La Tavola Trattoria
992 Virginia Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: (404) 873-5430
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY BRUNCH, 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brent Banda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Tavola is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events & Catering. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyout - 100 people
Patio - 40 people
- Private Party Contact: Allison White 6783023205
- Special Events: Molto Monday - Every Monday choose one of four special pastas for $10.
Lasagna Sunday - Every Sunday is Traditional Lasagna Bolognese for $10.
A word from La Tavola Trattoria
"Best Italian" - The Sunday Paper's 2007 Reader's Choice Awards. "Top 50 Restaurant" & "3-Stars" - Atlanta Journal-Constitution Exposed brick, dark wood floors & rustic colors give La Tavola its authentic trattoria feel, while progressive touches hint at its innovative cuisine. The food is simple yet creative, elegant & certainly delicious - the kind of food you could eat every day or turn into a celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Tavola Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
La Tavola Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (176)fit for foodies (162)romantic (106)special occasion (102)notable wine list (86)great for outdoor dining (62)hot spot (43)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (18)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- La Tavola never fails to impress!hdawg2001VIPDined on 11/22/2014As one of our favorite Atlanta restaurants, La Tavola always lives up to, or exceeds expectations. Once again, our experience could not have been better. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great SpottooexpensiveVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is definitely a neighborhood favorite - and we commute from Vinings to enjoy. The food was tremendous; fresh, flavorful, and plentiful. The place is somewhat small and thus is intimate - great for a romantic dinner. Service was just terrific; Paige was our server and was an absolutely delight. The pace of everything was just perfectly timed. Basically, this is a special place that doesn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysTrannyDined on 11/21/2014The hanger steak is delicious, and the spaghetti amazing as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBunnDined on 11/20/2014we really enjoyed everything but loved that the calamari was grilled as opposed to fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night!AbhiDined on 11/17/2014Monday nights are $10 pasta nights and the menu often revolves. All pastas are homemade. Also, get the lamb belly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyDined on 11/15/2014We had a great first experience! The food was interesting yet not 'weird' and tasted fabulous! Our server was very helpful, welcoming and available. It is a very warm and welcoming venue; though the noise level is a bit extreme. Overall, a great find and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening OutElderTodeDined on 11/15/2014On a date with a lovely lady we picked this restaurant based on reviews and the vibe of the area. We had excellent service. Through some discussions with our waitress we picked an excellent wine to compliment our evening. My only wish is that I had more room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in AtlantaForrillfoodieDined on 11/14/2014The food, wine, ambience and service ere first class but our server Jeff was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnocchi to die for!debtexasVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was my first visit to La Tavola. The experience was exceptional from start to finish. he ambiance was relaxing and the jazz was wonderful. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and made great wine pairing suggestions. I couldn't decide on a main or a pasta so I happily had an appetizer serving of the chestnut gnocchi. which, btw, melted in my mouth! I could have had the entire plate. My rabbit was wonderful as well although I'm afraid after the charcuterie and gnocchi, I had to box up some to take home. My only regret was that I had no room for the gelato. I will certainly dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Seated immediately (with reservation), excellent service by our waitress and hostess. Food (fish special) and pasta were fresh and delicious! La Tavola is an excellent choice!Special Features:
- Pumpkin RavioliWhateverDined on 11/5/2014I enjoyed the pumpkin ravioli but I really do crave the spaghetti and meatballs. Found out on this visit that you can get a SIDE of meatballs! This will help me try other things on the menu if I know I can still have a meatball on the side.Special Features:
- Love this place.SonaliDined on 11/2/2014We've been here a few times for dinner, but this was the first time we tried their brunch menu, and it was fantastic! Not the usual brunch fare, but more hearty, with the choices including pasta. We got the steak, polenta and eggs, and the rabbit sausage and eggs. Both were really good, though the rabbit was outstanding. Their brunch drinks are super strong too. Great service as always. Whole heartedly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!weepelDined on 11/1/2014By far the best Italian I've had in the metro Atlanta area. A great mix of traditional italian fare with local ingredients, every item we ordered exceeded expectations. Definitely will be back, highly recommended!Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperienceNYStanVIPDined on 11/1/2014From service to food prep and presentation, La Tavola never disappoints. This is our #1 go to restaurant in Atlanta. The wine list is great, the bread fantastic with the entre quality and flavor outstanding. Another great experience.Special Features:
- rogerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Newly arrived Executive Chef Justin Jordan has brought the same magic to La Tavola that he did to Ecco. While the menu has been freshened, it retains the high quality and scrupulous care of preparation that has characterized La Tavola since its beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice small placedgm995Dined on 11/1/2014The food was well prepared if not spectacular. Service friendly. I loved the feel of the dining room.Special Features:
- Consistently greatMelbVIPDined on 10/29/2014La Tavola is consistently delicious. I never have to worry about them having a "bad night". For the first 10 or so times I was there, I always got the Salumi Board for an appetizer and the Mushroom Ragu Tagliolini for my main course. This most recent time I tried instead the Squid Ink linguini (squid ink something, I don't really remember). Totally awesome. I think even better than the Mushroom Ragu. Basically if you're having a night when you don't want to have to worry about rolling the dice if you'll have a good meal, La Tavola is perfect.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLizaDined on 10/28/2014A friend and I had dinner at La Tavola recently. We sat outside and enjoyed the great weather and scenery from other outdoor dining venues. The service was impeccable, the food prepared well, and we left feeling satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- First timers!OnthetownDined on 10/27/2014It was our first time at this restaurant. The print on the wine list was so small that three out of four at the table could not read it. Out of the first two selections none were available. After very nice aps three people ordered pasta dishes and one had a veal dish. The pasta was well received and the veal dish must have been sitting under the heat lamp waiting for the pasta to be ready. While the veal was a little dried out the flavors were first rate and would be tried again. The tables just in front of the kitchen give the feeling of sitting at a table in a busy train station at rush hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gem is appropriate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014one of my favorite restaurants....over and over and over again, hands down. service is impeccable, food is always different and outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in AtlantaRestaurantExpertDined on 10/25/2014This is a restaurant that my sister and I were recommended by one of the local residents in the Virginia Highlands area of Atlanta. The restaurant was very accommodating since my guest arrived an hour late for the reservation. We had the rabbit, lasagna and zuppa de pesce and all the entrees were good. The desserts were good bit the canola was more Atlanta cuisine than Italian. The canoli shell was fried like most foods in the south but was not bad. Good restaurant with pretty good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitorHomebodyDined on 10/25/2014The food was fabulous and specialty drinks divine. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. It was lovely to sit outside and enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaydoctottDined on 10/18/2014I was there with my family for a birthday celebration. Our original table was not what I wanted so we asked to be seated elsewhere. The manager and staff were very accommodating and quickly seated us in a booth, and we had a very good time! The food was fantastic! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Our server, Paige, made our dining experience excellent. She was attentive and made sure our order came out the way we wanted. The food was full of flavor and the staff all worked together to make it a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Love this place!DeliciousVIPDined on 10/18/2014La Tavola is our favorite restaurant, we absolutely love dinning here!! I always order the squid ink linguini (delicious!) and my husband usually orders the wild boar gnocchi (yum) or tries one of the specials for the evening. This place never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDewdropDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful evening and perfect place to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday! Tony was a great server and made the occasion special. the food was delish and the wine was great. This is a great local spot...you don't need to have a celebration to go and if we lived closer it would be our go-to local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014We were in town for a visit with my parents and to celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary. We were able to treat them to such a special dinner at La Tavola. The food was amazing and we had great service. Very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent and delicious!Bb2nicoldDined on 10/11/2014I have been a regular customer for well over 10 years! One of the only restaurants in Atlanta that is always consistent and a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great FindNewATLFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Amazing atmosphere and amazing food. Our main waiter was rude, but the rest of the service was superb. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing as always!!!LovegreatfoodDined on 10/9/2014The ambiance, food and service was amazing as always. Definitely one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The fall menu is not to be matched, you absolutely have to try the pumpkin tortellini.Special Features:
- Give Molto Mondays a trymidtownerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Only $10 for one of four offered pasta dishes is hard to beat. The cacio and pepe pasta is so simple and a particular favorite of mine but our table tried all of them and we were all happy. We felt as if we were in Italy. We had 2 children in tow and our server was amazing. His suggestions were excellent and his patience noteworthy. Usually don't order a dessert when we go out to dinner but it would be tragic to leave La Tavola without a bite of the incredible flourless chocolate cake with a touch of sea salt. And it is guaranteed you will not stop at one bite. Oh my!!!Special Features:
- Always AppealingResourceQueenDined on 10/5/2014Everytime I return to La Tavola, I ask myself why I'm not there every week!Special Features:
- Old favemikeVIPDined on 10/4/2014You know the meal will be just right. The service the same. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OptionOCASADined on 9/30/2014I think it is a good option for lunch or dinner. The only suggestion could be that they have more options on the menu. For the pasta side of it, it is almost the same.Special Features:
- Never fails!FoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014Amazing for brunch, just like for dinner. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Consistently great food and serviceOD2005Dined on 9/27/2014We have lived in Atlanta since 2001 and we cannot say how many times we have dined at La Tavola. The food is authentic and the menu always has our main favorites. We have had Madeline as our server several times and she is absolutely fantastic! In fact, we would request her every time if we could. The service is outstanding and the ambience is great. While we still like to try new things every once in a while, we now we can always go back and count on La Tavola. We would recommend them to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014We sat out on the patio (the noise level is much higher inside) and had a wonderful meal. One of the best meals I have had in a long while. We'll be back.Special Features:
- good timemikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wife's b'day. She said that the lasagna here is her fav. well worth the drive from sandy springs.Special Features:
- Great FindLiveintheBranchDined on 9/20/2014My wife and thought we would try something different and we're glad we did. A place we will visit again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.