La Tavola - Sayville
183 W. Main Street
Sayville, NY 11782Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola - Sayville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latavolasayville.com/
- Phone: 6317506900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeNicola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer an in house party menu that you can customize for 15- 100 people. In addition, we also cater outside events up to 500 people. Please visit our website www.latavolasayville.com to view our catering menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room is available for parties of 20 - 40 guests Sunday - Thursday for Lunch or Dinner. Friday & Saturday Lunch and Late Dinner. Options include buffet or sit down. For menu and pricing options please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday and Friday from 6 until 9 and Saturday 8 until 11.
A word from La Tavola - Sayville
A unique and relaxing dining experience located in the beautiful Sayville Village, highlighting Long Island and fine italian foods and wine. Rooted in traditional family recipes, we explore trends to create an enjoyable experience. La Tavola's staff and chef's will treat you to an "excellent" meal, as rated by Zagat!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tavola - Sayville reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (41)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (20)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (15)hot spot (13)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Tasty food/Decent priceGoodfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Seafood special plate came and had shrimp,clams, mussels,scallops but the main item that was advertised with it was lobster...I did not see or taste any thing in conjunction with lobster...It was all very good tasting though..I think they just forgot the lobster part ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SF foodie says A+ !!!LeoinSFVIPDined on 8/10/2014Lobster cocktail - yum! Whole chunks of fresh lobster. The baked clams were very delicious, and the beet salad was outstanding. The rigatoni pasta with veal meatballs was really terrific, and the crispy gnocchi was out of this world. Great selection of beers as well, though the wine list could use a little sprucing up. Overall fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeauFrankDined on 8/8/2014This was an ok experience. Last minute decision and one of the few restaurants available at 6:30 on a Friday night. Soup special was watery and overly spiced.Special Features:
- rosieVIPDined on 8/2/2014On the food most of it was very good , The fluke and shrimp was great as was the swordfish. My Linguine with clams was so-so but the pork chop was almost raw. I know the new thing is pink for pork but this was beyond pink. Usually the service is very good but this time it was terrible, The server gave everyone the wrong plates and then we had to shift the food around and the waitress did not come and check if we needed anything . It was not that busy so maybe new help? It's still not a bad place we will be back .Special Features:
- Consistently goodBeccaDined on 8/1/2014La Tavola is always great. Every aspect of their menu, drinks, appetizers, pizzas, main courses, and desserts always impress us.Special Features:
- Average to good, very slow serviceAJShoeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Appetizers were very good. However the food took a really long time to come out. The waitress was quite overwhelemed and service was slow and unattentive. I ordered pork Milanese and it came out as a thick unbreaded pork chop ? Milanese means breaded. When I inquired about why it was prepared unbreaded I was told that it was "dipped in a milanese sauce". Does that mean that they would offer grilled fried chicken as well. My wife ordered salmon for her main dish and it was cooked well and average in taste. No dish was special or great. The place did not impress our palate and lack of knowledge and excuses from staff was a bit off putting.Special Features:
- An Awesome Experience!cjm727Dined on 7/31/2014As always La Tavola is an awesome dining experience! The food is consistently delicious and well prepared. Attention to detail is the staffs number one concern.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceMECK81868VIPDined on 7/25/2014We've been to this restaurant for brunch and lunch and while the food is good and they can handle the less busy meal times fairly well, the level of service on a Friday or Saturday night is severely lacking. We came in on a Friday night, we didn't have an actual server - one of the wait staff told us that on busy nights they "pool together" and and any number of servers and/or bus people will work a number of tables. This method doesn't work, we were virtually ignored unless we grabbed whomever was running by. The hostess seated friends who came in without a reservation before customers who had reservations and they didn't check us in with Open Table. These are just a few of the reasons we feel that overall this place has gone downhill.
- A local favoritePatsyVIPDined on 7/10/2014I think that we have shown by our loyal patronage that La Tavola is one of our favorite restaurants in Sayville, and there are many fine places in our town to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, La Tavola was greatPatsyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This time, we ordered La Tavola's take on Eggs Benedict, called "Eggs Florentine" with prosciutto and spinach..just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barb22Dined on 7/3/2014Excellent food--- but very noisy. The bar crowd noise spill over into the dining area. Found we had to almost shout to be heard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more rave for La TavolaPatsyVIPDined on 7/3/2014It's obvious that this is a favorite restaurant of mine by the amount of times I've gone there recently. It's always a fine outing for me and my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fourth visit in two weeksPatsyVIPDined on 7/1/2014I've had nothing but great lunches and dinners at La Tavola with various companions. Indoors and outdoors, one can count on fine service and well-served food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A table in the shadePatsyVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a fine brunch outdoors, and ordered off the lunch menu, though the brunch was also available. The burgers were perfect and accompanied by excellent fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in a lovely gardenPatsyVIPDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant has it all, and this one brunch was not quite up to standard, but there was a big party for a bridal shower to be served at the same time, which could explain that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Salads were large enough to share. Had spinach with fried oysters. The salad was great the oysters need to be crisp and however. The fish special was great and also the scallops and flounder and shrimp entree's. The only dish now really great was the gnocchi with lobster was dry and very sweet . Over all it's a nice place with good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We're regulars here, and cannot speak highly enough. Service is great, and the food is always amazing.Special Features:
- YUM!ruthBDined on 6/14/2014We've been to La Tavola many times before and it is always an enjoyable meal. Our waitress, Alexandra, was knowledgeable and pleasant. Our food was amazing! We sat outside and had a delightful evening! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- First time visitorAlisonDined on 6/8/2014La tavola was recommended to me by a friend. We live 35min away & we definitely go back. Salads, appetizers, meals & desserts were great. We asked waitress for recommendations & she gave us a lot of suggestions. Beet salad was the best. Everyone all had different dishes & all were delicious. Chocolate mousse cake was big enough for 2 - it really was only choc mousse not cake which was why it was so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is worth the waitJessVIPDined on 6/8/2014Went for brunch with my husband and checked in with the hostess but somehow I got a no-show email. My husband opted for the unlimited screwdrivers but had to order then as soon as he got the one because they took so long. Food was great but you had to wait for it. Server was nice but I guess sitting outside we waited for some lovin'! Would still definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tavola is our go-to restaurantPatsyVIPDined on 6/8/2014we four women had a fine brunch at an outdoor umbrella table. Each enjoyed her selection, and all were perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Truly Fantastic!papadoughDined on 6/4/2014This place was recently recommended to us by a friend. I cannot believe we have never been. The food is amazing. The diver scallops dish I had was amazing. The whole experience was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HARD TO BEATjeffs1VIPDined on 6/1/2014WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS PLACE....THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY, THE FOOD EXCELLENT, AND THE AMBIANCE VERY NICE....ITS A PLACE THAT YOU CAN RETURN TO OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....Special Features:
- Great Seasonal MenuAdrianVIPDined on 6/1/2014The P.E.I. Mussels on the menu are outstanding, highly recommend them. Also enjoyed the scallops w/ shrimp and asparagus salsa.Special Features:
- Warm and friendlyNotmyfirstmealDined on 5/31/2014Food was delicious served by an attentive staff. I highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Great nightDavidVIPDined on 5/30/2014It was wonderfull going here have been many times always great meal had steak with lobster fantastic and wine list is very nice good choices. I will be back.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014I have always had a nice time here. Good lively crowd at the bar with good music. Staff is friendly and the food is good and up to date.Special Features:
- Some good, some bad.OgfoodieVIPDined on 5/26/2014Went to La Tavola to try something new. First let me say the veal meatballs appetizer was really great and the sauce they came in was delicious. Unfortunately, my meal was not so tasty. I tried the chicken parm with linguini. The linguini was perfectly cooked, and the sauce was a nice sweet mariara. The chicken, however, was not good. It was too thick for my liking (an inch or so thick), was very dense, and dry. I like my chicken parm chicken to be somewhat thin, tender, and nicely breaded. This was none of that. The seating inside and out was very nice, and the menu offerings all looked good. I will go back once more and have an open mind. I like to give second chances, and hope that this was just an off night.Special Features:
- love it heremkr0216VIPDined on 5/24/2014This was our 2nd weekend in a row at tavola. We love it here. The food is superb. Whoever is in the kitchen really knows what they are doing. The flavors are out of this world ! We will probably be back later this week with some friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NiteJopoDined on 5/21/2014Excellent evening with bountiful portions. Fixed price menu was worth the $Special Features:
- Always greatBeccaDined on 5/19/2014La tavola is consistently great. I don't think I've ever had a meal I didn't like. I look for fresh ingredients and great flavors, and their dishes always have both.Special Features:
- We will be backFoodloverDined on 5/10/2014Our waitress Alexander was terrific. Came back to make sure everything was okay multiple times. Also, the boys bussing the tables, again terrific. Food was great and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ConnieDined on 5/9/2014My husband and I had a great time at La Tavola, the food was delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- The best restaurant meal everPatsyVIPDined on 5/4/2014We spent our 52nd anniversary at La Tavola on the last night of Long Island's restaurant week, and the prix fixe offerings were innovative and spectacular. The chef came up with taste treats for each course. The service was attentive and professional. This is a rave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TavolafoodiesDined on 5/2/2014We have been here before. The food is excellent from the duck to the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 181 reviews are from the La Tavola - Sayville reviews archive.
- LovetoeathealthyDined on 4/29/2014Have enjoyed several delicious meals here and will continue to dine there.Special Features:
- imaginative, delicious fareStanBDined on 4/29/2014chef puts together delicious meals with uncommon finesse, at a very reasonable price. We'll surely be back to sample some of the other tempting menu items.Special Features:
- Love this placeChristineVIPDined on 4/24/2014It' an energetic bar, restaurant, and fun spot! Food is delicious!Special Features:
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014My husband and I frequent the other DeNicola restaurants in our area (Ruvo Port Jefferson and Del Fuego) and love them, but this was our first time at La Tavola. We would definitely recommend to others and go again! The food was everything we would have expected - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantlaxmom17Dined on 4/11/2014Very pleasant restaurant. Variety of food choices. Wanted to get there early to have a drink at the bar but our table was ready when we arrived. Watching people go into the bar, it looked like a young crowd...bar area was noisy but it's well separated from the dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.