La Vecchia - Reno
3005 Skyline Blvd # 160
Reno, NV 89509Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Vecchia - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavecchiareno.com/
- Phone: (775) 825-1113
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Alberto Gazzola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 15 to 300, sit down, buffet or small bites. Full bar, wine, beer service.
- Private Party Facilities: AV ready room for up to 25 guests. Separate main dining room accommodate 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alberto Gazzola 7758251113x
- Entertainment: Patio Dining from May - September.
BYOB with no corkage fee all day Tuesday.
We hold quarterly special events like wine dinners, cocktail events and more. Go to www.lavechhiareno.com for more info.
A word from La Vecchia - Reno
The philosophy behind La Vecchia is to create a casual but refined ambiance, in which we prepare and serve authentic/progressive Northern Italian fare at reasonable prices. We have a fantastic seasonal patio dining overlooking Reno. No-corkage Tuesday’s BYOB. Live music most Sundays. Our chef and his staff want diners to feel comfortable and welcome. Our pasta is made in house and so are our ravioli, we feature thin crusted, handcrafted wood-fired pizza. We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment and support sustainable agriculture through our purchases. Our menu comprise the freshest local and California organic ingredients, and change seasonally. A local neighborhood restaurant for 23 years and a great gathering spot with beer on tap and expertly crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Vecchia - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
La Vecchia - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (19)romantic (13)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- good viewfoodlover53Dined on 11/15/2014first time since it moved to this location always liked the food and wine list before. our drinks where made to perfection. waiter was very pleasant and knew his menu. had a great time will not take this much time before we return again. the food was great , in all a great time had by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the Neighborhood GemrecommendVIPDined on 11/11/2014La Vecchia's new location has not changed their excellent food and service. Noise, however, is quite a bit higher. Find a table in the corner; try to stay away from large groups. That said, it still is a neighborhood gem and a wonderful place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Food with Scenic ViewsToughCriticDined on 11/8/2014La Vecchia serves very good Italian food and their location provides great views of the Truckee Meadows. They are located in the western foothills and the view corridor looks eastward over Reno and Sparks. You will find many classic Italian dishes that are well prepared. The menu is mostly ala carte and dinner with an appetizer, entree and one glass of wine or a cocktail will cost about $40-$45 per person. The restaurant has a good wine list with several choices of wines available by the glass at reasonable prices along with a full bar.Special Features:
- YumChefBPC1981Dined on 11/7/2014Service was good food was great and price not bad can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew? GREAT spot for lunchfoodluverDined on 11/6/2014Was looking for an upscale spot to celebrate a birthday with the girls. Since Harrah's Steakhouse is no longer serving lunch and there are few good dinner spots Reno that serve lunch, I was at a loss. Someone suggested La Vecchia. Wow! What a fun surprise. The two standout dishes were a savory gnocchi with pork belly and sage, and the Salad Nicoise...very attractive and generous and the best I've had in Reno. The staff was friendly, fun and flexible. I'd added a note to my reservation and without further prompting,our waiter surprised the birthday girl with a piece of LaVecchia's signature tiramisu with a candle. Perfect for a business lunch, or celebration and affordable enough for a casual date with friends.Special Features:
- One of my Reno favourites...eatingisanartDined on 10/31/2014This is one of our families favourite restaurant spots. It is in our neighborhood. The staff is excellent and the food outstanding. They have a great list of appetizer's. The entrée's are fabulous. Top it off with their in house new desserts. In the summer eating out on the patio is great. Whether you are looking for a romantic spot or a place to gather with family this is the place. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everTallGuyDined on 10/26/2014Took out of town guests to an early dinner. We made reservations via opentable. We arrived about 4 or 5 minutes early. There was one table in the main dining area occupied, far from the view. The greeter first tried to put us in the small room next to the bar, far from the windows. When we asked for a table in the main dining room, where all the wish tables were empty she directed us to a table removed from the windows again "We assign those table to people with reservations" After I objected that I had made reservations, we were seated at a better table by the woman who would be our server. It seems open table reservations are second class. BUT, after a bad start, our server was excellent and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014Wow, what a find in Reno, Nice little locals place with really good Italian food and friendly service. Worth trying to find on Skyline.Special Features:
- Consistently tasty!!!!JBJRNDined on 10/21/2014We come to this restaurant fairly often as the food is always good, they have a wood fired pizza oven, BYO on Tuesdays with no corkage fee and a great view. The service is very efficient and friendly, parking easy and free. The dishes aren't particularly heavy and they use seasonal sides and the portions are perfect. Check the menu out online but they also have great specials too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian restaurantHowieHDined on 10/8/2014We introduced some friends to La Vecchia. The service and food are consistently good. We've never had a meal we disliked there, and we go on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I absolutely love this restaurant, which is why I chose it for my birthday dinner. I have to say this time the experience was disappointing from both a service and food standpoint. Service: It was quite slow for a Sunday night, especially with a hungry 7 year old. Food: My salad - the spinach and pear - was overdressed, my daughter's gnocchi was overcooked and the tomato-basil sauce was under-salted and my linguini with clams sauce was over-salted. My husband's ravioli were the best of the 3 entrees. I'll go back because I am going to chalk this up to an off night, but it will be hard to talk my husband who isn't a huge fan of Italian to go back with me for another special occasion.Special Features:
- First TimerFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time eating at La Vecchia. Over all the food, service and atmosphere were very good. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. He suggested wine based on our description of want we liked; we enjoyed it very much. We tried several dishes: eggplant app was excellent and a nice portion. We ordered the ravioli and just loved it. The ingredients and flavor hit the spot. Our only slight disappointment was that we had pizza which was very good except we wish the sauce had a bit more zip/flavor. But then again, we've had pizza in NYC, Italy and around the world. Overall we will be back to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:
- Perfect!BestRenoDined on 9/23/2014We have dined here as a couple and with a group - both times were fabulous! The food is delicious, especially the homemade pastas. The wait staff is very very attentive and welcoming. We wish there were more locally owned one of kind treasures like La Vecchia. The location affords fabulous city views and the outdoor patio is wonderful. The ambiance inside is chic and comfortable. From the marinated olives to scrumptious starters and delectable entrees, prepared to be delighted.Special Features:
- Still good!larryandmarVIPDined on 9/20/2014Hadn't been to restaurant in many years but found the food was better than ever. Great pasta with great variety and specials. Salmon was wild and wonderful. Wine pour was generous and wine selection very good. Food for young grandkids was appropriate for kids and they enjoyed it too. Tiramisu was top notch. Service was fabulous. A surprisingly wonderful experience for a last minute choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first time at La Vecchia, and we really enjoyed it. There was a very loud and large party in the dining room, which is not the management's fault, though they could take steps to discourage such large parties (service charges etc) if they wanted to commit to the intimate atmosphere they seem to be going for. We also had the table nearest the dining room, the entrance to which is not very well designed -- every time the doors open light and noise spills out, which is fine for a more lively atmosphere, but it really destroys the low light, romantic ambiance they're trying to create. A redesign of the kitchen entrance would go a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ls1togoDined on 9/11/2014always good food, although always a little butter....ambiance is always pleasant and outdoors on a nice evening is bestSpecial Features:
- Another wonderful experienceParkyDined on 9/9/2014Dinner at La Vecchia has always been a delightful experience. Good service and great food.Special Features:
- Over cooked chicken & beefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014When even the waitress notices (at the end of the meal), that you've barely touched your well-done steak (since you ordered medium rare), that's not a good sign. Also, I had out of town guests on their first visit to Reno, and their chicken dish was over-cooked and dry. I've noticed that the quality of the food has been slipping lately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It was a special occasion we went for my birthday they put us in a corner it was dark I could not see my food the lights were dim but I do like to see what I'm eating also it was very cold my kids were complaining about the place being cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT A ROMANZAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I researched Italian restaurants in Reno looking for the best. It looked like this would be a great choice based on the reviews. The service and food was just average. The ambiance was not elegant or romantic. It was more of a nice strip mall cafe with decent fare. I will be going back to Romanze for my next visit where you feel like you're in an upscale Italian restaurant and are treated to fantastic food with great service.
- Great neighborhood restaurantjimboDined on 8/17/2014La Vecchia was a true find. It is located in a small strip mall high on a hill in a residential neighborhood in SW Reno. Every food item that we tried was great. Although I don't get to Reno often, I'm adding this to my list of places to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM IN RENO DINING AMBIENCEMIKEEEESDined on 8/17/2014perfect view for any occasion--the chef has a handle of presenting Italian dinning in the RENO/SPARKS community 5 STARSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for conversationNickDined on 8/14/2014Good place for conversation with good food, excellent service, great view, and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted Fine DinnerfoodandfriendsDined on 8/8/2014I was in Reno with a friend who wanted to have a great dining experience. I suggested Vecchia. When the waiter listed the evening specials, my friend wanted all of them. He had soup and the special Duck/Rissotto; I had the baby spinach salad and the pumpkin raviolli with sage, and sausage ragout (my go-to dish). We both cleaned our plates with no room for dessert. The food was excellent. The meal was fairly priced and we enjoyed the view from the outside table. Thanks, Vecchia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceJmanDined on 8/8/2014Tried an appetizer and a salad off the menu and followed with special ravioli and duck breast with risotto. Food was well prepared and arrived on a timely basis for the most part. Service was hit and miss but friendly.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.RuthieGDined on 8/1/2014but...they could not find my confirmed Open Table reservation. They were able to find us a table, but not one by the window as I had requested. The food was great (four of us ordered different entrees and the four of us were happy with our choices), the waiter timed everything perfectly and it was a very nice evening with friends. Great menu, comprehensive wine list.Special Features:
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 7/31/2014We are from the San Francisco area but were staying the night in Reno. We are so glad we checked Open Table to find this restaurant. It pays to go early, 5:00 to 6:00, as by 7:00 it is packed and does get a bit noisy but it is well worth it. They prepare practically all of their food in house, including the gelato which was excellent. They also have a number of unusual dishes like a salad which consists of a head of lettuce cut in half, turned upside down, broiled with oil, and topped with cheese. It was so good. I had salmon which they said was shipped in that morning from Bodega Bay (our San Francisco area region). It was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The service also was superb.Special Features:
- First time dinerDukeDined on 7/30/2014My two friends and I booked La Vecchia as part of our trip to enjoy Hot August Nights, and were pleased with our decision. The reception and service was outstanding, and the food, while not quite excellent in all respects, was quite good. If I return to Reno next year, I would be happy to dine here again.Special Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the La Vecchia - Reno reviews archive.
- La Vecchia ViewsueellenDined on 7/26/2014To find a view like this where you can watch the city come alive with light and glow usually means great view okay food but not at La Vecchia. Chef Alberto clearly loves to cook and has the chops to pull off almost any dish (and the chops are delicious too). Our dinner was creative and expertly cooked from the appetizer to our dessert (lavender gelato). Chef Alberto has the best pizza in Reno. His risotto is perfect you cry when the last bit is on your fork. They raise their own vegetables nearby and will give you a tour where do you find a gem like this – the top of Skyline.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a great lunch at LaVecchia. The food was delicious, particularly the mushroom ravioli. Our server, Julio, took excellent care of us, and gave us most excellent advice on ordering dessert - the Panna Cotta is on the menu all the time, the most excellent chocolate hazelnut gelato is not. The gelato was to die for! Great view of downtown Reno, too. We're looking forward to going back again soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLoraMVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was our 4th time to this restaurant. Food is always excellent & service very attentive. Views of the city (Reno) are terrific from the patio, eat outside if u can. We made our reservation through Open Table (as we usually do). Because it was our 33rd anniversary, which I mentioned in the "special request box", I requested a table inside by the window. We were disappointed. We sat in the middle of the restaurant and no one even acknowledged our anniversary!!! That said, we will return but being it was such a special occasion a little acknowledgement would have gone along way. My husband wondered if we had made our reservation with a phone call if things would have been different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at La Vecchia.ChristineDined on 6/26/2014Dinner was great. The duck was perfectly done and the service super.Special Features:
- Never disappointedNiqueDined on 6/21/2014The food is always excellent. Had the salmon, typically don't care much for salmon. La Vecchia's version has made a convert of me! Only criticism: noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteDocka1Dined on 6/18/2014La Vecchia is one of my favorite restaurants in Reno. The food and service is always outstanding. I have never been disappointed. Everything from the wine list to dessert is excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingSSFEaterVIPDined on 6/15/2014We didn't order off the menu, but the specials were some of the best food we have ever had and the service was impeccable. When in the area,it is now a go-to place.Special Features:
- DisappointedMikeDined on 6/13/2014Firstly I must say I love this place the food and service is always great. Last weekend we had a special event a 75 th b day party just a group of five ...the food was good as usual ..but the service was extremely slow and the wait person lethargic and not connected with the group at all. very unusual for la Vecchia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eggplant was delicious..BUT….yummyDined on 6/8/2014This time the food was not quite as good as the last few times. I order the ravioli - it was over done, stuck together and the presentation was not very appetizing. However, the eggplant appetizer was very good and the chicken dishes that my husband and mom ordered were very good. Celebrated moms 83 birthday and they didn't even bring a tiny dessert, VERY DISAPPOINTED. Have been several times since moving to Reno last year but because they didn't make my moms birthday special (and they knew it was a birthday dinner) we will probably not return. Great restaurant for all ages and the patio views are very pretty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We had a nice evening, the food was good and atmosphere pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Escape from Downtown RenoLive2EatDined on 6/6/2014I was in Reno for a quick 1 night stay while racing the California Enduro Series mountain bike race on Peavine Mountain. We were looking for something away from all the smelly casinos. Well, did we get lucky!! La Vecchia is about as far away as you can get from the downtown scene yet it is a short, scenic drive up the hill on Skyline Drive. We were lucky enough to get a table out on the patio, and we had one of the best views in the city. So this is all just window dressing for the real thing: the food and the service. Our server Cory was great; seriously passionate about the offerings on the menu and just a lot of fun to talk with. I went with his recommendation of one of the night's Chef's specials which was great. Overall - excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We returned to La Vecchia for another great dinner with friends. There was a table open out on the patio and the weather was perfect. The couple we had dinner with are from Italy and they really enjoyed the food and wine. We look forward to returning again!Special Features: