La Torretta Ristorante
16640 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Torretta Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latorrettaaz.com/
- Phone: 4809912000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Sandoval
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a section of the Dining room and/or the Patio for private parties. For groups larger than 20 we require a prefixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Kersee or Darius 4809912000
A word from La Torretta Ristorante
"Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often" Voted Best Italian Restaurant - Scottsdale Magazine. La Torretta's combination of traditional and authentic Italian food, personalized service and congenial atmosphere translates to the highest quality dining experience. The restaurant is elegantly decorated with Renaissance-era stained glass and oil paintings. Guests are indulged in this congenial atmosphere inside or can dine on the Patio with the backdrop of the McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Torretta Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (8)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Absolutely excellent in all respects! Server was outstanding. Manager checked on us frequently and food was outstanding. Rand He of choices was excellent!Special Features:
- Italian nightTucsonvaca3Dined on 9/7/2014While on vacation in Scottsdale we needed an Italian night and boy did they deliver. Very friendly service, great advice for wine selection and the best stuffed shells I think I have ever eaten. True Italian gem. Great portions, my wife took half of her chicken dish home. A 10 all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic diningsuenarizDined on 8/31/2014Our meal at La Torretta Ristorante was fantastic. The service was outstanding as was the food. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Liqour License should be at risk!!JAZZDined on 8/23/2014Owner was the Host, and had a personality of a Rock. Very unsocial. Owner sat with friends from Canada at a table nearby our table. From the time the waitress initially greeted us, she was apologizing b/c another table was very loud and she couldn't hear us, nor us hear her. Turns out, "Mark" (a regular to the restaurant who brings a lot of money to them via business diners) was at a table of 6, and all were very drunk (bottles of wine, and lots of Shots). They were obnoxious, loud, and vulgar. Two other tables complained on Mark, waitress pulled him aside, he got worse. we spoke to owner, who tolerates Mark b/c of money. Won't go back, as our romantic dining experience is not important as $$$ for the owner. Worse than a sports bar!!!
- Great food and exceptional serviceaokmbkmomDined on 8/16/2014We loved dining at La Torretta. Chaz, our server, was amazing and helped us decide what to order. The food was delicious and the ambiance was romantic. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of my favorite spots!ScottsdaleDinerDined on 8/5/2014I haven't visited La Torretta as much in the past few years, but going back this week reminds me why it was my favorite Italian restaurant in the area! The personalized service is wonderful, the food is fantastic and the atmosphere is very warm and comfortable! I would recommend La Torretta to anyone wanting a romantic dinner or bringing a business group there. You will be well-taken care of!Special Features:
- EnjoyableOutandaboutDined on 8/4/2014We found the following excellent: the food, service (Darius is a charming, efficient, and knowledgable), and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LuvTapasDined on 8/1/2014Must go to this authentic Italian restaurant. Everything is made from scratch including pasta. Top service. A new favorite restaurant for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it !! You will love it!!!RSVPQueenDined on 7/23/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience! We had a group of seven celebrating our Dad's 95th Birthday! The food was delicious! We enjoyed the fish specials of the night... And the service provided by Chas was excellent... Not only was he attentive to our every need.. He also sang us a few tunes to enhance our enjoyment of our dinig experience. We will definately be back and recommend that you try it and like it, too! Oh yes, and make sure you have the CANOLI!!! The best we ever had!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian restaurant!RickDined on 7/16/2014Nicely decorated and conveniently located in north Scottsdale. Excellent, friendly service and great food ranging from my calamari with linguini and marinara to her chef's special of butterfish with vegetables and crab ravioli in cream cognac sauce. Excellent frozen chocolate tartuffo shared, which was imported from Italy. A little pricey but reasonable for what's offered and for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made First YR Anniversary remorableBcolombia03Dined on 7/12/2014It has been years since we have received such an attentive and over the top service. Chez the waiter definitely treated us like royalty. Just to say that at one point he sang to us :) Shows how over the top he went to give us the most memorable experience in dinning. Not even the best all inclusive resorts have we ever experience on July 12th 2014. The food was exquisite and the drinks were just right. Great thanks to Chez!Special Features:
- Best Italian In AZDavidBDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has the best Pasta's in AZ period. The Bolognese melts in your mouth. So Good. Nice owners and staff is great. My favorite Italian restaurant in the Valley.Special Features:
- Excellent Find!golfgirlDined on 7/9/2014This is a great Scottsdale restaurant for dinner! The food is excellent and the service is superb! I would highly recommend this restaurant over any chain restaurant.Special Features:
- GoodexpOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Dined at La Torretta once a while ago. Went because of a coupon received in the mail. Found the food great, service great, and overall experience the same. I would definitely go back, especially with a coupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner #46apdineoutDined on 6/29/2014the food and service was excellent the only negative a lack of bread -bakery had a fire -Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014The appetizers of snails and calamari were wonderful. Our pasta dishes, clams, and osso buco were superb. Our waiter, who is Persian, is always very knowledgeable about the wine list and and goes in great detail about the food preparation. He is very entertaining and a outstanding asset for your restaurant.Special Features:
- Another great experience!ScottsdaleFoodieDined on 6/27/2014La Torretta has never failed to amaze me! The entire experience, from the martinis to the tiramisu, was perfect. This restaurant is an upscale, family-owned establishment that satisfies my desire for a culinary experience which sends us home happy and content. The owner is on-site and working in the front of the house beside his staff, who have been there for years. All dishes had elements that communicated the freshness of the ingredients and the care that was taken in preparation. Our calamari was crispy, not overly salted as is common at other establishments, and accompanied by marinara sauce made on-site. I hate to tell you about the osso bucco, because I don't want it to sell out before we arrive for our next visit, so I won't. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great service, okay foodHeatherDined on 6/27/2014I had an overall good experience at this restaurant. Excellent service! The food was good but it was the overy cheesed and overly sauced Italian food - which is delicious but I was hoping for more. The portions were huge too. The decor was okay - a little over-the-top themey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJTartistDined on 6/23/2014Everything was well executed, The food was delicious, the service excellent , nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNCMARK19Dined on 6/21/2014The best Italian food I've had my life, great wait staff and very friendly people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likesitalianDined on 6/16/2014Having been to Tuscany Italy a few years ago and eaten in several fine establishments there, I would say La Torretta (translation: the little tower) favorably compares when it comes to authenticity and food preparation. There is an extensive wine list but my party did not indulge. Since it was aquiet week night the staff was very attentive. We have been there at busier times and found the same service to be true then also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming backHughDined on 6/16/2014We have eaten here several times and absolutely love the food and service. It is our most favorite Italian restaurant in the Valley. We have recommended it to a number of friends and those who have tried it find it great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TorrettaOldnick4funDined on 6/15/2014La Torretta is a great neighborhood place that is one of our "go to" restaurants for special occasions when we want a peaceful, friendly ambiance with excellent food. We have never been disappointed with the food and the service at La Torretta.Special Features:
- JimLVIPDined on 6/13/2014Surprisingly good! Everything is fresh, so give it the extra few minutes and enjoy.
- UnbelievableScottyBDined on 5/26/2014My annual golf trip to Scottsdale wouldn't be complete unless we hit La Torretta for dinner. Derias has made us feel like home each year we visit. The food is amazing! Their menu is one superstar entree after another. Do yourself a favor and make sure you stop in for the Italian meal of your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dinersDined on 5/20/2014The ambience is very nice, food is always excellent, service is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 481 reviews are from the La Torretta Ristorante reviews archive.
- Mother's Day ExperienceTomHDined on 5/11/2014This was the first time we visit this restaurant. Our overall dining experience is less than fair based on the wait of nearly 1 1/2 hour to get our order. Besides the wait we was seating on damaged chairs ( several cuts inside the leather ). Besides the wait and the outdated / damaged furniture we had to to complaint about the check which was accidentally $ 25 higher. The waiter apologized and returned the money. Long story short, we are not coming back
- Great locally-owned restaurantNeighborDined on 5/5/2014La Torretta never disappoints. The food is excellent and we had a great bottle of wine. Our waiter was attentive and kept us laughing throughout the evening with his banter. We went out to have a good time and we did! This locally-owned restaurant is a great escape from all the chain restaurants!Special Features:
- Very good, but not quite greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/1/2014We have eaten here before and have always enjoyed La Torretta. Entrees were very good. My wife was disappointed with her salad, as the fruit used had been frozen, not fresh. The bread served was mediocre, and the butter served frozen in individually wrapped aluminum pads, not in a dish/plate. We just expected a little more of a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everMurrayDined on 5/1/2014We started coming to this restaurant even before the current family owners purchased it in 2003. It has only improved with the years. The Pasta e Faggioli was not at all mushy the way it is if the soup is not freshly prepared. The Arctic char was moist, perfectly seared, sweet, and served over a delightfully seasoned spinach sauté. I substituted a spaghetti side with oil and garlic that was al dente and nicely complemented the main course. My wife enjoyed the eggplant Parmesan, thin, lightly breaded, and served with a freshly prepared tomato sauce. Their dry martini has always been superior. There is good wine for every pocketbook. Their spumoni is better than the usual commercial product. Our waiter, Darius, a family member, was a joy.Special Features:
- Italian specialfoodieDined on 4/30/2014A little snafu to start, but they recovered nicely. Food was good, would return for it. Wine list is too expensive for the selections they offer - a glass of wine should NOT be more than the price of the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful visitlove2travel2gtherVIPDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I dined at La Torretta this past Saturday night after saying we were going to dine there for over a year. We had such a wonderful experience. We were treated great from the moment we walked in the door until the moment we left. The staff are wonderful and so friendly. We also loved the pace that was set for us. No one rushed us at all, which is a real rarity when dining out these days. We will make sure that we definitely do not wait another year before we return.Special Features:
- not that greatunhappyDined on 4/17/2014This establishment is trying to pretend they belong in Scottsdale. You walk into an unimpressive foyer/bar. The lighting is dim to mask the decor that is probably from the dollar store. An escort is sitting at the bar probably waiting for a rich sucker to approach her. When approached by waiter he does not inform of any food or wine specials. He seems disheveled and is most likely a heavy drinker. He notifies that bread is being baked, while the aroma of baking bread is absent. Bread comes out with a cold center, likely previously frozen. Once food is delivered there is no checkback to verify it is satisfactory. Food was unimaginative and lacked flavor. Seemed like I could cook the same or better.
- Chaz out waiter sugested oneAzbabbyshineDined on 4/14/2014Chaz out waiter sugested one of the specials that turned out to be amazing. The wine he suggested to go with my meal was perfect. This is the perfect way to spend a Monday evening. No stress, just being served some wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedavidg47VIPDined on 4/2/2014Chaz is the best waiter in the valley. Food quality is excellent, service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La TorrettaMare2014Dined on 3/29/2014This is the best Italian restaurant and the best service. We were there just this past Saturday night and the restaurant was packed!! My 2 Brothers and I always start off with the delicious fried calamari with marinara sauce and the sauteed calamari as usual it was fabulous. We also had bottle of Orvietto White Wine which was deliciious. Next we had the garden salad with white zinfandel dressing I had the Veal piccata which was tender and delicious my Brothers had the Ossobucco which was tender and delicious I asked for it with a side of angel hair past and marina and they gave it to me with no extra charge and there were veggies on the side. For dessert our server Darius who is fantastic treated us to cannoli. What a great night!!Special Features:
- Always GreatScrapperDined on 3/28/2014The Osso Buco is outstanding. Always a great choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014We enjoy this restaurant. We've dined there as a couple and also as a group of six. This time there were four of us. We went early as we like to avoid noise! The special, stuffed shells, were not as good this time - a little too much liquid and not enough cheese or flavor. Our guests had clam linguine and lasagna and both thought they were quite good. Waitress was a little more business-like - but service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- done an doneraynaDined on 3/9/2014Some of the dishes we had were very good, others not so good. One thing we all agreed on was the price was way over the top for what we had. We would have enjoyed a nice glass of wine, but the prices were just too high. We are not one to complain about tipping, as some of our family members are servers, but that should be at our own discretion not the establishments. Not likely to recommend this restaurant.
- Great wine below average steakTomInCCDined on 3/9/2014The service was excellent and the wine was great but my 20 oz $50.00 porterhouse steak that was supposed to be cooked medium was well done but since it was only a 1/2 inch thick they probably couldn't make it medium. It was okay but certainly not worth $50.00. My wife had one of their pasta dishes that she said was average at best. Had we not had a $25.00 off coupon we would have been extremely disappointed as it was we were only very disappointed. We will not return.Special Features: