1401 Marlton Pike East
Barclay Farms Shopping Center
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laterrazzacherryhill.com/
- Phone: (856) 354-1888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Whether you are planning a casual business luncheon, a special family event, or anything in between, our talented team will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your event is truly memorable and within your budget.
- Entertainment: On Thursday evenings we feature Megan LuRose, a local singer and songwriter whose musical genre can best be described as sultry pop-rock. With an alluring voice, seductive melodies, and enticing lyrics Megan will enhance your dining experience after a long work week. We will also be adding additional acts to perform outside on our newly renovated veranda.
A word from La Terrazza
We are a local, family owned, Italian BYOB restaurant in the heart of Cherry Hill that prides itself on using the freshest ingredients in our recipes. Each day we bake our own bread and prepare our homemade gnocchi and fussilli pasta. Our traditional marinara and pomodoro sauces are comparable to the recipes of Italy. Our menu features a wide selection of options that includes traditional dishes like chicken parmesan to more gourmet selections like our fresh, wild-caught, oven roasted Mediterranean sea bass. There are plenty of full size entrees, but there is also a great selection of smaller plates and appetizers like our fresh calamari, crab cakes, mussells, and sausage broccoli rabe for you and your guests to share and enjoy. In addition, we offer weekly specials featuring various seafood, beef, pork, and lamb options. Conveniently located along Route 70 and just off Interstate 295, La Terrazza has an Old World rustic charm with a modern flair. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Terrazza reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- One of the BestMannyDined on 11/22/2014Excellent food along with friendly staff that provides wonderful service, makes this place one of the best in South Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food.RJM7357Dined on 11/16/2014The food was great. The portions were very large but the menu prices were a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but ran out of itemsjustvisitingSFDined on 11/1/2014The food was very good here. We were a little disappointed that by 7:30pm on a Saturday night they ran out of some items, including eggplant. There were several vegetarians in our group and this meant that everything on the menu with eggplant was not available. I was impressed that the owner himself came over to apologize, explaining that everything is fresh so if they run out of something, it can not be replaced that night with something canned or frozen. They did offer to make a substitute vegetarian option for us. Another person ordered pasta with meat sauce and was told that they also ran out of meat sauce. Seems like that should be a staple in an Italian restaurant. Overall, everyone ended up enjoying their food and I would rec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing.CherryhillbillyDined on 11/1/2014Loved the old restaurant - was my favorite. Great food, cater to dietary needs (I have allergies). Made reservations for family birthday - found out after receiving different menu that ownership changed. Favorite meals gone. Food only OK. Service lacking and WAY TOO NOISY. Put all groups in a little room so our group of 5 couldn't even hear each other talk.
- We had a very nice delicous dinnerHealthydinerDined on 10/27/2014I would go back again anytime. The service was very good and they were very accommodating with food requests and special ordersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tkacDined on 10/4/2014So glad Joey is back with his menu favorites!! Food was amazing as always, and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good!DCTWMTDined on 9/25/2014Good solid Italian food. Asparagus/prosciutto/fontina appetizer was excellent. Lasagna too. They were nice enough to substitute risotto for pasta in my wife's entree. Our server, Vicki, was super. Recommended!Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the La Terrazza reviews archive.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for Father's Day with a party of 10. Good food at a reasonable price. Definitely would recommend this to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreathelioxDined on 5/31/2014Service was excellent and the food...good God, everything either has crabmeat in on or is covered in it. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeFredZVIPDined on 5/18/2014first time we tried La Terrazza. Everything was very good. Friendly intelligent waiter and the food was excellent. It is a BYOB which is great. We will be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationBillDined on 5/17/2014We made our reservation for 6 pm. When we arrived the hostess was going to seat us in the back corner of the Restaurent. When we as to be seated out front by or near the windows. We were told they were reserved. We responded we made reservations. The hostess stated yes but you booked through open table. Plus it wasn't like there were not any tables available there were plenty. After persisting we somewhat got what we asked for. This was the first time I ever experienced this with a reservation through open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightmarkbDined on 5/16/2014Veal samtibocca was a little chewy. Pasta was undercooked. Calamari was fine. I've been there before and had a good meal so I was a little disappointed. They seemed understaffed that eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian ApotHawwisonVIPDined on 5/16/2014We always get a great meal here AND great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforfunDined on 4/26/2014Very pleasant experience for a group of 8. Loved the branzino special. Good service. Everyone in our group was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining - Friendly Atmosphere3WomenDinersDined on 4/25/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The stuff mushrooms and flatbread were amazing and the house salad was refreshing. Everyone loved their entree. Lobster ravioli with lump crab meat and shrimp was fabulous. The filet special with crab meat was tender and very tastey. Service was well-timed and friendly. Like the idea of it being a byob. Will definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014I chose to go here simply because I had a coupon and it literally next door to where I live. I was not that crazy about the food. Very salty. Not sure if all the dishes were like this but I ordered the eggplant rollatini, which I love, and did not like very much from here. My family members also did not like there dishes much either. Not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter DinnerCollDined on 4/20/2014My boyfriend and I took our mothers to La Terrazza for an early easter dinner. It was our first time and we were NOT disappointed. The dishes sounded scrumptious with an interesting twist. They were prepared with a decent sized portion and the taste was really very good. It's not your average Italian restaurant, La Terrazza takes it up a notch and provided a fantastic meal at a fantastic price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food and good serviceJerseyFoodieDined on 3/21/2014My girlfriend and I came here on a Friday night date after finding a Groupon and seeing the menu. The restaurant was really cute and clean, and all the staff were very pleasant and courteous. The decor gives the restaurant a quaint vibe like you're sitting in a quiet Italian vineyard. It's nice. The food was AMAZING. The bread on the table was hot and fresh. For dinner, I ordered the Lobster ravioli with jumbo lump crabmeat and jumbo shrimp in a blush sauce and my girlfriend ordered wheat pasta arrabiata with jumbo shrimp, scallops and crabmeat. All of it was great. Our waitress was nice and knowledgeable and the food came out fast. Also this place is a byob so don't forget your bottle of wine! I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian foodGreatdining2014Dined on 3/21/2014We had a variety of dishes ranging from seafood to veal. All were prepared to perfection. Portions just right. Server was attentive, great food and service adds up to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok this timehungryguyDined on 3/14/2014Seems to be hit or miss. Had a pasta dish with crab, scallops and shrimp. The shrimp and scallops were not flavorful and the texture was as though they had been frozen too long, in my opinion.Special Features:
- quick but good saturday night mealopentabledinerDined on 3/1/2014As usual staff was very accommodating and we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it here!!!JanetDined on 2/28/2014This is our favorite Italian restaurant - will come back again and again!!Special Features:
- very pleased123goDined on 2/27/2014First time dinning here, very pleased. Quality & presentation of food very good.Our server went out of the way to make us feel welcome & answered many questions. Spoke with owner about info on private parties, we are considering holding our event there.Special Features:
- Great experiencemfeinhalsDined on 2/16/2014Went to this restaurant for the second time in a few days, and it was wonderful. The only problem I had with it the first time was that the overhead lighting was too bright. When we again asked them to lower the lights, they did. Again, the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent findsunshine59Dined on 2/15/2014Great food at a reasonable price. What more could you want.Special Features:
- High price, so so food and serviceEnjoysgoodfoodDined on 2/14/2014We were there for valentines. We were very rushed, the waiter did not seem to care and the food was uninspiring. A disappointment.
- Wonderful restaurantmfeinhalsDined on 2/12/2014My husband attended a business dinner here one night, and came home raving about the food. so we decided to try it. What a nice surprise. The calamari was probably the best we ever had. Everything was fresh and well prepared. If there is a downside to this restaurant it's that it is way too brightly lit for the evening. However, when I asked the waiter to see what he could do, he had the lights turned down to a comfortable hue. I was actually getting a headache from the overhead lighting. Other than that, the décor is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemdiner1Dined on 2/8/2014There was some kind of mix up with our open table reservation and the restaurant was extremely busy so we had to wait an hour for our table. However, the staff was very apologetic and offered to make things right by offering free desserts for the table. Our server was so attentive and the food was delicious. Even with the long wait, we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience!AjayVIPDined on 2/8/2014Always a wonderful experience! One of our favorite"go to" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNiNiVIPDined on 1/18/2014We would definitely come back to this restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was great. The owner waited on us and was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed experiencerobertDined on 1/18/2014We came on a Saturday night and had a 7 PM reservation. We had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. Once seated we were given water, bread and olive oil but no place settings (no napkins or cutlery). We waited another 15 minutes for our waiter. He was very enthusiastic and attentive to our needs, but my wife's broccoli rabe order never arrived. The appetizers were very good, the entrees were average. Overall, nothing special.
- Not What I ExpectedmeatballsaregoodDined on 1/18/2014The service was horrendous, it took 10 minutes before our server made an appearance at our table and he did not have a bottle opener for our wine. He spoke so quickly, we could barely understand him reciting the specials. We received our salad before our bread. I had to ask for the bread several times before he brought it out. The menu looked delicious; I carefully studied the menu online before I ordered. My husband ordered the Saltimbocca, the chicken was over cooked and rubbery, he could not finish his meal. I ordered the Melanzane Rollatini; the eggplant was so mushy and tasteless. My husband and I were both very disappointed in both the service and the food at La Terrazza and will not return.
- We always enjoy going to LaBarryVIPDined on 12/22/2013We always enjoy going to La Terrazza. The food and service is always terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went for location dont you repeatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2013It was close to where we needed to be and I read okay reviews. It is a large open seating area, no atmosphere at all, place was loud even at 6:00, with very few people there. Food was ok but at $20+ per person overpriced for what I would refer to as a pizza joint. Service was good but we wehre there very early after a local meeting. Would not go back, as there are way too many other choices in the area.
- Overall good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Food and service was very good. Group of six and we were seated right on time for our reservation on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Anthony!!!BakerruVIPDined on 12/2/2013First and foremost..even above the food I would like to say something about a fantastic person we met that night at La Terrazza. Anthony! My first encounter with Anthony was with his persistence to rectify an issue I was having with Open Table and making my reservation. He even called me back in less than 20 minutes to let me know the issue had been resolved. Then such a bright pleasant greeting when we arrived at the restaurant as our host and even better to find that he was our server as well. Very friendly, funny and patient. His dinner recommendations were scrumptious, as I am certain everything on the menu is. Great atmosphere & decor. Positively will be back and with friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Itialian for in the area5555Dined on 10/12/2013Everything is made fresh. We had Veal Parmigiana and Veal Francese. Each entrée came with salad and sides of your choice of pasta. We had cappellini and spaghetti We could even tell that our pasta was made to order not pre cooked. The service was 5 stars our waiters name was Vincent(Vinie) We brought red and white wine with us and without even asking they opened the bottles and put the white wine in an ice bucket. Perfect! The prices were reasonable not high. This used to to be called Mirabella's Cafe but that closed and La Terrazza Took the restaurant over .We liked this restaurant much better. A word to the wise. Make a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter, I believe hisnancys13VIPDined on 10/5/2013Our waiter, I believe his name was Mark, was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th Birthday CelebrationLaxmom2Dined on 9/7/2013This was a very nice BYOB restaurant that served a wonderful meal. From appetizers and salad to the main course, everyone in our 5 person party was happy with their food. Pasta, seafood and pork were items that were ordered and all cooked very well. The service was great: our table was ready for us when we got to the restaurant and when they saw we brought champagne, out came an ice bucket and flutes, in addition to our wine glasses. The view of the parking lot and Route 70 is the only downside; curb appeal is not what I like but I was not attending the restaurant for the view. Inside, it was clean and nicely decorated. I would definitely go back again and recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2013The food is consistently good at La Terrazza. We went on an evening when the restaurant was hosting a large party. The noise level was unbearable and service was very slow.