La Torre Mexican Grill
1155 College Mall Rd
Bloomington, IN 47401Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Torre Mexican Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btownmexicanfood.com/
- Phone: 8123365339
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sat 11 am-10 pm Sun 11 am-9 pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Off site and take out catering only
A word from La Torre Mexican Grill
We make it Fresco! At La Torre we take pride in serving you the freshest ingredients. Rich savory salsas made from scratch and wholesome rice and beans cooked daily to ensure the quality of our food. We bring to your table a variety of options. We are an allergy friendly establishment. Whether vegetarian, gluten intolerant, peanut or dairy, we got you covered. Our Promise to you is that here, you'll experience the heritage and tradition of authentic Mexican food. From our Family to yours, Familia SalazarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Torre Mexican Grill - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
La Torre Mexican Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last minute discoverylookingforgoodeatsDined on 5/10/2014I was late to try for a reservation for my son's graduation and everything was booked solid. La Torre was available, so I thought we might as well give it a try. The food was very good - a step or two up from the typical Mexican restaurant fare and the staff was very friendly and attentive. My son said it was shame that in four years in Bloomington he had never been here and hadn't even heard of it. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Graduation WeekendidnfjvlaDined on 5/9/2014My family went to La Torre on Friday of IU's graduation weekend. We had a reservation and were seated right away. The food was good but the service was incredibly slow. They kept apologizing and saying that "everyone came in at once". We had to wait a long time to order, had no refills on our water or chips/salsa, and barely saw our waiter. I understand that a restaurant can fill up quickly, but it was graduation weekend and I only saw one server... they should have been better prepared for a dinner slam on a busy weekend. I would still go back to this restaurant on a week night. The staff was friendly and food was good.
- Run if Stephan is your waiter!UnhappyDined on 5/9/2014If you want nasty Mexican food that took 45 minutes to get and 30 minutes to even get our drinks, then go here. Our waiter Stephan was terrible and other tables with other waitresses that got there after us somehow got our food before us. When asked for plates for our appetizers he said do you want to order or do you want your plates? Really? Just don't there!
- Mixed feelings re: foodStRemyREVDined on 5/5/2014I ordered the tamale, but ended up getting a taco and two quessadillas. The menu also spoke of guacamole being on the plate and there was none that I could see. It was Cinco de Mayo and perhaps they ran out of food or were too busy. The fresco margarita was one of the best I have had in a long time. My wife was very pleased with her order and the salsa is great.Special Features:
- Fair at bestJackVIPDined on 11/9/2013I was disappoined with our visit. I knew we were in trouble at the start when the salsa was watery and not distinctive in any way. The meal continued along this path with all three dinners expressing similar thoughts: fair but nothing special. For a Mexican restaurant, it was remarkably inauthentic.
- Think outside the taco!sonof60sVIPDined on 11/4/2013My husband had the whole tilapia fish and found it to be delicious and enjoyable. I had the chicken tortilla soup and it was also very good. Service by Shawn was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Food is good and staff isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2012Food is good and staff is pleasant. Not the best Mexican good I have had, but good for Bloomington choices.
- juppeats2starjuppeatsVIPDined on 5/5/2012I had the filet which was not very good, but my wife had the asada which was very good. Salsa needs to be spiced up. When I asked for hot sauce to add to it got something that was just as bland.
- The Restaurant is just okay.JakeDined on 4/25/2012The Restaurant is just okay. Food is not as good as i expected. This restaurant will be closing so fast if they open in TX, CA or AZ. The cook needs to improve the taste. The services also needs to improve as well. Good luck!Special Features: