La Tee Da Cafe
206 Allen Street
Buffalo, NY 14201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tee Da Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lateedacafe.net/
- Phone: (716) 881-4500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday 5 pm-9-pm (Kitchen closes at 9)
Friday & Saturday 5 pm-10 pm (Kitchen Closes at 10)
Bar Hours- Wednesday-Saturday- 5 pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Sherry Tomaselli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: HOCKEY SEASON SPECIAL!
ENJOY 1/2 PRICE APPETIZERS AND $2 SELECT BEERS AT THE BAR DURING GAMES
JOIN US FOR DINNER BEFORE ANY HOME GAME AND RECEIVE 10% OFF WHEN YOU BRING IN YOUR TICKET
NEW YEAR'S EVE 2015...details coming soon!
- Cross Street: Elmwood
- Public Transit: Main Street Transit. Stop at Allen Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public Parking Lot next to our building. Must pay for a receipt until 9 PM. Machine accept credit cards and coins. Street Available as well. Metered. Pay until 5 PM. Quarters only
A word from La Tee Da Cafe
A family owned business since 2005. Everything we serve is house made. Seafood choices are wild and sustainable; generally a cold water choice. I only use Farm Fresh Eggs. I cook with produce from Farmers that grow right in my neighborhood, going to market on a daily basis for the freshest picked produce. I use nothing that has been precut, chopped or otherwise run through a bleach bath. My sausage comes from a local sausage maker. Our beef is grass fed and free range, locally sourced. I take great pride in feeding people real food. My philosophy is this...if I wouldn't serve it to my family, I wont be serving it to my customers. We do all we can to please and satisfy our customers. Thank you for considering joining our family for your dining experience, whether it is on our beautiful heated patio surrounded by lush gardens, or inside where the warm red walls decorated with local artist's works, feel like a place of comfort. We do hope that you will join us and see for yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Tee Da Cafe - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
La Tee Da Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- La Tee Do CafeBuffaloFoodLoverDined on 11/12/2014I went with a friend and we decided to share a few plates. We had the spinach balls which were fantastic! We also had the meat and cheese board as well as the poached pear salad. The meat and cheese board was good but the only cheese given was a brie and I pesonally like a litlte more variety. There was also only two pieces of bread to had the cheese and meats with and I wish there was a little more. The salad was really good. Service and wine was great. My biggest concern is the limited menu. In addition to their three pastas they only had a risotto and fish dish. Not much to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZoedogDined on 11/8/2014So nice to have vegan options that are yummy! The eggplant wings were amazing.Special Features:
- La Tee Da on 11/7/14FoodisGreatDined on 11/7/2014My first time at La Tee Da was very nice. The food was good, not outstanding, but an about average good. The service was excellent, after reading some reviews about poor service, I found the service to be above and beyond. The prices were very reasonable, so I would argue with the reviews that said it was overpriced. La Tee Da is a very quaint restaurant, with a nice vibe, and some solid comfort foods.Special Features:
- Great Cafe in AllentownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We were thrilled to learn of LaTeDa. We had a quiet meal there before walking over to the Philharmonic ( a bonus, we didn't have to park twice!) It's a small intimate cafe, cute interior. Only wine or beer, which was fine for us; bottles of wine are reasonable.The spinach ball appetizer is fantastic, salads are huge so you could share ( divide it yourself at the table, the kitchen charges $5). My Chicken Sausage pasta was perfect, not too spicy and the sauce was very good. Big portion! Companion had a Beef special which he devoured. We were full so can't comment on desserts. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Hidden Gemsuz1111Dined on 10/24/2014My date suggested this restaurant. I had never been but i'd heard good things about it. I wasn't disappointed! The candle lit atmosphere and quiet ambiance made this a great date night restaurant. I had the risotto of the evening, which was terrific. My date had pasta and pesto. We started with the spinach balls, which were great. The service was excellent. I am looking forward to returning here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJc5517Dined on 10/24/2014Service, food and setting were all great. Staff was excellent. Great family owned and run business.Special Features:
- Seasonal DeliciousnesshvfnDined on 10/2/2014We were a group looking for a restaurant with seasonal, healthy choices. We found it! All of the selections were prepared with fresh ingredients, and served to us like those in the kitchen really care about food. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and attentive. We were impressed!Special Features:
- A nice place to eat.RochesterDinerDined on 9/27/2014We don't live in Buffalo, but were going the for a Buffalo Philharmonic concert. This place had good reviews, the menu seemed small but interesting (the have several daily specials too) and it was within walking distance to the concert. There is some off street parking, but we found a spot on the street so we could leave the car during the show and not take up there parking lot. We were very satisfied with our choice of food. The spinach balls were tasty and unique. The poached pear salad was notable also. Wife loved the trout and I enjoyed the spicy chicken pasta dish. they try to use fresh and local foods. They have a good bottled beer list. if I go to Buffalo again for a show I"ll eat there again. Fine family owned restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night diningDragonflyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had a relaxing , beautiful evening on the patio. Service was friendly and accommodating , food was rustic italian delicious and ambience was romantic and fun. Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prettiest restaurant in BuffaloDukemomVIPDined on 9/20/2014La Tee Da is still the prettiest restaurant in Buffalo and it's gotten even better with some recent improvements. Nothing beats sitting on the tented, heated, patio surrounded by candlelight and twinkling lights. Plus, the food's as good as ever. Everything is homemade by the owner right in the kitchen that evening. It doesn't get any fresher. Nightly specials are based on what looks good that day. The poached pear salad is the best in town. Our server, Emily, was really helpful and suggested a few specials that we loved. She even brought us a birthday dessert on the house. To top it off, we had a bottle of the best wine I've had in ages for only $30. For delicious homemade food, in a beautiful romantic spot, La Tee Da is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La Tee Da!!JazzyJimVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner on their beautiful back patio last night. From the salads to the entrees it was delicious dining experience. The food was cooked perfectly and was beautifully plated. Our waitress Lindsay was attentive, warm and very knowledgeable. We had a simple Pinot Grigio that was great with everything we ate. I was pleasantly surprised when our bill came that we could enjoy FINE dining for such a reasonable price. You must try LaTeeDa!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit too priceysoxesDined on 9/13/2014Their specials are good, but pricey for the area. The patio is chilly even with the heaters; and they discourage indoor dining which is confusing.Special Features:
- Quirky La Tee DaBuffaloBillDined on 9/13/2014We had reservations for dinner and arrived on time. First we were surprised that they were not seating inside; everyone was outside. This was fine since it was a pleasant evening and their outdoor dining area was mostly enclosed and there were overhead heaters, so, very comfortable. What was odd was that when we arrived, most of the tables were empty; completely set with table cloths and utensils, but were still told to wait. After 10 minutes or so, and ordering wine at the bar, we were seated. Service was slow, but pleasant, and the food was wonderful! And that's the bottom line, so, we WILL be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Very RomanticDinnerDateDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I finally tried this restaurant after many friends had recommended it to us. The food was delicious - we had the Eggplant Wings, Risotto of the day, Scallops (which was a Seafood Special), and Tiramisu. It was a warm summer night, so we ate outside on the patio, it was softly romantic. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, yet as the night went on and the restaurant filled up, the attentiveness waned. Overall, the ambiance was excellant - perfect for a date night and the food was wonderful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and patio, slow serviceKla826Dined on 8/28/2014We had a group of 12 with reservations made weeks in advance. The patio was beatiful, appetizers and meals delicious. Our waitress was very nice but was the only one working the Thursday night we were in. Our service was fine at the beginning of the evening (our reservation was at 6:30) but by 7:30 or so the patio had filled up and out waitress was swamped. It took over an hour to get our meals packaged to go and our check. We even opted out of desserts (which we were looking forward to!) because it was 9:00pm by the time they were offered. There were two bartenders working who occasionally stepped out to help but not nearly enough to lighten our poor servers load. We would be hesitant to return based on the poor staffing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tee Da-licious!EatDrinkBeMerryDined on 8/27/20144 friends finally found time for a get together and went with a recommendation to dine at La Tee Da on Allen Street in Buffalo NY. I've walked this street many times but did not know about the hidden gem behind the quaint front room. The patio, decorated with subtle lighting and artwork, provided us with a great place to talk and enjoy our meal. Our waitress was delightful and the wine and food, which was an ample portion and reasonably priced, did not disappoint. We ordered dessert and our server graciously offered to split it up so we could all enjoy a few bites and the gelato was a perfect selection to enjoy the end of Summer. The main room is equally as charming and makes this a destination for all year round.Special Features:
- NaTreeDined on 8/27/2014Recommend they serve bread basket and a side salad before entree ;) food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLovenicemealsDined on 8/22/2014We had been to La Tee Da a few times before so we were sure it would be nice for a special dinner, and we were right! We ordered the spinach balls (a favorite), the salad with pluots, scallops entree and penne entree. Service was great, food was great, we thoroughly enjoyed it! Would recommend it to anyone, anytime not just for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNguyej30Dined on 8/21/2014Everything was amazing from start to finish. The ambience was great and intimate. The food is amazing and the portion sizes are perfect! Our serve Lina was attentive and sweet. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal6finefoodfansDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful meal at LaTeeDa. Among the six of us, five different entrees were ordered and each was thoroughly enjoyed. It was noisy the Saturday evening we were there, which took away from our enjoyment somewhat. But the food and service were exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the La Tee Da Cafe reviews archive.
- menu is uncreative, food is averagevecchio49VIPDined on 7/18/2014I have dined here several times in the past, each time leaving a little more disappointed. We ordered a scallop dish, which was delicious, but $29.00 for 3 scallops was a little pricey. Two of us ordered pasta dishes which were blah and the "Chicken Cacciatore" was ziti with a few shreds of chicken, not "hunters stew" like the name implies. The salted caramel gelato was wonderful, but the cannoli shell was soggy and stale. It is not Kid Friendly. A small bowl of buttered ziti was $16.00.Special Features:
- DinnerJblank0530Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner on Saturday night. We will certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the tripCynthiaVIPDined on 6/28/2014The restaurant only seats on the non air conditioned patio (it was quite hot out and fans were not enough to make it comfortable to be outside), which was not mentioned on the website, the menu was very limited (not same as advertised on website), they were not offering gluten free options advertised on website menu as the waiter informed us "the kitchen is getting lazy" and they ran out of majority of specials by 8:15 so obviously don't buy enough food.
- One of Buffalo's Best Dining SpotsALongVIPDined on 5/31/2014One of the first restaurants i visited when returning to Buffalo for summer. Food is great, service is excellent, great ambiance, one of the best patio spots for summer time, and the family that owns the place are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGoodVinoNfoodDined on 5/23/2014The service was great! I'm vegan and was very pleased that the chef was able to accommodate. The food and wine was amazing and the atmosphere was so nice. The experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingLAM57Dined on 5/17/2014This was my first visit to La Tee Da Cafe. I've been wanting to try it for some time and was not disappointed! I have celiac disease and must eat gluten free. They offered a variety of dishes that were suitable for me. The food was delicious and the service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The food was fabulous - Service was attentive, without being overbearing. Will definitely go back, especially to sit outside on their patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014This is my 5th time dining at this restaurant and always love having a girls wine night at this gem right in the heart of Allentown. The spinach appetizer was phenomenal as always but the entrees need some work. The food lacks flavor and I really want to love it but it falls short :( Most of the entrees are very healthy which is good, and although descriptions sound lovely, the food is bland and not memorable. My tuna was pretty dry and my friend's salad lacked flavor as well. This spot is adorable and I hope the chef can work on making the food as awesome as the decor.Special Features:
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Menu was limited and was not the same menu as posted on Open Table. Server and host were great. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Pleasant Night OutHappyDinerDined on 3/8/2014Even though the winter accommodations are small compared to the summer patio, it was great for the six of us. The specials were amazing especially the Cod dinner. Portions were big enough for my husband and myself to bring home and eat for dinner the next day. And the bottle of wine for $15 was a bonus. They even wrapped up the leftover wine and sealed so we wouldn't transport an open container. Waitress very pleasant, and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencebikeboyDined on 2/27/2014Very good food with reasonable wine cost. Bench seating on one side which is a bit uncomfortable and cramped. For 4 people or less, consider choosing a table with chairs on the opposite side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dark spot for a great biteDdinner2Dined on 2/22/2014I found La Tee Da on Urban Spoon and was excited that I was able to make a reservation on line for that evening for a larger group of people. I was very excited that they could accommodate us. I was impressed with both the food and the service their risotto was very flavorful and the eggplant appetizer was light but flavorful. Everyone else I was with really enjoyed their meal as well. My only two complaints were the fact that they didn't serve liquor and it was a bit dark and smaller than I expected, it felt a bit crowded in the small space. Overall our experience was great. I would recommend it to friends and I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and intimateKdGADined on 2/20/2014The restaurant has only a few tables and is very intimate and romantic. Wonderful for a couple, should make reservations first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!BuffaloFoodieDined on 2/15/2014We have dined here twice now. Once in summer when we were able to sit on the outdoor patio, and most recently inside. Both experiences were fabulous. Excellent food. Great service. Prices are excellent for the quality of food you get. And $15 bottles of wine. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014Service was efficient, friendly and well timed. Food was very good. We have been there several times and will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service,OK foodgoodeaterDined on 2/15/2014There was a lot of pasta on the menu. I was hoping for a meat & vegetable entrée,but there was not much available. I ordered a sausage dish which was quite good. My husband ordered beef burgundy, but the beef was tough and very dry. The wine was excellent and the $15/bottle price a good deal. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayRyanMcQDined on 2/14/2014Great Spot for valentine's day dinner and always unbelievable food, beer, service and art.Special Features:
- greatallidoiseatDined on 2/14/2014food and service both great, i would definitely recommend to anyone i know. thanks!Special Features:
- Disappointed dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014we had a gift certificate so we went to La Tee Da on a Saturday evening. big mistake. it was extremely claustrophobic, exceedingly loud, generally uncomfortable. the food was mediocre at best. my husband and daughter each had the filet special, which was anything but special......no flavor whatsoever, and a pretty tiny portion for the price. The crab and artichoke appetizer tasted more like tuna..very odd. having to wait well over an hour between apps and entrees was just ridiculous. Service was disinterested. Beverage refills were not even offered. I think this restaurant needs to refocus on its product rather than its so-called "scene." There are too many excellent restaurants in buffalo to waste time and money on sub par dining.
- Consistently FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I have been enjoying going to La Tee Da for years now. I have always loved everything about the place. From the ambience, to the food to the service; they are consistently fabulous. I have celebrated anniversaries, special times with friends & romantic dinners here with my husband. They are a family run restaurant and it makes all the difference. You always feel welcome & your business is appreciated. It really is one of my most favorite places to visit. I highly recommend a visit. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.