122 East Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latour-vail.com/
- Phone: (970) 476-4403
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Après 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: 5:30 pm-10:00 pm nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Ferzacca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering availability is limited depending on time of year and size of group. Restricted to small dinner parties at private homes with kitchen facilities.
- Special Events: From a memorable rehearsal dinner or private party to business meetings with style, La Tour Restaurant provides all the private dining services for your next party. With lively sustainable cuisine from Chef Paul Ferzacca, our outstanding food makes your next event deliciously distinctive.
Our highly experienced team will gladly work with you to create a menu customized to your event.
La Tour consists of four distinct dining areas. Each may be reserved individually or in any combination and seat up to 12, 27, 36 or 40 people.
- Cross Street: Village Center Rd
- Public Transit: If you are riding the Vail Bus, please get off at either the Solaris or Bridge Street stops. If your arriving by Eco Transit or hotel shuttles get off at the top level of the Vail Transportation Center and walk down the steps to your right. We are located directly across the street from the West end of the Vail Transportation Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park in Vail Village Public parking structure. Parking is free after 3pm daily. Park on the far west end of the Vail Village Parking Structure and exit by foot. This exit is named Crossroads. We are located directly across the street from the Crossroads exit.
A word from La Tour
La Tour Restaurant has been voted the best restaurant in Vail since 2006 by the Vail Daily Readers Poll and is conveniently located in the heart of Vail Village directly across from the west-end of the Vail Village Parking Structure.Chef Paul Ferzacca’s modern French-American cuisine is famous in the Vail dining scene. Utilizing the best organic, natural and sustainable products available, La Tour is known as the restaurant "Where the chefs eat."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Tour - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
La Tour reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (67)romantic (60)notable wine list (45)great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (21)hot spot (17)great for brunch (12)scenic view (11)good for groups (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- JamesDined on 11/11/2014Fantastic food, wonderful and friendly service, great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDaveGDined on 11/6/2014We had lunch at La Tour twice in the week spent in the mountains. The food is wonderful. They have an interesting list of dishes that are complex and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go dine with Winston!KimSVIPDined on 11/2/2014The food at this lovely restaurant is to die for, but Winston, our server made it even more special. He is extremely knowledgable about wine and spirits, as well as very informative on the plates. This place really is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for the Discriminating PalletDonnaWDined on 11/1/2014Exciting flavors wait the pallet for the person with discriminating tastes. We come back to La Tour every year when we visit Vail and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!WynnVIPDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our evening here and the food was excellent. Definitely will return. A new favorite for us. Can't imagine not eating here every time we are in the area. Winston, our waiter, did an outstanding job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tree YummyDiverDined on 10/31/2014Provided an outstanding fine dining experience. One of the top three restaurants in Vail, which I always recommend to visitors to the vally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very great experienceCOnative686Dined on 10/18/2014I absolutely loved it. I was so happy with my experience, the food was great, the service was great. And it was a great place to take my boyfriend for his birthday. Very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail SecretIslandgirlDined on 10/13/2014La Tour is a Vail secret. A lovely restaurant with well trained staff. Food was very good - well thought out and beautifully presented. Though we did prefer Mountain Standard, La Tour was an excellent second meal. Try both and see for your self!Special Features:
- Wonderful service, wonderful foodZekeDined on 10/11/2014Very impressed with this restaurant and their overall quality of service, food, wait staff, and attention to detail. I proposed to my girlfriend earlier in the day and this was where we celebrated dinner. Maggie was kind enough to called me to confirm my reservation before we arrived, and congratulate me since I had mentioned the engagement in the notes for my reservation. The service and the food were wonderful. Great setting and a wonderful choice for a place to celebrate.Special Features:
- No Vail of tearsSpiderDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic food matched with excellent service. We also lucked into Vail Restaurant week with specially priced entrees. Life is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pace the Dining ExperienceWoodlanderVIPDined on 10/2/2014We've been going to La Tour for years. The food is exceptional and we usually have multiple courses. We bring friends and it is one of our favorites in the Vail Valley. This time, we felt pushed--one course followed immediately by another. Having recently been in Italy, where food is savored and the wait staff are unobtrusive but always attentive, we felt as if we were in a race to clear the table for the next set of diners. We were celebrating my birthday during this trip -- no mention was made. Normally, our dinners at La Tour are two hours. We were in and out in an hour. The pace of service is part of the art of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay far awayyoda4shodaVIPDined on 10/1/2014From the moment we stepped in to this dump I knew we were in trouble. 4 "hostesses" hiddled around a computer trying to figure out what it was. We waited well past our reservation time while they seated 3 other groups without reservations before us. We left before they could be bothered to seat us because everyone in the joint was an idiot.
- AllanDined on 9/29/2014A great place to go for a special occasion! The food is consistently excellent and always prepared perfectly! It remains an excellent choice for fine dining in Vail.Special Features:
- excellent...againHerbieVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant is a winner with imaginative combinations of tasty food, great wine list and very well trained attentive staff.Special Features:
- Great mealLivingDined on 9/26/2014The meal was outstanding. Salmon the best I've had in a long time. One week later, I'm still craving it. Our server, Patrick, was wonerful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WineFoodSnobDined on 9/26/2014Great food and wine, service was good, pork belly was amazing and the lamb was excellent. Great fusion of flavor as I expected from other reviews. Get a reservation in advance, definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionaljlfc14Dined on 9/25/2014Product quality and service are the two most important aspects of a restaurant, and both were exceptional at LaTour. I will be back, and I would reccomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Experience but....HansVIPDined on 9/20/2014....they might be coasting. We enjoyed La Tour for years but the last couple of times have just been a little off. The waiter was helpful enough but apparently bored. The cheese platter was as good as always and this summer's halibut was good but wasn't in the "I have to order that again category." It was another nice dinner but we just weren't as 'wowed' as we've been in the past.
- Vail favoriteBirthdayGirlDined on 9/18/2014Relaxing adult dinner on the patio. Halibut was fresh served with summer veggies.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable!JuneDined on 9/9/2014Very nice restaurant with great service. Food was very good but would like a few more choices.Special Features:
- Spectacular food... With a waitDenvercupcakeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dined at La Tour for the first time after a lifetime of living in Colorado and visiting Vail. The food is probably the best dining we have experienced in Vail. It was absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, we waited for everything for a very long time (we donde have drinks until being seated for 30 minutes, and it took at least 30-40 minutes from ordering to receiving our entree). Our waitress seemed embarrassed that it took so long, so perhaps this won't always the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and clever!LooncryDined on 8/29/2014Excellent innovative menu with many light dishes. Lots of interesting ingredients well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food & ServiceFoodloverDined on 8/24/2014Had an awesome time with a client. Service was fantastic and food was very good. Will definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, hit and miss foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The service at this restaurant was questionable. First of all it was slow. Secondly, my wife and I ordered soup and were not provided with spoons. The waiter took several minutes to provide spoons after we asked for them. The lobster bisque was good, the french onion soup was terrible.
- PTZODined on 8/20/2014We had a very good dinner at LaTour. My wife and I both tried the salmon and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendjruchDined on 8/18/2014Great restaurant with very good food. Service was so-so but I've been before and simply depends on the wait person. Overall, enjoyed, as usual.Special Features:
- Lovely food and drinkssnooper1Dined on 8/16/2014We have always enjoyed La Tour both for the food and service. We had a great waiter and lovely drinks. The main courses, however, were not as special as usual. While the Chicken Palliard was excellent, the halibut was so plain, it was bland and disappointing. I guess I've come to expect that all of the food should be outstanding---the appetizers and desserts certainly were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever betterYNOTVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been frequenting La Tour over the past 20 years, never missing eating there on our winter or summer vacations. This meal, for all four of our group somehow surpassed our previous meals. All four meals were interesting and visually appealing. Steaks and fish were the best of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tour Never FailsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014Food & service are consistently outstanding. Wine list is an added bonus.Special Features:
- Nice place, ok food, good servicediningmonkeyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant itself is very polished, well set up, clean, etc. The food was fine, but it was not memorable. Two in our party ordered the special, which sounded spectacular, but it was bland. My duck dish was prepared correctly temperature-wise, etc, but again, it seemed to lack that extra punch. Risotto was excellent, and so were the kids meals. For the cost, it would not be at the top of my list to return to, but it's not a place that I would avoid at all. The service was excellent, but slow.Special Features:
- Great vale restaurantGeminvaleVIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our meal. Food was excellent. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workKaraVIPDined on 8/8/2014For a 'fine dining' establishment, this place fell short. The service was horrible and affected everything. Our waiter took so long to come to our table and when we requested something, we'd have to ask multiple times. At this price point, that is unacceptable. I understand that higher end restaurants often do not provide salt, but to assume everyone's taste is the same is pretentious. Had I had salt, I would have given the food a higher rating because I think it would have made all the difference. You had to hurdle two carts to reach the restroom. Hopefully nobody in a wheel chair would try to dine here. Unfortunately I will not be returning. Le Tour missed the mark on many things.Special Features:
- Great menu…3+ on the executionAndreaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Long time Vail residents that have our favorite restaurants….somehow we just never made it to La Tour. What we really enjoyed: very nice ambience, friendly and knowledgable staff, great location, everything on the menu sounded wonderful - hard to decide what to order. Presentation was beautiful. Desserts and cheese plate were incredible! What could have been better: lobster bisque (maybe my bad - thought it was going to be a more traditional lobster bisque, this one had a stronger fishy taste than a lobster taste), dover sole presentation was very nice and while it was good, it was a little bland. Overall - worth trying again, and we will. Will ask more questions before ordering next time. Great spot.
- Should not be overlookedeleeg78VIPDined on 8/8/2014This was my second visit and it was as good as I remembered. I think La Tour gets overshadowed by the many other excellent restaurants in Vail. Don't make that mistake, it is a fantastic choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable MealWtraveler56Dined on 8/7/2014An excellent choice for a romantic dinner for 2. Expensive, but worth it. The chef offers a number of unusual combinations of flavors. Everything we had was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The service was equally terrific. All in all, one of our more memorable meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here---awesomeSnowboarderDined on 8/7/2014I had recommended this place to hundreds of people but this was my first visit and it was awesome. We had French onion soup, the fruits de mer, the duck, am the risotto, the desert trio, and a few cocktails and wine. Everything was awesome. Our server was a pro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/7/2014We love La Tour. Great spot to watch the world go by in Vail. Food is consistent but expensive. But what isn't in Vail? On a nice night, bring your sweater and sit outside and enjoy a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Lovelytryn2slpVIPDined on 8/1/2014La Tour is a special, lovely restaurant. The service is excellent. I had the salmon and it was delicious. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good, atmosphere great, I recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRuminations4UDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time eating at La tour. We chose it because they serve dinner late after the Bravo concerts. We wanted a restaurant that served dinner later after the Bravo Concerts. It was also highly recommended by a friend who lives in Vail and by relatives who also have eaten there. We were very pleased with our dining experience and look forward to returning the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.