La Trattoria Old Town
524 Duval St
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Trattoria Old Town
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latrattoria.us/
- Phone: 3052961075
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday open at 5:30pm till 10pm in our dinning room. Virgilios opens at 7pm till 2am
Friday and Saturday we open at 5:30pm till 11pm in our dinning room. Virgilios opens at 7pm till 3am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Lloyd Gould
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catered Affairs of Key West, the premiere catering company of the keys. Off site events include weddings, corporate events, charities, birthdays and anything else you might need. We can accommodate groups from 30 to 300. Please visit us at cateredaffairsofkeywest.com.
Director of catering.......Amy Lay
- Entertainment: Live entertainment 7 nights a week starting at 9:30pm in Virgilios Martini Bar. Located directly behind La Trattoria Old Town.
A word from La Trattoria Old Town
LaTrattoria Old Town has been serving Authentic Italian cuisine since 1983. This is our original and flagship location located in the heart of Key West at 524 Duval Street. This bistro type setting offers one of the premier intimate settings in the lower keys. All of our entrees are prepared fresh to order using only the freshest of ingredients. Our signature dish, Yellowtail snapper, is locally caught daily and prepared fresh with garlic, capers and tomatoes in a lemon white wine butter sauce--it is to die for. When dinner is over look no further than Virgilios Martini Bar, located directly behind the restaurant. Virgilios offers an extensive Martini menu along with live entertainment 7 nights a week. This sexy speak easy sits just off of Duval street and is for sure to satisfy your pallet with refreshing libations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Trattoria Old Town - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
La Trattoria Old Town reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (20)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)good for groups (12)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great placeLoriDined on 10/22/2014Online seating is great. We got our window seat and they were ready for us even though we were ten minutes early. Out server was really nice and we will be going back next year.Special Features:
- Repeat tourist/customers!AaarghNHDined on 10/22/2014We have been guilty of staying in Key West and eating at this restaurant on consecutive nights. There is always something special on the menu and from appetizer to dessert a great experience. Whether you eat in the dining room or at the bar, the service is top rate.Special Features:
- disappointedNitzyDined on 10/22/2014We have eaten here several times before and we were very disappointed this time. Our table ordered chicken parm and chicken piccata; the sauce was tasteless and the chicken was "mushy". The food was cold. The bonefish snapper was dry. The pasta dish with crab was lacking the crab. Our server was very friendly and attentive to us.
- Try it !NormanDined on 10/20/2014Service was great and the food was even better....my wife had the rack of lamb with a sauce that was outstanding! We had a table in the window facing duval so we didn't miss any of the action!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry guysTrustedguyDined on 9/12/2014The food isn't all that great and quite expensive. The wine is very expensive and not that good. It's not bad for Key West but compared to Rome and Venice its poor. So I'm comparing it to proper Italian cuisine -sorry guys. They also have to cater for the passing trade that may not be too interested in fine Italian dining...Special Features:
- Great place, dinner for 2ButchDined on 9/9/2014It was slow in Sep, so didn't feel rushed. Service was excellent across the board, well chosen, trained, and attentive staff. Canneloni was delicious, and the spaghetti in the bolognese seemed freshly made--if not, well faked! Ambience was nice, although chair was a little small. Only real complaint was the cappuccino. Everything seems to be made from LaVazza in Key West and quite honestly it is horrible everywhere--we couldn't drink more than a few sips. It's way too strong and charcoalish. At the hotel it tasted like Sanka instant coffee crystals--again, after one or two sips, we were done. You can't add enough cream and sugar to kill the taste. Don't get me wrong, I love Cuban coffee and cortaditos--strong not equal to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSepaquetDined on 9/7/2014Food was excellent, from appetizer to desert; service between each courses was to fast, no time to relax .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for Italian in Key WestG222Dined on 9/7/2014La Trattoria is a solid choice for fantastic Italian food in Key West, with pleasant ambiance (away from the bar on Fri/Sat/late evenings), romantic dinner. Large martini menu; reasonable wine menu. Food was presented quickly -- to quickly; in our case, skipped over appetizer. Wait staff was extremely polite; in aforementioned issue, quite apologetic and dessert on the house.Special Features:
- Key West ItaliandlehnorttDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Our waiter worked with us to create an amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and MartinisCatewvVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great Italian food, reasonably wine list. The lasanga was delis, the grouper I had fresh, the salad prefect, and the martinis are large and well made. Monday $5 martinis next door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with LocalsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/1/2014Went for late nite dinner alone in. Sat at cozy bar with group of regulars. Good cocktails, Seafood Ravioli very good. I would add this to return list for any visit to Key West. Good for solo travelers to eat at bar.Special Features:
- 8/25/14Mick652Dined on 8/25/2014Eaten here for years and they never disappoint! Excellent entrees and wonderful staff ! World class in Key West ! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not many Italian Menu Options!Foodie1344Dined on 8/20/2014The night we dined @ La Trattoria, the soup option were, Clam Chowder & Ham & Bean. No, pasta fagioli, no minestrone! My husband order the app special, Shrimp wrapped in Prosciutto, which was over cooked & rubbery. I had the escargot (FRENCH DISH) which was very good. For dinner my husband had the Lasagna in a Bolognese sauce, which was very (not enough sugar/white wine to cut the acid from tomatoes.) I ordered the Zuppa di Pesce (basically a Bouillabaisse, also a French Dish.) It had a nice tomato base, but the seafood was overcooked & rubbery. We are very experienced diners and love good food. Also, this place is not cheap. Even with my dinner removed from the check, 2 apps, 1 dinner & a bottle of wine totaled over $100.
- JayeDined on 8/19/2014.Italian food that is fresh and flavorful - extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great meal, very pleasant staff, expect to pay for it. Over all I would leave the kids home on this one next time.Special Features:
- Delectible Honeymoon DinnerKLG4242Dined on 8/3/2014In my reservation I mentioned we were on our honeymoon and asked for a romantic table. From the moment we entered, we were treated with special care. We had a beautiful table and our server was amazing. If I could give 10 stars for service, I would! The menu is authentic Italian and everything we had was delicious. My husband was torn between two entrees and when he asked the server for advice, the server offered to make half portions of both. At the end, we were presented with free tiramisu, complete with a flaming roman candle! It was a memorable romantic evening and the staff of La Trattoria Old Town made it perfect in every way!Special Features:
- Good saucedeliciousdiningDined on 8/2/2014lasagna was delicious, great service, wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must For Good Italian In Key WestNaplesFoodiesDined on 7/27/2014The atmosphere, food and service are impeccable. My wife had the Caprese Salad for a starter, and I had the Escargot in the cream sauce. If you enjoy this French delicacy, you must try it. Quite the different spin on this dish, as the escargot are not in their shells and not in the standard butter-garlic sauce. My wife had the lasagna, and I had the local snapper filet in a lemon-caper sauce. Although both were excellent, I thought the lasagna was better. It was made with a fantastic tomato-meat sauce, and had less ricotta cheese than traditional lasagna. Top notch! The service was impeccable! If you want good Italian for a moderate price tag, definitely gave this place a shot. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!ffbuzzDined on 7/24/2014Duval St. In Key West is a street bustling with activity, people and noise all day long and well into the night. Once you step into La Trattoria, you forget about all that. A giant leap in the opposite direction of the loud, tourist trap restaurants. The service was fantastic and friendly, and the food was outstanding. I recommend the Dirty Goose Martini from their large list of offerings.Special Features:
- Very Popular PlaceBlueCollarFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant seems to be very popular considering a Monday night and in the off season. The restaurant was doing a brisk business. I ordered the salad with figs, goat cheese and walnuts and a half order of fettuccini alfredo. Both dishes were very good. I had chicken marsala for a main course. The sauce and mushrooms were delicious but the chicken was a tad overcooked. My friend's girlfriend ordered the yellow tail snapper. It was fresh and prepared correctly. My friend ordered the hog fish special. This was the one dish not up to standard. While my friend didn't complain, both his girlfriend and I agreed the fish had a fishy taste and was not fresh. It didn't seem to bother him and he finished the dish. We had a creme brulee for desert .Special Features:
- Great food, great service!LIEUVIPDined on 7/14/2014Must try La Trattoria- wonderful service, food and atmosphere in the heart of Key West's Old Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Pleasing for Key WestKrystaDined on 7/12/2014We visited this restaurant on our last trip to Key West. It's defiantly a hidden gem, the food was very good. A little noisy since its right on Duval Street but the wine selection and entrees made up for it. It was perfect for a family dinner with teenagers. We will defiantly eat here every time we're back in the Keys.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSTLFoodAdventurerDined on 7/9/2014Great food and attentive service but not intrusive. Very quiet even though right on Duval. Highly recommended by hotel staff / cab drivers. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KeyWestItalyDined on 7/9/2014We think this restaurant was a wonderful find. We were full of seafood from a week in Key West. We love Italian food and this was perfect. I've been to Italy several times and this felt like I was back again. If you sit at a window as we did, you also get the entertainment of people watching on Duval!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishYummyDined on 7/6/2014Had hogfish special and the scallops from the menu. This is not just an Italian restaurant (tho their Italian food is great), and we're sorry we won't be back for a year. (Vacation over)Special Features:
- Charming and DeliciousBarFlyDined on 7/5/2014In town for a family vacation this time, we wanted to share this special dining experience with our teen kids. The waiter was charming and knowledgeable. Our food was delicious. We missed the small plates from our last time, but taking leftovers back to our condo gave us bonus time to enjoy La Trattoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYummyDined on 7/4/2014Food was amazing. Seafood was fresh and portion size was large.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the La Trattoria Old Town reviews archive.
- YolyOVIPDined on 7/1/2014Great Italian food, terrific service and a great view to Duval Street if you get there early and they can sit you by the window. What a find!Special Features:
- Great Italian FindfloridadebDined on 6/29/2014Comfy feel like being in an Italian neighborhood. Hogfish special was amazing as well as the tortellini with peas and cream sauce. Very happy to accommodate special dietary needs. The menu had many choices. Service was friendly, right on, and did not feel rushed. Nice wine and martini selection. Would definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatYummyDined on 6/28/2014Had such a great meal and experience a week ago, we came back. Dinner again nice, enjoyed hogfish -a special that night. Sort of disappointed in their bread- crispier crust would be better, we all thought. Dined with another couple.Special Features:
- Dinner on DuvalFoodieDined on 6/27/2014In contrast to much of the Duval scene, La Trattoria is elegant and spacious. The theme here is primarily wonderful Italian food, rather than booze, as found in so many other local establishments. Rather than offerings such as 2-for-1 drinks, the emphasis is on originality and unusual combinations. Their renowned full menu page of Specialty Martinis could tempt a teetotaler. Food is beautifully presented, well seasoned and served promptly by friedly wait staff. My osso bucco was lovely, tender and luscious in taste, and not buried under a mass of rissotto, as is so often the case. Great spot for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Town Culinary ExcellenceTehaxorDined on 6/25/2014This was simply one of the best dining experiences I have had. I was thoroughly impressed with the service. When the food was brought, no one had to ask, "Who ordered the lamb? The pasta?" it was just placed in front of the correct person without asking. Very few places seem to get this right. The food itself was supreme, I had the hogfish special and I loved it. I can't recommend this place highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointedYummyDined on 6/25/2014Our first visit in a year (we were away), and it was as great as we remembered. Party of eight, and enough choices to please everyone. Excellent veal, chicken and fish dishes. Can't wait to go back again. Prices reasonable, too.Special Features:
- Real Italian in Key WestPatMVIPDined on 6/16/2014The martini list was varied and drinks were a great pour. The antipasto was perfect, as was the lasagna bolognese, the spaghetti with white clam sauce (and small delicious white shelled clams), and the tortellini with sausage. The bread was fresh and the dipping oil was nicely enhanced with fresh grated cheese and balsamic vinegar. The lemon sorbet with lemoncello for desert was the only way to go after the size of those meals! Reasonably priced, delicious, and right on Duval. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- A must visit for any Key West tripWhats4dinnerDined on 6/14/2014Love this place! Have been here twice so far and had the same server, Chris. He is attentive, knowledgable about the cuisine and makes the dining experience fun! The food is wonderfully old world Italian and delicious. This time I had the Penne Venezia which included crabmeat and sundries tomatoes. The Penne was cooked perfectly! Make this a definite stop for dinner when in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just marriedloversinparadiseDined on 6/5/2014My bride and I had diner after our romantic wedding on the beach at Ft, Taylor. The ped cab carried us their and the nite before I called and ask if I could bring the wedding cake given to us by our friends in Al.. The staff was amazing, the table decorated and my bride was almost in tears of joy. We look forward to coming back next year to celebrate our 1st anniverary The food was as good as I had hoped and the price was reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occassion. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rustyVIPDined on 5/29/2014the food was very good food, the service swas excellent, great wine listSpecial Features:
- The Good Italian2hungryDined on 5/28/2014This restaurant did not disappoint on all levels. Service was on point and very attentive without being intrusive or feeling the need to entertain the guests. We shared a salad which was split for us and generous in portion. For entrées we ordered the seafood penne in cream sauce and filet mignon in a mushroom demi glacé. Both executed perfectly but at the same time not necessarily breaking ground on creativity. They were staple dishes and you will enjoy. Key lime pie was good not mind blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually Good for Duval StAnsleyTravelerDined on 5/26/2014Very good food, service and relatively well priced. Especially for the heart of a tourist area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Key West visitMangiaDined on 5/20/2014Our first visit to Key West, and by far, the highlight of the trip. This is a wonderful little restaurant away from the crazed end of Duval St. Great atmosphere, fabulous mango martini, outstanding food, and by far and away Lou was the best waiter I've ever had. He was attentive, a beautilful smile, asked questions to help us know what to pick off the extensive menu, and suggested subsitutions so we could experience more. I would return here in an instant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.