La Veranda Osteria
946 Royal York Road
Etobicoke, ON M8X 2E5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Veranda Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laveranda.ca/
- Phone: (416) 231-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 8:30pm
Patio Hours; Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Tommaso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: Bloor Street West and Royal York
- Public Transit: Located across the street from Royal York Subway Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Green "P" parking is located across the street adjacent to the Royal York Subway Station. Street parking is also available within a block of the restaurant.
A word from La Veranda Osteria
As one of the Kingsway’s most popular restaurants, La Veranda Osteria, at Royal York & Bloor, prides itself on serving traditional, classic Italian fare as well as fresh seafood and steaks. La Veranda Osteria also offers an outdoor patio in addition to a semi-private dining area for groups of 10-50. Whether you are looking for a casual meal, somewhere for that special occasion, or a large gathering, please let our staff invite you to experience our outstanding food, service and value that attracts so many of our local clientele.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Veranda Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (36)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (25)romantic (23)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (9)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Back again for some more good cooking!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We made another trip back to the restaurant as the food was so good on previous visits. They serve good sized portions and everything came out hot to our table and service was very quick considering the restaurant was busy at that time. This is turning out to be one of our local favorite places to take friends as we know they will have a great time and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014We went early and had ample time to catch up, drink wine and enjoy our lovely meal. The calamari was outstanding as was the personalized service by our waiter! We will be back!Special Features:
- Great for Lunch!CarrieDined on 10/24/2014Very good value for Lunch with the $14.95 menu. Very friendly and cheerful wait staff. Food was lovely. Salmon was very delicious. They are so good at letting clients sit and visit and not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranceenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Spectacular evening with great friends topped with excellent service, food and wine. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with BuddyTim2puttDined on 10/15/2014Booked this restaurant based on reviews. The service was very good and fairly nice atmosphere. Although the menu was very extensive, I didn't find the food to be all that exceptional for the cost.
- Hidden gemLuv2eatDined on 10/8/2014Although I passed La Veranda for years I never frequented the restaurant. Although it's located on a Main Street it is somewhat camouflaged from the street. I appreciated that we weren't rushed by the staff or interrupted in mid-conversation. The food is very good but a bit on the expensive side. Great outside patio in the summer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014it was a lovely atmosphere and the food was so good; I really like the prix-fixe option.Special Features:
- Good but avoid the Osso BucoDanJudyDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I had a pleasant meal Friday Oct 3 there. We have eaten there many times and even had take out. It was therefore a surprise to find that when we ordered the special of the day Osso Buco, to have one serving almost entirely made of bone. The other had a fair amount of fat in proportion to the meat. While the bone in this dish is a feature, it should not be the entire thing. We pointed this out to the waiter but there was no discussion from the restaurants management. We will avoid this and other specials should we eat there again. Shame.Special Features:
- A favourite!BeautybyBloorDined on 10/2/2014Mouthwatering food, the beverages waiter was exceptionally good making our evening very special. The restauraunt is a beautiful place to be, taking you away from the bustle of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!YummyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Service was amazing regardless of the reviews on trip advisor. The food was delicious. Ordered the grilled calamari, tiger shrimps, margarita pizza and brought my own bottle for 25 corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice peopleGumpDined on 9/27/2014I take my friends and family here for all our celebrations. They always make our dining experiance special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodNanc2013Dined on 9/18/2014Had a nice dinner at La Veranda with a friend on thursday night. The service was great as usual. My entre was excellent as usual. As always, another nice night at La Veranda.Special Features:
- Great as always!eataround7Dined on 9/3/2014I always have a great dining experience and fantastic food. Had the Pollo Gorgonzola with Mushrooms and Fettucine, very rich and creamy, my friend had Shrimp in a rose sauce and we shared a caesar; caesar was extra good this time. Amazing how many things they have on the menu and no matter what you order comes out tasting fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and romantic settingap82Dined on 8/29/2014We sat outside on a Friday night, and despite the fact that it is located on a fairly busy street, you did not even feel like you were surrounded by traffic. The servers were very attentive and quick. The food was absolutely amazing. I ordered a chicken with a cream sauce that came with roasted potatoes and vegetables, and my boyfriend had a pizza which tasted so good as well. This can be a casual spot to dine or you can make it romantic as well if you sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIRL'S NIGHT OUTCITYGIRLDININGDined on 8/28/2014We were able to find the restaurant on dine.to and source the location according to proximity to a specific postal code. We were able book our reservation online. We dined on the outdoor patio and it was a beautiful with lots of plants and flowers. We appreciated that it was a non-smoking area with good shade/coverage from the sun but still a warm, summer outdoor dining experience. The service was outstanding and very professional. The selection of food was vast with an excellent variety of choices. We were three women who ordered 3 mains and shared them. Three empty plates were supplied when the food was served so we could share the food. Desserts and coffees/teas were delicious. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3.5 reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014It was a lovely evening and the patio is very inviting so we sat outside. As always in TO the down side to this is the traffic and in the case the TTC buses turning in and out of the RY station making it very noisy. Our dinner was quite good .... we all had the very tasty vegetarian minestrone soup and the lasagne which was one of two specials available. They have a good selection of wines by the glass. Would return.Special Features:
- Gluten free diningCarefulDinerDined on 8/26/2014La Veranda actually had a true gluten free menu! Best gluten free pasta (ravioli) I've had. I can eat Italian again and really enjoy it! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining reviewminyaDined on 8/25/2014Prices are way to high for the quality I get. I expected true italian pizza , but what I had there had nothing to do with that. When talking about true italian dining experience for example I am comparing you to villa sorento, vittorios or aielli. There you get great authentic experience, perfect tasty food and prices are better. I'd say you need to lower hour prices by 30% or so to justify my coming there, at least in my mind. To summarise: way overpriced and not authentic italian food. I hope my review does not insult you but help you see my point of view. Cheers! MinyaSpecial Features:
- Watch out for the garlicmissbruleDined on 8/23/2014I enjoy garlic, and we know of course is part of the Italian cuisine, however the rose sauce was ESTREMELY garlicky, and the canoli did not live to the expectations. The waitress at first came to the table often and on timely manner, however after serving my husband his drink then she forgot about us, and took for ever to get bread at the table or consider asking if I needed anything since I had not ask for a drink, I end up waiting for her return watching my husband drink with nothing to munch nor drink. I won't recommended for romantic dinner indoors, its very plain. They did very well with the patio with all the beautiful plants and flowers. I will give it another try, at the patio, the grill calamari and brushetta were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A trip to ItalyTrip2italyDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food! Sitting outside on the patio is just beautiful feels like your having dinner in Italy ! It's a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing timeBootsDined on 8/15/2014Hi The food and people who served were awesome. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:
- Lish79VIPDined on 8/15/2014Last night we went there I got the seafood pasta I was very disappointed as I only got few pieces of seafood.i love this place mostlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner with friendsDance2sing2dineDined on 8/9/2014Started with the grilled calamari . It was exceptional. All entrees were rated as excellent by each individual. Each had a different entrée, from cannelloni to pescatore to gorgonzola chicken ... Just over $300 (tip included) for 5 people with 2 bottles of wine - so good deal!Special Features:
- Some seriously great foodLouLouDined on 8/7/2014A must go to spot for an amazing menu and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lish79VIPDined on 8/5/2014My best friend and I ate outside he had clams in his pasta and I had the gnocchi and pesto sauce with chicken they were both delicious. We had a lovely nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed very muchKMcMDined on 7/31/2014Had a very pleasant lunch indoors with good food and pleasant staff, but the service was slow and a little inattentive. (Perhaps they were a waiter short that day?) Would go back again. Atmosphere is soothing and conducive to conversation. Caesar salad with chicken had a delicious and not heavy dressing. Salmon dish got a "good" from my Japanese husband -- who knows his fish! Gluten-free pizza good, too. Coffee a little late arriving, but was told they made it fresh! Beautiful outdoor area and although close to the road, the lovely vegetation made you forget that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 352 reviews are from the La Veranda Osteria reviews archive.
- Very NiceSimeonDined on 7/25/2014Been here a couple of times. All good. Been here a couple of times. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingsway Hospitality Charmer2for2Dined on 7/24/2014We have been dining in La Veranda Osteria since it opened. It is a great dining experience in every way. Italian at its best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseIlikefoodDined on 7/23/2014Returned to the Royal York neighborhood after having been away for over 20 years. La Veranda was recommended to me by a friend as having a great ambiance, good food and wine and providing excellent value. That says it all...we enjoyed a very good meal, some good wine and were tempted but did not try what looks to be an amazing dessert menu. The outdoor area was surprisingly quiet given the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLailaDined on 7/11/2014I am a vegetarian and found a variety of vegetable dishes, the sautee entree was so good, my friends ate meat and pasta and they loved it. Pizzas are delicious as well. I have been here several times and always enjoy the food and the place.Special Features:
- Good ambience tasty pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Greeter should have asked if we would like a patio table. Wine choice recommended to us was good. Bread basket was not fresh tho. Antipasta was goofd. Mains were good. Dessert and coffee very good. for an Italian restaurant in an Eastern European neighbourhood, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014This was my second visit. First time we were inside. It was packed and almost too noisy to have a decent conversation. This time we were on the patio. Quite nice. My guests were very impressed. Despite the traffic noise we were able to enjoy a conversation without shouting. Service staff were very attentive and accommodating. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchTheBestorNothingDined on 7/10/2014The Meat Cannelloni was delicious, best I've had in a long time. The Agnolotti was to die for, fresh pasta stuffed with leeks and mushrooms served in a light mushroom and rose sauce. I'd have it again and again! The Stuffed Lobster Pasta was good but the lobster was minced and there wasn't enough of the cream, Parmigiano cheese and dill sauce. Portions were generous! Service was attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary anniversaries53happyDined on 7/7/2014We get here once a year to celebrate.....and it never fails to fulfil! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prix fixe luncheon menufit4lifeDined on 7/3/2014First time I'd visited. I appreciated the very large number of options on the prix fixe lunch menu. Might want to try sitting outside next time although I heard another diner say it was very noisy out there. I love the plant surrounded verandah outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I love this restaurant, the staff are very efficient,not intrusive, and very friendly. The food is outstanding, and the menu and wine list are extensive. I have dined inside and outside and, though the traffic noise is a bit loud in the evening it did not interfere with our conversation. The patio is adorned with beautiful plants and flowers which helps keep the traffic noise at bay! I have heard that the lunches and brunches are equally good but, so far, have only dined thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local restaurantbmectDined on 6/29/2014La Veranda is our go to restaurant. We can walk there and it is always pleasant. The dining room and the outdoor patio are both lovely. It has a varied menu and decent wine selection. It is less noisy than some of the other restaurants nearby so we often go there with friends for dinner. Lunch menu is also varied and there is a prix fixe which is affordable and always provides abundant choice. The servers are very efficient and just attentive enough to ensure patrons have everything required to make the meal enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!BillDined on 6/27/2014We took our friends to La Veranda for lunch on Friday and we were all very pleased with the food, the service and seating on the patio. We will definitely go again, as will our friends. Sometimes we've had good food at a restaurant but the washrooms make one question what the kitchen looks like. Not at La Veranda--the washrooms were most impressive. The patio looks great with beautiful flowers and efficient awnings that gave us shade on a hot day.Special Features:
- KrystalnutVIPDined on 6/24/2014great food, great value, great neighbourhood gem. For all occasions.Special Features:
- Was nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014The place was too busy at the time, so I expected a bit better service. Food is OK, would be nice to use salt a bit smarter.Special Features: