La Vecchia Cucina
2654 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Vecchia Cucina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavecchia.com/
- Phone: (310) 399-7979
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Mark Mollica
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more details about your private event.
A word from La Vecchia Cucina
La Vecchia Cucina has been Santa Monica, California's finest neighborhood Italian restaurant since 1990, located by the blue Pacific on historic Main Street. Whether you're in the mood for a quick lunch, a full course dinner, an evening snack, or something in between, La Vecchia Cucina offers outstanding Italian cuisine, a great wine list, a luxurious selection of desserts, a full bar, great service and a relaxed atmosphere. News: La Vecchia Cucina is NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH all week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Vecchia Cucina - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
La Vecchia Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (26)hot spot (20)romantic (17)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Neighborhood GemGourmeterVIPDined on 11/21/2014My veal dish with pasta was good but not hot. The mackerel looked like sardines and was a disappointment for our friend. However, since the food was good and the service was good, the four of us said we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Thanks to open table we managed to get a table at a very popular restaurant at short notice We were seated at our booking time and expertly served. The starters were excellent with the bread and dip to die for!!! My wife and I both had pasta for the main course which were very good but not up to the standard of the first course! That is probably picky perhaps if the first course was not as good my expectations would not have been so high! I feel the restaurant makes the most of the space it has you are not short of personal space, the staff are friendly and very helpful and the meal itself is well presented. When we are in Santa Monica again we will book a table and look forward to a proper Italian feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Westside Go To Italiannew2LADined on 11/7/2014Consistent high-quality food, great service, energetic vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VecchiaCorbycorbVIPDined on 10/31/2014Another amazing meal at La Vecchia. Both the food and service were excellent. Great location and very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- La VecchiaChunkymonkyDined on 10/31/2014As always this place is great. The food is good and consistent. This is my favorite Italian Restaurant on the Westside.Special Features:
- Overall OK experienceblondieDined on 10/19/2014The food was good. My husband said his pasta was a little under cooked. The place is small and very loud. Tables are very close together so you can hear your neighbors conversation. Everything was reasonably priced. I wouldn't recommend for a date but its a good last minute dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and delicious!DDJDVIPDined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed our second visit to La Vecchia. The food choices we all made were delicious and everyone in our party liked their choices. We had an attentive waiter and the ambiance was inviting. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loveeeeee this restaurantRjhappyDined on 10/12/2014All food is delicious here... Never disappoints... Never!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food, decent pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Prix fixe lunch specials were a real deal. Very good staff who responded to my food allergy questions politely and with care (some folks are not so considerate).Special Features:
- Thurston & LuvyBillyJoeRoebeeDoeDined on 10/11/2014Luvy and I arrived for our 7:15 reservation with a bottle of fine Pinot Noir in hand. We were seated within a few minutes. Must say the seating arrangement is a little too intimate for my liking. The wine was uncorked and allowed to breath while I gazed into Luvy's luscious blue eyes.....Oh myyyyy! We enjoyed the delicious basket full of bread and olive oil infused with crushed garlic and basil leaves. (Battali's Ostaria Mozza could learn something regarding the bread here at La Vecchia). We ordered Spaghetti Vechhio Mondo (spaghetti 7 meatballs) and Farfalle La Vechhia (Farfalle tossed with lobster,asparagus,mushrooms,tomato's in a white wine pomodoro). The food was excellent. We also ordered a Chicken Parmigiana for B-Slab. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner for twoMossymonksDined on 10/10/2014Food and service was impeccable We were only in Santa Monica for one night and Trip Advisor advised well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodneedpastaforrideDined on 10/10/2014Food was great, stumbled across restaurant on yelp, will be back when in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceParkyDined on 10/7/2014We were on vacation and had booked a table for my birthday. The staff were very helpful and the service was outstanding. The waitress Liz was amazing and very attentive, filling our wine glasses when needed and ensuring we had everything we needed. At the end of the meal the restaurant gave me a panna cotta with happy birthday written in sauce on the plate. It made my birthday very special. My thanks to everyone for making my birthday memorable. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food90210babyVIPDined on 10/5/2014The only thing that is a miss for me is a few times when we have gone in the manager who I believe he doubles as a host was busy drinking at the bar with girls, while we had to be waited to be greeted and seated. Its just looks odd when the management is the one drinking on the job?!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food - Excellent ServiceJB13Dined on 10/5/2014Service was tops from reservation to exit. Food is obviously prepared with attentiveness and pride without pretensiousness (no little flowers or sprigs of nothing do-dads, etc.), and servings are generous at reasonable prices. Veggies were al dente unless you ask for them to be cooked more. Servers are attentive, but don't seek confirmation every ten minutes, thank you very much. Only drawback is the decibels level, but where can you go these days for a relatively quiet dinner? Good luck. Molten chocolate cake to die for. Also, dont miss the bruschetta to start.Special Features:
- AMAZING!laduree11VIPDined on 10/4/2014This is an energetic restaurant with incredible Italian food. My husband had the Veal Osso Buco and it was the best he's ever had. The Linguine Puttanesca had such incredible flavor that I didn't have to add salt, or wish the flavor profile was more developed -- DELICIOUS! It was the best pasta dish I have had in years. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- La Vecchia CucinaDrRevenueVIPDined on 10/1/2014Pasta Putenesca--excellent--love pasta and find it hard to get really good quality pasta and sauce. It was excellent. The place was very quiet, but nice. Good location. Nice visit with a good friend. I will certainly go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/28/2014Italian menu caught our eye and we were happy to find this restaurant. Service was great and the food was prepared very well. The only drawback is the tables are very close together so intimate conversations are non existent. Probably would have done better sitting at the bar for my wife and I to talk.Special Features:
- Good PlacelbonDined on 9/27/2014Food was great, grabbed an appetizer that consisted of steamed clams and mussels, and a ragu of lamb!Special Features:
- Great food and serviveJasonDined on 9/26/2014Food and service were both great. We had a couple of the salads (my wife and I shared the Wedge Salad), the Lasagna, a couple of pastas and Salmon. All of it was very good. It came out timely and was hot. The bread was excellent. It came with some oil with a little garlic/basil, very tasty. Go early if you can. Went for dinner with my daughter and her friend at 6:30 on a Friday night and it was a little busy, but by 7:15 it was packed. Service was still very good though.Special Features:
- A great place to celebrate!Kristine314Dined on 9/23/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday here the other night and it was fantastic! Service was great, food incredible, wine affordable. I highly recommend this for a smaller celebration of 8 or less and it's a small restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014I have sworn off reviews for open table but cant resist giving this restaurant it's due. The food was really delicious and in an area that abounds with restaurants this one has been going for so long and continues to keep the quality of the food and the menu tops. I would have dinner there anytime as opposed to some of the trendier spots nearby. Definitely a "must go".Special Features:
- Good Food With Plenty of NoiseLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/19/2014I like this restaurant very much.....service is always accommodating, bread is good, ambiance is pleasant (tables are very close to one another), mixed green salad was enjoyable and my Chicken Milanaise was outstanding. Other in our party enjoyed their pasta dishes. We are older so the noise was a factor in our liking the place rather than loving it. The acoustics are such that we would either go very early or late in hopes that we could tolerate the din. The style of the day is NOISE!!!!!Special Features:
- Fred13daDined on 8/30/2014Can always count on good food and service. Nice vibe but too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian crowd-pleaserChuckTVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a good restaurant close to where we are staying in Venice. Found LVC based on online reviews and our group of 5 adults gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up. We were seated within 15 minutes of our actual res. time on a busy Friday night. Waitress was attentive, engaging, and helpful. We had a wide variety of dishes and everyone said their food was excellent. Good wine selection. Definitely an "energetic" noise level. We enjoyed it, were glad we went, and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still great butvisitfromvanDined on 8/26/2014visiting from vancouver I often stop at Levecchia and have always looked forward to taking friends and family with me. Still a great spot but found on this trip it had slipped a notch . Portions seemed to be larger, took longer and didn't quite live up to the hype i'd given them . I felt like i was at cheesecake factory when the salad arrived. Still a good four out of five for me but first few times I was there it was a full on five . Tasty and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Good start, but too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014Hate to be a downer, but after a decent start with the apps (burratta special was the only real lone standout of the night) the meal crashed and burned with the entrees. In a party of 8 different plates, not a one was beyond merely just OK. The kitchen seems to lack a deft touch with the garlic, the truffles, the salt, you name it.
- Wonderful spot for lunchMamaVIPDined on 8/22/2014La Vecchia Cucina is a great lunch spot. Dinner there can be rather frenetic. Lunch is serene, food is sublime and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The prix fixe lunch at $14.00 is a true bargain. One can choose from a long list of appetizers (including the best fried calamari around) and a half portion of any of the delicious pastas, or perhaps a pizza or sandwich. Service is attentive. I look forward to returning for dinner in the near future. Something quite lovable about this restaurant. Perhaps, it is the utter lack of pretentiousness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotDScottDined on 8/21/2014Has fabulous bread and dipping oil with crushed garlic and herbs yummy! Pizza's are amazing, pasta withe lobster was delicious. Tables are pretty close together, good people watching but if I were to say something negative it would be the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Home Away From HomeFromagerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love La Vecchia!!! The food is top notch, superb service, amazing happy hour, and decent prices!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner SuccessOYLFREEDined on 8/16/2014We needed a last-minute table for 4 for our 18th Wedding Anniversary. Open Table came through and we had an amazing evening. Jordi was easily the best waiter I have ever been served by - he was friendly but not intrusive, extremely knowledgable about the menu and the restaurant and an overall great guy. Because of Open Table's "notes" section they knew it was our anniversary ahead if time and brought out a celebratory dessert which a shocked my husband! Highly recommend La Vecchia Cucina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service !OK99Dined on 8/9/2014The authentic Cicilian cuisine, with outstanding quality of ingedients by Chef Mark, is unmatched. The ambience is energetic and yet romantic. The service is impecable. A real treat for Lunch as well, if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in S. Monica -maybe LAYummyfoodonlyplsDined on 8/6/2014Food was off the charts. Had the Caprese Salad, Rigatone Bolognese, Filet Mignon all perfect. It was my birthday & they brought dessert on the house. The service is impeccable. Would dine there anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryLoveEatingOutDined on 7/31/2014Food quality excellent. Fresh pasta and seafood was beyond delicious. Service was attentive, and helpful with regard to menu choices. Caesar salad a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodbradjstkVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very nice atmosphere, reasonably priced and extensive wine list, good service and food. Had a very enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 644 reviews are from the La Vecchia Cucina reviews archive.
- Excellent find!NicoleSDined on 7/27/2014We went here as part of the DineLA deal and was pleasantly surprised! The calamari in particular was absolutely delicious. The cocktails were fantastic as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fantastico!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014After discovering this restaurant at the LA Food&Wine 2013, it had been on my list of places to try this year. Luckily there was DineLA going on, SUCH great value. Regular menu is quite vast so this helped make an easy decision on what to try first, next time I can go a la carte and get adventurous. Burrata to start which was perfection. I had the Sea Urchin Spaghetti, sooo yummy finished the whole plate! My husband had the Alla Checca Pizza, cooked perfectly! Mom had Seabass, huge portion and delicious. Rest of the table had Lamb Ragu, which they all finished aswell. Desserts were either Panna Cotta or Tiramisu - DELISH. All 3 course meals were $35 each. Amazing. I cant wait to go back and try the rest f the menu!Special Features:
- consistingly goodMackDined on 7/25/2014Reservation time respected. Good bar. Good service. Excellent kitchen. Basic Italian with a modern twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with the wife!RevBadDined on 7/25/2014Excellently prepared food! The fried zucchini blossoms served with the lightly spiced marinara sauce made me think of the ones I had in Rome. Definitely looking to go again soon.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRickiDined on 7/23/2014One of my two favorite Italian restaurants in Los Angeles. The food is always consistently good. Their rigatoni bolognese is in my opinion the best in LA. They also have a burrata, tomato, basil and procuitto salad that is out of this world. You can't go wrong with any of their dishes, but their pasta dishes are especially outstanding.Special Features: