La Tavola Trattoria
992 Virginia Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 4048735430
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY BRUNCH, 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brent Banda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Tavola is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events & Catering. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyout - 100 people
Patio - 40 people
- Private Party Contact: Allison White 6783023205
- Special Events: Molto Monday - Every Monday choose one of four special pastas for $10.
Lasagna Sunday - Every Sunday is Traditional Lasagna Bolognese for $10.
A word from La Tavola Trattoria
"Best Italian" - The Sunday Paper's 2007 Reader's Choice Awards. "Top 50 Restaurant" & "3-Stars" - Atlanta Journal-Constitution Exposed brick, dark wood floors & rustic colors give La Tavola its authentic trattoria feel, while progressive touches hint at its innovative cuisine. The food is simple yet creative, elegant & certainly delicious - the kind of food you could eat every day or turn into a celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Tavola Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
La Tavola Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (173)fit for foodies (148)special occasion (102)romantic (99)notable wine list (89)great for outdoor dining (65)great for brunch (38)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (16)late-night find (10)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was there with my family for a birthday celebration. Our original table was not what I wanted so we asked to be seated elsewhere. The manager and staff were very accommodating and quickly seated us in a booth, and we had a very good time! The food was fantastic! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Our server, Paige, made our dining experience excellent. She was attentive and made sure our order came out the way we wanted. The food was full of flavor and the staff all worked together to make it a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great EveningDewdropDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful evening and perfect place to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday! Tony was a great server and made the occasion special. the food was delish and the wine was great. This is a great local spot...you don't need to have a celebration to go and if we lived closer it would be our go-to local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014We were in town for a visit with my parents and to celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary. We were able to treat them to such a special dinner at La Tavola. The food was amazing and we had great service. Very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent and delicious!Bb2nicoldDined on 10/11/2014I have been a regular customer for well over 10 years! One of the only restaurants in Atlanta that is always consistent and a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great FindNewATLFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Amazing atmosphere and amazing food. Our main waiter was rude, but the rest of the service was superb. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing as always!!!LovegreatfoodDined on 10/9/2014The ambiance, food and service was amazing as always. Definitely one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The fall menu is not to be matched, you absolutely have to try the pumpkin tortellini.Special Features:
- Give Molto Mondays a trymidtownerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Only $10 for one of four offered pasta dishes is hard to beat. The cacio and pepe pasta is so simple and a particular favorite of mine but our table tried all of them and we were all happy. We felt as if we were in Italy. We had 2 children in tow and our server was amazing. His suggestions were excellent and his patience noteworthy. Usually don't order a dessert when we go out to dinner but it would be tragic to leave La Tavola without a bite of the incredible flourless chocolate cake with a touch of sea salt. And it is guaranteed you will not stop at one bite. Oh my!!!Special Features:
- Always AppealingResourceQueenDined on 10/5/2014Everytime I return to La Tavola, I ask myself why I'm not there every week!Special Features:
- Old favemikeVIPDined on 10/4/2014You know the meal will be just right. The service the same. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OptionOCASADined on 9/30/2014I think it is a good option for lunch or dinner. The only suggestion could be that they have more options on the menu. For the pasta side of it, it is almost the same.Special Features:
- Never fails!FoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014Amazing for brunch, just like for dinner. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Consistently great food and serviceOD2005Dined on 9/27/2014We have lived in Atlanta since 2001 and we cannot say how many times we have dined at La Tavola. The food is authentic and the menu always has our main favorites. We have had Madeline as our server several times and she is absolutely fantastic! In fact, we would request her every time if we could. The service is outstanding and the ambience is great. While we still like to try new things every once in a while, we now we can always go back and count on La Tavola. We would recommend them to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014We sat out on the patio (the noise level is much higher inside) and had a wonderful meal. One of the best meals I have had in a long while. We'll be back.Special Features:
- good timemikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wife's b'day. She said that the lasagna here is her fav. well worth the drive from sandy springs.Special Features:
- Great FindLiveintheBranchDined on 9/20/2014My wife and thought we would try something different and we're glad we did. A place we will visit again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifth Group Does it again!!SoBeconciergeVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time at this small Italian Eatery! The service was nice and drinks were amazing!! We arrived a little late and the restaurant was still accommodating with our dining. The food was a little salty but everything else was on point. They had plenty of options on the menu as well.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014La Tavola is great for date night or a nice dinner alone. The food is delicious and service is great. I'd go again.Special Features:
- CONSISTENELY DELICIOUSLUV2DINEDined on 9/19/2014THIS IS A LITTLE GEM NEIGHBORHOOD ITALIAN RESTAURANT THAT NEVER DISAPPOINTS. THE FOOD IS CONSISTENT EVERYTIME AND THE WINE CHOICES ARE NUMEROUS AND TERRIFIC! THE WAIT STAFF IS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND FRIENDLY. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR UPSCALE HOMEMADE ITALIAN THAN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU. THE PASTA IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in AtlantatrfinediningDined on 9/14/2014We have been there many times and are always pleased with the food and service. Pasta entrees are all good but this time I had the veal and really enjoyed it. Make sure you reserve well ahead of time and tell them if it is a special occasion.Special Features:
- Highlands GemTeajayDined on 9/14/2014This was our first time there and we were very pleased. We sat on the deck in the back which we didn't know was there. Reminded us of bing in Europe. Service was perfect as well as the food. We were debating btw a couple of different entree's and our server was very helpful for us in deciding. We did the same for dessert and we told him to choose and he hit it out of the park. He pared it with the wine we were drinking with dinner. Perfect Definitely going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service - Great!macattackDined on 9/13/2014We are new to the neighborhood and was able to utilize a coupon I received in the mail on a Saturday night! Food was delicious and customer service was impeccable.
- La Tavola is on our "anytime" list.jmacDined on 9/13/2014La Tavola has a very cosmopolitan feel in a small, cozy neighborhood restaurant. The food is creative, fresh, with seasonal ingredients, yet doesn't break the bank nor put it on your "special occasion only" list. Service is exceptional- very professional yet warm.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014La Tavola remains my favorite restaurant for the outstanding food, service and value it offers. This evening we chose the pasta special which had roasted squash and chanterelle mushrooms and was delicious, as every pasta dish here has been. Their fish specials are always good as well and we both thought this one was among the best we've had anywhere. It was amberjack over roasted corn and faro in a sauce with flavors that were wonderful and an aroma that delighted from the moment the dish was placed on the table. We finished with the flourless chocolate cake (our favorite dessert) and vanilla semifreddo - a decadent delight! Service was terrific, and every member of staff was friendly and helpful - working together to please patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014Exceptional as always. We bring all of our family and out of town guests whenever we have someone special in town. This place is easily our favorite in town and will remain so. Nothing better to be eaten in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodBfarr530VIPDined on 9/7/2014First time for brunch and I was really pleased. A large amount of dishes on the menu to choose from which was great if you were in a breakfast type food mood or more of a pasta lunch type mood. Something for everyone's taste and it all tasted excellent. Give it a try.Special Features:
- My favoritefifthgroupjunkie1VIPDined on 9/5/2014La Tavola is a perfect blend of excellent creative cuisine, great team (Servers, Chef, management , bartender), and neighborhood feel. The chef there is the best ever. He is personable, pleasant, creative, and engaging. I do believe La Tavola gets better with age! 15+ years I think, and the vibe and creativity is as if it just had a perfect opening season!Special Features:
- Absolute find!BethyZVIPDined on 9/4/2014One of the best meals I've had in Atlanta! Delicious food and outstanding service! I had the calamari with cauliflower to start. This dish was amazing. Perfectly cooked & seasoned. For my main course I went with the evenings special of Red snapper over a Farro preparation. Absolutely delicious! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonjoebobDined on 9/4/2014Party of six and all were very pleased with the food. Very tight accommodations for a group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XerxesVIPDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful food! Great service! The food here is as good as any in the city.Special Features:
- great all aroundseriousVIPDined on 9/1/2014Our server, Tony, helped make this a memorable evening, for my husband's birthday. Thanks Tony and La Tovala.Special Features:
- very pleasantmikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I enjoy the familiarity of this place. The wait staff have been there for a long time. The meals uphold a consistency we enjoy. My wife usually drifts toward the lasagna. A small take home box insures a good lunch. The manager always says hello: "Is there anything he can do?". Love the porch-even in the winter. Looking forward to next time already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pasta!BowhitesidesDined on 8/31/2014Went to La Tavlola the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, and it was quite crowded and we were happy to have our reservation. We split a salad, two pasta entrees, and a vegetable side, which was a good amount of food. The Mushroom ragu and the ricotta gnocchi and both were amazing- I'd highly recommend both! And our server was super helpful with wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not memorableRobundleDined on 8/30/2014We had dinner with friends. The ambiance is nice. It's a quaint neighborhood restaurant. On the downside, our server annoyed me because she insisted on pouring the wine remaining in the bottle to the guests even though we told her we wanted to pour it ourselves so that everyone had an equal amount. She basically filled up two glasses and left the other two guests (who just happened to drink a little bit more slowly) without a second glass of wine. I had a type of ravioli with squash and ricotta cheese that was the tiniest portion I've ever had in an Italian restaurant. I also asked the server if it was a heavy dish and she said no, but guess what, it was floating in a dense cream or butter sauce. Yuck. The wine was overpriced too.
- Always constantly awesome!Bb2nicoldDined on 8/29/2014Been going to La Tavola as long as I can remember and it's always a fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good MealTcairlDined on 8/26/2014One of the best menus - in that 1. it doesn't change too rapidly over time and 2. everything on it is crafted and cooked nicely Their specials are the way to go for any regular visitors.Special Features:
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Every meal I've ever had here has been delicious - and it's once of my favorite restaurants so I've been here a lot. This time we had the pasta special and the zuppa de pesce and, of course, the decadent flourless chocolate cake, which is not to be missed if you like chocolate! Service is always consistently good, another reason this place is always packed. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was absolutely disappointing. This is one of our favorite Italian dinner places, but their Sunday brunch seemed like nothing but an afterthought. Entree selections were limited and unimaginative. The pasta carryovers from the dinner menu were clearly just the easiest ones to reproduce and our server was unfriendly and pushy. The upsides of our meal were, as always, the patio dining and the excellent wine list. Overall, go for dinner but skip brunch.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We loved it! Grilled calamari appetizer and lasagna were awesome. Will definitely be back. Love Fifth Group restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.