of you....get up and out and eat here !!!!! Ron & IreneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.