La Trattoria Oceanside
3593 S Roosevelt Blvd
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Trattoria Oceanside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latrattoria.us/
- Phone: 3052956789
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 nights a week
5pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Trattoria Oceanside
Serving Authentic Italian Cuisine in Key West. Overlooking the beautiful and neverending Atlantic Ocean enjoy the ambiance as all of your entrees are prepared to order using only the freshest sesfood and quality ingredients available. After you've had any of our specialty desserts enjoy a romantic stroll along the Atlantic seawall as you watch the beautiful sunset or gaze at the beauty of night, Stars everywhere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Trattoria Oceanside - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
La Trattoria Oceanside reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)special occasion (32)romantic (29)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointedlocaldinerDined on 10/15/2014Beautiful views of the ocean. Staff was most cordial. Prices would be acceptable if the food was okay. It was not. Our waiter never even bothered to ask if we were happy with our meals.Special Features:
- 70th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Wonderful!!! They were most obliging and helped me celebrate a traumatic birthday. The waiters were very pleasant, and the hostess was charming. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite date nightKeywestfredDined on 10/9/2014As usual, La Trat was a wonderful experience. Food, service, and ambiance - everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it a lot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014The food, service, and setting were all wonderful. A nice change from the tumult of Duval Street area.Special Features:
- staff overwhelmed, food mediocrecm4755Dined on 10/4/2014We had a disappointing visit to this restaurant, which I've liked in the past. First, the servers were overwhelmed on a busy Saturday night. Consequently, the meal took a long time -- two hours for three courses. My hogfish was dominated by its bacon cream sauce. My husband enjoyed his fra diavolo. Mom's filet looked good. The caprese salad is oddly accompanied by olives and the tomato was supermarket quality. The view is great so make a reservation to sit in the front room and go early to enjoy.Special Features:
- I love ItalianSuzyqVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love their Italian food and the other dishes looked wonderful too. Our waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsJayeDined on 9/30/2014The food is always superb with no off nights no matter how many times I dine - Special Birthday dinner and you guys made the night memorable. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewBibliobabeDined on 9/28/2014Excellent higher end Italian food - very good service. The food is always well-prepared & delicious. And the bread - sinful! The dessert menu is routine, but again, well-prepared. A down-side is the noise level can be unpleasant. Like most Key West restaurants little attention was given to acoustics. That being said, the fabulous ocean view and the food make us regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sauce!SugarLoaferVIPDined on 9/18/2014La Trat Oceanside is a beautiful room, and the view of the Atlantic Ocean is unparalleled. The service was quick, but we never felt rushed; the appetizers and dinners were superb. Spaghetti Bolognese and Tortellini Romana did not disappoint. The servings are generous; we both took home enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful Italian food. Service a little slow. Think we got there just a s they got Slammed. We are locals, and we go there often. Always great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key ItalianjojomasDined on 9/11/2014Bread with olive oil and cheese was delicious; slow to bring our drinks had to remind waiter. Also asked for linguini side and got penne , forgot green bean side also. Menu had 1 price for veal and we were charged another priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Great martinis to start, and consistently great entrees and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthday to meJayeDined on 9/3/2014It was the best! I don't think I even got older! And the birthday dessert was a great surprise and incredible presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef isn't ItalianLuvitalianDined on 8/31/2014Certainly below average food quality. Go anywhere else.Special Features:
- Very very special!KeysgramDined on 8/28/2014We always enjoy this setting, with lovely ocean views, great service, great food. Whether we share with friends or dine alone, we always enjoy our dining experience.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience...mjOnTheBayDined on 8/18/2014We are from Rockport, Texas and vacation in Key West every couple of years... On our last visit here we "discovered" La Trattoria Oceanside and loved it. Now that we're back in Key West again we knew where we wanted to go for fine dining. The restaurant did not disappoint! Our waitress was excellent and the food was sublime! We would highly recommend La Trattoria Oceanside and plan on coming back ourselves time after time. Thanks for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotdezigDined on 8/16/2014We had early reservations, and my husband was disappointed that his favorite dish , scallops, was not available so early in the night. After he finished pouting, he ordered the nightly fish special, the night was saved.Special Features:
- An excellent dinnerKeywestfredDined on 8/13/2014Once again, we had an excellent evening at La Trat. Food, service and ambiance- all excellent.Special Features:
- FoodSNOOKUMS1Dined on 8/8/2014We have been going to La Trott for over 20 years downtown. This location is a joke in the consistency of the food. Great amostphere and great staff but food isn't as good as the downtown location. It is a disappointment. I am in the food business all my life and the food really needs to improve or I cannot feel comfortable recommending it to others. C'mon new owners. Have some pride in the food.!
- Family gatheringKwtrifectaDined on 8/4/2014We were a party of 6 locals and had a great time. Food and dessert were amazing but it must have been a very new bartender because the drinks were terrible. Both dinner drinks and dessert drinks weren't anywhere near close. Also our server was very hard to understand and didn't come by often. The bus boy was better and more caring than our server.Special Features:
- Worst food and servicekeysgirlDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 2. The app was not edible. The mushrooms in the app left an unidentifiable taste in our mouths that was not pleasant. The eggplant had a layer of grease on the top. The spaghetti and chicken portions of the chicken entrée were tiny. Unfortunately, the waitress did not visit the table after taking the order. The bill totaled 72$ and we mostly saw the bus boy the entire dinner. We live and work on the island so we choose not to complain.
- Excellent italianNeurobladeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Such good food! Very reasonibje prices, so popular with locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustyDined on 7/25/2014La Trattoria Oceanside is the seaside sister version of its counterpart downtown on Duval Street. Both offer excellent Italian cuisine and service. We favor Oceanside because of its great ocean views and its updated decor. Oceanside has a small bar area which is tucked away toward the back of the restaurant. It is cozy but lacks the great water views. We had the special of the day recently - a wonderfully prepared grouper that was fresh and delicate. It was also a birthday event and they came with cake and a traditional Italian sparkler in the middle. The service was attentive without being intrusive. This was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected moreRotterdanDined on 7/21/2014Based on their Duval St. Location I expected much more. Honestly the food was great and the waiter was very good, the server that delivered the food was very awkward and clearly uncomfortable interacting with people. The view is amazing however it was not enough to distract me from the numerous plastic plants and unattractive led rope lighting neither which I find appropriate in a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- My first bad experienceKeywestfredDined on 7/5/2014I"ve been to La Trattoria many times and I've always had wonderful dinners there. This time, I mistakenly ordered Linguini Aglio e Olio, which I truly love (I order it at Salute's regularly). This was the first time I ordered it at La Trat. The entree came out absolutely laden in burned garlic. I tried a few bites, but the garlic was stronger than anything I have ever experienced. I have a degree in Hotel & Restaurant management and know when a dish is not prepared correctly. When the waiter cleared our table and picked up my almost untouched dish his first question was "Do you want to take this home?", and when I said no, his second question was "So, did you save room for dessert??". Unfortunately, I said no (I had lost my appetite).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub parConsieur032Dined on 7/3/2014Everything was average at best. Tomatoes on caprasi salad were still green. Carpaccio was thick and fatty. Entree was decent but still average. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant to anyone
- FestiveDie4GodivaDined on 6/29/2014Once again we had a festive dining experience. Great food. Great view. Great Waiter. Who could ask for more?Special Features:
- EllieDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food,very nice and attentive staff..we will be back! :-)
- The following 113 reviews are from the La Trattoria Oceanside reviews archive.
- Great foodAwesomDined on 6/20/2014First visit. My wife and I both had the fish dinners. Snapper and hog fish. Both were fantastic!Special Features:
- ALWAYS A SPECIAL OCCASION HEREDie4GodivaDined on 6/19/2014DINING AT LA TRATTORIA IS ALWAYS A FESTIVE, SPECIAL OCCASION HERE. GREAT SERVICE, EXCELLENT FOOD AND GREAT VIEW. WE LIKE IT BETTER AT LA TRATTORIA OCEANSIDE BECAUSE IT IS QUIETER AND A GENTLE WAY TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE SUNSET WITHOUT ALL THE BUSTLE OF DOWNTOWN KEY WEST.Special Features:
- Italian cravingjenalouDined on 6/18/2014I had been craving pasta...Italian pasta...I cooked a olive oil caprese chicken over penne and loved it but just wasn't the answer to my craving...I ordered Bruschetta appetizer, Virgillio Martini, and Tortellini Virgillio....ahhhh! I'm ok til next month. The Open Table Website was so easy to use and allowed me to send invitations to my co- diners!! Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableFreddyVIPDined on 6/16/2014We often go to Oceanside as we find it always comfortable and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LaTratt!KeysChrisDined on 6/8/2014LaTratt is 1 of our fav places for special occasions. The service is always great, & the food consistently superb. They're very generous with their olive oil and parmesan dipping plates for the delicious bread brought out and personally served to us. Though there was no bread on the table, the server kept asking if we wanted more, and we could have filled up on that alone had common sense not returned in short order. We shared an antipasta for the table, which was not large but in fact, large enough especially after all that bread. We can recommend penne with crab, the scallops (the child with us asked for pasta instead of rice...no problem), chicken marsala, and most definitely the best tiramisu!Special Features:
- Great ocean view.DavisislandsDined on 6/6/2014Great alternative to Old Town restaurants. Highly recommend the Creme Brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening !!KeywestfredDined on 6/4/2014Good food, Good service, nice ambiance. What more can I ask for when taking some good friends out to dinner?Special Features:
- Super Great DinnerSRQMarkDined on 6/1/2014Everything about the dinner was great. Service was super friendly; in a professional way. Extensive menu selections - hard to choose. Food was great. Yes, foodies - - this could be your home. Yumm. Manager and owner came to table to make sure we were happy - - we were. No negatives; all positives. We go to a lot of restaurants in a week - - this was a real gem.Special Features:
- Good food but rather loudkeysfoodieDined on 5/31/2014Our romantic dinner was not as hoped. While the food was good and the service great... the noise level was unacceptable for fine dinning. There was a table with some rather boisterous diners which was the main problem. There also appeared to be a lack of adequate soundproofing (sound absorbing material) in the room.Special Features:
- Friday nightfoodieDined on 5/30/2014I have dined there before and loved it but this time the food was horrible. The veggies were cold and the fish was barely warm. The fish tasted as if it was a week old and the crabmeat and garlic could not mask that fact. We are not the type to send food back and make the rest of the table wait for our new entrees to arrive and for us to finish so we kept it. My friend only had 3 bites before he stopped eating. The restaurant was almost empty and there was no excuse for cold food. It is saddening to see the quality of food deteriorate in such a lovely restaurant. I know you can do better.
- The Finest AlfredoJayeDined on 5/27/2014More flavor than most - rich and creamy - very fillingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Key WestkeystvDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful food, service and ocean view. Romantic dining.Special Features: