La Tosca Restaurante and Pizzeria
123 E. St. Charles Rd.
Villa Park, IL 60181Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
La Tosca Restaurante and Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6309999999x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Tosca Restaurante and Pizzeria
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tosca Restaurante and Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The restaurant was closed due to a death in the family. My condolences.
- Food was suberbOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Very friendly staff willing to please. A very limited wine list would be the only downside for us.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationCollDined on 8/6/2014Love this restaurant. The owners do everything perfect. We love Patricia as our waitress, she is adorable, very professional, takes orders efficiently. The chefs are awesome. Never have had a bad meal, always perfect. We had our daughter's college graduation party there in February and everything was awesome for their Sunday brunch. Thank you thank you!Special Features:
- Great Food and Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Finally Made it out here after hearing such great things. the food was great, we had this grilled octopus and potato salad to start. The octopus was cooked and seasoned perfectly. For dinner I had the steak special served with an arugula salad. I'm picky about my steak and this was cooked to a perfect med-rare. The server recommend a great bottle or Cab which we loved. I plan to go back soon with friends!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We went with a group of 12 and had a great experience. Our server handled our table with ease. Great Food, Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/31/2014We come here often and are never disappointed. The food, the service and the ambiance are always inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter very friendly BUTLaToscaDined on 7/31/2014Waiter was very friendly and polite but the time ordering between courses was TERRIBLE and the wait for the dinner course was way too long since there was only four tables full in the whole restaurant. Probably wouldn't go back :-(Special Features:
- VEE4VIPDined on 7/29/2014the portions were too big, so probably it would be fit for people with a big hungerSpecial Features:
- loveydoveyDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful experience at La Tosca for our anniversary two years in a row! We also had a wonderful waitress who was so attentive and friendly, I think it was one of the best dining out experiences we have ever had. La Tosca is truly a neighborhood gem in Villa Park and I hope it continues to do well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The Food was not tasty I had a better tasting meal at the Olive Garden.
- SteveDined on 6/15/2014We had the Father's Day buffet. The food was great and we would do this again.Special Features:
- The following 127 reviews are from the La Tosca Restaurante and Pizzeria reviews archive.
- WEAK DINNINGQUESTIONABLEDined on 5/24/2014MY MEAL OF CHICKEN LIMONE WAS NOT AT ALL TASTY. THE SERVICE WAS FINE, THE FOOD QUESTINABLE.Special Features:
- A Nice Mother's Day DinnerTheKingDined on 5/11/2014La Tosca serves great Italian food and the service is excellent. We were greeted immediately by the owner/host who then wished my wife a Happy Mother's Day and shook my hand. It was a nice touch that made us feel comfortable and welcome. Loved the lobster raviolis, (Ravioli all' Aragosta) and my wife enjoyed her chicken Carciofo. The baked clams are fantastic, too. A bottle of Super Tuscan wine (wine list#322) went really well with our meals. This was our second visit, and both were memorable. We will definitely return to La Tosca. I want to try their pizza next. I hear good things about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Spot!KC70Dined on 5/10/2014Went for Mother's Day on Saturday with my husband and son. The waitress was very helpful and the food was delicious! Would definitely visit again! We ordered the Pappardella alla Tosca, a calzone and chicken Parmesan. All dishes were very good! A very nice place for a night out!Special Features:
- Quite a findJamesVIPDined on 4/23/2014The old building was replaced sometime ago and I believe the restaurant changed hands a few times but now this restaurant has become one of our favorites. Do not be mislead by Pizzeria in its name as it is a superb Italian restaurant. First served bread which included a special bread with extra ingredients, along with more typical Italian bread. A plate of oil already mixed with spiced is included. On this visit we both had soups, mine was Minestrone and hers was Lentil. We enjoyed both. Their Involtini alla Angelotti is a the dinner. favorite of ours. It is a Chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto with a brandy sauce including mozzarella and sage. A side dish of pasta came with Through out the dinner service was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Easter BrunchTheJodsterDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter, they did not have a great selection. Meat selections were ham and roast beef. Then they had meatballs and sausage. I searched but could not find any vegetables anywhere. They did have roasted potatoes, and salad. Although the salad consisted of lettuce, croutons, and 2 choices of dressing. They had a great selection of desserts however. They food was good, my husband described it as okay but I don't think we will be back. The service was okay. The bartender did make me a very good cocktail so all was not lost.
- LaTosca never disappointsDonnaDined on 4/17/2014Everything here is delicious! The vodka sauce is like no other. I love to order the specials because they're, well, special. We are usually a party of six adults, two small children. We ask for Mario; he's the best. We've learned to order a pasta dish for the children right away; they eat while we enjoy some wine and appetizers. Consistently good service and food. We've used their catering in the past, and plan to do so again.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodTravelerDined on 3/22/2014The grigliata and the vongole appetizers were very good. My sea bass was excellent, probably the best sea bass dish I have ever eaten. My wife's lobster ravioli was equally excellent. The desserts were also a big hit with the entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back.DougDined on 3/15/2014The lasagna with meat sauce was wonderful. I especially appreciated the live music and relatively quiet atmosphere. So many restaurants are too loud. We were able to talk without having to raise our voices. The service was attentive.Special Features:
- Left with a sour tasteDisappointedDined on 2/15/2014Normally have a had a good experience at La Tosca, but this time the Chilean Sea Bass was so bad my wife couldn't eat more that a couple of bites. After the server was informed of the disappointing experience, she did not offer anything to improve our experience---no price adjustment or even an offer of a complimentary dessert.
- Family&FriendsDineFineFamilyFriendsDineFineDined on 1/10/2014I love the food!! This is the third time we have enjoyed this restaurant!! You walk in and someone's NONNA is sitting by the door. You see all the waiters and waitresses all doing something to make the evening more enjoyable. The bar tender has a nice sense of humor. The Stuffed artichoke is the best for an appetizer, everything is so fresh, no matter what you order. We invited some friends with us this time and I know they will definitely be going back. Thank You For A Great Evening on Friday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we arrived on time for ourrasans564VIPDined on 12/24/2013we arrived on time for our 6:30 reservation . but we had to wait over a half hour to be seated . made reservation 8 days in advance food was just ok service was good
- Had dinner here many times.TippyDined on 11/9/2013Food is always great. Owners are warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LET'S GET TOGETHERRJS6675Dined on 9/29/2013The family got together the other night for appetizers and pizza and we had a great time. The food and service was very good and we will definitely go back! La Tosca has a very good menu selection of appetizers, salads, entrees, etc. and their pizza was excellent! They offer a large selection on toppings!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2013This is a fairly new restaurant in my neighborhood, a girlfriend suggested we go. The staff was attentive and friendly, the food was fantastic. It was a little more noisy than I like but still didn't interfere with conversation. I'd recommend it and definitely would go again to try something else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ValueWesterndinerDined on 7/20/2013Very good neighborhood restaurant. Menu was not extensive, but adequate. Quality of the food was good and the portions were huge. Ambience was very good especially for a pizza feautred restaurant. Very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paying for ice is a scamOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013this is he only restaurant that on my bill I was charges 1.00 for drinks on the "rocks." my husband and I dine out about 3 times a week and never is there a charge for ice.. also the menu stated a new York cheese cake made with ricotta cheese, we were told there is no ricotta cheese in that dessert. p.s. I did contact the restaurant of the same complaint ,standard repy ,they would get back to me......that was last Saturday....Special Features:
- Superb dining experience.JamesVIPDined on 6/12/2013Superb dining experience. Well prepared dishes which are delicious. La Tosca has become a restaurant a regular selection for my wife and myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyGoodeats09Dined on 5/31/2013The food is quite delicious at this restaurant. I feel like it's a great "comfort food" place, the sauces are thick and hearty, the setting is very comfortable, etc. I am a huge fan of Italian food and I always enjoy it when I go to la tosca for dinner. I've dined at the restaurant on a Friday night and it's a great set up, noise is moderate, and the later you stay the more personal it feels as other tables empty. Great place for a date night, small group, associates, or a night with some friends. The waiter was okay, nothing spectacular or anything, at times I felt he hovered too much and was kind of annoying in that sense but the orders were correct and the meal was nice so it's not that bit of a deal. I'll be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2013I love LaToscas, have been there many times and always recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for gluten free! TheYumlover27VIPDined on 5/19/2013Good for gluten free! The octopus appetizer is amazing! The GF pasta is very good. Total old school Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was not very informative.CSODinnerDined on 5/12/2013The staff was not very informative. We had the Mother's day buffet not realizing that we could have ordered from the menu. The buffet was fair to good. It's a buffet. We will make plans for a dinner off the menu some time in the future to get a better opinion of the food overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great startOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013When we arrived, we were barely greeted and the hostess left for several minutes, turns out, they were setting up a table for us in the middle of the right only one foot from the pasta station.
- Dinner at La ToscaKevinDined on 5/5/2013The service was great, the food was great. Overall a good experience. Would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is authentic Italian,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013The food is authentic Italian, being Italian decent, born and raised. Excellent sauces thanks to the chef, Enrico......Special Features:
- I thought the food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013I thought the food was great and the service was too! Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Excellent local restaurant.JamesVIPDined on 4/24/2013Excellent local restaurant. You should be delighted in your visit here. There are 2 booths which are available away from most other people.Special Features:
- Great experience! It was myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great experience! It was my first time there and I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great, classy Italian. My Mom's favorite restaurant in the area and becoming a family tradition.Special Features:
- Nice little place for quiet brunchTheJodsterDined on 3/31/2013Service was very good, food was very good, atmosphere was great. The only disappointment was the selection of food. There was not a great variety. They didn't offer a big selection of salad toppings and there weren't any mashed potatoes to go with my ham. The desert table was outstanding. I will definitely go back.Special Features: