215 Lincoln Blvd, the presidio
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laterrassepresidio.com/
- Phone: 4159223463
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:45am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Brunch Saturday from 10am to 4pm and Sunday from 10am to 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Pierre "Titou" Palomes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For all your catering needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Our capacity inside is 50/60 people, with a heated outside area which can accommodate 70 peoples as well. There is a possibility to rent an outside tent with clear side and a forced air heater for an additional cost.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Emblanc 4159223463
- Entertainment: Why don't you come and enjoy our Happy Hour!!!!! From 4pm to 6pm, Monday thru Thursday, wine special $5; cocktail of the week $5; Anchor Steam $4; Sierra Nevada $4; Cone of fries $4; Pate Maison $6.
- Special Events: We do accommodate special events. From wedding rehearsal, memorial, company reunion, Christmas, business meeting, etc.
- Cross Street: Graham Street
- Public Transit: We are located at the Main Transit hub of the Presidio at the intersection of Graham St. and Lincoln Blvd directly across from the Fire Station. The Presidio Shuttle stops in front of La Terrasse as well as PresidiGo.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking in front and adjacent to La Terrasse. There is a time limit on the one side to 30 minutes. The other parking area has meter machines (1 hour/1 dollar). Free parking available nearby on the main post area. No meters on evenings or week-ends.
A word from La Terrasse
La Terrasse is a Restaurant with full bar placed in the beautiful Presidio National Park. The dining room plays off the picturesque Park setting, indoor and outdoor seating, with a full bar. The French cuisine also utilizes a wood-burning oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Terrasse reviews from OpenTable diners
- La Terrasse is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/4/2012La Terrasse is a wonderful spot. The service is exceptional and the small kitchen prepares excellent dishes. Everything is served attractively and the chef and staff never disappoint. It is a great favorite of mine and my friends as well. The outdoor dining is a treat with gas heaters when it's cold outside, dogs are welcome. Parking is ample and a welcome relief in this busy neighborhood.Special Features:
- Dreadful Service - Special LunchCarrieDined on 1/3/2012We booked a table for 12 for my mother's 89th birthday celebration lunch - because she enjoys the food and the location. The service was dreadful, many did not get what they ordered or some of their courses were forgotten, the apologies were continuous but the service did not improve. The waiter couldn't event get the bill paying process straight!Special Features:
- We had a three course dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011We had a three course dinner and loved every bite of it.Special Features:
- A new favorite!moviemuthaDined on 12/20/2011While they have a really fabulous menu day to day, their specials are amazing. I had a corn soup that was off the hook. I love the mussels dish although the fries that come with it are too salty for my taste I eat bread with the mussels and it's divine! Wonderful service and friendly staff make it a place that is hard to resist. (not to mention free and easy parking!) Its a new favorite.Special Features:
- Just mention La Terrasse andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/20/2011Just mention La Terrasse and everyone says "I love that place!" Me, too. It's perfect in every way: helpful and friendly staff, great menu, impeccable preparation of dishes, beautiful vistas of the Presidio and Bay, ample parking. Our recent party of 6 had a sensational time.Special Features:
- With the new cooking teamFrancisVIPDined on 12/17/2011With the new cooking team in place, this restaurant is worth giving a try. I found prices to be reasonable, the staff professional, and location unique. Try the Tartare Ahi Tuna, 62° Egg, Mussels, Duck Leg Confit, & Crème Brûlée.Special Features:
- They made my Wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011They made my Wife's birthday a memorable one. Great Service! Great Food! Great Everything!Special Features:
- Fantastic as usual. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011Fantastic as usual. The service is ultra reliable. The same people have been working there for as long as I've been going there, and they are always so wonderful. The food is ridiculously good, and well priced. The atmosphere is full of wood, and fire, and provides an intimate escape in the middle of the Presidio. If you like who you are with, then go here. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- As always, had a wonderfulExcellentVIPDined on 12/3/2011As always, had a wonderful evening here. Service was excellent - friendly, yet professional. Food was a bit spotty - some of us struck it rich (salmon), others not so much (cheeseburger). But we still love this place - great atmosphere, great service, great wines by the glass.Special Features:
- unfortunately it is closed!serverDined on 12/3/2011unfortunately it is closed! We went the other day to have lunch and found the doors had closed, very sad
- What happened here???MaileQVIPDined on 12/3/2011This used to be one of our favorite spots in SF, but not any more. Not sure if the place was sold or what, but the food is no longer the wonderfully prepared traditional French fare that it was. The salad was drenched in vinegar, french onion soup was so thick like a stew and tasted burnt from being on the stove way too long. We would have sent them both back but were starving since it took an hour to get them. Of the 2 entrees the only thing I would recommend was the flank steak. No one ever asked how our food was nor did they apologize for taking so long. It's really a shame that this place went downhill so much.
- Another wonderful dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/30/2011Another wonderful dinner at La Terrasse ! We took a friend for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed all of our dishes from the house made prosciutto to the basa fresh fish with snap peas to our two desserts. The food is delicious and the service attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceWillfromSFDined on 11/19/2011Tucked away in the Presidio, it's nice to have ample parking for an SF restaurant for a change. The food was excellent, I recommend the smoked salmon flatbread, though all in our party of four were pleased with their choices. I thought the chocolate dessert (I forget the full name) was a little disappointing - tasted like standard chocolate pudding and the portion was small. But that's a minor complaint for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Chef Mike Fredsall never disappointcolleenVIPDined on 11/15/2011Chef Mike Fredsall never disappoints. He used to work at a bistro close to our home which we often frequented. When we found out where he landed we had to try it. Food is excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great but not fast FoodGeneqDined on 10/25/2011Everyone in our group of three ordered something different from french Onion soup to beet salad to trout to flat breads to lemon tarts....all were outstanding. Be prepared however for a leisurely dinner because nothing come quickly. Overall, well worth the wait.Special Features:
- The service was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2011The service was fantastic very attentive. Food was unbelievable and the view is priceless.Special Features:
- French Onion soup was someOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011French Onion soup was some of the best we've ever tasted and the spinach salad w/ warm bacon dressing was phenomenal. Wait staff was superb - polished without being too stuffy. Excellent place...excellent food...definitely go!Special Features:
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/15/2011This was our first visit and won't be our last. Wonderful meal. Most notable were the perfectly prepared salmon fillet and the delicious warm spinach salad. Our server was delightful, and we really enjoyed the decor.Special Features:
- Trout was great! WeatherOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2011Trout was great! Weather divine and the hostess, Barbara was thoughtful enough to accommodate our special request for an lovely table that evening..... Our waiter was accommodating, but at times we felt forgotten....Special Features:
- Service was lacking. OurNameDined on 10/8/2011Service was lacking. Our server was very friendly, but she was too busy to meet our needs. Other wait staff was also too busy and were very abrupt. For the price we paid for the food, I would expect warmer service. Instead, we got fast food type service. Fortunately, we were not in a rush and didn't mind waiting for everything (drink order, food order, food, drink refill, dessert order, everything was slow).Special Features:
- We received email confirmationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2011We received email confirmation for our dinner reservations last night, and we also received a confirmation phone call from the restaurant on Friday to confirm our reservation. We arrived at the restaurant early and we were told we had no reservation! We have never had this happen with Open Table reservations in the past. The restaurant never apologized, even when we pulled up our confirmation on our phone to "prove" that we had a reservation. It seems that the problem was with the restaurant. The food was great and we ended up having a wonderful dinner. Also, it would have been nice to have the restaurant acknowledge that we did in fact have a reservation and apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait for a table.
- The food was fabulous, dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011The food was fabulous, dinner and dessert, as was our waiter who spoke a few languages-which make our party feel very much at home. The young woman who seated us though was the wrong person for the job. We arrived early, gave her our "reservation" name and told her we were waiting for two other people, making us a party of five. When our two friends arrived about 20 min later they were told we hadn't arrived and they then proceeded to wait as suggested at the bar FOR 45 MIN. while we sat ordering different small plates wondering what had happened. We waited an hour before we were able to contact each other by phone!and this is not a huge restaurant. The young woman was clueless, never apologized and proceeded to carry on as usual.Special Features:
- My wife and I had not beenOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/25/2011My wife and I had not been to La Terrasse for a while so we thought we would stop in. We were happily surprised to see Robert had returned as manager and he has made changes to the menu with new creations, two chefs now and added new people to his team to provide great service. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed rediscovering La Terrasse !Special Features:
- Parking Parking Parking!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011A Qualtiy hidden spot with big glass windows of "Breath" taking views of SF Gate and the Bay. Well presented food put out by new kitchen staff that is on par with SF culinary standards. Parking is easy and plentiful.Special Features:
- Stellar meal presented byOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2011Stellar meal presented by the staff. Incredible service, food that was far too good for the price, and a view of the golden gate bridge and entire bay that they should be charging thousands for. I can't wait to let all my friends know about the experience I had. This restaurant has definately changed their vibe and will for sure be the hot spot coming up in years to procede. Get here before they get their michelin stars!!!Special Features:
- The location is a little iffyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/24/2011The location is a little iffy - in the middle of the Presidio. Ownership is really striving for upscale dining, and it is largely achieving.Special Features:
- Went back there a second timestemoore9192VIPDined on 9/17/2011Went back there a second time with family in town visiting. Meal was great -- service a little slow, but nothing too drastic. Only surprise was that their Cote de Boeuf special (which was outstanding and a huge portion) was $58 -- and our party ordered 5! So the bill was quite a bit more than we had expected, especially for a place where other entrees run in the $20-30 range (and another ribeye entree listed at $28). Will teach us to ask in the future.
- Our party of four were treatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011Our party of four were treated like family! Maitre de Robert is a gem, and our server (sorry did not get his name) was charming. Both know their business and customers so well. We would definitely return to La Terrasse. Thank you again for our wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Nice TreatHappySanJoseMomDined on 7/28/2011The service and food were very good. We had the dinner special which was cote d'beouf - sliced rib eye steak for two with two sauces and surrounded by beautifully roasted baby vegetables. Very nicely done simple salad. Plenty of parking. The burger & fries at the next table was gorgeous! Would like to eat lunch on the terrace when the weather is warm. Cons: Tables too close together, watert epid witn no ice.Special Features:
- Not as good as last time IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2011Not as good as last time I ate there. Ok, but not great.Special Features:
- A little gem in San Francisco.ManuelHVIPDined on 7/24/2011Luncheons are great, dinner has fantastic menu, and the staff is friendly.
- A real shame: lovely setting,OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/19/2011A real shame: lovely setting, but indifferent food and stunning bad service
- I enjoyed the relaxed quietmariniteDined on 7/16/2011I enjoyed the relaxed quiet feel (and easy parking!). The menu had a broad array of choices including pizza, burger, fish and meats - all presented beautifully. The butternut squash soup was delicious, as well as the spinach & pear salad.Special Features:
- I Had a great birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/8/2011I Had a great birthday meal with my family. The food was just wonderful service was very good and the place was unhurried and not crowded or noisy there is plenty of free parking!. We all came away feeling as though we had just received our Paris bistro fix, without having to get on a airplane. I will be going back again, and again.Special Features:
- Our meal was great, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2011Our meal was great, especially my seabass with risotto. Robert, the manager and our waiter, was delightful and attentive! It was very pleasant sitting next to the outdoor terrace on a lovely evening!
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/2/2011Food was good but service was terrible. Way over 2 hours for 2 people for simple dinner.Special Features:
- Unpleasant surprise at the billOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2011I was very disappointed in this recent visit because the waitress told us the specials without indicating the price. All the entrees were about $19-28 so I expected the specials to be the same. One of our young female guests from out of town was interested in the cote de boeuf and was assured by the waitress that it was a large piece of meat, but was really delicious. So, she went for it. I only learned when I received the bill that this dish was $58! I didn't want to question it at the time but called later to find that this was correct. That the meal was really supposed to be for 2 people!
- Great place, would come there againSvruDined on 6/17/2011Food was great, staff was very friendly and professional, even to our children (from 2 year old and up). Parking was easy too (for SF).Special Features:
- Open Table has a problem:WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2011Open Table has a problem:We made late reservation, but the time (for 2) was accepted and confirmtion received. BUT about 40 minutes later we entered the restaurant, & even though I saw our names on their computer, we were told that here were NO tables and they could only offer us bar seats.They said they had several big parties so Open Table didn't recognize that tables for 2 were gone.This needs to be corrected between Open Table & member retaurants; I will never again quite trust reservations. This was a big night for us that was diminished.Actually, la Terrasse could have offered some polite compensation (and the manager well-known for his attitude just sniffed about the problem) i.e., comped drinks or something.
- Our server disappeared!VailFirstTimerVIPDined on 6/8/2011We had a reservation for five for lunch. We came on time and they had one table that could accommodate us, in the corner and behind the hostess station. Not a problem, as that is where they always put us. Maybe I should have put in my OT request to put us by some windows. The restaurant became busy with the lunch crowd and that is when our server literally disappeared! Did not see her for twenty minutes and we had ordered sandwiches just to make sure we got our food in a timely manner. We had to ask another person -- perhaps a manager, I am not sure - 2-3 times to check on our order since we did not see our server at all (and we were desperately looking! We were also irked because when we sat down we said we had to be out in an hour.