La Trattoria Old Town
524 Duval St
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Trattoria Old Town
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latrattoria.us/
- Phone: (305) 296-1075
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday open at 5:30pm till 10pm in our dinning room. Virgilios opens at 7pm till 2am
Friday and Saturday we open at 5:30pm till 11pm in our dinning room. Virgilios opens at 7pm till 3am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Lloyd Gould
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catered Affairs of Key West, the premiere catering company of the keys. Off site events include weddings, corporate events, charities, birthdays and anything else you might need. We can accommodate groups from 30 to 300. Please visit us at cateredaffairsofkeywest.com.
Director of catering.......Amy Lay
- Entertainment: Live entertainment 7 nights a week starting at 9:30pm in Virgilios Martini Bar. Located directly behind La Trattoria Old Town.
A word from La Trattoria Old Town
LaTrattoria Old Town has been serving Authentic Italian cuisine since 1983. This is our original and flagship location located in the heart of Key West at 524 Duval Street. This bistro type setting offers one of the premier intimate settings in the lower keys. All of our entrees are prepared fresh to order using only the freshest of ingredients. Our signature dish, Yellowtail snapper, is locally caught daily and prepared fresh with garlic, capers and tomatoes in a lemon white wine butter sauce--it is to die for. When dinner is over look no further than Virgilios Martini Bar, located directly behind the restaurant. Virgilios offers an extensive Martini menu along with live entertainment 7 nights a week. This sexy speak easy sits just off of Duval street and is for sure to satisfy your pallet with refreshing libations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Trattoria Old Town - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
La Trattoria Old Town reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014My husband and I ordered our food, his was fettucini alfredo and mine was spaghetti bolognaise. Both were so-so. We expected better flavor. The bread was good and drinks very good. Our waiter was outstanding. Very friendly and attentive. However, the food could be improved.Special Features:
- Special spot on busy DuvalVivapuffDined on 11/15/2014I have visited La Trattoria two years in a row now while in Key West, and it has been consistently delightful. They were very accommodating for our large-ish group. Our waiter was outstanding and attentive, the mango martinis were out of this world, and everyone loved the appetizers and entrees. My penne Venezia was delish. I really like the atmosphere - white tablecloth dining for a special night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lesliefDined on 11/14/2014Dined here on a recent Friday night. My lasagna was delicious, you can tell the pasta was homemade. My husband said his osso bucco was one of the best he has every had. A surprising find on Duval Street. Will definitely return! A little noisy, otherwise one of the best dining experience we had in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little place, fun atmosphere, bad foodfoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Tasted like pasta out of the bag with sauce poured over it. We weren't impressed. We would not return
- Excellent dinner!FranYanDined on 11/11/2014Great pasta and steaks! Wonderful service! Great Duvall Street location! Will definitely be back the next time in Key West!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!DiningDivaVIPDined on 11/10/2014Exceptional dining experience! The cuisine never disappoints! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/201420 min wait5 people was a B day party dinner came before appetizer's we substituted potatoes for pasta he said sure we can but the charged $9.00 per plate X 3 $27.00 plus tax plus tip that's a lot of pasta. Pasty went back it was not hot, think they just had a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!arahmanDined on 11/8/2014Made a last minute reservation on Open Table, during our visit to Key West! Good thing that we did, the restaurant filled up while we were there. The Service was prompt, polite and courteous. Great selection of dishes, very delicious and not over-priced. Excellent location too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful atmosherejeseDined on 11/8/2014We have dined at La Tattoria's many times. Service is always good, atmoshere wonderful - just a little disappointed in the bolognese entre this time. Kind of bland & the sausage ordered extra on the side was very over cooked - like a hockey puck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Trattoria-a good recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Our first visit to Key West and obviously first stop at La Trattoria. We go to a lot of Italian restaurants. This place had been recommended to us by a friend. Good recommendation. Good spot. Good food, good wine, good service. Nice atmosphere. We hope to get back to Key West, and if we do we will definitely stop back here.Special Features:
- Escape from Duval Street burgersMoucheDined on 11/3/2014Not aware of reservation but were seated promptly. Very rich, creamy stuffed mushrooms. Pasta Bolognese made of ground meat, ok. Great break from burgers and fries on the Duval strip.
- Perfect...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014Been here a few years and never experienced the downtown restaurant. The ambiance was perfect. Service was excellent, no rush to order and the drink and food options were excellent. Definitely a place I will go to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLoriDined on 10/22/2014Online seating is great. We got our window seat and they were ready for us even though we were ten minutes early. Out server was really nice and we will be going back next year.Special Features:
- Repeat tourist/customers!AaarghNHDined on 10/22/2014We have been guilty of staying in Key West and eating at this restaurant on consecutive nights. There is always something special on the menu and from appetizer to dessert a great experience. Whether you eat in the dining room or at the bar, the service is top rate.Special Features:
- disappointedNitzyDined on 10/22/2014We have eaten here several times before and we were very disappointed this time. Our table ordered chicken parm and chicken piccata; the sauce was tasteless and the chicken was "mushy". The food was cold. The bonefish snapper was dry. The pasta dish with crab was lacking the crab. Our server was very friendly and attentive to us.
- Try it !NormanDined on 10/20/2014Service was great and the food was even better....my wife had the rack of lamb with a sauce that was outstanding! We had a table in the window facing duval so we didn't miss any of the action!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry guysTrustedguyDined on 9/12/2014The food isn't all that great and quite expensive. The wine is very expensive and not that good. It's not bad for Key West but compared to Rome and Venice its poor. So I'm comparing it to proper Italian cuisine -sorry guys. They also have to cater for the passing trade that may not be too interested in fine Italian dining...Special Features:
- Great place, dinner for 2ButchDined on 9/9/2014It was slow in Sep, so didn't feel rushed. Service was excellent across the board, well chosen, trained, and attentive staff. Canneloni was delicious, and the spaghetti in the bolognese seemed freshly made--if not, well faked! Ambience was nice, although chair was a little small. Only real complaint was the cappuccino. Everything seems to be made from LaVazza in Key West and quite honestly it is horrible everywhere--we couldn't drink more than a few sips. It's way too strong and charcoalish. At the hotel it tasted like Sanka instant coffee crystals--again, after one or two sips, we were done. You can't add enough cream and sugar to kill the taste. Don't get me wrong, I love Cuban coffee and cortaditos--strong not equal to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSepaquetDined on 9/7/2014Food was excellent, from appetizer to desert; service between each courses was to fast, no time to relax .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for Italian in Key WestG222Dined on 9/7/2014La Trattoria is a solid choice for fantastic Italian food in Key West, with pleasant ambiance (away from the bar on Fri/Sat/late evenings), romantic dinner. Large martini menu; reasonable wine menu. Food was presented quickly -- to quickly; in our case, skipped over appetizer. Wait staff was extremely polite; in aforementioned issue, quite apologetic and dessert on the house.Special Features:
- Key West ItaliandlehnorttDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Our waiter worked with us to create an amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and MartinisCatewvVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great Italian food, reasonably wine list. The lasanga was delis, the grouper I had fresh, the salad prefect, and the martinis are large and well made. Monday $5 martinis next door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with LocalsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/1/2014Went for late nite dinner alone in. Sat at cozy bar with group of regulars. Good cocktails, Seafood Ravioli very good. I would add this to return list for any visit to Key West. Good for solo travelers to eat at bar.Special Features:
- Nice spot on DuvalMHBwashereDined on 8/27/2014Excellent service, Italian/American food. Our family of six had a lot of fun. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/25/14Mick652Dined on 8/25/2014Eaten here for years and they never disappoint! Excellent entrees and wonderful staff ! World class in Key West ! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not many Italian Menu Options!Foodie1344Dined on 8/20/2014The night we dined @ La Trattoria, the soup option were, Clam Chowder & Ham & Bean. No, pasta fagioli, no minestrone! My husband order the app special, Shrimp wrapped in Prosciutto, which was over cooked & rubbery. I had the escargot (FRENCH DISH) which was very good. For dinner my husband had the Lasagna in a Bolognese sauce, which was very (not enough sugar/white wine to cut the acid from tomatoes.) I ordered the Zuppa di Pesce (basically a Bouillabaisse, also a French Dish.) It had a nice tomato base, but the seafood was overcooked & rubbery. We are very experienced diners and love good food. Also, this place is not cheap. Even with my dinner removed from the check, 2 apps, 1 dinner & a bottle of wine totaled over $100.
- JayeDined on 8/19/2014.Italian food that is fresh and flavorful - extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great meal, very pleasant staff, expect to pay for it. Over all I would leave the kids home on this one next time.Special Features:
- Delectible Honeymoon DinnerKLG4242Dined on 8/3/2014In my reservation I mentioned we were on our honeymoon and asked for a romantic table. From the moment we entered, we were treated with special care. We had a beautiful table and our server was amazing. If I could give 10 stars for service, I would! The menu is authentic Italian and everything we had was delicious. My husband was torn between two entrees and when he asked the server for advice, the server offered to make half portions of both. At the end, we were presented with free tiramisu, complete with a flaming roman candle! It was a memorable romantic evening and the staff of La Trattoria Old Town made it perfect in every way!Special Features:
- Good saucedeliciousdiningDined on 8/2/2014lasagna was delicious, great service, wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the La Trattoria Old Town reviews archive.
- A Must For Good Italian In Key WestNaplesFoodiesDined on 7/27/2014The atmosphere, food and service are impeccable. My wife had the Caprese Salad for a starter, and I had the Escargot in the cream sauce. If you enjoy this French delicacy, you must try it. Quite the different spin on this dish, as the escargot are not in their shells and not in the standard butter-garlic sauce. My wife had the lasagna, and I had the local snapper filet in a lemon-caper sauce. Although both were excellent, I thought the lasagna was better. It was made with a fantastic tomato-meat sauce, and had less ricotta cheese than traditional lasagna. Top notch! The service was impeccable! If you want good Italian for a moderate price tag, definitely gave this place a shot. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!ffbuzzDined on 7/24/2014Duval St. In Key West is a street bustling with activity, people and noise all day long and well into the night. Once you step into La Trattoria, you forget about all that. A giant leap in the opposite direction of the loud, tourist trap restaurants. The service was fantastic and friendly, and the food was outstanding. I recommend the Dirty Goose Martini from their large list of offerings.Special Features:
- Very Popular PlaceBlueCollarFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant seems to be very popular considering a Monday night and in the off season. The restaurant was doing a brisk business. I ordered the salad with figs, goat cheese and walnuts and a half order of fettuccini alfredo. Both dishes were very good. I had chicken marsala for a main course. The sauce and mushrooms were delicious but the chicken was a tad overcooked. My friend's girlfriend ordered the yellow tail snapper. It was fresh and prepared correctly. My friend ordered the hog fish special. This was the one dish not up to standard. While my friend didn't complain, both his girlfriend and I agreed the fish had a fishy taste and was not fresh. It didn't seem to bother him and he finished the dish. We had a creme brulee for desert .Special Features:
- Great food, great service!LIEUVIPDined on 7/14/2014Must try La Trattoria- wonderful service, food and atmosphere in the heart of Key West's Old Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Pleasing for Key WestKrystaDined on 7/12/2014We visited this restaurant on our last trip to Key West. It's defiantly a hidden gem, the food was very good. A little noisy since its right on Duval Street but the wine selection and entrees made up for it. It was perfect for a family dinner with teenagers. We will defiantly eat here every time we're back in the Keys.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSTLFoodAdventurerDined on 7/9/2014Great food and attentive service but not intrusive. Very quiet even though right on Duval. Highly recommended by hotel staff / cab drivers. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KeyWestItalyDined on 7/9/2014We think this restaurant was a wonderful find. We were full of seafood from a week in Key West. We love Italian food and this was perfect. I've been to Italy several times and this felt like I was back again. If you sit at a window as we did, you also get the entertainment of people watching on Duval!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishYummyDined on 7/6/2014Had hogfish special and the scallops from the menu. This is not just an Italian restaurant (tho their Italian food is great), and we're sorry we won't be back for a year. (Vacation over)Special Features:
- Charming and DeliciousBarFlyDined on 7/5/2014In town for a family vacation this time, we wanted to share this special dining experience with our teen kids. The waiter was charming and knowledgeable. Our food was delicious. We missed the small plates from our last time, but taking leftovers back to our condo gave us bonus time to enjoy La Trattoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYummyDined on 7/4/2014Food was amazing. Seafood was fresh and portion size was large.I would recommend this to a friend.