La Veranda Osteria
946 Royal York Road
Etobicoke, ON M8X 2E5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Veranda Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laveranda.ca/
- Phone: 4162313800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 8:30pm
Patio Hours; Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Tommaso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: Bloor Street West and Royal York
- Public Transit: Located across the street from Royal York Subway Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Green "P" parking is located across the street adjacent to the Royal York Subway Station. Street parking is also available within a block of the restaurant.
A word from La Veranda Osteria
As one of the Kingsway’s most popular restaurants, La Veranda Osteria, at Royal York & Bloor, prides itself on serving traditional, classic Italian fare as well as fresh seafood and steaks. La Veranda Osteria also offers an outdoor patio in addition to a semi-private dining area for groups of 10-50. Whether you are looking for a casual meal, somewhere for that special occasion, or a large gathering, please let our staff invite you to experience our outstanding food, service and value that attracts so many of our local clientele.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Veranda Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (43)good for groups (39)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (28)romantic (27)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)scenic view (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- 3.5 reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014It was a lovely evening and the patio is very inviting so we sat outside. As always in TO the down side to this is the traffic and in the case the TTC buses turning in and out of the RY station making it very noisy. Our dinner was quite good .... we all had the very tasty vegetarian minestrone soup and the lasagne which was one of two specials available. They have a good selection of wines by the glass. Would return.Special Features:
- Gluten free diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014La Veranda actually had a true gluten free menu! Best gluten free pasta (ravioli) I've had. I can eat Italian again and really enjoy it! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out for the garlicmissbruleDined on 8/23/2014I enjoy garlic, and we know of course is part of the Italian cuisine, however the rose sauce was ESTREMELY garlicky, and the canoli did not live to the expectations. The waitress at first came to the table often and on timely manner, however after serving my husband his drink then she forgot about us, and took for ever to get bread at the table or consider asking if I needed anything since I had not ask for a drink, I end up waiting for her return watching my husband drink with nothing to munch nor drink. I won't recommended for romantic dinner indoors, its very plain. They did very well with the patio with all the beautiful plants and flowers. I will give it another try, at the patio, the grill calamari and brushetta were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A trip to ItalyTrip2italyDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food! Sitting outside on the patio is just beautiful feels like your having dinner in Italy ! It's a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing timeBootsDined on 8/15/2014Hi The food and people who served were awesome. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:
- Lish79VIPDined on 8/15/2014Last night we went there I got the seafood pasta I was very disappointed as I only got few pieces of seafood.i love this place mostlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner with friendsDance2sing2dineDined on 8/9/2014Started with the grilled calamari . It was exceptional. All entrees were rated as excellent by each individual. Each had a different entrée, from cannelloni to pescatore to gorgonzola chicken ... Just over $300 (tip included) for 5 people with 2 bottles of wine - so good deal!Special Features:
- Some seriously great foodLouLouDined on 8/7/2014A must go to spot for an amazing menu and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lish79VIPDined on 8/5/2014My best friend and I ate outside he had clams in his pasta and I had the gnocchi and pesto sauce with chicken they were both delicious. We had a lovely nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed very muchKMcMDined on 7/31/2014Had a very pleasant lunch indoors with good food and pleasant staff, but the service was slow and a little inattentive. (Perhaps they were a waiter short that day?) Would go back again. Atmosphere is soothing and conducive to conversation. Caesar salad with chicken had a delicious and not heavy dressing. Salmon dish got a "good" from my Japanese husband -- who knows his fish! Gluten-free pizza good, too. Coffee a little late arriving, but was told they made it fresh! Beautiful outdoor area and although close to the road, the lovely vegetation made you forget that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceSimeonDined on 7/25/2014Been here a couple of times. All good. Been here a couple of times. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingsway Hospitality Charmer2for2Dined on 7/24/2014We have been dining in La Veranda Osteria since it opened. It is a great dining experience in every way. Italian at its best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseIlikefoodDined on 7/23/2014Returned to the Royal York neighborhood after having been away for over 20 years. La Veranda was recommended to me by a friend as having a great ambiance, good food and wine and providing excellent value. That says it all...we enjoyed a very good meal, some good wine and were tempted but did not try what looks to be an amazing dessert menu. The outdoor area was surprisingly quiet given the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLailaDined on 7/11/2014I am a vegetarian and found a variety of vegetable dishes, the sautee entree was so good, my friends ate meat and pasta and they loved it. Pizzas are delicious as well. I have been here several times and always enjoy the food and the place.Special Features:
- Good ambience tasty pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Greeter should have asked if we would like a patio table. Wine choice recommended to us was good. Bread basket was not fresh tho. Antipasta was goofd. Mains were good. Dessert and coffee very good. for an Italian restaurant in an Eastern European neighbourhood, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014This was my second visit. First time we were inside. It was packed and almost too noisy to have a decent conversation. This time we were on the patio. Quite nice. My guests were very impressed. Despite the traffic noise we were able to enjoy a conversation without shouting. Service staff were very attentive and accommodating. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchTheBestorNothingDined on 7/10/2014The Meat Cannelloni was delicious, best I've had in a long time. The Agnolotti was to die for, fresh pasta stuffed with leeks and mushrooms served in a light mushroom and rose sauce. I'd have it again and again! The Stuffed Lobster Pasta was good but the lobster was minced and there wasn't enough of the cream, Parmigiano cheese and dill sauce. Portions were generous! Service was attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary anniversaries53happyDined on 7/7/2014We get here once a year to celebrate.....and it never fails to fulfil! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prix fixe luncheon menufit4lifeDined on 7/3/2014First time I'd visited. I appreciated the very large number of options on the prix fixe lunch menu. Might want to try sitting outside next time although I heard another diner say it was very noisy out there. I love the plant surrounded verandah outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I love this restaurant, the staff are very efficient,not intrusive, and very friendly. The food is outstanding, and the menu and wine list are extensive. I have dined inside and outside and, though the traffic noise is a bit loud in the evening it did not interfere with our conversation. The patio is adorned with beautiful plants and flowers which helps keep the traffic noise at bay! I have heard that the lunches and brunches are equally good but, so far, have only dined thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local restaurantbmectDined on 6/29/2014La Veranda is our go to restaurant. We can walk there and it is always pleasant. The dining room and the outdoor patio are both lovely. It has a varied menu and decent wine selection. It is less noisy than some of the other restaurants nearby so we often go there with friends for dinner. Lunch menu is also varied and there is a prix fixe which is affordable and always provides abundant choice. The servers are very efficient and just attentive enough to ensure patrons have everything required to make the meal enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!BillDined on 6/27/2014We took our friends to La Veranda for lunch on Friday and we were all very pleased with the food, the service and seating on the patio. We will definitely go again, as will our friends. Sometimes we've had good food at a restaurant but the washrooms make one question what the kitchen looks like. Not at La Veranda--the washrooms were most impressive. The patio looks great with beautiful flowers and efficient awnings that gave us shade on a hot day.Special Features:
- KrystalnutVIPDined on 6/24/2014great food, great value, great neighbourhood gem. For all occasions.Special Features:
- Was nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014The place was too busy at the time, so I expected a bit better service. Food is OK, would be nice to use salt a bit smarter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The food was barely edible and the prices were very high considering the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian restaurantElizabethDined on 6/17/2014If you enjoy Italian food, Veranda is one of the best restaurants for that. The menu is large and varied, and everything I have had there has been tasty and spiced just right. The service is friendly and the ambiance pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hellyDined on 6/15/2014We were very happy with the food, as the food was delicious. However, the service was very slow. We had 3 different servers and when we received our bill, we had been charged for a bottle of wine, when in fact we had only ordered a half litre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantHandCDined on 6/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the food and service at La Veranda!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014One person in our party wanted a different sauce with her pasta. Her request was refused - not because they couldn't make the sauce, but because they said shrimp did not go well with meat sauce. The customer likes that combination and eats it all the time elsewhere. If the customer wants that sauce she should have been served it and not been told that shrimp doesn't match with it. Who is eating the meal - the customer or the server??Special Features:
- CileatsoutDined on 6/11/2014Food was tastey but the meat amount was too little for the price.Special Features:
- Never Again!SnowbirdDined on 6/5/2014Four of us had a 12:30 reservation for lunch. We were seated and given water and menus. That was it! Then at 1:20 I found a server and asked when our orders would be taken. I was told that we would be served in the order that we had arrived. We were very frustrated because one in our party was on a time restraint. We finally gave our order and the food arrived by 1:45. The noise level in the restaurant was so high that we had a difficult time having a conversation. I will not dine there again.
- Great patio... nice flowers!FoodieEtobicokeDined on 6/2/2014THe food at La Veranda is well priced and always good. The patio is a lovely place to sit - a bit noisey but nice nevertheless. Had a new waitress who ignored us a bit and had to be waved over a lot... but we were not in a rush, so it was OK.Special Features:
- Disappointing AtmosphereBobsfamilyDined on 5/31/2014My wife, daughter & I thought we'd try this supposed neighborhood gem. The food was pretty good and the service was friendly until we complained about the air conditioning. It was 28 degrees outside but every time the ac kicked in we froze with blasts of cold air. We were in short sleeves of course and asked our waitress if she could adjust the ac so that it didn't start at such a low temp. She told us that if she turned down the ac it would get warm in the restaurant - Brilliant! My wife told her she was very uncomfortable but she just walked away & we saw her speak to another employee while pointing at us. Another waiter finished service with us while we 'chilled'. No manager came and the tip we left reflected how valued we felt.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRecommendDined on 5/29/2014Enjoyed it very much; just like the previous several experiences...Special Features:
- Very Good FoodGoodFoodorIWontBeBackDined on 5/27/2014For those who like good food, this restaurant is recommendedSpecial Features:
- family italian approach...craigarVIPDined on 5/24/2014... with large menus, big portions, but with some bigger more upscale ambitions in terms of decor, food, wine, dessert, and decor.Special Features:
- A Kingsway Neighbourhood Gemcookie222Dined on 5/16/2014Interesting service style (never the same person comes to your table), menu is a bit vast for a first-timer, but delicious food, wow.Special Features:
- GreasyBlahDined on 5/10/2014I had the linguine pescatore in "white wine" sauce. The fish tasted fishy, the scallops had freezer burn and you can taste it and the calamari was rubbery. My counterpart had penne and sea bass and she said it was "fine". (she uses "fine" for below average) I had asked for lemon, to cut the grease for my dish (didn't tell them latter) and had to wait ten minutes. There were only two tables of ten, one table of 4 and us a table of two. The main courses are overpriced, the only thing that saved the time spent there was that they didn't rush you and the wine wasn't bad.
- First VisitMaximusDined on 5/3/2014This was my first visit to La Veranda after hearing positive comments from friends. I very much enjoyed the ambiance and friendly staff who made dinner a pleasant experience. Menu is extensive and food was excellent. I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- The following 322 reviews are from the La Veranda Osteria reviews archive.
- Always enjoyableHeathyVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been to La Veranda a few times and have always enjoyed the food. It is a very lively place and because of that can be a bit noisy. If you dine on the patio that is a different story . Food is always food .It is a busy and sometimes the sevice suffers a bit, but all in all we love it and will go back and recommend.Special Features: