La Tavola - Sayville
183 W. Main Street
Sayville, NY 11782Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola - Sayville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latavolasayville.com/
- Phone: (631) 750-6900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeNicola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer an in house party menu that you can customize for 15- 100 people. In addition, we also cater outside events up to 500 people. Please visit our website www.latavolasayville.com to view our catering menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room is available for parties of 20 - 40 guests Sunday - Thursday for Lunch or Dinner. Friday & Saturday Lunch and Late Dinner. Options include buffet or sit down. For menu and pricing options please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday and Friday from 6 until 9 and Saturday 8 until 11.
A word from La Tavola - Sayville
A unique and relaxing dining experience located in the beautiful Sayville Village, highlighting Long Island and fine italian foods and wine. Rooted in traditional family recipes, we explore trends to create an enjoyable experience. La Tavola's staff and chef's will treat you to an "excellent" meal, as rated by Zagat!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tavola - Sayville reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (15)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (11)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful seasonal menucmgparsonsVIPDined on 11/22/2014Almost every item on the menu is revised seasonally. A lot of local ingredients (for example, Peconic Bay scallops) are used. The present menu is so interesting, with different sides for each entree, that making a selection is difficult. I had the beet salad and the scallops, both of which were delicious. Our server was pleasant and attentive. A great local spot with a surprisingly large bar crowd too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoraVIPDined on 11/16/2014Awesome place and I don't think the fact that thy have an ever changing, seasonal menu is hyped up enough - this place is real gem for those of us who like to eat fresh and local!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodTeshDined on 11/10/2014When we first sat down, the busgirl brought us a basket of bread, it had 2 pieces of bread in it. One each?? Eggplant soup tasted like tomatoe sauce. $18.00 for pasta night, I ordered pasta with broccoli rabe, cherry peppers and fresh mozzarella. Small portion and about 5 little pieces of mozzarella. Our server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious lunch al frescoPatsyVIPDined on 11/10/2014We each had superb rare hamburgers with toppings. They were served to us on the porch, which is now enclosed against the cold.Special Features:
- LoveGreatLocal3Dined on 11/7/2014Don't go restaurant week. Great menu all of the time & the chef will yield to certain requests.Special Features:
- Nice placeAdmiralDined on 11/6/2014Somewhat noisy but good food with ample portions Shredded pork shoulder with pasta looked great, but someone must have dropped the salt shaker into it Waitress didn't seem concerned It was a busy night due to restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- la tavoladonlDined on 11/2/2014A 7 pm reservation should be 7 pm, not 7:35, why make a reservation!
- ConsistentPowell8Dined on 10/15/2014Another fine meal with friends who we brought for the first time this summer. They wanted to return because they liked it so much. They drove all the way from Quogue.Special Features:
- WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014I was disappointed in the wine list, or lack of decent wines is more appropriate. I tried two different types and though the prices reflected the drinks, I would have liked to pay more for a delicious wine by the glass rather than $7 for something that does not taste good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodieCoupleDined on 10/12/2014We went recently for our anniversary dinner the good was amazing and the service was great the resturant isn't huge and we were sat at a table almost arms reach from another couple. It was difficult to have our own conversation. Overall we would defiantly return and probably ask for a separate boothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud!Char1Dined on 10/11/2014They sat us in a smaller room that I thought was very nice till they sat a party of 12 celebrating a birthday right next to us. It was very loud and could not hear each other. The food was just ok, had salmon that was under seasoned and a little dry. My appy was Tomatoes and Mozzerella. It was tiny little balls of cheese with grape tomatoes. Not what I expected.Special Features:
- Just right for Friday nightLinnyDined on 10/10/2014I wanted good pasta in a relaxed setting on a Friday night after school. This fit the bill perfectly! The grilled romaine salad was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealfine2dineDined on 10/5/2014Service was attentive, the food was quite good, the Fillet mignon was cooked perfectly and very tasty. We recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Great go everytime I am in Long Island. I like the place and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again, another great lunchPatsyVIPDined on 9/29/2014At La Tavola, we are always assured of good food and well served.Special Features:
- Great MealNyeHumorDined on 9/20/2014I had a great meal at La Tavola this past weekend. While eating we enjoyed the sounds of live music from the bar area. All of the courses were cooked wonderfully!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance and food at La Tavola is always great however every experience for the last year with the service is poor at it's best. You are left for at least 5 minutes after being seated to get a waitress to ask if you'd like a drink. It's a shame I really enjoy this restaurant but they need to hire more experience servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!Barb22Dined on 9/11/2014Moderately priced, good food. Also has an attractive outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceySkippyDined on 8/30/2014Expensive for the quality of the food. Calamari were a little chewy; linguini and clams were spicey but the clams were good. Service was good.
- NRNoraVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love this place, am never disappointed with any aspect of the experience, any time of day!Special Features:
- Tasty food/Decent priceGoodfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Seafood special plate came and had shrimp,clams, mussels,scallops but the main item that was advertised with it was lobster...I did not see or taste any thing in conjunction with lobster...It was all very good tasting though..I think they just forgot the lobster part ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SF foodie says A+ !!!LeoinSFVIPDined on 8/10/2014Lobster cocktail - yum! Whole chunks of fresh lobster. The baked clams were very delicious, and the beet salad was outstanding. The rigatoni pasta with veal meatballs was really terrific, and the crispy gnocchi was out of this world. Great selection of beers as well, though the wine list could use a little sprucing up. Overall fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeauFrankDined on 8/8/2014This was an ok experience. Last minute decision and one of the few restaurants available at 6:30 on a Friday night. Soup special was watery and overly spiced.Special Features:
- rosieVIPDined on 8/2/2014On the food most of it was very good , The fluke and shrimp was great as was the swordfish. My Linguine with clams was so-so but the pork chop was almost raw. I know the new thing is pink for pork but this was beyond pink. Usually the service is very good but this time it was terrible, The server gave everyone the wrong plates and then we had to shift the food around and the waitress did not come and check if we needed anything . It was not that busy so maybe new help? It's still not a bad place we will be back .Special Features:
- Consistently goodBeccaDined on 8/1/2014La Tavola is always great. Every aspect of their menu, drinks, appetizers, pizzas, main courses, and desserts always impress us.Special Features:
- Average to good, very slow serviceAJShoeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Appetizers were very good. However the food took a really long time to come out. The waitress was quite overwhelemed and service was slow and unattentive. I ordered pork Milanese and it came out as a thick unbreaded pork chop ? Milanese means breaded. When I inquired about why it was prepared unbreaded I was told that it was "dipped in a milanese sauce". Does that mean that they would offer grilled fried chicken as well. My wife ordered salmon for her main dish and it was cooked well and average in taste. No dish was special or great. The place did not impress our palate and lack of knowledge and excuses from staff was a bit off putting.Special Features:
- The following 210 reviews are from the La Tavola - Sayville reviews archive.
- An Awesome Experience!cjm727Dined on 7/31/2014As always La Tavola is an awesome dining experience! The food is consistently delicious and well prepared. Attention to detail is the staffs number one concern.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceMECK81868VIPDined on 7/25/2014We've been to this restaurant for brunch and lunch and while the food is good and they can handle the less busy meal times fairly well, the level of service on a Friday or Saturday night is severely lacking. We came in on a Friday night, we didn't have an actual server - one of the wait staff told us that on busy nights they "pool together" and and any number of servers and/or bus people will work a number of tables. This method doesn't work, we were virtually ignored unless we grabbed whomever was running by. The hostess seated friends who came in without a reservation before customers who had reservations and they didn't check us in with Open Table. These are just a few of the reasons we feel that overall this place has gone downhill.
- A local favoritePatsyVIPDined on 7/10/2014I think that we have shown by our loyal patronage that La Tavola is one of our favorite restaurants in Sayville, and there are many fine places in our town to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, La Tavola was greatPatsyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This time, we ordered La Tavola's take on Eggs Benedict, called "Eggs Florentine" with prosciutto and spinach..just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barb22Dined on 7/3/2014Excellent food--- but very noisy. The bar crowd noise spill over into the dining area. Found we had to almost shout to be heard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more rave for La TavolaPatsyVIPDined on 7/3/2014It's obvious that this is a favorite restaurant of mine by the amount of times I've gone there recently. It's always a fine outing for me and my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fourth visit in two weeksPatsyVIPDined on 7/1/2014I've had nothing but great lunches and dinners at La Tavola with various companions. Indoors and outdoors, one can count on fine service and well-served food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A table in the shadePatsyVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a fine brunch outdoors, and ordered off the lunch menu, though the brunch was also available. The burgers were perfect and accompanied by excellent fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in a lovely gardenPatsyVIPDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant has it all, and this one brunch was not quite up to standard, but there was a big party for a bridal shower to be served at the same time, which could explain that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Salads were large enough to share. Had spinach with fried oysters. The salad was great the oysters need to be crisp and however. The fish special was great and also the scallops and flounder and shrimp entree's. The only dish now really great was the gnocchi with lobster was dry and very sweet . Over all it's a nice place with good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We're regulars here, and cannot speak highly enough. Service is great, and the food is always amazing.Special Features:
- YUM!ruthBDined on 6/14/2014We've been to La Tavola many times before and it is always an enjoyable meal. Our waitress, Alexandra, was knowledgeable and pleasant. Our food was amazing! We sat outside and had a delightful evening! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- First time visitorAlisonDined on 6/8/2014La tavola was recommended to me by a friend. We live 35min away & we definitely go back. Salads, appetizers, meals & desserts were great. We asked waitress for recommendations & she gave us a lot of suggestions. Beet salad was the best. Everyone all had different dishes & all were delicious. Chocolate mousse cake was big enough for 2 - it really was only choc mousse not cake which was why it was so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is worth the waitJessVIPDined on 6/8/2014Went for brunch with my husband and checked in with the hostess but somehow I got a no-show email. My husband opted for the unlimited screwdrivers but had to order then as soon as he got the one because they took so long. Food was great but you had to wait for it. Server was nice but I guess sitting outside we waited for some lovin'! Would still definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.