La Vecchia Ristorante
2405-A Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2E7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Vecchia Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lavecchia.ca/
- Phone: 4164890630
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Aurora Stranges
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Vecchia Ristorante
Take a trip to old world Italy without ever leaving Toronto. Located in the fashionable area of Yonge and Eglinton, La Vecchia delivers the authentic taste of Italy with a genuine Italian ambiance. From the stone and stucco walls covered in Italian pictures and art, La Vecchia captures the essence of Italian dining with European flair and culinary excellence. The menu is old world, with a strong focus on fresh, quality cuisine. We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Vecchia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (27)romantic (25)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- It's my go-to!drvonnostrandDined on 8/25/2014I work in the area and this place is my go-to when I want Italian and/or guaranteed good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great service, perfectCiroDined on 8/20/2014ambiance.....a must come back to place....we all had a great evening...compliments to our waiter!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AbdurDined on 8/14/2014Decided to check out La Vecchia based on good to great reviews I'd read online. The reviews were100% correct. Customer service was phenomenal and the food was simply delicious!!! Will be recommending to my friends and definitely will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delish!CooperKayDined on 8/13/2014Brought out of town family here for dinner. Great Ambience, lively feel, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. They went as far as saying this was the best Italian restaurant they have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good foodmunstaDined on 7/20/2014Fresh food, great service. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for risottoyummyyummyDined on 7/11/2014Great food! Had the risotto porcini and it was amazing! Our server was very friendly and the service was very good. Tiramisu was excellent as well. It melts in your mouth. Would definitely go back and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real go-to placeAlCathVIPDined on 7/5/2014Choose La Vecchia for its varied menu, reasonable prices, good wines and friendly service. Always a reliable place to eat in the city--we've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- VERY GOODLvdiningDined on 6/30/2014The restaurant was busy, but they had our table waiting for us. The service was prompt. The food was excellent. I intend on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunnyDined on 6/29/2014I would have no qualms of recommending La Vecchia to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyKettlebyKatDined on 6/17/2014Food and service is consistently good whether it is for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch...best serviceluv2dineDined on 6/12/2014I went with a friend for lunch to La Vecchia. Our server was excellent. Attentive, friendly, made suggestions, did not rush us -- the perfect server! The food was very good. I had veal with gorgonzola and tomatoes. Very tasty. We added a glass a wine to celebrate, but it considerably pushed up the price for lunch. My suggestion to diners on a budget is to enjoy the excellent food and avoid the booze.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014This was the second time that I entertaine a client group at this restaurant. The only negative is that the noise level is so loud that it was very difficult to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm and friendlyRoxiDined on 5/30/2014While the food wasn't the best part of my experience, and it usually is at LA Vecchia, the service and overall experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okCatmirDined on 5/16/2014We arrived 18 min early and the gentleman at the door was not very friendly or nice. He pointed out that we are early and went to check the reservation. We asked if we could sit at the bar - we had no problem ordering drinks while waiting - however he said we had to move out of he way because he to sit people at the table we were standing next to. It looked like we caused him grief by arriving 18 min early. Our server was ok - he had a bit of attitude but not as bad as the gentleman seating us. The only staff that was exceptional was the bartender - he cared if the drinks were good and he smiled when he served us. This restaurant needs to take lessons from Grazies up the street - much better staff and they treat you like gold!Special Features:
- Tasty delicious italian food!FoodDined on 5/12/2014Best italian food that i have been to so far. Reasonably priced too. Our waiter was absolutely amazing, funny, and entertaining! Definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageGlacierDined on 5/6/2014Nothing special to say. Food was served quickly and was OK (mini-pizza and plump chicken breast). It was a little bit cool inside, but could be because we came early and restaurant was not full of people. Not the greatest service, but I guess acceptable for the lunch during business week. Prices are average-high.
- The following 173 reviews are from the La Vecchia Ristorante reviews archive.
- Go to La VecchiaGrad2014Dined on 5/2/2014La Vecchia's atmosphere is quite enjoyable. Jason our server was very kind, helpful and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. The food is excellent, I have yet to go and find something on the menu that I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, selective serviceTravelsToEatDined on 5/2/2014Atmosphere was very romantic, dimly lit, well decorated. However as dinner went on, the restaurant got louder and louder, which was not really desirable; affected the romantic atmosphere. My dish was missing scallops while my friend who ordered the same dish got hers. When we told the waiter, he said "i'll have the chef redistribute the dish. They cook it together and divide it". Seems strange that my friend would need to give up her scallops for me... we also were not told our specials (mains and desserts) while tables beside us were volunteered the specials. doesn't seem like all guests get treated equally here. Didn't feel too good about that. All appetizer, mains, desserts tasted great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh yum!!!!Yum77Dined on 4/18/2014This is one of my fave restaurants!!!! It never disappoints. The service is always great. The food is fabulous. The Caprese salad is so good! The four cheese gnocchi is delisious! Basically you can't go wrong! Make a reservation. Great dessert too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavEbesDined on 4/18/2014Has never ceased to impress. The service is always outstanding. Don't look at the menu; just order the pasta special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysSteveDined on 4/12/2014My favourite restaurant in the city. Always great service and food. The mussels were really good and veal scalloping was excellent. I would always recommend it. The dessert special was really nice now that the menu had changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every moment, bite & drop.Tomkat9700Dined on 4/10/2014Service was wonderful, food was perfection & wine selection offered just the right accents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mixed BagcompassDined on 4/9/2014Calamari was tough. Portions were small. Extremely noisy. Staff were great.Special Features:
- A little too busy and crowded. HadDarwinianDined on 4/5/2014A little too busy and crowded. Had to wait some time for my table - even though it was booked for 9pm. Service and food were very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed our meal here, was good. Everything we had tasted pretty good. They undercooked my wife's pasta entree but they pretty quickly brought her out a new one that was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014I'm writing to express my pleasant dining experience recently at La Vecchia. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, there was a welcoming feeling all around. Everyone was pleasant and treated us well. The food is amazing and well prepared and the wine list is well versed. I have been to La Vecchia many times and will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureAlCathVIPDined on 3/23/2014La Vecchia has something for everyone--wonderful Italian food, great brunch dishes. Prices are very fair and there are good wines by the glass (Grove Mill sauvignon blanc--very fresh and citrusy). Servers are among the most congenial we've ever met and we are always welcomed warmly. We have never been disappointed when dining here, Their tiramisu is decadent, so save room for it. Agnolotti is delicious and so is the salmon frittata. Another favourite is the pizza contadina. If you haven't tried La Vecchia yet, give it a chance, but make a reservation--it can be crowded at peak times.Special Features:
- Our favorite restourant inMishoDined on 3/16/2014Our favorite restourant in that area. We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, have done brunchYongeNEggDined on 3/9/2014Great food, have done brunch and drinks several times and haven't been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014This restaurant is one of the best the city has to offer. The food, wine, service and ambiance combine to make this a wonderful and memorable dining experience. I could go on and on. Bravo La Vecchia! RobinSpecial Features:
- Great service and ambiencePhilDined on 2/16/2014Showed up for reservation and was instantly seated. Great service, very professional and energetic. Short wait for drinks and food. Good quality food and decent portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodmaralDined on 2/16/2014We all enjoyed the food, but we had made reservations two weeks in advance with a special note about our seating. It was completely ignored and they made us wait at the bar standing for 10 minutes. They gave the table that should have been reserved for us to someone that walked in right before us...that was a real disappointment. I had out of Towners and it was our one dinner out, it was a let down...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a birthdayJk13Dined on 2/13/2014We had a great meal and great experience at La Vecchia. Service was exceptional as always and the ambiance was conducive to conversation. This was the perfect spot to have a birthday celebration with a spouse. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant for your next special event or celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2014food was very good and service outstanding - the restaurant went out of their way to accommodate my guest and me.
- Girls BrunchrednrDined on 2/8/2014We were a group of 4 girls. We ran approximately 30 minutes late due to a major accident on the highway, which authorities were trying to clear. We were greated with a smile, and immediately taken to our table. They did not give it away and were so understanding. Staff is friendly, inviting and knowledge in the wine department.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a SmileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014From the moment I stepped into the restaurant the service was wonderful. Our waiter had a fabulous smile. was helpful and so very friendly. Food was excellent and the place was very romantic. Do yourself a favour and an a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageTorontoGamblersVIPDined on 1/21/2014Nothing wrong with it but nothing that will bring me back. Service was pretty good.
- Why I Keep Coming BackJenVanDined on 1/21/2014This restaurant is about an hour from where I live but I keep coming back with friends and family for the food and service. Both are outstanding and better than expected every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushroom RisottoRebecca18VIPDined on 1/19/2014Mushroom risotto is a must order! Service was wonderful! Great experience!!Special Features:
- Business Lunch With ClientsuperdinerDined on 1/15/2014The experience was amazing. Every aspect of the service was exceptional. It has been a long time since I've been to a restaurant with that level of service. Our client was very impressed and we would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.