1 Lansdowne St.
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laverdadtaqueria.com/
- Phone: 6174219595
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Scott Brandolini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our VIP Room is located at the back of the restaurant and offers a more private experience. This space can handle a cocktail party and passed plates for up to 45 people or sit down dinner for up to 30 guests. It has immediate access to the bar and a separate sound system with individual controls. Making this the perfect spot for your next party or business meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Jussaume 6174219595
A word from La Verdad
Established in 2006, Chefs Ken Oringer and Michael Ginore believed that authentic Mexican cuisine would be very well received by Boston foodies. They teamed with the Lyons Group and created a power house team to present authentic Mexican fare in a lighter, cleaner presentation than we have grown accustom to in the North East. There vision is proudly presented as La Verdad. We are located very close to Fenway Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Verdad reviews from OpenTable diners
- ND Pre-gameLifesabeachDined on 1/4/2014In the neighborhood for Frozen Fenway, Arrived an hour early for reservation. Restaurant uncrowded and friendly. Sat at bar. Took a few minutes before we got bartenders attention but after that service was excellent and we had a great meal. Bartender even put on the Notre Dame fight song when ND beat Duke in basketball and before the ND-BC hockey game at Fenway. Really good guacamole and margarita. Fun place with warm, friendly staff. Less hectic and noisy than other places around Fenway. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-game stopRobhawkDined on 1/4/2014Stopped in before Frozen Fenway. Margarita was very good! Nachos, steak tacos, and quesadillas were excellent. Server was very attentive. Lots of tv's to watch NESN & NFL Playoffs.Special Features:
- Tasty but SaltyLKLYVIPDined on 12/31/2013I Think I am still puffy from all the salt. Came here with the family before a sledding/skating event at Fenway. We started with the guacamole (salty) and the cheesy chorizo dip (salty) to go along with our chips and salty salsa. I had to fish tacos (yummy). Hubby had the quesadilla that he finished. Daughter ordered the chicken entree that she could not finish because it was too spicy for her. Son had the best bet- a chicken Caesar which he said was the best he has ever had. Four entrees and two apps came to $88. Yikes. Service was lovely, accommodating and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big name does not deliverAmaryllDined on 11/30/2013We were attracted by the Ken Orringer name. We should have listened to the reviews. Place itself is shabby and mostly a bar. Food was average. It was pricey for what was being offered. Once was enough.
- Good but priceyTicklesDined on 11/14/2013We came here to eat before a concert at House of Blues. It was good but seemed pricey for what you got. There were no typical Mexican restaurant extras; no chips and salsa, no rice and beans with the orders. We both got the Tinga tacos which were delicious but again a bit expensive for 3 small tacos and no sides. The margaritas are very good but also expensive. I get they are paying for their location, but seems a bit much to me. The service was also not great, we had empty drinks for quite awhile at one point and ended up deciding to go to the concert instead of ordering another round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, prices are greatsarahkmgDined on 11/2/2013Wanted to try this place because it is a Ken Oringer restaurant. Food was pretty good (a little greasy for my taste), but the flavor was great! Margs were NOT good, but beer selection was great so stick with the beer. Pretty noisy place, but a good place for groups - were able to accommodate 6 ppl at 7 pm on a Saturday night. Would recommend for anyone looking for a casual dining experience with very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!KorrieDined on 10/28/2013Le Verdad was a great spot to hit before a show at the Boston House of Blues. Service was quick, but as the place filled up within an hour of opening, service fell a little short. Defintely get the pitcher of house margarita. Their sour mix is actually really great! We had the pescado and pork belly confit tacos, holy amazing! Super fresh ingredients and the price you couldn't beat. The trio salsa was a great way to start. The salsa verde is the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,lfenVIPDined on 10/12/2013Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere, such a fantastic find! thank you.Special Features:
- It's been great. 3 rd timeKARLADined on 9/11/2013It's been great. 3 rd time going before a show at house of blues and again was amazed at how not crowded it was. Lucky for us. The food is awesome. We sat outside-the view is fenway park but the people watching is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They could do a better jobOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2013They could do a better job with the entrance. We walked in through the take out and my first impression was ,where are we? The food was good. not vegetarian heaven, my choices were pretty limited and they wouldn't let me order the enchilada without meat. still. I enjoyed the homemade guacamole and chile relleno we all enjoyed the habanero margaritas. the service was fine but not fine dining good. It did become quite crowded on a Sunday night and was very festive.Special Features:
- complaintlynnVIPDined on 6/14/2013Food far too spicy - just tell the diner when asked.
- The host and hostesses wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013The host and hostesses were very gracious and professional. Food was great.Hopping during Red Sox games, but also great for dinner with friends on other(quieter) ocassions.Special Features:
- Even though we had a reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2013Even though we had a reservation, we still had to wait quite a while. Food was was subpar, especially for the price. No free chips and salsa as is the usual in Mexican restaurants. We paid for them and the chips were hard, thick, and just not pleasant tasting. Margaritas were mostly sugar, seemed like no tequila. Waitress was a little loopy and not very attentive. Had fish tacos, there was nothing particularly wrong with them, but they weren't very tasty either. Overall, I can say that I would never eat there again.Special Features:
- Excellent meal and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013Excellent meal and great service. Enjoyed the Texmex flair!Special Features:
- This is apparently a "hotBobbieDined on 4/6/2013This is apparently a "hot spot," given how crowded it was at 6 on a Saturday night, without even a Red Sox game going on. The food was good, if pricey for Mexican food. Mexican beers on tap were a treat! The big bowl of guacamole was delicious, as were the fresh chips - though another time, I'd just get traditional guacamole rather than the souped up, fruity special version. My fish tacos were delicate and delicious. Between the high noise level and the inflated prices, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again; but if we had something else going on in the neighborhood, as we did this visit, it'd be my first choice for a pre-event dinner.Special Features:
- Great Mexican food, nice serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013I love La Verdad! The margaritas are delicious, the food was great, the service was friendly, and when we went they had a season guacamole with mango and other goodies, I wasn't sure about it after reading the description, but once I tasted it I was sold. I've been to La Verdad many times, most recently with 7 others for a birthday dinner. We arrived early for our reservation and I really appreciated that we could comfortably wait at the bar for our table to open. It was a busy night, but we didn't feel crowded at all, and service was still fast.Special Features:
- This is our 3rd or 4th visitMassTravelerDined on 3/16/2013This is our 3rd or 4th visit and they have yet to disappoint. Great cocktails and food, exp the grilled corn appetizer.Special Features:
- Go for the tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/9/2013We love the tacos at La Verdad! Restaurant is a bit dark and the seats are a little uncomfortable but the food is great!Special Features:
- Smelled like sewage throughoutOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/2/2013Smelled like sewage throughout and food was just soso
- The fish tacos were excellent.TobiasFDined on 1/27/2013The fish tacos were excellent. The guacamole was also outstanding. The chicken enchiladas were tasty. Some of the best Mexican food we have had since living out here. That came with a price. This was not cheap. It is Landsdown St. in Boston though......
- Seems a little lame to chargeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/25/2013Seems a little lame to charge for chips and salsa.
- Host wouldn't sit us untilOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/23/2013Host wouldn't sit us until everyone was there, kind of annoying since the place was empty. Chicken "tinga" taco was just ok. Short rib taco and pork belly taco were both amazinggg!! Margarita on the rocks was decent. Guacamole appetizer was ok, chips were good, guac itself was a little watery, could have been chunkier.Special Features:
- What's with the greasy hard nachos?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/14/2012Everyone thought the food was only ok. The corn chips with the guacamole were disappointing...greasy, thick textured, and not the light crisp ones you would hope for. The seasonal guacamole was uninspiring, everyone felt, and needed more, what, lime? A tad bland. I had chicken a la brasa and a side of black beans, both good. Another person got pork belly tacos and found them too greasy. The plantain side with cheese was tasty if decadent. Carne asada to me looked like it had too much stuff on the plate...avocado slices, and chips and all manner of stuff burying the steak. A sandwich was deemed good and came with spicy plantain chips. At the end of dinner The general verdict was ok but not great.
- great mexican stuff, tacostruthtellerVIPDined on 12/3/2012great mexican stuff, tacos outside the box. great place after a game, or better you can park when there isn't one.Special Features:
- The food at La Verdad is deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012The food at La Verdad is delicious but the service is horrendous. We were rushed through our entire dinner with our plates cleared before we were even asked if we wanted anything else. When we tried to order an additional item, the manager said that there was a reservation coming in after us and we couldn't have anything else. This was a group of six and we had only been there an hour! If you are looking for good Mexican food, there are plenty of places with better service, lower prices and equal quality food so I would not recommend La Verdad.
- Went before a show at houseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/29/2012Went before a show at house of blues. Food was delicious, fresh and original. Service was excellent, neither too much nor too little. Try the churros for dessert, even if you know you shouldn't. They will make you happy. Really.Special Features:
- We love this place. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012We love this place. The food is always good, great quac and margaritas! The Mexican chopped salad is my favorite as is the short rib tacos!Special Features:
- Best Mexican and Tacos in the USAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2012Bon Apetite and Food and Wine magazines both rated this gem in the select TOP in the entire US of A for Tacos and overall Mexican cuisine.That's how I discovered it and it was delicious food, with 2 equally delicious cucumber dill margaritas (with a kick). Great meal with my greatest of friends.Special Features:
- I've been here a few times.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012I've been here a few times. Last time was with a group of 8. They took good care of us, I just didn't really like what I ordered. I usually go with the tacos and they are consistently good. Very convenient to the House of Blues so we like to go there for a bite before the show. Certainly better than Cask of Game on.Special Features:
- Authentic and Creative MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2012Saw the write up in Food and Wine, but was still hesitant to go based on some Open Table reviews. Went for the Day of the Dead and would highly recommend this for authentic and creative Mexican food. The Tripe Fondue was amazing. If they have not already the margarita special with the salt foam and jalepeno must go on the menu! Will visit again soon.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012The food was very good and the portion size decent-usually we get way too much food at some Mexican restaurants! We were seated in the bar area so was very noisy, especially with a small crowd watching the Notre Dame football game in OT!
- very friendly & accommodatingWendyEVIPDined on 10/26/2012very friendly & accommodating service (making "no cilantro on anything!" a reality), great food, fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Ken Oringer does many thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2012Ken Oringer does many things well, and La Verdad is no exception. His take on Mexican food is inventive and sublime.Special Features:
- We all got tacos. PresentationG222Dined on 10/2/2012We all got tacos. Presentation and construction of the tacos were identical. However, the contents were unique. And tasty. Bar-like atmosphere. Because there is a bar. Drinks good to superb, depending on who you ask.
- Stick with the Taqueria take out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/1/2012I am a huge fan of the La Verdad Taqueria and it seems silly because I know the food is the same, but the one time I ate inside the restaurant I didn't love it as much! The guac was not as good as it usually is, was less flavorful and the fish tacos were slightly different. The service was just OK, which for a Monday night with 3 other people in the restaurant, it should have been much better. I think I'll stick with take-out from now on.Special Features:
- Love this place!! The cornOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2012Love this place!! The corn is to die for...love the drink menu too!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our mealMamaCatDined on 9/10/2012We really enjoyed our meal here! All of our dinners were excellent. Even my aunt, who isn't crazy about spicy food, was able to find something she enjoyed, though nearly everything had a "kick." There's no kids' menu, but if you have an adventurous kid (like ours), it will be fine; they can always get a quesadilla anyway. When we were there it was fairly quiet, but I bet it's hopping when the Sox are in town! We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- This is a great place to goHAD9Dined on 9/8/2012This is a great place to go before a Red Sox game.Special Features:
- Noisy and unenjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2012Absolutely impossible to enjoy this meal because we were placed in a small room with not one but TWO large tables of 8 plus. Nightmare. Not sure I would return as a result. Service was also poor because we were the forgotten table in that room of large parties.
- Everything I've had here isOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2012Everything I've had here is delicious! I love the El Sabor taco combo and the guacamole. The margaritas are great too but beware...they're strong!