La Torretta Ristorante
16640 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Torretta Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latorrettaaz.com/
- Phone: (480) 991-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a section of the Dining room and/or the Patio for private parties. For groups larger than 20 we require a prefixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Kersee or Darius 4809912000
A word from La Torretta Ristorante
"Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often" Voted Best Italian Restaurant - Scottsdale Magazine. La Torretta's combination of traditional and authentic Italian food, personalized service and congenial atmosphere translates to the highest quality dining experience. The restaurant is elegantly decorated with Renaissance-era stained glass and oil paintings. Guests are indulged in this congenial atmosphere inside or can dine on the Patio with the backdrop of the McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
La Torretta Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
La Torretta Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (5)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Chaz out waiter sugested oneAzbabbyshineDined on 4/14/2014Chaz out waiter sugested one of the specials that turned out to be amazing. The wine he suggested to go with my meal was perfect. This is the perfect way to spend a Monday evening. No stress, just being served some wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedavidg47VIPDined on 4/2/2014Chaz is the best waiter in the valley. Food quality is excellent, service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La TorrettaMare2014Dined on 3/29/2014This is the best Italian restaurant and the best service. We were there just this past Saturday night and the restaurant was packed!! My 2 Brothers and I always start off with the delicious fried calamari with marinara sauce and the sauteed calamari as usual it was fabulous. We also had bottle of Orvietto White Wine which was deliciious. Next we had the garden salad with white zinfandel dressing I had the Veal piccata which was tender and delicious my Brothers had the Ossobucco which was tender and delicious I asked for it with a side of angel hair past and marina and they gave it to me with no extra charge and there were veggies on the side. For dessert our server Darius who is fantastic treated us to cannoli. What a great night!!Special Features:
- Always GreatScrapperDined on 3/28/2014The Osso Buco is outstanding. Always a great choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014We enjoy this restaurant. We've dined there as a couple and also as a group of six. This time there were four of us. We went early as we like to avoid noise! The special, stuffed shells, were not as good this time - a little too much liquid and not enough cheese or flavor. Our guests had clam linguine and lasagna and both thought they were quite good. Waitress was a little more business-like - but service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- done an doneraynaDined on 3/9/2014Some of the dishes we had were very good, others not so good. One thing we all agreed on was the price was way over the top for what we had. We would have enjoyed a nice glass of wine, but the prices were just too high. We are not one to complain about tipping, as some of our family members are servers, but that should be at our own discretion not the establishments. Not likely to recommend this restaurant.
- Great wine below average steakTomInCCDined on 3/9/2014The service was excellent and the wine was great but my 20 oz $50.00 porterhouse steak that was supposed to be cooked medium was well done but since it was only a 1/2 inch thick they probably couldn't make it medium. It was okay but certainly not worth $50.00. My wife had one of their pasta dishes that she said was average at best. Had we not had a $25.00 off coupon we would have been extremely disappointed as it was we were only very disappointed. We will not return.Special Features:
- ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014It is a high end restaurant...with upscale prices. Too high for the value. Also, the wine list is rather exclusive with few lower priced selections.Special Features:
- Have been there many timesRobbDined on 3/6/2014Have been there many times and the food has been good. Service(Derius) was fun but slow.this was a very big occasion as I brought my family for a birthday event. I ordered the sea bass, my personal favorite. Had to send it back as it was inedible. Would probably be back but would have to have a good incentive to do so.
- Large portionsFullVIPDined on 3/5/2014The food was wonderful. Had enough left over to have another meal the next day. Very large portions. The fish was superb. The waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- AVERAGEFazioDined on 2/26/2014Average Italian food. Loud locals sitting at the bar. Service slow. Who piles vegetables on top of the ravilois and sauce... This was done back in the 80's!!!
- Great Italian Food and Huge PortionRazzinAzDined on 2/19/2014We had a lovely dinner midweek, with excellent and attentive service. Very fresh, large portions, and savory sauces. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance and delicious foodAvaAZDined on 2/14/2014Four of us had a wonderful meal and great service by our waiter Chaz. Prices were reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Valentines Daycoach8948Dined on 2/13/2014Love the ambiance, cozy with white table cloths. Food was extraordinary and the staff was extremely friendly. We had been once before, just trying out restaurants and loved the food so much we came back for our valentine day celebration. We definitely will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we don't eat outJaneyVIPDined on 2/12/2014Although we don't eat out much, we have been here several times and EVERY time, the food has been excellent! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awefulMARZYDined on 2/9/2014I will never print out a coupon when I have never been to that. Obviously that restaurant is in trouble.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2014This is a true Italian dinning experience. We just returned from Italy, where the food is truly fantastic in every sense and La Torretta was just like being back there. We will most certainly return and would recommend to anyone who wants a true Italian dinner. Excellent!Special Features:
- Feel Like Part of the FamiliaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014Great place. Family run and it feels like you're coming home for dinner. The wait staff is so accomodating and lets you customize the menu in so many ways. The gnocchi is outstanding! :) The son will make you feel so welcome each time and will make you smile throughout your meal - excellent place :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- very over priccedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014for the quality and portion sizwe this restaurant is extremely overpriced
- MARIA'S SERVICE IS THE BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014GREAT VEAL, HUGE PORTIONS. MARIAS SERVICE IS WARM AND FRIENDLY. EVEN BROUGHT US A COMPED DESSERT. I HAD 2 APPETIZERS, AND HAD ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER MEAL.Special Features:
- The Best Italian in PhoenixHoneyBflyVIPDined on 1/29/2014Such great flood and service. Husband had a steak with Gorgonzola I had the shrimp dish. Portions are so large we had to take them home. Our waiter Duryas is the icing on the cake with such wonderful service. We will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Average and expensive for what youFoodieVIPDined on 1/29/2014Went in because we got a coupon. Will not go back even with a coupon. Weird and very strange waiter. Ordered ravioli which came smothered in hamburger meat red sauce with veggies sitting on top? It wasn't bad we've just had so much better. The fresh bread however was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceterriDined on 1/25/2014The food is wonderful and the service is always great. Chaz goes out of his way to make sure our dining experience is a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as AlwaysKJCMFCDined on 1/19/2014This is our favorite neighborhood Italian Restaurant. We love the menu, the personality of the servers the food and desserts .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2014The service was great and the food was very good, but a little pricey for what you got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Mia!HoneyBflyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Wonderful mouthwatering dishes and superb service make this a place to come to on a regular basis. The freshest most flavorful Italian food in Phoenix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love to go to La TorettaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014We love to go to La Toretta for good homemade pasta or fish. It is not usually overly crowded and the ambiance is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have dined there a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Have dined there a few times and the dining experience is consistently good. The staff is friendly and engaging . If you are looking for palace to have a special meal I would recommend la torretta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked ItJCMosherDined on 12/27/2013We had a nice romantic birthday dinner. Friendly and fairly prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!chubbyDined on 12/20/2013Dinner was very good, presentation excellent, service spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous service, deliciousShellyVIPDined on 12/18/2013Fabulous service, delicious food and my new favorite ......Special Features:
- Just an OK experienceRonTorontoDined on 12/15/2013We were a group of 4. 2 people had the Sea Bass . This is an Italian restaurant, definitely not a seafood spot. The fish was mush, you couldn't easily tell the large slices white shallots buried in the white sauce, from the fish. Vegetables were steamed and appeared to be held too long . This is our second dining trip here. We won't do it again.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceMare2014Dined on 12/14/2013Had a great time with my family the food as always was marvelous. Were treated like family every time we come. The owner comes by our table and makes sure we enjoy our meal. Our server his son is always very funny and treats us well as well as any other server there. It is our favorite Italian restaurant in Arizona.Special Features:
- Came back soonSerenityDined on 12/8/2013The bread and oil was so very good we indulged in an unusual second helping. The waitress warned the entrees might be hard to finish then, but we were set on it. She was right. Yet, the creativity of the entree dishes was outstanding. Unfortunately, the tortellini was not al dente. That may be that their normal clientele are not west-coast diners for whom that is de rigeur. The creme brulee was possibly the best I have ever tasted - and I make it my business to taste it as often as available. It was light and creamy with a crisp carmelized top. We returned a second time to have another helping of that divine taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreVallyDined on 12/6/2013My husband and I went here for our 10 Anniversary Dinner. I had made reservations for 6:30 pm on a Friday evening. Ordered a glass of wine and a Rusty Nail (made with Drambuie and Scotch. Nice size drinks, but the Scotch tasted "out of sorts" for my husband. We ordered a mix green salad with fresh berries and walnuts - very good. Then we waited and waited for the main course. It seemed like forever! Another couple that had arrived after us, were already leaving and we had been served as yet. The Ravioli was tasteless and the Lasagna was made with sausage( we think) odd flavor. We ate half the meal and took home the left overs. The next day I added a can of tomato sauce and it tasted better.Special Features:
- Just were not happy with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013Just were not happy with our two pasta dishes. Cioppino was not flavorful at all and had a insignificant amount of seafood for the price $37. 4 clams, 4 mussels, piece of white fish and plenty of calamari. I had linguine with clam sauce. Loaded with canned clams, parsley and 4 clams! We both ate half and did not choose to take the rest home. Then the expresso was undrinkable. Sent that back and they did not charge us.
- Great dining in Kierland/ScottsdaleBobFDined on 11/13/2013We were staying at the Kierland Villas and looking for a nice place to celebrate our 30th anniversary and the dining at Scottsdale Square area was a bit pricey so we found La Toretta using opentable.com. The food was terrific (recommend the Crab Ravioli and Eggplant), the restaurant was quiet and the server was friendly and very knowledgeable on the menu. We could not have had a better dining experience.Special Features:
- DARIUS WAS GREAT, ENTERTAININGPAULDined on 11/12/2013DARIUS WAS GREAT, ENTERTAINING AND PERSONABLE!! PAUL AND BETH, BUCE AND SUSAN FROM MAINE AND NEBRASKASpecial Features:
- Wonderful Neighborhood SecretDelMarJunkieDined on 11/12/2013Tucked in a little strip mall on a busy street, I had driven by this place for years without sampling its food. Oh, how I wish I had stopped earlier! The food portions are large (enough to split or take home for another meal), tastefully prepared, and very flavorful. The waiter, Darius was witty and accommodated all of our needs. This Italian food restaurant is a neighborhood gem and one we will be frequenting far more in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealLuv2dineDined on 11/10/2013I had the appetizer caprese with bruschetta. It was very tasty. Then for the entre I had cannelloni with chicken. Thought I was back in Italy. The dinner was exceptional . I would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features: