122 East Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latour-vail.com/
- Phone: 9704764403x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Après 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: 5:30 pm-10:00 pm nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Ferzacca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering availability is limited depending on time of year and size of group. Restricted to small dinner parties at private homes with kitchen facilities.
- Special Events: From a memorable rehearsal dinner or private party to business meetings with style, La Tour Restaurant provides all the private dining services for your next party. With lively sustainable cuisine from Chef Paul Ferzacca, our outstanding food makes your next event deliciously distinctive.
Our highly experienced team will gladly work with you to create a menu customized to your event.
La Tour consists of four distinct dining areas. Each may be reserved individually or in any combination and seat up to 12, 27, 36 or 40 people.
- Cross Street: Village Center Rd
- Public Transit: If you are riding the Vail Bus, please get off at either the Solaris or Bridge Street stops. If your arriving by Eco Transit or hotel shuttles get off at the top level of the Vail Transportation Center and walk down the steps to your right. We are located directly across the street from the West end of the Vail Transportation Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park in Vail Village Public parking structure. Parking is free after 3pm daily. Park on the far west end of the Vail Village Parking Structure and exit by foot. This exit is named Crossroads. We are located directly across the street from the Crossroads exit.
A word from La Tour
La Tour Restaurant has been voted the best restaurant in Vail since 2006 by the Vail Daily Readers Poll and is conveniently located in the heart of Vail Village directly across from the west-end of the Vail Village Parking Structure.Chef Paul Ferzacca’s modern French-American cuisine is famous in the Vail dining scene. Utilizing the best organic, natural and sustainable products available, La Tour is known as the restaurant "Where the chefs eat."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Tour - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
La Tour reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (45)romantic (45)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (13)hot spot (12)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- AllanDined on 9/29/2014A great place to go for a special occasion! The food is consistently excellent and always prepared perfectly! It remains an excellent choice for fine dining in Vail.Special Features:
- Great Food and WineFoodSnobDined on 9/26/2014Great food and wine, service was good, pork belly was amazing and the lamb was excellent. Great fusion of flavor as I expected from other reviews. Get a reservation in advance, definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionaljlfc14Dined on 9/25/2014Product quality and service are the two most important aspects of a restaurant, and both were exceptional at LaTour. I will be back, and I would reccomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Experience but....HansVIPDined on 9/20/2014....they might be coasting. We enjoyed La Tour for years but the last couple of times have just been a little off. The waiter was helpful enough but apparently bored. The cheese platter was as good as always and this summer's halibut was good but wasn't in the "I have to order that again category." It was another nice dinner but we just weren't as 'wowed' as we've been in the past.
- Vail favoriteBirthdayGirlDined on 9/18/2014Relaxing adult dinner on the patio. Halibut was fresh served with summer veggies.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable!JuneDined on 9/9/2014Very nice restaurant with great service. Food was very good but would like a few more choices.Special Features:
- Spectacular food... With a waitDenvercupcakeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dined at La Tour for the first time after a lifetime of living in Colorado and visiting Vail. The food is probably the best dining we have experienced in Vail. It was absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, we waited for everything for a very long time (we donde have drinks until being seated for 30 minutes, and it took at least 30-40 minutes from ordering to receiving our entree). Our waitress seemed embarrassed that it took so long, so perhaps this won't always the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and clever!LooncryDined on 8/29/2014Excellent innovative menu with many light dishes. Lots of interesting ingredients well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food & ServiceFoodloverDined on 8/24/2014Had an awesome time with a client. Service was fantastic and food was very good. Will definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, hit and miss foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The service at this restaurant was questionable. First of all it was slow. Secondly, my wife and I ordered soup and were not provided with spoons. The waiter took several minutes to provide spoons after we asked for them. The lobster bisque was good, the french onion soup was terrible.
- PTZODined on 8/20/2014We had a very good dinner at LaTour. My wife and I both tried the salmon and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendjruchDined on 8/18/2014Great restaurant with very good food. Service was so-so but I've been before and simply depends on the wait person. Overall, enjoyed, as usual.Special Features:
- Lovely food and drinkssnooper1Dined on 8/16/2014We have always enjoyed La Tour both for the food and service. We had a great waiter and lovely drinks. The main courses, however, were not as special as usual. While the Chicken Palliard was excellent, the halibut was so plain, it was bland and disappointing. I guess I've come to expect that all of the food should be outstanding---the appetizers and desserts certainly were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever betterYNOTVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been frequenting La Tour over the past 20 years, never missing eating there on our winter or summer vacations. This meal, for all four of our group somehow surpassed our previous meals. All four meals were interesting and visually appealing. Steaks and fish were the best of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tour Never FailsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014Food & service are consistently outstanding. Wine list is an added bonus.Special Features:
- Nice place, ok food, good servicediningmonkeyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant itself is very polished, well set up, clean, etc. The food was fine, but it was not memorable. Two in our party ordered the special, which sounded spectacular, but it was bland. My duck dish was prepared correctly temperature-wise, etc, but again, it seemed to lack that extra punch. Risotto was excellent, and so were the kids meals. For the cost, it would not be at the top of my list to return to, but it's not a place that I would avoid at all. The service was excellent, but slow.Special Features:
- Great vale restaurantGeminvaleVIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our meal. Food was excellent. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workKaraVIPDined on 8/8/2014For a 'fine dining' establishment, this place fell short. The service was horrible and affected everything. Our waiter took so long to come to our table and when we requested something, we'd have to ask multiple times. At this price point, that is unacceptable. I understand that higher end restaurants often do not provide salt, but to assume everyone's taste is the same is pretentious. Had I had salt, I would have given the food a higher rating because I think it would have made all the difference. You had to hurdle two carts to reach the restroom. Hopefully nobody in a wheel chair would try to dine here. Unfortunately I will not be returning. Le Tour missed the mark on many things.Special Features:
- Great menu…3+ on the executionAndreaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Long time Vail residents that have our favorite restaurants….somehow we just never made it to La Tour. What we really enjoyed: very nice ambience, friendly and knowledgable staff, great location, everything on the menu sounded wonderful - hard to decide what to order. Presentation was beautiful. Desserts and cheese plate were incredible! What could have been better: lobster bisque (maybe my bad - thought it was going to be a more traditional lobster bisque, this one had a stronger fishy taste than a lobster taste), dover sole presentation was very nice and while it was good, it was a little bland. Overall - worth trying again, and we will. Will ask more questions before ordering next time. Great spot.
- Should not be overlookedeleeg78VIPDined on 8/8/2014This was my second visit and it was as good as I remembered. I think La Tour gets overshadowed by the many other excellent restaurants in Vail. Don't make that mistake, it is a fantastic choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable MealWtraveler56Dined on 8/7/2014An excellent choice for a romantic dinner for 2. Expensive, but worth it. The chef offers a number of unusual combinations of flavors. Everything we had was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The service was equally terrific. All in all, one of our more memorable meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here---awesomeSnowboarderDined on 8/7/2014I had recommended this place to hundreds of people but this was my first visit and it was awesome. We had French onion soup, the fruits de mer, the duck, am the risotto, the desert trio, and a few cocktails and wine. Everything was awesome. Our server was a pro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/7/2014We love La Tour. Great spot to watch the world go by in Vail. Food is consistent but expensive. But what isn't in Vail? On a nice night, bring your sweater and sit outside and enjoy a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Lovelytryn2slpVIPDined on 8/1/2014La Tour is a special, lovely restaurant. The service is excellent. I had the salmon and it was delicious. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good, atmosphere great, I recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRuminations4UDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time eating at La tour. We chose it because they serve dinner late after the Bravo concerts. We wanted a restaurant that served dinner later after the Bravo Concerts. It was also highly recommended by a friend who lives in Vail and by relatives who also have eaten there. We were very pleased with our dining experience and look forward to returning the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Vail RestpdickVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food here is satisfactory, but with the exorbitant prices I felt like it should have been better. We left with a bill of $175 for two, which included a half bottle of wine (66). Their French onion soup is not very good- it isn't seasoned wrong or something.Special Features:
- a little hotrtgranDined on 7/25/2014Had a table inside - was fairly warm - not entirely uncomfortable but noticeable - that being said otherwise have always enjoyed la tour - will try to make sure to get a table outside (they have a covered patio out front) next timeSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable for the most partkcatmc2Dined on 7/23/2014Service was very friendly if slow. Took most of half an hour to get drinks as they were unable to find the wine ordered. Food was good although the chefs special cod was quite bland. Apps were good. Price was higher than expected at 300 bucks for family of 3 Will probably go again. Hoping it was just an off night.Special Features:
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We've eaten at La Tour many times over the years, but it has deteriorated. Wilted lettuce, nice waiter, but surly bus boy. Rack of lamb tough and Dover sole a huge disappointment. Nothing like when Walter owned it.
- Perfect!BZappVIPDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I had a last minute idea to do a date night on a whim and was able to secure reservations at La Tour on a Tuesday night. They placed outside on the patio, which was perfect because it was a beautiful evening. The service was prompt and delightful and the food was amazing! We both had the crispy chicken and we started with the lobster cocktail...delicious, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Thursday 7/17justwhoiamDined on 7/17/2014My bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was excellently prepared, well presented and cooked to perfection. The staff was friendly , efficient, very knowledgeable of the specials, menu items, and wine list. I will return and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Le Tour to anyone. It was a busy night, they were handling a very large party, yet still were very attentive to the many smaller (2-6) parties there. It did get a bit loud, but that wasn't Le Tour's fault. If I were out for a romantic dinner I might try to catch them on a night when they're not so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/13/2014We have been to La Tour a number of times, and it remains our favorite restaurant in Vail. This time, though, the waiter was less attentive, the staff mixed up our meals (giving mine to my wife and vice versa), and both the buffalo and the beef were grizzly and tougher than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/12/2014Good food, good portions. A lot of interesting things on menu from which to choose. Pricey, but perhaps on same level as other vail restaurants. Waiter was good, but a little too energetic/saccharin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvmountainfoodDined on 7/11/2014As always food could be the best in Vail. Presentation is tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!HilaryDined on 7/6/2014I had the baby kale salad and fruits de mar. Both were excellent! My nephew had the duck with mustard greens, pistachios, raspberries and the most amazing thing...basil powder!! Since he's only 22, he ate the duck and left all the garnish. My sister and I asked to taste the garnish and proceeded to finish it because it was sooooo good!!! We also shared a nice dessert sampler. I highly recommend la tour!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We loved this restaurant. The food was healthy French and yet delicious. I ordered sole meuniere, which came with more lemon than butter in the sauce. The restaurant is attractive, and we liked the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gave r table away, long wait poor!miamiblondeVIPDined on 7/4/2014we come ALL the time there during winter and summer season. this used to be a favorite. no more. table was given away, they tried to seat us at bar for my daughter in law bday party of 8. food was not consistent, small portions, my favorite item before was baby kale salad and it was served with ingredients missing, and it was lackluster. salmon portion was mediocre, my friend had duck 2 tiny slices. overall i would not recommend. we had brought 3 people to dinner and highly bragged about the food, only to be insulted for not having reservation honored, then getting email from open table questioning our appearance , and after spending a few hundred dollars for dinner we do not think it was a nice meal. not even an apology from the restaurant
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2014We were in Vail for the 4th of July and needed dinner for 6. La Tour had space, called and confirmed with us, was very quick and friendly, had a great menu, was very helpful with all of our dietary restrictions, and the food was great! Well done! Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricelovewineVIPDined on 7/3/2014Reservations were for 8:00 and we were finally seated at 8:45. It wasn't until we asked an hour later when we would receive the food we ordered that we were finally served. All of this agony for a $200 dinner. Most sandwich shops are better than this. Food is not that great for what you pay. I would not recommend this place to anyone and we definitely will not be going back.