La Vecchia Cucina
2654 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Vecchia Cucina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavecchia.com/
- Phone: 3103997979
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Mark Mollica
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more details about your private event.
A word from La Vecchia Cucina
La Vecchia Cucina has been Santa Monica, California's finest neighborhood Italian restaurant since 1990, located by the blue Pacific on historic Main Street. Whether you're in the mood for a quick lunch, a full course dinner, an evening snack, or something in between, La Vecchia Cucina offers outstanding Italian cuisine, a great wine list, a luxurious selection of desserts, a full bar, great service and a relaxed atmosphere. News: La Vecchia Cucina is NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH all week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Vecchia Cucina - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
La Vecchia Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (40)romantic (27)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)good for groups (17)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014I have sworn off reviews for open table but cant resist giving this restaurant it's due. The food was really delicious and in an area that abounds with restaurants this one has been going for so long and continues to keep the quality of the food and the menu tops. I would have dinner there anytime as opposed to some of the trendier spots nearby. Definitely a "must go".Special Features:
- Good Food With Plenty of NoiseLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/19/2014I like this restaurant very much.....service is always accommodating, bread is good, ambiance is pleasant (tables are very close to one another), mixed green salad was enjoyable and my Chicken Milanaise was outstanding. Other in our party enjoyed their pasta dishes. We are older so the noise was a factor in our liking the place rather than loving it. The acoustics are such that we would either go very early or late in hopes that we could tolerate the din. The style of the day is NOISE!!!!!Special Features:
- Fred13daDined on 8/30/2014Can always count on good food and service. Nice vibe but too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian crowd-pleaserChuckTDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a good restaurant close to where we are staying in Venice. Found LVC based on online reviews and our group of 5 adults gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up. We were seated within 15 minutes of our actual res. time on a busy Friday night. Waitress was attentive, engaging, and helpful. We had a wide variety of dishes and everyone said their food was excellent. Good wine selection. Definitely an "energetic" noise level. We enjoyed it, were glad we went, and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still great butvisitfromvanDined on 8/26/2014visiting from vancouver I often stop at Levecchia and have always looked forward to taking friends and family with me. Still a great spot but found on this trip it had slipped a notch . Portions seemed to be larger, took longer and didn't quite live up to the hype i'd given them . I felt like i was at cheesecake factory when the salad arrived. Still a good four out of five for me but first few times I was there it was a full on five . Tasty and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Good start, but too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014Hate to be a downer, but after a decent start with the apps (burratta special was the only real lone standout of the night) the meal crashed and burned with the entrees. In a party of 8 different plates, not a one was beyond merely just OK. The kitchen seems to lack a deft touch with the garlic, the truffles, the salt, you name it.
- Wonderful spot for lunchMamaVIPDined on 8/22/2014La Vecchia Cucina is a great lunch spot. Dinner there can be rather frenetic. Lunch is serene, food is sublime and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The prix fixe lunch at $14.00 is a true bargain. One can choose from a long list of appetizers (including the best fried calamari around) and a half portion of any of the delicious pastas, or perhaps a pizza or sandwich. Service is attentive. I look forward to returning for dinner in the near future. Something quite lovable about this restaurant. Perhaps, it is the utter lack of pretentiousness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotDScottDined on 8/21/2014Has fabulous bread and dipping oil with crushed garlic and herbs yummy! Pizza's are amazing, pasta withe lobster was delicious. Tables are pretty close together, good people watching but if I were to say something negative it would be the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Home Away From HomeFromagerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love La Vecchia!!! The food is top notch, superb service, amazing happy hour, and decent prices!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner SuccessOYLFREEDined on 8/16/2014We needed a last-minute table for 4 for our 18th Wedding Anniversary. Open Table came through and we had an amazing evening. Jordi was easily the best waiter I have ever been served by - he was friendly but not intrusive, extremely knowledgable about the menu and the restaurant and an overall great guy. Because of Open Table's "notes" section they knew it was our anniversary ahead if time and brought out a celebratory dessert which a shocked my husband! Highly recommend La Vecchia Cucina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service !OK99Dined on 8/9/2014The authentic Cicilian cuisine, with outstanding quality of ingedients by Chef Mark, is unmatched. The ambience is energetic and yet romantic. The service is impecable. A real treat for Lunch as well, if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in S. Monica -maybe LAYummyfoodonlyplsDined on 8/6/2014Food was off the charts. Had the Caprese Salad, Rigatone Bolognese, Filet Mignon all perfect. It was my birthday & they brought dessert on the house. The service is impeccable. Would dine there anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryLoveEatingOutDined on 7/31/2014Food quality excellent. Fresh pasta and seafood was beyond delicious. Service was attentive, and helpful with regard to menu choices. Caesar salad a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodbradjstkVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very nice atmosphere, reasonably priced and extensive wine list, good service and food. Had a very enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!NicoleSDined on 7/27/2014We went here as part of the DineLA deal and was pleasantly surprised! The calamari in particular was absolutely delicious. The cocktails were fantastic as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fantastico!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014After discovering this restaurant at the LA Food&Wine 2013, it had been on my list of places to try this year. Luckily there was DineLA going on, SUCH great value. Regular menu is quite vast so this helped make an easy decision on what to try first, next time I can go a la carte and get adventurous. Burrata to start which was perfection. I had the Sea Urchin Spaghetti, sooo yummy finished the whole plate! My husband had the Alla Checca Pizza, cooked perfectly! Mom had Seabass, huge portion and delicious. Rest of the table had Lamb Ragu, which they all finished aswell. Desserts were either Panna Cotta or Tiramisu - DELISH. All 3 course meals were $35 each. Amazing. I cant wait to go back and try the rest f the menu!Special Features:
- consistingly goodMackDined on 7/25/2014Reservation time respected. Good bar. Good service. Excellent kitchen. Basic Italian with a modern twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with the wife!RevBadDined on 7/25/2014Excellently prepared food! The fried zucchini blossoms served with the lightly spiced marinara sauce made me think of the ones I had in Rome. Definitely looking to go again soon.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRickiDined on 7/23/2014One of my two favorite Italian restaurants in Los Angeles. The food is always consistently good. Their rigatoni bolognese is in my opinion the best in LA. They also have a burrata, tomato, basil and procuitto salad that is out of this world. You can't go wrong with any of their dishes, but their pasta dishes are especially outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect restaurantRonFVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food & service is top rate. Enjoyed everything about this restaurant. There were 4 of us and each ordered different things and each dish was great. The deserts were super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all agreed it was greatlaminvaDined on 7/20/2014There were 4 in our party and we all agreed that this was a great restaurant. We had the fixed price menu that was part of LA restaurant week. The ravioli first course was delicious and so was the seafood salad. We all had the filet for our main course. It was tender and flavorful. The vegetables that accompanied the main course were excellent. And the desserts were terrific. I had the Tiramasu that was the best I have had. We loved this restaurant.Special Features:
- Charming Neighborhood Italian RestoPJFWDined on 7/18/2014We were treated by our daughter during restaurant week (extremely reasonable prices - $35.00 for 3-course meal). We expected dinner selections/service might not be as good as at other times, but to the contrary, on Friday eve we had a delightful relaxed meal. Seated on time, our waiter was friendly & helpful, menu choices were varied: at least 5 items for each course and in our party of four, we all had delicious food (outstanding tomato & burrata salads, seafood salad also very good, delicious pasta main as well as steak filets cooked just right and stuffed chicken that was to die for! Desserts were light and tasty - panna cotta and tiramisu). Corkage was $20. We will definitely return to this lively charming dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La VCorbycorbVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food is always excellent and service is above par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodDietSchmietDined on 7/14/2014Some amazing dishes, made to perfection every time. I highly recommend the Tagliata Di Manzo, Capriccio Imperiale and the Melanzane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb Chop is GoodAnneDined on 7/14/2014The lamb shop is good! My mom wanted it well done and it was still juicy and delicious.Special Features:
- Best Italian on Main Street!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014A total neighborhood gem! Love dining at the bar (awesome bartenders). Any item I have ever tried on this menu is outstanding. The pizzas, pastas (they have gluten free…just ask), salads, fish & chicken entrees are well rounded and I am convinced can meet anyones liking. The best arriabiata tomato sauce I have ever had. Great wine selection. The staff is always warm and coming into this restaurant always feels like eating amongst family.Special Features:
- LA VECCHIASUFOODIEDined on 7/5/2014WONDERFUL FOOD AND SERVICE ALL ENTREES WERE VERY GOOD ALL FOUR OF US ENJOYED THE DINNERSpecial Features:
- Great Food, wonderful locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014I love it here, good food, great service, and good price pointSpecial Features:
- So great we went there twice!windywooDined on 6/30/2014Visiting LA from New York, a friend recommended this restaurant to us. We were a large group and they were able to accommodate us no problem. We had such a fantastic dinner that we came back again with another group of people a few days later and had an equally amazing meal. Everyone in our party enjoyed it so much..I highly recommend the pizza which my kids loved! the pastas were delicious..and the lasagne superb! A great scene..and excellent wine list. We definitely will be back when we visit LA again.Special Features:
- Santa MonacaEljohnDined on 6/30/2014Excellent Italian food, the bus staff was very attentive but the wait staff didn't check back very much. All together the food made up for the service short comings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23 Years and still our favorite23stillinloveDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I have been going to La Vecchia for 23 year. This restaurant still our favorite, we are what one might considered "foodies". La Vecchia is the baseline for any restaurant that we go to. We have been to many 5 stars restaurant in Europe, Canada and Mexico - La Vecchia is always #1. Our favorite dishes are the lamb chops(Costelette D'Agnello) and the filet mignon (Filetto Al Porto) and for dessert the lemon curt tart with almonds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee74Dined on 6/25/2014Been here many times, still pleases after all these years. Yep, a few thing's have been changed around and some dishes are a couple of dollars more but not too expensive. Not sure if they still have it since I am a light weight and didnt have it last week, however, liked the rosemary-infused vodka on the rocks. A girlfriend and I dropped by early eve. and had it and a delicious leisurely meal. Favorite dis is Farfalla La Veccia. Bow-tie pasta with lobster, soo good. It gets busy from about 7 p.m. until closing so make reservations.Special Features:
- Perfect ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Although a bit noisy and crowded, this Italian serves perfect old-school food. We eat here very time we visit Santa Monica. The kitchen is sure-handed and efficient. Salads are wonderful. Ceasar is bursting with garlic and lemon. My husband's caprese featured outstanding and creamy mozzarella. Pastas are done perfectly al dente. The veal piccata is unparalleled, perfectly cooked in a zingy lemon sauce with capers. Lasagna is delicious. The tiramisu is one of the best I've had. Shout out to Nico for running a smooth house. See you next time!Special Features:
- Good food - LOUDMackDined on 6/13/2014Always good food, but a very high noise level. Good waitstaff, but too long to take orders. Not exceptional bartenders? Lots of little kids until about 7:30.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was very good, but would agree with others who said that they do not know how to handle the weekend business. Our 3rd person on party of 3 was a half hour late. Since we walked in the Manager at the computer made a big deal about wanting the table yet at no time did they absolutely need to seat it. After taking the table away, we told our party not to come. The two they sat bought two glasses of wine and entrees. Our 3rd party, who was bringing a 4th, would have spent over $200 as we did. When we ask for someone who might care, the guy who came over just wanted to argue our point. Our waiter Matt did a great job. As busy as they were, he read that we wanted to take our time.Special Features:
- Romantic with impeccable serviceHappyDinerDined on 6/6/2014Excellent service, white table cloths, great food. Fantastic place for special occasion, but I could eat there a couple times a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Pleased!MangiaMadnessDined on 6/6/2014Every time I go to La Vecchia, before the check arrives I'm already making plans to come back. The service was top notch, the food was spectacular and the portions perfect. Because it was a special occasion, the manager sent over a dessert on the house which was a wonderful way to end a fabulous meal. They've got a patron for life!Special Features:
- RobJonDined on 5/26/2014Great Italian food and generous portions. Everything our table had was excellent The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 619 reviews are from the La Vecchia Cucina reviews archive.
- My First Time. I'll be back. Great!MamaVIPDined on 5/5/2014As the title says, this was my first time dining at La Vecchia Cucina and I will definitely return. I loved everything about the restaurant. Inviting ambiance, friendly host, great service and oh my, the food was superb.
- Tasty but noisyNYLAgirlDined on 5/3/2014Very good food that is well priced. Our reservation was Saturday at 7:45. We were finally seated after more than a 30 minute wait without any apology. Once we were seated the service was good. The noise level was pretty unbearable. There are very good ceiling sound absorption panels out there...would really help. Would definitely go back but on an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.