La Tavola Trattoria
992 Virginia Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 4048735430
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY BRUNCH, 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brent Banda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Tavola is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events & Catering. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyout - 100 people
Patio - 40 people
- Private Party Contact: Allison White 6783023205
- Special Events: Molto Monday - Every Monday choose one of four special pastas for $10.
Lasagna Sunday - Every Sunday is Traditional Lasagna Bolognese for $10.
A word from La Tavola Trattoria
"Best Italian" - The Sunday Paper's 2007 Reader's Choice Awards. "Top 50 Restaurant" & "3-Stars" - Atlanta Journal-Constitution Exposed brick, dark wood floors & rustic colors give La Tavola its authentic trattoria feel, while progressive touches hint at its innovative cuisine. The food is simple yet creative, elegant & certainly delicious - the kind of food you could eat every day or turn into a celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Tavola Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
La Tavola Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (156)fit for foodies (135)romantic (95)special occasion (93)notable wine list (86)great for outdoor dining (66)great for brunch (50)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- OK but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We had dinner with friends. The ambiance is nice. It's a quaint neighborhood restaurant. On the downside, our server annoyed me because she insisted on pouring the wine remaining in the bottle to the guests even though we told her we wanted to pour it ourselves so that everyone had an equal amount. She basically filled up two glasses and left the other two guests (who just happened to drink a little bit more slowly) without a second glass of wine. I had a type of ravioli with squash and ricotta cheese that was the tiniest portion I've ever had in an Italian restaurant. I also asked the server if it was a heavy dish and she said no, but guess what, it was floating in a dense cream or butter sauce. Yuck. The wine was overpriced too.
- Always constantly awesome!Bb2nicoldDined on 8/29/2014Been going to La Tavola as long as I can remember and it's always a fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good MealTcairlDined on 8/26/2014One of the best menus - in that 1. it doesn't change too rapidly over time and 2. everything on it is crafted and cooked nicely Their specials are the way to go for any regular visitors.Special Features:
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Every meal I've ever had here has been delicious - and it's once of my favorite restaurants so I've been here a lot. This time we had the pasta special and the zuppa de pesce and, of course, the decadent flourless chocolate cake, which is not to be missed if you like chocolate! Service is always consistently good, another reason this place is always packed. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Brunch was absolutely disappointing. This is one of our favorite Italian dinner places, but their Sunday brunch seemed like nothing but an afterthought. Entree selections were limited and unimaginative. The pasta carryovers from the dinner menu were clearly just the easiest ones to reproduce and our server was unfriendly and pushy. The upsides of our meal were, as always, the patio dining and the excellent wine list. Overall, go for dinner but skip brunch.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We loved it! Grilled calamari appetizer and lasagna were awesome. Will definitely be back. Love Fifth Group restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food criticfoodcriticVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealtnanDined on 8/16/2014Megan our server was wonderful and knowledgable. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- La TavolaDZiegler64Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent. From the food, service, atmosphere everything was great. Will certainly return on our next visit to Atlanta.Special Features:
- ExceptionaleubanksladyDined on 8/10/2014They were having a Tomato Feast when we went (with a group of 5). It is a little crowded but we had such a good time that was not an issue. We tried the salmon, tuna, and goat appetizers. Our favorites were the tuna and the goat. Delicious! I had the cobia for dinner. It came on top of a squid and sauce combo. Absolutely mouth watering. Others at the table tried the rabbit (also good) and the pork chop. Everything was wonderful! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pastaJayonDined on 8/10/2014Love this place....it's a small menu and everything on it is great. Service is casual and welcoming. GO!Special Features:
- Great BrunchGrubyDined on 8/10/2014I had brunch here with a group of 4 on Sunday and it was a great experience overall. I had the fritata of the day which had tomato and parmasean. It was tasty although it came about a bit on the cold side. It was served with a tasty salad and potatoes. All was delicious. My niece had the rabbit sausage with polenta. I tried her dished and it was very tasty. The sausage is a bit spicy but delicious. Loved the atmosphere and the $5.00 Mimosas. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAmberDined on 8/9/2014Paige was amazing. She was knowedgeable and polite. The food was fanstastic and we will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We loved the food...outstanding. Our server was less than great...we waited 25 mi utes or more for our drinks...the bar was not that crowded. Did not love our table location...we were smashed up against the bar stools and we made reservations 10 days in advance. But as I said I loved the food and would come back....no question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato FeastakafrankDined on 8/7/2014This year's Tomato Feast was outstanding, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was our second visit to La Tavola Trattoria, and it was wonderful. We were welcomed by a friendly, cheerful staff. With tomatoes in season, the Chef is offering special dishes such as the Heirloom Salad and Crostata. A bit of heaven in these dishes. The monkfish was perfectly prepared. The bartender expertly made a perfect Negroni cocktail. Appreciate the casual and attractive decor and the open kitchen. The music, jazz and standards, is the perfect choice. Freddy, the server, exemplified excellence in customer service. He was friendly, cheerful, helpful and attentive. Whoever is choosing the staff for La Tavola does it well. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlamSlamVIPDined on 8/2/2014This visit was one of the best experiences that I've had there in a long time. We were seated immediately ( unlike the previous visit of nearly an hour). We had a great bottle of wine, meal was to die for. I'm there at the least a couple times a month. I'd go more often but I live I Woodstock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato FeastDemandaDined on 8/2/2014We had our first dinner at La Tavola for their tomato feast this summer, and it was really great. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFun4foodDined on 8/1/2014Love the creativity and artwork of Chef Brent Banda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato Feast SuperbDonaldAtlantaDined on 7/30/2014Highly recommend La Tavola. Always enjoy Tomato Feast and the exceptional seasonal menu. The monk fish was A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestfoodisfriendDined on 7/29/2014I have eaten here many, many times and have never been disappointed. The food is always delicious and the servers knowledgeable and attentive. Definitely one of my favorites in the city.Special Features:
- great date spotatlfoodandfunVIPDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I went to La Tavola because we had a fifth group gift card. We have been twice before, and had another great experience last night. The food was excellent and the service was great. We sprung for the salumi board with cheese (totally worth it) as an appetizer and I highly recommend it if you like charcuterie. Yum!Special Features:
- A+ ExperienceElizabethF1963Dined on 7/25/2014La Lavolala never disappoints - Always great food and service. Love the decor and vibe. One request is to add a light in the area between main dining room too outside patio and get rid of the dining chair separating boy/girl's bathroom. I stumbled into the chair and could have wiped out easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a cozy and welcoming place!foodie2VIPDined on 7/25/2014From the time we arrived, we felt welcomed by the staff. It is a small place, and I saw a few tables outside in the back as well. The food was excellent. I had the market fish which initially was underdone at first for my taste; however, I sent it back, and they were very apologetic. The second time around was perfect! My spouse had the Zuppa de Pesce - wow! Make reservations in order to make sure they have space for you. It is wonderful! Save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Wonderful-as always!SGPBVIPDined on 7/23/2014Went with 3 friends for my Birthday-La Tavola always has superior service from the greeting at the door, to the bar, to the servers and wait staff. Food is excellent...try the salumi board with cheese to start! I had the fish special of the day and it was superbly prepared. Drinks are expertly made and desserts also leave you very satisfied. One of my favorite places in the city.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureiopgalVIPDined on 7/22/2014I love this restaurant. It is always busy and cozy but the service and food are one of my favorites. Always consistent food and reliable staff. You just can't go wrong eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!Bb2nicoldDined on 7/20/2014I have been a happy customer of La Tavola for as long as I can remember. Small but comfortable room that is reminiscent of a New York style restaurant with some great jazz on. The service is always spectacular! This visit Jeff was our server. He has been there for 5 years and knows how to fully answer any question you may have regarding menu, specials or wine. As always, the food is divine! I normally get the same thing every visit because as soon as I make my reservation I start craving my beet salad & mushroom pasta! They changed the dessert menu a bit, so we tried the flourless chocolate cake, which was decadent, delicious & just the perfect way to end our meal. La Tavola is one of the few very consistent restaurants in this city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in the CityCasadeEstradaDined on 7/20/2014I would recommend, and I do recommend this restaurant to everyone. Great Food. Great ambiance. Great service. Best wine recommendations. It's worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Buggybug25Dined on 7/19/2014We felt like we were in the North End of Boston, from the coziness and ambiance to the amazing food. Our party of 4 shared the Salumi Board (with cheese) and Olives. The thin tasty meats and savory cheese paired well with the generous bowl of olives and the delicious bread with olive oil. Our waiter Randall helped us navigate the wine list and the bottle of Tre Donne did not disappoint. Two of us opted for the Saltimbocca which is one of the best I've had. Thin, tender veal topped with the same delicous prosciutto from the Salumi board. Yum. A drum fish special, cooked to perfection and the Zuppa Di Pesce with a broth that could be served as soup rounded out the entrees. DO NOT overeat as you will want to save room for dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent and memorable!LindsayDined on 7/17/2014This is an exceptional restaurant! I ate here several years ago and knew I would be back. The menu offers variety and I can honestly say some of the best food I have eaten! Spaghetti and meatballs may sound mundane, but not here! The olive oil cake is the best ever! I can't wait to come back again and will crave this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysMeravigliosoDined on 7/16/2014We can always count on this wonderful restaurant to provide a great dining experience. The food was consistently excellent and the service is very professional. We celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary here because it is one are most favorite restaurants in Atlanta. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 7/16/2014Good but not superb food. The burrata appetizer features good cheese, but it's paired with a couple of vegetables that give it an odd taste. The tortellini stuffed with ricotta and swiss chard was better than average, but the veal meatballs were simply excellent (they are extremely tender). The chocolate semifreddo was also top-notch. One interesting note: this restaurant is in the heart of the South and it features only bottled iced tea. It's a perfectly fine bottled iced tea, but I don't think I have ever encountered a restaurant in the South without brewed iced tea.
- Great food, great serviceATLdinerDined on 7/15/2014We started with the salumi board and olives. Perfect starter. Entrees were a great portion for a great price. Tiramisu dessert was phenomenal. Our server was attentive, friendly, and very enjoyable. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $10 MondaysAtlantaNewbieVIPDined on 7/14/2014The $10 Mondays are amazing. Great choices of pasta for a great price. I recommend the spaghetti carbonara- they only serve it Sunday and Monday. The servers are beyond friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemmidtownerVIPDined on 7/14/2014This neighborhood restaurant is great place for Italian food with an experienced and friendly staff who treat customers as family and provide efficient service. Always a treat to go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2014It was our first experience at Molto Monday, the special pasta night at La Tavola, so we had all pasta dishes, except for the lovely butter lettuce salad starter. My favorite is still the mushroom, which is on the regular menu, but we also enjoyed two of the specials, the pork sausage orecchiette and the eggplant tagliatelle. Flavors were unique and delicious as always! We had a great server, who explained all the dishes well and helped us in our selections. If you like chocolate, you must have the flourless chocolate cake - it is to die for!Special Features:
- A nice Italian mealYummyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our party of three went out Friday night for a nice Italian meal. This restaurant hit the spot. We started with the calamari, arugula and beet salad and gnocchi with duck. Then for our main courses, mushroom ragu pasta (yummy) , zuppa de pesce, and not sure of the other dish. All the portions were on the small side, but very well prepared. Husband scarfed down the cannoli before anyone had a chance to taste. The service was impeccable, we had a trainee and a regular waitress, so every whim was met. We will defineatly be back again. We even signed up for the restaurant groups rewards card.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencekatpamDined on 7/10/2014Everything was excellent, I just gave 4 stars because I reserved a table inside and they gave me one in the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBigtravelerVIPDined on 7/10/2014Never had a bad meal. Make reservations. It gets crowded so reservations are a must unless you don't mind waiting at the bar which is small.Special Features:
- Lovely!cherbrazDined on 7/9/2014We spent our 10th anniversary here and loved it! Thanks to our lovely waitress who help make our dinner so specia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.