La Vecchia Ristorante
2405-A Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2E7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Vecchia Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lavecchia.ca/
- Phone: (416) 489-0630
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Aurora Stranges
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Vecchia Ristorante
Take a trip to old world Italy without ever leaving Toronto. Located in the fashionable area of Yonge and Eglinton, La Vecchia delivers the authentic taste of Italy with a genuine Italian ambiance. From the stone and stucco walls covered in Italian pictures and art, La Vecchia captures the essence of Italian dining with European flair and culinary excellence. The menu is old world, with a strong focus on fresh, quality cuisine. We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Vecchia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (28)romantic (27)special occasion (24)hot spot (15)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (11)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We both enjoyed our lunch and the complimentary limoncello......nice touch. We plan to have lunch there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Food was great, nice atmosphere and friendly service. A place to go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty italian treat for the Yonge-Eglinton area.RacatsterDined on 11/18/2014The meal was just as expected, with no hidden surprises. Quaint, lovely and even romantic, this little Italian neighbourhood gem is a treat for those in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Food was excellent and so was the service. Will definitley return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLulumcDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. The ambiance was lovely, very cool spot for a romantic dinner. We will definitely return and would recommend to anyone looking for a great restaurant experience.Special Features:
- JoanneDined on 10/9/2014Great food. Great Vibe. But noisey and really slow service. Just know in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was terrible experiencewith6kiesDined on 10/7/2014It was our special night to celebrate engagement of my friend. we made reservation through open table and when my friends got there 5 minutes before i arrive, server say my name was not on the list so didnt give them a table even though there was plenty of table until i arrive. server wasnt available and taking care of other tables even if we raised our hand for attention. while we are having our main even though our dinner wasnt done, we still had more than half of dish was left they asked us twice and try to take away our dishes. That happend again while we are having our dessert. We felt Very insulting and felt like they are trying to send us away asap. This restaurant def ruined our special night to celebrate my friends engagement.
- MarjorieDined on 10/5/2014treated is well gave us a free dessert as we waited a bit for our meal it was a busy timeSpecial Features:
- ALH63Dined on 9/24/2014Our whole family's favourite spot in our neighborhood by far - consistently excellent food, friendly / professional service and a great atmosphere. Very good value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineimundecidedVIPDined on 9/23/2014Good not great. Nice menu food basic. Would not rush backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great ambiance, very good food and friendly staff. The wine list by the glass is very small and the bread is terrible.Special Features:
- LondonDined on 9/11/2014I can the second time around to celebrate my Birthday. I received the same service as I did the first time. I do not eat much sea food out ,due to allergies . I was very pleased that I was accommodated with my special food request.Special Features:
- Never DissapointsActionjaxDined on 9/8/2014Again another amazing meal. Food is always spot on and the service is quick and friendly. The place is very busy so reservations are a must. Even then you may end up waiting a bit as they clear for second sittings. But the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing!!AmZ1188Dined on 9/4/2014Went for a last minute dinner and I loved every minute of it. The service was amazing, our waiter was classy, friendly and definitely knew how to entertain people and the food was outstanding! The vibe and overall feel of the restaurant was cozy rustic Italian, which I love, so I am without a doubt coming back again..Special Features:
- It's my go-to!drvonnostrandDined on 8/25/2014I work in the area and this place is my go-to when I want Italian and/or guaranteed good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great service, perfectCiroDined on 8/20/2014ambiance.....a must come back to place....we all had a great evening...compliments to our waiter!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AbdurDined on 8/14/2014Decided to check out La Vecchia based on good to great reviews I'd read online. The reviews were100% correct. Customer service was phenomenal and the food was simply delicious!!! Will be recommending to my friends and definitely will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delish!CooperKayDined on 8/13/2014Brought out of town family here for dinner. Great Ambience, lively feel, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. They went as far as saying this was the best Italian restaurant they have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodBdagirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014great food - good wine list, authentic feel - I think nonna still works in the kitchen :)Special Features:
- The following 186 reviews are from the La Vecchia Ristorante reviews archive.
- always good foodmunstaDined on 7/20/2014Fresh food, great service. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for risottoyummyyummyDined on 7/11/2014Great food! Had the risotto porcini and it was amazing! Our server was very friendly and the service was very good. Tiramisu was excellent as well. It melts in your mouth. Would definitely go back and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real go-to placeAlCathVIPDined on 7/5/2014Choose La Vecchia for its varied menu, reasonable prices, good wines and friendly service. Always a reliable place to eat in the city--we've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- VERY GOODLvdiningDined on 6/30/2014The restaurant was busy, but they had our table waiting for us. The service was prompt. The food was excellent. I intend on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunnyDined on 6/29/2014I would have no qualms of recommending La Vecchia to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyKettlebyKatDined on 6/17/2014Food and service is consistently good whether it is for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch...best serviceluv2dineDined on 6/12/2014I went with a friend for lunch to La Vecchia. Our server was excellent. Attentive, friendly, made suggestions, did not rush us -- the perfect server! The food was very good. I had veal with gorgonzola and tomatoes. Very tasty. We added a glass a wine to celebrate, but it considerably pushed up the price for lunch. My suggestion to diners on a budget is to enjoy the excellent food and avoid the booze.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014This was the second time that I entertaine a client group at this restaurant. The only negative is that the noise level is so loud that it was very difficult to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm and friendlyRoxiDined on 5/30/2014While the food wasn't the best part of my experience, and it usually is at LA Vecchia, the service and overall experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okCatmirDined on 5/16/2014We arrived 18 min early and the gentleman at the door was not very friendly or nice. He pointed out that we are early and went to check the reservation. We asked if we could sit at the bar - we had no problem ordering drinks while waiting - however he said we had to move out of he way because he to sit people at the table we were standing next to. It looked like we caused him grief by arriving 18 min early. Our server was ok - he had a bit of attitude but not as bad as the gentleman seating us. The only staff that was exceptional was the bartender - he cared if the drinks were good and he smiled when he served us. This restaurant needs to take lessons from Grazies up the street - much better staff and they treat you like gold!Special Features:
- Tasty delicious italian food!FoodDined on 5/12/2014Best italian food that i have been to so far. Reasonably priced too. Our waiter was absolutely amazing, funny, and entertaining! Definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageGlacierDined on 5/6/2014Nothing special to say. Food was served quickly and was OK (mini-pizza and plump chicken breast). It was a little bit cool inside, but could be because we came early and restaurant was not full of people. Not the greatest service, but I guess acceptable for the lunch during business week. Prices are average-high.
- Go to La VecchiaGrad2014Dined on 5/2/2014La Vecchia's atmosphere is quite enjoyable. Jason our server was very kind, helpful and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. The food is excellent, I have yet to go and find something on the menu that I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, selective serviceTravelsToEatDined on 5/2/2014Atmosphere was very romantic, dimly lit, well decorated. However as dinner went on, the restaurant got louder and louder, which was not really desirable; affected the romantic atmosphere. My dish was missing scallops while my friend who ordered the same dish got hers. When we told the waiter, he said "i'll have the chef redistribute the dish. They cook it together and divide it". Seems strange that my friend would need to give up her scallops for me... we also were not told our specials (mains and desserts) while tables beside us were volunteered the specials. doesn't seem like all guests get treated equally here. Didn't feel too good about that. All appetizer, mains, desserts tasted great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always feel like family.BernbyVIPDined on 5/1/2014After living near LV for a few years, I was a regular patron and happily enjoyed being treated like family. But I came to realize it's how they approach everyone here. It's a very high energy place, bustling with waiters, handshakes and lots and lots of groups - but that's the attraction. There's always a long list of Italian specials. Your favourite pasta's and seafood on the regular menu. And great desserts. It's really a neighbourhood gem that you would have a tough time replicating as it's front area is great in the summer with the open windows and view of the Yonge/Eg area. Highly reccomend.Special Features:
- Fresh yum!!!!Yum77Dined on 4/18/2014This is one of my fave restaurants!!!! It never disappoints. The service is always great. The food is fabulous. The Caprese salad is so good! The four cheese gnocchi is delisious! Basically you can't go wrong! Make a reservation. Great dessert too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavEbesDined on 4/18/2014Has never ceased to impress. The service is always outstanding. Don't look at the menu; just order the pasta special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysSteveDined on 4/12/2014My favourite restaurant in the city. Always great service and food. The mussels were really good and veal scalloping was excellent. I would always recommend it. The dessert special was really nice now that the menu had changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every moment, bite & drop.Tomkat9700Dined on 4/10/2014Service was wonderful, food was perfection & wine selection offered just the right accents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mixed BagcompassDined on 4/9/2014Calamari was tough. Portions were small. Extremely noisy. Staff were great.Special Features:
- A little too busy and crowded. HadDarwinianDined on 4/5/2014A little too busy and crowded. Had to wait some time for my table - even though it was booked for 9pm. Service and food were very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.