La Traviata - Long Beach
301 Cedar Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Traviata - Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://latraviata301.com/
- Phone: 5624328022x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday -Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Trinidad
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it’s a business meeting or a family affair, we have one of the most excellent banquet services in Long Beach. You and your guests will surely feel cozy in any of our fabulously gorgeous private rooms. We also have extensive lunch and dinner menus for every budget.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8776320126
- Entertainment: Jazz, Opera
A word from La Traviata - Long Beach
Welcome to La Traviata , where the cultural essence of downtown Long Beach and exquisite, affordable dining meet. Located in the prestigious and long standing Willmore Building in Long Beach on 3rd and Cedar, La Traviata is once again newly owned and operated by Mario, its original founder and visionary behind the restaraunts early success and initial rise to prominence. Experience what La Traviata offers from the new decor to our menu, from the lineup of entertainment, to our reinvigorated staff, here to serve you and remind you what it means to be appreciated and charmed in Long Beach. For the month of December, La Traviata will not be accepting online reservations from parties of six or greater.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Traviata - Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ...Very InterestingYZ2UDined on 7/11/2014This was my first visit, but I have to say that I was very impressed. The ambiance was great, service could be better, the location made it a gem, the menu was a little simple, but I liked it. The wine list was pretty good as well. I'm from Chicago where we have Italian gems all over the city so I'm tough to impress, but I definitely recommend checking La Traviata out. Oh and the bartender that night was FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were treated like royaltyDiningPleasureDined on 7/11/2014The owner met us at the door, The room was beautiful, romantic and quiet (friday night at 7pm). We started with the mushroom strudel appetizer with raspberry sauce. It was magnificient! For dinner my wife had the lasagna, which she said was the best she had ever eaten, and I laughed because I had the salmon with champagne basil sauce, which was truely the best salmon I have ever eaten! We cannot say enough about this romantic treasure in downtown long beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietHussarVIPDined on 7/2/2014Our party was the only one in the dining room (it was a holiday period) so the service was excellent; quick, smiling, very pleasant. This is a charming little neighborhood gem which is a plus and a nice alternative to the usual Pine Street scene.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014The food was amazing. The service was spot on without being bothersome. A great meal for our first night in Long Beach.Special Features:
- La Traviata hits the high-notesDinoVIPDined on 6/12/2014La Traviata represent's La Dolce Vita during the Spring/Summer months with a dining special: $39.00 for a 3-course dinner. It offers a gratifying Della Casa Salad ( mixed greens, feta cheese, carrots & cranberries combined with an ambrosial raspberry balsamic vinaigrette); a choice of lasagna - Chicken Violetta ( a sumptuous breast stuffed with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and a porcini sauce); or Salmon with champagne basil sauce. And dessert. Executive Chef José Trinidad has composed an applaudable menù di piatti with several stand-outs. Mario, the Proprietor is such a likable guy & gracious Host, and Tina, at-the-bar, is just the cameo needed on this La Traviata stage. Fa bene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LasagnaGALAXYAVDined on 6/12/2014The Lasagna is really quite delicious. The dish is very different than an others I have experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Beach GemhardtopleaseDined on 6/7/2014From the valet curbside opening to valet curbside farewell it was a night that will be hardpressed to duplicate. A greeting from the owner that was geniune, enthusiastic, and welcoming. Cheryl Smith provided songs that inspired dancing all night for us. Service was provided around us, our quiet intimate moments, our dancing, and our lounge visit. We chose the difficult dish, Chicken Breast Violetta. As a connoisseur of fine dining I was pleasantly surprised to have a perfectly cooked breast with appropiate stuffing and a sauce that was sublimly enchancing. It was an enamored experience, the most inexpensive I have ever experienced. We can and will make biweekly reservation due to the most underpriced for the value Fine Dining Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the TiramasuMeriVIPDined on 6/6/2014It was really nice to be greeted by the owner of the restaurant. It made us feel special. The singer was great and the food was as well. We enjoyed the gorgeous paintings and loved finding an Italian restaurant that doesn't rely on pasta for every dish. They had very limited pasta, and instead showcased their talents. And you really have to try their house made tiramasu for dessert. The best I have ever had.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the La Traviata - Long Beach reviews archive.
- GS4DinerDined on 5/17/2014Menu seemed dated, as did our reception where only the man in the party was welcomed. Cream sauces were not described as such on the menu -- too bad that we are trying to cut back on rich sauces. We hadn't realized that we would share our dinner with live operatic music but it sounded good and wasn't too intrusive.Special Features:
- Haute Style in Long BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2014We went there for a birthday celebration and were not disappointed. The restaurant exudes style in its decor and has impeccable service. We loved our food as well as the dessert we were offered for the birthday girl. Mario we wish you all the success you so much deserve. Check out the room for private parties, it is STYLE.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchKaloliDined on 5/11/2014Food, serve and ambience was excellent. It was a set menu for Mothers Day Brunch, thus the restaurant was not crowded. The service was wonderful, and the variety of food provided in the set menu was great and all extremely tasty: from the salad, the main entree, to the dessert platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive food and serviceWeenieDined on 5/11/2014Thank you for the wonderful experience. We will definiitely be back!Special Features:
- Outstanding Placekrzeee1VIPDined on 5/8/2014Food and service were amazing. It was great to be able to have Mario come around to our Table asking us how everything was and to speak a little Italian with him. Highly suggest anyone coming to Long Beach should try this place. Thanks again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmScotay72Dined on 4/26/2014Created in what was once the lobby area of a local hotel, the dining areas are somewhat small. The food was good but not extraordinary. The service was spotty. The food took some time to reach the table. The server forgot to bring a salad order for one of the guests in our party and brought the wrong cocktail for that same guest. They did provide one free desert for the inconvenience. I would probably give it another try, in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good VarietyHorse101Dined on 4/19/2014The restaurant has good menu selection not necessarily the items noted on website. Intimate dining area. Service was excellent. Saturday evening entertainment.Special Features:
- Elegant DiningFlowerchildDined on 4/17/2014We went here for my birthday and it was perfect! The wine list was extensive and they had a good selection of beer. The atmosphere was beautiful with dim lighting and variation of art in the wall. The service was great! Mario who was at the front was so nice and welcoming! He made it feel like we were joining his family for a nice dinner, a perfect host! The food was even better, everything cooked to perfection. But careful not to get filled up on the hot soft bread before! I would come here again as it was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambience was delightfulclothVIPDined on 4/5/2014The ambience was delightful and quite a surprise. Unfortunately, conversation was disturbed because of the entertainment and singer who sang an aria from La Traviata. At times she really was very loud. Be aware if you are sensitive to the noise levels. My initial impression was that I would return, but I am not so sure now.Special Features:
- Great meal at La TraviataEaMilwaukeeVIPDined on 4/3/2014Was in town for business and found out about La Traviata via Open Table. Had the chilean sea bass was was a very good sized filet cooked to perfection. It was accompanied by a good mix of fresh vegetables and fresh bread. The drink/wine menu is also very good. Topping it off, they had an excellent spanish guitar musician playing the night I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chilean Sea BassLBMikeDined on 2/28/2014We always have a great meal at La Traviiata. The menu includes pasta, fish, steak & veal. We always bring our own bottle of wine so cannot comment on the wine list. Corkage is $15. I always order the Chilean sea bass which is the best I've had in Long Beach & most other restaurants. My husband usually has a steak or veal chop which he raves about. The ambience is romantic & classic with the tall ceilings & large windows. Every time we dine here the main dining room has been rearranged. Booths & tables are placed throughout the dining area in an uncrowded fashion so you don't feel like you're encrouching on someone else's dining experience or the reverse. I gave a 4 instead of a 5 for food because the Tiramisu was not very flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014La Travieta definitely tried to make our outing worth it. I did not appreciate that our table was not ready at the promised time and that the restrooms were not clean when I went to use them but I certainly was overall content. I would return and dine at La TravietaSpecial Features:
- Great dining experiencebeckslb56Dined on 2/13/2014Love the european interior decorating at La Traviata with the high ceiling and crystal chandalier and canvas paintings on the walls. All of the wait staff were very friendly and the owner came to every table to great the customers and ask about their meal. I had the rack of lamb with the peppercorn sauce. It was mouth watering. And the chocolate cake was rich and delicious and went well with the last glass of the red wine.Special Features:
- surprisedoriginalzinDined on 1/11/2014We were actually surprised how good the meal was. Service was great, and the food was very good. Would definitely head back there when we need to dine in or around Long Beach!Special Features:
- Much improvedjustmeVIPDined on 12/31/2013Th original owner is back and the place is definitely worth going to again. Personable service and great food made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Long Beachmarky333Dined on 12/24/2013A favorite of mine for years. Nothing quite like it in Long Beach. Great food, gorgeous restaurant and a live vocalist, Cheryl Smith, who has an amazing voice and makes the evening truly special. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!ilovemochiDined on 10/26/2013Very romantic, amazing atmosphere. They had a beautiful woman singing for the dinner service, it got kind of loud at times, but still very classy and fun! I would reccomend the mushroom ravioli :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quick appreciation!pbs555Dined on 10/26/2013After getting stiffed by the Zombie Walk traffic, we had to cut dinner short or be late for the Classical Mystery Tour at the Performing Arts Center. We really only had forty five minutes to enjoy our meal. Our server was ever mindful of our time constraints, and made sure we got excellent food and service despite our hurry. She brought out the chef to consult with my vegan friend, and we both enjoyed their cappellini pomodoro and a wonderful glass of cabernet each. The food, ambiance and venue were all fantastic, the only thing missing was time to be able to stay and enjoy dessert! Everyone is professional and friendly, from the owner to the valet attendant. Live music rounds out a great experience. Make time to visit La Traviata!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningEatoutDined on 10/18/2013Enjoyed our birthday celebration dinner at LaTraviata. Have been going to this restaurant for years and its our "go to" place for a quality food experience and fine service. Owner Mario always makes you feel welcome, from his initial greeting at the door, coming by your table during your meal, and final send off at the end of a lovely evening. You never feel rushed while eating and weekends there's music of some kind in the bar area. Over the years, we've enjoyed a piano player, an opera singer and our last experience a 3 piece jazzy group. Any special food requests, additions or subtractions to a dish, are graciously accommodated. Located in a pretty historic building, removed from the noise of Pine Avenue.Special Features:
- A hidden gemEricDined on 10/12/2013I just happened on this restaurant while I was in Long Beach for the weekend. Their pasta is fantastic. It is some of the best I have ever had. I rearranged a trip a month later just to return for more! There aren't many restaurants left where you are personally welcomes you, and shakes your hand as you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff; Underwhelmed by ServerMyplateisfullDined on 10/5/2013We were greeted by a truly charming hostess, and also the attentive owner; the bartender and jazz singer were all terrific and upbeat; however, our server was underwhelming...just took our order like we were at any chain restaurant. Had to be reminded to refill bread, take used bar glasses and plates. This was a special occasion at a festive place and there was just no flair, enthusiasm, or charm from our server. It is their time to shine, or at least smile! The owner picked up the slack... but he shouldn't have to.Special Features:
- Special evening out300BOWLERDined on 9/28/2013My reservations for an seating was to celebrate our wedding anniversary, I requested seating in a booth for privacy. We checked in and were seated near the window. I found this odd since a booth was vacant and available. I asked if we could move to the vacant booth and was told, " I thought I was doing you a favor sitting you here by the window, most people like sitting here." Keeping my composure after such an inappropriate comment, I again asked to be moved into the vacant booth and the gentleman seating us reluctantly accomodated my request. In spite of this, we placed our order. My wife ordered ceasar salad, chicken fetticini;I had pear & spinach salad, petite filet mignon w/ grilled shrimp; we shared a piece of cheesecake for dessert.
- Have been here many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2013Have been here many times, but this was one of, if not THE best. Had the most delicious veal chop I've ever had. In fact three of us at the table enjoyed and raved about it. A little off the beaten path (few blocks), but worth the walk or very short cab ride from the Long Beach convention center and surrounding hotels. Don't miss this one! Proprietor was present and made sure we had the best service and were all satisfied.Special Features:
- 1st but not Last!LTNeighborDined on 9/24/2013I live by LaTraviata, have wanted to eat here & this was my 1st visit & will definitely not be my last! The service, ambiance & food were all great. The reasons I gave it four instead of five stars is because it was my first visit and there could be some improvements to my salad, but I feel confident there will be a five star rating in one of my future visits. I ordered one of the soups (super tasty broth!) and the lobster avocado salad and my partner had the rack of lamb. We were both pleased with everything and would order these items again. I would suggest a bit more lobster for the salad as there were only three pieces and I expected a bit more. We had the tiramisu for dessert and I think it was the best tiramisu I've ever had!Special Features:
- Excellent!!SMeyerDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant is very, very nice. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The owner made it a point of asking how things were going and made us feel very welcome. The food was very good, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at La Traviata waslove2breakbreadDined on 9/14/2013Dining at La Traviata was a pleasant surprise. Thank you for featuring it on Open Table. The special for that day was a roasted lamb filet which was incredibly delicious. The owner, Mario cordially went from table to table to greet his guests. The highlight of the evening was when a professional singer, Sheryl Lynne Smith began entertaining the entire restaurant. She is regularly featured there every Sunday evening. My husband and I truly enjoyed our evening and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013La Traviata is a beautiful restaurant! The lighting and the decor take you to a romantic spot in Italy. But what's even better is the good service and delicious food. Owner Mario Nasab is a lively and welcoming host and he provides a friendly atmosphere to enjoy your dining experience, whether it be a romantic dinner for two or a reunion of friends for a fun night out, this is a wonderful place to dine! Mario also features excellent live musical entertainment which makes the atmosphere even more special and gives it a vibrant energy. La Traviata is definitely a classy neighborhood gem, and I'm happy it's in my neighborhood...fabulous downtown Long Beach! Don't miss this wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestBBQlover1Dined on 8/2/2013Love the food, service and drinks. Spring fling is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!WeekdayWarriorVIPDined on 7/30/2013For time for me to take a client there for a business lunch. We were there for a weekday lunch around noon. Surprised that it wasn't very busy made me a little concerned when we first arrived. But, the food was excellent! The swordfish and the sea bass was wonderfully prepared, nice presentation, and delicious! Will definitely go back there again!Special Features:
- Great dinner with our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013Great dinner with our group of 12. We had adults, teens and friends from out of the country in our group. The atmosphere was beautiful and the live background music was very enjoyable! We all loved our chosen entrees and had a lovely evening! The owner/host was very welcoming!! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Traviata ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2013We had a group of 9 people dining for lunch and all but one of us ordered Lobster Salad for $16. There were two small pieces of claws on the plate which did not taste like lobster at all. The rest was a filler of packaged salad greens. We were all disappointed in our restaurant choice, however the one gal that had the chicken salad enjoyed it. Our waitress was very personable and did her job. It was just the meal and the price we paid for it that didn't meet expectations.
- An OK place for dinnerIcemanVIPDined on 7/16/2013Small menu, wait staff poorly trained and inattentive and mediocre food. The owner is trying very hard to make up for all of this by been there and trying to add a personal touch by visiting the tables but still has a way to go.