La Tavola - Baltimore
248 Albemarle Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.la-tavola.com/
- Phone: 4106851859x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Dinner Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 10:30pm, , Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30pm (Dinner Menu all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo Vignotto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquet space available: Virtual tour link http://tours.digispin.com/?sid=51893&tid=24173
Banquet menu Link http://www.la-tavola.com/banquets.php
- Private Party Facilities: With two second level private dining rooms, La Tavola offers an exclusive setting for groups of 20 – 140 people. The rooms are elegant and well suited for any occasion -sophisticated or casual, social or business and can be arranged to compliment your theme or ideas.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Goldsmith 4106851859x
- Special Events: Valentine's Day - We are only offering our prix fixe menus on this day. Guests can choose either from our $38 prix fixe menu or our $48 prix fixe menu.
Half Priced Wine Wednesdays
Every Wednesday Evening enjoy half bottles of wine up to $75 on our list
A word from La Tavola - Baltimore
La Tavola, nestled in the heart of Baltimore’s famous Little Italy district, offers guests the finest in contemporary Italian cuisine set in an elegant, yet understated dining area. The aromas of freshly baked focaccia, garlic, oregano and seafood from the market waft from the kitchen where Chef Carlo Vignotto blends his classical training and innovative style to create memorable soups, delicious seafood, chicken, pasta and veal dishes as well as sinfully decadent desserts. And, every day Chef Carlo prepares delightful specials made with only the finest ingredients and spices of the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tavola - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (31)romantic (27)good for groups (23)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Absolutely Awesome!cathDined on 10/18/2014Six of us had dinner here after a show at the Hippodrome. We had eaten here last year as well. We were not disappointed. Everything was perfect from the before dinner drinks at the bar, the appetizers, the entree, the dessert EVERYTHING PERFECT!!!! The service was impeccable!! Lucy was our waitress and was the best!! I would highly recommend this restaurant, I can't say one negative thing.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We ate here on a Friday and it was very busy. We had reservations but still had to wait. They have a nice bar and the bartender was great; she suggested some great wines and made the waiting fun. The food was great as was the service. Well worth the wait.Special Features:
- One of the 2 best Italian in Balto!DavidMan212VIPDined on 10/17/2014After having moved from NYC, and as a certified Italian, I can say I've tried many restaurants in Baltimore and the authenticity, freshness, and homemade taste of La Tavola beats 98% of all other Italian restaurants .... hands down. Their fresh pasta rivals my own (and my grandmother's). I went here before moving back to NYC, but it will be a place to return when I am in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LucyDined on 10/17/2014Overall experience was very good, My meal was fantastic, consider having more offers that are gluten free.... a member of the party has allergies and only one entree could accommodate her. Also considering adding a salad entree for those that health conscious and do not have my love of pasta.Special Features:
- Friendly attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014Antipasta and calamari were both great as recommended by our waiter. Gnocchi was very good and the staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Each pasta dish had far too much sauce. The sauces were heavy and lacking in nuance or delicacy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014La Tavola is one of the better restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy; showing at least a bit more imagination in its menu than that offered by most of its neighbors. The wine list was well chosen; the food was good, but nothing more. The kitchen, in my opinion, needs to be a bit less shy with the way it seasons dishes; they tend to be a bit on the bland side. Even just a little salt would have perked things up. Still, worth trying if you're in the area and hungry.Special Features:
- DisappointingDCdinerVIPDined on 10/5/2014The salad dressing was the highpoint of the meal. The veal with goat cheese was tasty but the portions were minute; certainly not what you expect from an Italian restaurant, particularly when the decor was family style at best. The restaurant was quiet so it was easy to converse, but that was probably because it was 2/3 empty. I would not recommend.
- Our Favorite in Little ItalySallyAnnVIPDined on 10/5/2014We come here often. It is dependably good food, nice ambiance, and very good service. I have liked all of the pastas I have tried. The menu is varied and interesting.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014this was a wonderful place!! the food was delicious and plentiful, and the service was out of this world !! thank you!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentLocaldinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014La TaVola has quickly become my favorite go-to Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, the wait staff attentive and knowledgeable, and the food always a crowd pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBrunchmeisterDined on 9/28/2014The dishes are beautifully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service lackingMDontheroadDined on 9/27/2014Picked this one based on Open Table revews..which being honest were mixed..2 positives and 2 stating poor service..these reviews were all within a few days of each other...It seemed that the regulars got more attention than the rest of us...the place is not big, so waiting for the glass of wine to go with my dinner should not take so long that my entre was nearly finished!When we asked for some bread we were told that we dont get bread til the order is placed as it will create a "ticket" in the kitchen!!?? Food was good however.Special Features:
- Good, but limited menuHarvVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went to La Tavola for dinner and enjoyed it thoroughly. My corvina in white wine sauce was superb. My wife had veal that was tasty, though a little tough. We were disappointed in the limited menu that featured primarily fish and seafood. There were a couple of chicken dishes, only one veal dish. To be fair, the waiter offered to prepare veal in any of the featured sauces. We were also disappointed that no pasta came with the entrees. While the accompanying vegetables were excellent, the mashed potatoes and cauliflower was tasteless. We also enjoyed the appetizers of mozzarella and tomatoes and flash fried calimmari and polenta. All in all i was a good to very good meal, not excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 9/27/2014Great specials. Super friendly atmosphere. Another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Staff & Quality FoodVAfoodguyDined on 9/20/2014Lots of choices in Little Italy, glad we went with La Tavola. Comfortable environment, not too loud. Friendly staff that knew the menu. Excellent food. Pasta made on site. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- Great service and homemade pasta!JakinsDined on 9/19/2014We had great service! The manager was very accommodating and our waiter was terrific. The homemade pasta was to die for! Def going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okEatalotVIPDined on 9/18/2014We went to this restauarant based on reviews on various sites. I have lived in Bmore forever and had never been here. The food was ok but the prices were high for the portion sizes and we sat outside and the service was terrible. I asked for parmesan cheese when my pasta came (I shouldn't have had to even ask!) and it took 3 more asks and 15 minutes to actually receive it!
- Needed better servicesailorgirlDined on 9/18/2014Food was great but service was lacking. Bread came out with no butter or olive oil, and we had to ask twice to get some. Food came out quickly but we asked for a 2nd glass of wine and that took forever. While food was delicious, there are plenty of other Italian restaurants just as good food and price-wise with better service. Won't go back anytime soon.
- Dined on 09/12/14NinoDined on 9/12/2014I would recommend La Tavola without reservation. Everything was great ! When we come back to Baltimore we are definitely going there . Bravo, La Tavola !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu disconnectanonymousDined on 9/12/2014Expected menu that was on website; menu offered was special menu so dishes we expected to get were not offered. Others liked their dishes very much.
- LaTavola-BaltimoreMikec42Dined on 9/8/2014This restaurant is a real gem. From the moment you walk in until you leave the service and ambiance is terrific, not to mention the food was outstanding. We had a question on whether a particular bottle of wine would go with the dishes we wanted to order and the sever suggested two different wines served by the glass instead. They were both excellent matches and we also saved some money. The atmosphere is relaxed and service was just at the right pace, not hurried but not slow. The meals were delicious, the homemade noodles were perfectly cooked and the Italian sauces were some of the best we have had (and we have spent time in Italy). We will go back to Baltimore just to go here again.Special Features:
- Loved it!ladymochaDined on 9/5/2014First time visiting. The food was amazing, the service was excellent. I really enjoyed myself at this restaurant. Lived in Baltimore for years never knew this place existed! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real dealdiningpleasureDined on 8/31/2014Looking for an evening with value for the dollars spent -- look no further. From the anti-pasta to the dessert everything is truly authentic Italian food. We had a hard time choosing which meal we wanted to order and in the end we had a lamb and a seafood entree, now we can't wait to go back and enjoy another meal, but it will be hard not to reorder the same meal. Save room for dessert which are ample in size for two. The service was outstanding as the entire staff was kind, informative and attentive. Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/20142nd time to this restaurant, both times the food was very good. Homemade pasta delicious. This second trip, our young waiter, was not good at all. He had to return to find out what 1 member of our party ordered, he neglected to bring more bread with the meal as requested, he brought the wrong second beer for 2 other members of our party and proceeded to add it to the beer in their glass and he was completely inattentive. Disappointing after my first time here was so good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just averageWeLikeToEatOutDined on 8/31/2014What I would consider a $12 pasta dish arrived at my table for $21. The Ribeye was boring and unimpressive. The seafood stew was pretty good.
- Wonderful! Never Disappointed!CrescentfolkVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been to La Tavola many times over the past 5 years, and have never been disappointed! The cuisine this past weekend, as usual, was delicious and artistic. The service was excellent. The acoustics are such that the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. We continue to recommend LaTavola highly and look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Arrived to Baltimore's little Italy after a 6 hour drive and it was a perfect place to start our weekend. Great wine list, perfect pasta dishes and was kid friendly being that our 7 & 10 year old was with us. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 star not 4MarshmallowDined on 8/23/2014Food was tasteless and over priced. Waiter served by passing to one person right in front of another by 8 pm place was dead
- Walk past this restaurantMangioDined on 8/23/2014I can't believe this restaurant has received such good reviews. The food was some of the worst I have eaten. I ordered the Osso Bucco and it was so tough that I almost could not eat it. The risotto was soupy and tasteless. My husband's chicken was fair but when he asked for aside of pasta they charged $9 for a cup's worth of linguini. If you are going to charge that your product should stand up to it. The service was actually good but could not compensate for the food. We did not even tell the owner our issues because even if he offered me a lifetime of free meals I would not go back. We should have left when we walked in on a Saturday night and there were empty tables but the reviews had been so good we stayed.
- Impeccible!CrabCakeLoverVIPDined on 8/21/2014I cannot rave enough about the creative, fresh and outstanding quality of the food at La Tavola in Little Italy! The fresh in-house made pasta was wonderful. the seafood was so tender and flavorful and cooked to perfection. Our server, Lucy, did an outstanding job with not only describing the menu items but also answering our specific questions. She was very personable, professional and knowledgable--perfect. We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:
- I probably won't go back...SailingfreeDined on 8/15/2014We started with the Fritto Misto. I was unimpressed. Although the calamari was perfectly cooked as was the vegg the breading on the Calamari was flavorless, and the marinara sauce was surprising. It had a nice heat but you could still taste the acidity of the tomatos which made me think "tomato paste" while I was eating it. Perhaps a bit more garlic, sugar, and oregano and we'd have a winner. I ordered the Lasagna Bolognese. The homemade pasta was great but the meat and sauce was again, flavorless. I am a fan of simple seasoning but that was all I could taste. Meat and pasta; the sauce was the same marinara so over all I'd give the lasagna a 3, on a scale of 1-5. Not bad but not mind blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple ItalianVeggiefoodieDined on 8/9/2014Went to La Tavola on a Saturday evening- we were seated quickly and the our meals came out very quickly. The pasta dishes are pretty good and you can tell that they are freshly made. If you are looking for simple Italian- La Tavola is the way to go.
- Good service but uninspired food.BobboDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had two pasta dishes -- a vegetable dish and bolognese and they were okay, but nothing to boast about. Other places in Little Italy offer more taste and in similar dishes. Service was good, though, by a waiter that had a lot more character than the food.
- delicious and enjoyabledoggonehoundsDined on 8/9/2014Our group of 5 had a fantastic time. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The staff was friendly and personable. The desserts were sensational! This place is a tough act to follow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findluv2dineDined on 8/3/2014Everything was so good and fresh. Lasagna and the black spaghetti with crab were awesome. Not too heavy which I really liked and you should try the cheesecake with blueberry on top. So fluffy and delightful with chocolate chips inside and shavings on top!! I really liked the waitress Megan as well.
- Special ItalianValerieDined on 8/2/2014We loved it! The menu is interesting and different each time we go. The chef knows what he's doing. The portions are right! Not overwhelming but absolutely adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicediningforpleasureDined on 8/2/2014Totally pleased with La Tavola. Food was fresh and cooked to perfection. Dessert was outstanding- best canolis beautifully presented- house made-like home. Nice ambience and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a great mealBritDined on 8/1/2014Resturant week is always 50/50 re quality but La Travola did a nice job. I highly recommend the barramoni in parchment and the cheese cake was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place!CatwomanDined on 7/26/2014The food was out of this world: the calamari/shrimp appetizer was wonderful and so was the black spaghetti with crabmeat! The only thing that could have been better was the server! He didn't speak clearly and didn't tell us about to nightly specials! Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.