1379 Howe Street
(2nd Floor Executive Hotel Vintage Park)
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R5Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavalleerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6046966980
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Boban Kovachevich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For private parties, guests can choose from a wide selection of menu items or let us tailor a menu to meet your needs. Our Sommelier would be happy to offer wine pairings to complete the Wine Country experience. We also have heated patios on the 2nd & 9th floors to host cocktail receptions and social/corporate functions. Restaurant/lounge buyouts are also available.
- Private Party Contact: Priya Gendhi 6046966957
A word from La Vallee
La Vallée is an intimate and elegant dining room inspired by the New World’s greatest wine regions: the Napa, Columbia and Okanagan Valleys. The restaurant offers contemporary wine country cuisine married with fresh local ingredients, in a menu by Corporate Chef Boban Kovachevich. La Vallée’s lively cocktail lounge features inventive libations while the heated garden patio offers a secluded oasis for al fresco dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Vallee reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wedding venueStephanieDined on 9/21/2013The wedding venue was elegant and beautiful. The food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013The service was horrible! We stood for a couple minutes prior to be being greeted at the host stand. We had a travelzoo voucher, however were never asked if we wanted drinks and just had water. At the end of the meal, we were never offered tea/coffee The restaurant is overcrowded with tables.Special Features:
- This was the fourth in a seriesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013This was the fourth in a series of Travelzoo tickets that introduced us to Chef Boban Kovakevich at the Executive Inns in and around the Lower Mainland of BC. The others being Copper Club Grill in Coquitlam, Tivoli's in Burnaby, Carvers in Richmond and now La Vallee in Vancouver. All four had great food but the first two listed had music noise and selection that slightly detracted from the ambiance. Carvers was excellent and now the gem of La Vallee was perfect. The meal, the service and the choice of music and noise level made this the best of them. I recommend La Vallee and will return!Special Features:
- Food was the highlight ofdisgustedVIPDined on 2/28/2013Food was the highlight of the restaurant. Service was good but it was under staffed the night we went, only 2 servers for the whole place.
- The night we went there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2013The night we went there was only one server so service was bit slow, but she did try her best. There were free wine, cheese, cracker etc served on the lobby from 5-6 pm and we're even allowed to bring a sample with us to the restaurant. Very generous and thumbs up for this little gesture. Oh the door man was very friendly who helped my friend (on walker) into the door as well.Special Features:
- Dineout 2013DineouterDined on 2/1/2013Pretty good overall. I did the dine out with a very large group and unfortunatly some drink orders were missed, but thats not too surprising. The food was good, with a little creativity to it. I give this place credit for the effort considering the moderate price. It was $28 set menu and my group and I came with a consensus that it was good find.Special Features:
- Dine out Vancouver providesRoweDined on 2/1/2013Dine out Vancouver provides people with great opportunities to dine at restaurants they may not normally visit. La Vallee is a great example of that. I never knew this gem existed before seeing them featured on DOV. They offered a great menu at a very good price ($28). Although there were a few hiccups with the food (appetizer chicken was a little cold, salad was overdressed), I couldn't blame them due to the volume of diners taking advantage of DOV. I would absolutely return to try out there regular menu.Special Features:
- Never again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013We were not pleased with the service. From the moment we sat down, we felt like we were the corner table in the dark. Another 2 tables that were sitted after us were served before us and finished way before us. My steak arrived warm and my husband and other guest said the fish was bland. The server did not advise us that the dessert we "pre-ordered" has runned out and didn't offer us another choice. I couldn't believe I didn't get a spoon for my tea which I had milk and sugar with. I didn't bother flagging our server down because by the time I would get my spoon, the tea would be cold so I used a knife instead. That's just wrong! Very disappointed with the dine out and to top it off, it wasn't even busy!
- Had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013Had a wonderful experience during Dine Out Vancouver 2013, excellent food and excellent service in a beautiful environment, couldn't ask for more! Would recommend to anyone seeking a special night out.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceGloriaDined on 1/28/2013The crab cakes were alright. Chicken bites were much better. Steak was well done. Not a great selection of dessert but the cheesecake was fair. The only "bad" things regarding the experience was the service. First, our server didn't ask everyone how they wanted their steaks done, we had to tell her. She also forgot the wine that I requested for te wine pairing. And when our dessert came, she don't ask us if we wanted tea or coffee. We had to ask for it after our meal.Special Features:
- Strongly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2013The food was good, tasty and portion was large. We tried the crab cake, steak and cheese cake. The steak was cooked in medium rare, exactly what we ordered. The cheese cake was the best cheese cake we had before. The waitress was nice and provided good service. It was a pity that not many customers dined that night. I would strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I had made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013I had made a reservation for 10 people for Dineout as there were many available spots. I received a voicemail message two days later from the restaurant to say that they are at capacity and would not be able to take my reservation. I called the restaurant and was told that they would not be able to accommodate my party, which was very unfortunate as it affected our plans. There was no offer to make any alternate accommodations (ie: different time, split group into two tables) which did not leave a good impression. I am unsure if it was a glitch in the online system, or the restaurant's disorganization, but nevertheless, I don't see myself dining there any time soon.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013We had a late dinner. The portions were large, even the appetizers. Service was great, staff was friendly and efficient. The restaurant was very quiet as we had an early dinner, however it filled up as we were leaving and the noise level was considerable. I would dine here again for sure. Valet parking was also included, which was nice.Special Features:
- Environment was cozy and comfortablOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Environment was cozy and comfortable. Steak was done in a perfect way to my liking. Cheesecake was fabulous, was very light and melt in your mouth. If the berry on the side can have a bit more sweetness to it and a bit more sauce for the cheesecake, it would make the cheesecake to a perfect touch. Remember to ask for your tea at the end, my waitress forgot to mentioned it to us. Overall, it' a good restaurant and I don't mind to go back againSpecial Features:
- Nice place for a quiet dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Had the DineOut Menu. Spicy and Sweet Chicken was tender and good but could be called "spicy" only with a great stretch of the imagination. Excellent sirloin medaillons cooked as ordered, gratin dauphinois excellent too. Sorbet trio, although with the three scoops expected, had only two flavours and was still as hard as rock. Not my idea of a smooth sorbet. Two glasses of wine for $12 is a good deal. At this price, many people, I for one, will have two glasses... Most appreciated: the low level of noise, allowing us to have conversation at a pleasant and comfortable level, unlike in too many establishments in the Yaletown area.Special Features:
- Tried their dineout menu forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Tried their dineout menu for $28. The restaurant was empty on a Friday night. Only 4 tables taken. The food was quite bland with the exception of the salmon. The lemon cheesecake was probably the best part and actually tasty. Probably won't come back especially with the regular menu prices. On the bright side, free valet parking.
- The meal was good but probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013The meal was good but probably could be a tad better. They weren't shy at their wine pouring and they were decent wines. The dessert was excellent especially Macroon.Special Features:
- They turned me away becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2012They turned me away because I was supposed to call to make a reservation. They do not take online booking made in less than 24 period. Bad experience. I don't think I will revisit this restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:
- Would close down if not for hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2012Tapas were Pub-style(everything deep fried), not something I enjoy. Fried were good though. Service very slow given it was dead on Friday night.
- Went for lunch on a "groupon".NosweeteatsDined on 10/19/2012Went for lunch on a "groupon".No other tables for the 1 1/2 hrs we were there.Friendly service.Food was tasty but very greasy;especially the parmesan fries which were mostly inedible because they had soaked up grease. Although the menu said "crabcakes",when we each ordered the crabcakes,we received one each.As well they were put on the same plate with the fries and without the peashoots & tomatoes stated on the menu. Felt like the chef didn't try too hard since we were on a deal. Unfortunate,as this is how many people(ourselves included) check out restaurants for future visits.
- I am a repeat customer forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2012I am a repeat customer for several of the new places that Groupon has offered... would have come here again IF there had been more attention given to the presentation and detailing to the food... given calamari with no dip, food not presented well surprising for such a lovely restaurant. Service, once we were seated, was excellent.Special Features:
- Very quiet and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2012Very quiet and good service as we were the only customers there for lunch. The food was not great, the pasta and the salmon were overcooked. But the stuffed portabello mushroom was delicious.Special Features:
- Restaurant was empty but almostZsuzsaDined on 7/13/2012Restaurant was empty but almost all tables had used plates and utensils. Food took a long time to arrive and it was not good! The meat in the slider was not grilled on one side to the point that we could not cut it. One of the spring rolls was good, the other one had almost nothing but the dough inside. The mushroom had gasoline taste, I am not sure how. We barely eat a few bites and left the rest. I would not go back to this restaurant!
- Gordon Ramsey please visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012It was nice but will not eat there again and here's why. 1. Food portion was really small for the price and quite expensive. I felt ripped off when I ordered the Cajun gumbo BC style. 2. The chef needs to consult Gordon Ramsey on how to make the food little better like portion, plating presentation, and temperature of the food. 3.When someone orders steak medium well it should be what they ordered. My fiancee got a well done steak and she was little disappointed.4. I am a former Chef and know my stuff!Special Features:
- There is 1 waitress only,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2012There is 1 waitress only, and there were like at least 4-5 tables of customers, the service was not great.
- This is a terrible restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012This is a terrible restaurant in the wonderful city on Vancouver. The service was unprofessional. I expected since it was a restaurant inside a hotel that service would at least meet minimum standards.
- A surprising find. Food wasReviewerDined on 2/3/2012A surprising find. Food was great. Options were well tbought out for dineout. Wine list included reasonably priced wines. Not too large and space allowed for quiet table conversation. Service was great - each course ready and served on completion of previous course.Special Features:
- Horrible experience! 3 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2012Horrible experience! 3 people were on time and 3 people were late (7mins) refused to let us sit down and offered to reschedule to another day! Horrible customer service from only one person working! Never attempting to go there ever again!
- We were very disappointedFoodieVIPDined on 1/27/2012We were very disappointed with this restaurant and it was one of the worst dining experinece we ever had.
- Service and food are bothJoannaVIPDined on 1/27/2012Service and food are both good, however, there's only only waitress for the entire restaurant, so everything has to wait. I felt bad for the poor girl cause she's always so busy.
- Food was not good at all.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012Food was not good at all. The wait was also too long.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012We were the only diners aside from one hotel guest, but somehow were were seated right next to the kitchen - very noisy. Our server was very busy as she did hotel services as well therefore service was very slow and she had a very stress out expression throughout the night. Food was not bad. Would have been nice if we were seated elsewhere, we did change seats, but we were told all tables we requested were reserved even though nobody showed up for the whole 2 hours we were there.
- Dine-out menu is pretty goodNaNaDined on 1/21/2012Dine-out menu is pretty good for a hotel restaurant. The crab cake & dessert is very delicious. The service is however very poor. We were booked as a party of 18 people, but they only have 1 waitress on shift for the entire restaurant. She only fills one glass of water at a time, and thats if you asked. Other than the service, everything else seems to be very nice.Special Features:
- avoidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012it's in an normal hotel. The hotel receptionist directed us up to restaurant on second floor for booked dinner - but no one was there, ambience was poor, and menu displayed not as advertised on website - dont expect caribou, only very ordinary food. after waiting for ~5 minutes eventually a member of staff appeared. he was not welcoming, and confirmed menu - we did not stay. There are so many excellent places to eat in Vancouver, dont settle for here