122 East Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latour-vail.com/
- Phone: 9704764403x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Après 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: 5:30 pm-10:00 pm nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Ferzacca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering availability is limited depending on time of year and size of group. Restricted to small dinner parties at private homes with kitchen facilities.
- Special Events: From a memorable rehearsal dinner or private party to business meetings with style, La Tour Restaurant provides all the private dining services for your next party. With lively sustainable cuisine from Chef Paul Ferzacca, our outstanding food makes your next event deliciously distinctive.
Our highly experienced team will gladly work with you to create a menu customized to your event.
La Tour consists of four distinct dining areas. Each may be reserved individually or in any combination and seat up to 12, 27, 36 or 40 people.
- Cross Street: Village Center Rd
- Public Transit: If you are riding the Vail Bus, please get off at either the Solaris or Bridge Street stops. If your arriving by Eco Transit or hotel shuttles get off at the top level of the Vail Transportation Center and walk down the steps to your right. We are located directly across the street from the West end of the Vail Transportation Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park in Vail Village Public parking structure. Parking is free after 3pm daily. Park on the far west end of the Vail Village Parking Structure and exit by foot. This exit is named Crossroads. We are located directly across the street from the Crossroads exit.
A word from La Tour
La Tour Restaurant has been voted the best restaurant in Vail since 2006 by the Vail Daily Readers Poll and is conveniently located in the heart of Vail Village directly across from the west-end of the Vail Village Parking Structure.Chef Paul Ferzacca’s modern French-American cuisine is famous in the Vail dining scene. Utilizing the best organic, natural and sustainable products available, La Tour is known as the restaurant "Where the chefs eat."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Tour - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
La Tour reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (40)romantic (33)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Typical Vail RestOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food here is satisfactory, but with the exorbitant prices I felt like it should have been better. We left with a bill of $175 for two, which included a half bottle of wine (66). Their French onion soup is not very good- it isn't seasoned wrong or something.Special Features:
- a little hotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Had a table inside - was fairly warm - not entirely uncomfortable but noticeable - that being said otherwise have always enjoyed la tour - will try to make sure to get a table outside (they have a covered patio out front) next timeSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable for the most partkcatmc2Dined on 7/23/2014Service was very friendly if slow. Took most of half an hour to get drinks as they were unable to find the wine ordered. Food was good although the chefs special cod was quite bland. Apps were good. Price was higher than expected at 300 bucks for family of 3 Will probably go again. Hoping it was just an off night.Special Features:
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We've eaten at La Tour many times over the years, but it has deteriorated. Wilted lettuce, nice waiter, but surly bus boy. Rack of lamb tough and Dover sole a huge disappointment. Nothing like when Walter owned it.
- Perfect!BZappVIPDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I had a last minute idea to do a date night on a whim and was able to secure reservations at La Tour on a Tuesday night. They placed outside on the patio, which was perfect because it was a beautiful evening. The service was prompt and delightful and the food was amazing! We both had the crispy chicken and we started with the lobster cocktail...delicious, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Thursday 7/17justwhoiamDined on 7/17/2014My bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was excellently prepared, well presented and cooked to perfection. The staff was friendly , efficient, very knowledgeable of the specials, menu items, and wine list. I will return and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Le Tour to anyone. It was a busy night, they were handling a very large party, yet still were very attentive to the many smaller (2-6) parties there. It did get a bit loud, but that wasn't Le Tour's fault. If I were out for a romantic dinner I might try to catch them on a night when they're not so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/13/2014We have been to La Tour a number of times, and it remains our favorite restaurant in Vail. This time, though, the waiter was less attentive, the staff mixed up our meals (giving mine to my wife and vice versa), and both the buffalo and the beef were grizzly and tougher than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/12/2014Good food, good portions. A lot of interesting things on menu from which to choose. Pricey, but perhaps on same level as other vail restaurants. Waiter was good, but a little too energetic/saccharin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvmountainfoodDined on 7/11/2014As always food could be the best in Vail. Presentation is tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!HilaryDined on 7/6/2014I had the baby kale salad and fruits de mar. Both were excellent! My nephew had the duck with mustard greens, pistachios, raspberries and the most amazing thing...basil powder!! Since he's only 22, he ate the duck and left all the garnish. My sister and I asked to taste the garnish and proceeded to finish it because it was sooooo good!!! We also shared a nice dessert sampler. I highly recommend la tour!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We loved this restaurant. The food was healthy French and yet delicious. I ordered sole meuniere, which came with more lemon than butter in the sauce. The restaurant is attractive, and we liked the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gave r table away, long wait poor!miamiblondeVIPDined on 7/4/2014we come ALL the time there during winter and summer season. this used to be a favorite. no more. table was given away, they tried to seat us at bar for my daughter in law bday party of 8. food was not consistent, small portions, my favorite item before was baby kale salad and it was served with ingredients missing, and it was lackluster. salmon portion was mediocre, my friend had duck 2 tiny slices. overall i would not recommend. we had brought 3 people to dinner and highly bragged about the food, only to be insulted for not having reservation honored, then getting email from open table questioning our appearance , and after spending a few hundred dollars for dinner we do not think it was a nice meal. not even an apology from the restaurant
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014We were in Vail for the 4th of July and needed dinner for 6. La Tour had space, called and confirmed with us, was very quick and friendly, had a great menu, was very helpful with all of our dietary restrictions, and the food was great! Well done! Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricelovewineVIPDined on 7/3/2014Reservations were for 8:00 and we were finally seated at 8:45. It wasn't until we asked an hour later when we would receive the food we ordered that we were finally served. All of this agony for a $200 dinner. Most sandwich shops are better than this. Food is not that great for what you pay. I would not recommend this place to anyone and we definitely will not be going back.
- La TourCharlottenyDined on 7/2/2014I really liked La Tour! I had the organic salad and the salmon. The salmon was a little bit spicy, but I had a little bit of lemon so it was fine!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful4allseasonsDined on 7/1/2014We happened upon La Tour for lunch and came back for dinner the same day. Incredible staff. We sampled everything from small plates to specialties and loved every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarilynVIPDined on 6/30/2014Double lamb chop had little meat compared to amount of fat and all overly encased in bread crumbs. The mini crime brûlée for $5.00 was all of 2 bites at most. Won't go back.
- DisappointedfoodisgoodDined on 6/23/2014We had a nice meal at this restaurant a few years ago but this recent visit had a variety of problems. The hostess was lovely and the sommelier was also very good. The food service was okay but the food was largely disappointing. The appetizers we had were very tasty as were several of the side dishes but no one really liked any of the three entrees we ordered.
- Great food, service not up to parJW400Dined on 6/23/2014We really enjoyed the beet salad and our entrees. The smoked lamb was unique and outstanding. Worth going back just for the lamb! The servers seemed a bit confused and not on their game. We sat with empty wine glasses when our entrees arrived and nobody checked up on us. Several servers stood at the bar chatting. I enjoy/expect to have a nice wine with a nice dinner. I finally got up and went to the bar to ask the servers for assistance (while my dinner continued to chill on my plate). We then ordered the wine but still were not served promptly. For a venue that strives for excellence as does Le Tour this was disappointing. We will go back and I do recommend you try Le Tour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, salty mealmountainfoodyDined on 6/22/2014Experience at La Tour was pleasant, and overall, a positive one. Nice atmosphere, professional service, and tasty appetizers. My entree and the entree of my friend (lamb and skirt steak), however, both tasted like a salt lick. These two types of meat may lend themselves to increased sodium, and the spring "$20.14" was still going on, but the amount of salt was inexcusable and the meat was almost inedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location on Patio, Good FoodDinersDined on 6/20/2014Had a 7 PM reservation in June and we were seated at a great able on the patio for a wonderful Friday night in Vail. Service was attentive, but not at all pushy. When we needed service and indicated such, the waiter was promptly at our table. Two of us had the Seafood Stew and while the broth was tasty, the amount of seafood actually in the stew was just average (perhaps due to the fact that all entrees were $20.14 that night). The salmon was well prepared and tasty, but the trout was just OK. Overall, this remains a Vail standout and if you can sit on the patio, the atmosphere puts this over the top.Special Features:
- Serendipitous find in VailPmc112VIPDined on 6/19/2014We happened in to Vail after a summer raft trip in Browns Canyon. We selected La Tour because of positive TA comments and we were not disappointed. The menu was superb. Not huge, but everything sounded wonderful. Our server was excellent in helping us narrow our choices. The French onion soup was the best I have ever had, France included. My husband was also very very happy with his escargots, and strip steak. Thank you for a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Vail RestaurantJohnDined on 6/16/2014Very good food. Somewhat pricey, although we benefited from an early season special on entrees. Friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- Not even the music was French.112733Dined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was pleasant. We sat with our dirty plates in front of us for around 20 minutes. First cup of coffee was wonderful, second cup, was cold. They were out of Oysters. We give the Eggs Benedict a 1, and although our waiter was pleasant the service leaves much to be desired.
- Our favorite in Vailluvit1VIPDined on 6/11/2014The ever changing menu at La Tour is a delight! We always try to stop by for a meal in the mountains. Great food, charming servers, lovely view. We wouldn't miss it!Special Features:
- A Vail Quality StandardWiilDined on 6/8/2014It was a very very busy brunch hour handled with aplomb. This restaurant has excellent staying power and dependable for high quality food and wine.Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner!Mountaingirl1Dined on 6/6/2014All entrees were $20.14! They were delicious and the presentation was beautiful! Drinks a bit expensive as well as desserts. No freebies for birthdays either!Special Features:
- Just badly cooked foodMikiDined on 5/29/2014Salads without any taste,dry tough as a sole very salty meat.... Fish badly cooked. As a matter of fact ,reading the menu I already had a feeling that something bad happened. In the past they used to be good,not this year!
- French bistro in VailDonnaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Lovely menu, with everything perfectly done. The outside seating is reminiscent of a Parisian cafe. We tried nearly everything on the small plates menu in order to sample the food. Great dishes, well prepared. The service was a bit off. Training season in Vail before the summer season begins. So that threw off things a bit, but everyone was gracious and earnest. Favorites were salumi with pickled fennel, french onion soup, and the goat cheese with red sauce. And the olives were a nice addition. Very enjoyable, top end food.Special Features:
- Solid -- againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Delicious food served by a friendly and engaged wait staff. Started with the kampachi sashimi: light, fresh and flavorful. Our salads -- field greens and the kale -- fresh, crisp and flavorful. The trend of flavors continued with our entrees: the chicken paillard and the pork tenderloin wrapped in beacon. Both done just right with plenty of smooth flavors. For dessert we shared a creme brulee: firm but creamy. This was our second visit and we will back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu, good foodIcarus213Dined on 5/25/2014This is a great gourmet restaurant for foodies and special occasions. It isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for! We had to wait a bit longer than usual for each course, which is why I give it a 4 instead of 5 for service. Overall a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Another Vail classicJackDined on 5/25/2014LaTour fails to disappoint with classic as well as innovative dishes. It will always be on rotation during our visits to Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014What an unfortunate experience. We only had and appetizer and two entrees but the dinning time was 2.5 hours. We waited for the app....waited over 30 minutes for the entree and skipped dessert just because we were tired of waiting so long for everything. Sometimes our waiter would disappear for 20-30 minutes at a time. Too bad because the food was actually VERY GOOD!Special Features:
- Great placew111nawDined on 5/24/2014Even during the mud season of Vail, CO La Tour is an outstanding dining spot. The service and the food were phenomenal. Compliments all around to the wait staff, and the chef for such a special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateErinHDined on 5/16/2014We had a wonderful meal and a very nice time. The service was very good and we loved the art on the tables and the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid Friendly Foodies WelcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We were very impressed with the staff's willingness to work with us and our 18 month old daughter to make a Mother's Day evening special for us. They treated us well by bringing out our daughter's entree with the appetizer. We were able to eat out app and entrees in relative calm as our daughter was satisfied with her food. As parents understand, a happy kid equals happy parents and happy guests.Special Features:
- La Tour reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Overall, a decent experience this time. A little disappointed to find 2 hairs on the table cloth upon being seated. Also, the off-season menu was not as robust as years past:(Special Features:
- One if the best in Vail!bskinowDined on 5/3/2014Can't say enough good about La Tour. They start with superior quality ingredients and combine those with culinary creativity and expertise. The food looks as good as it tastes, and you notice the difference in how you feel after eating such quality. The duck was tender and juicy and uniquely prepared. The Burrata Beet salad was heavenly. The good is plentiful yet not too much to become overstuffed. Save room for the vegan delight avocado dark chocolate mousse, amazingly yummy and good for you too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 4/26/2014Great food, but service was slow. Not typical of Vail, but I'm sure of France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014Always a pleasure to dine at La Tour when we visit Vail. We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.